Return to normality? July weigh in and accountability thread

Options

Replies

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    @I4a_p, 38h!! Way to go!
    The only time I fast is before a doc appointment!🤣
    It's 1 thing I can't seem to stick to. I get up at 6:30 and I get so hungry around 9-10am. (dinner around 6-7pm) On the weekend when I sleep in another hour and go workout, I don't get hungry till noon.
    So being at the desk, working is the killer- :/
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,811 Member
    Options
    #1 GET OFF THE ROLLERCOASTER
    what this means is that I need to quit always worrying about did I gain a pound or two and lately I have found that I am tending instead of eating at a nice steady pace I am either binging or restricting more and more. It's a no win zero sum game so my plan is to just eat to my TDEE and log consistantly

********* week 1********** pretty consistent not restricting or binging but I think a little light to TDEE at avg in of 1678 so will gradually increase . Closed diary every day.

#2 800 active minutes per day (Apple watch) goal.
    This should NOT be difficult and I hope for it to energize me. My avg since I got my watch in late Dec last year is 817 per day and my average in June was 791 but May was 866 so I have felt like my activity trend is going the wrong direction.

******** week 1*************
    averaged 967 active minutes. Success but it's not a steady rate and today again with just walking may be hard to reach the 800 but NO EXCUSES... Week 2 here we go.

I have a great feeling about everyone this month...

• SummerSkier
    Options
    I agree with weatherking, fasting just causes me to binge. I admire the folks who can do IF or Fasts and I know that it can be successful for many as a kick start.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    what this means is that I need to quit always worrying about did I gain a pound or two and lately I have found that I am tending instead of eating at a nice steady pace I am either binging or restricting more and more. It's a no win zero sum game so my plan is to just eat to my TDEE and log consistantly

********* week 1********** pretty consistent not restricting or binging but I think a little light to TDEE at avg in of 1678 so will gradually increase . Closed diary every day.

This should NOT be difficult and I hope for it to energize me. My avg since I got my watch in late Dec last year is 817 per day and my average in June was 791 but May was 866 so I have felt like my activity trend is going the wrong direction.

averaged 967 active minutes. Success but it's not a steady rate and today again with just walking may be hard to reach the 800 but NO EXCUSES... Week 2 here we go.

How can you achieve 800 active minutes per day, I wonder? I'm hardly awake that long :open_mouth:
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    5'8" 42yo
    SW: 154.4
    May GW: 140
    GW: 133

August SW 145.8 EW 145.6
    Sept SW 145.6 EW 145.6
    Oct SW 145.6 EW 142.6
    Nov SW 142.6 EW 146.2
    Dec SW 146.2 EW 147.0
    Jan SW 147.0 EW 142.0
    Feb SW 140.5 EW 143.2
    Mar SW 143.2 EW 143.4
    May SW ???? EW 143.6
    June SW143.6 EW 143.8

So, apparently I've learned to maintain fairly well. Had to do pics with one of my horses and I'm not thrilled, time to tighten things back up. :-1: Right now, I've been struggling to find the motivation to log consistently. I'm grateful for this group keeping me accountable because my giveadarn is not really working. I even quit weighing in every morning - which for me, makes a difference.

Goals - keeping it super simple right now
    1. Be consistent - weigh in and food
    2. Get to the 130s - this is past the point of ridiculous

July 1 - 142.6day/144.0ave
    July 2 - 146.0 - I made stir fry chicken last night and I think it's maybe all the sodium in the soy? Weird, highest weight I've had in ages and I didn't eat badly yesterday. Lots of water today and shaking it off.
    July 6 - 148.6 - Obviously I over-celebrated the wknd. I seem to blow up with water weight when I get dehydrated and too much junk food. Rode out in the mountains yesterday for about 6 hours. Such fun! Decent start today, got up at 5:30 and worked one horse before work. Cool & crisp - sunrise is one of my favorite times to be outdoors. Using this Monday as a fresh start!
    July 7 - 148.4 - one step at a time. Yesterday I did well on food, kept it at 1200. Last week I got lazy and ate out for lunch - hubby was in town so I ate whatever I picked up for him...and then inhaled dinner + snacks.. I'm paying for it now. Good start today - up at 5 and rode before work. The more I stay outdoors, the better I do with food.
    July 8 - 148.0 - yesterday wasn't as good as it should've been foodwise. Hubby showed up at work to take me to lunch... so there went my plan of a protein bar. Made shrimp/steak fajitas for dinner - I skipped the sour cream, cheese so it wasn't too bad. I still feel really bloated and ugh. Started back on vit d today, realized I've gotten out of the habit of taking it every morning. Decent start today - up at 5:30 and rode till 7 so at least I got in some exercise before coming to the office to sit on my butt all day. I swear desk jobs are the absolute worst.
  • cayenne_007
    Options
    Antiopelle wrote: »

How can you achieve 800 active minutes per day, I wonder? I'm hardly awake that long :open_mouth:

It's impossible with my job - I hit it on wknds. This 8 hours of rolling around in a chair is deadly. :neutral:
  • cayenne_007
    Options
    l4a_p wrote: »
    ME:
    30y * 5'9" * Weight goal: 63kg (138,89lbs)

JULY GOALS
    • Keep up the good workout routine with focus on glutes
    • Stick to IF and do some longer fasts again (even though at home it's super difficult)
      38h and counting
    • Push through instead of constantly going up-down with good and bad days
    • Start logging again

WEIGHT - 7 day averages
    06 July: 70kg
    08 July: 68.1kg

Currently at 38h fasting. I know it's not actual weightloss (most of it is water of course) but I still feel like I've been reset! Nothing works as well as a fast to get rid of cravings.

WTG!!!!! I swear it's the absolute best way to kill the cravings. I really need to do one.
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    Ooops - I guess I have been mis speaking. Its the activity goal on my watch. It's probably more like 800 active calories vs minutes... ummmm Just making sure you guys were on your toes?? o:)B)
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Ooops - I guess I have been mis speaking. Its the activity goal on my watch. It's probably more like 800 active calories vs minutes... ummmm Just making sure you guys were on your toes?? o:)B)

@SummerSkier Yeah, the MOVE ring is set for Total CAL. 800 is pretty up there! Mine is set at 580... 🙄
    @cayenne_007 I'm with you on the desk job being the killer- hate it. Want to find a PT job with benefits.
  • cayenne_007
    Options

@SummerSkier Yeah, the MOVE ring is set for Total CAL. 800 is pretty up there! Mine is set at 580... 🙄
    @cayenne_007 I'm with you on the desk job being the killer- hate it. Want to find a PT job with benefits.

@weatherking2019 - ME too!!!! I don't currently have benefits, but I think I can go to PT in the next 3 years. I've been racking my brain to come up with something I can do from home. The horses provide some income, but I'm happier with a more predictable paycheck. I loathe sitting in the office. We've been slow and I could do my job in 20 hours a week.....but company policy - my body has to be on the premises no matter what for 40. Rant over... :smiley: (at least it's air conditioned)
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    Well I have a desk job as well but I try to make sure I get out before and after work. And min of 20 minutes breaks to walk morning and afternoon. It's harder working remotely as I no longer have the longer walks from the parking lot or to the restroom. And I miss walking at work with my friend. :(

I had set my move goal to 300 for a while and I might change it back for August. ;)

Oh you guys kept saying PT and all I could think of was Physical Torture... you mean part time job.. duh. :p
  • kerstenk141
    kerstenk141 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    36yo | 5;5"

Currently
    • Weight: 130lbs
    • Waist: 28.5"
    • Arms: 12"
    • Hips: 39.5"

JULY GOALS
    • Continue with my current 6-week workout plan (currently on week 3) with a focus on form and lifting heavier
    • Not be afraid to consume more calories - supposed to eat 1600 daily but currently scared to go over 1400
    • Dont forget to stretch
    • Walk the puppers more cause he needs to work out too
  • jacau
    jacau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    @I4a_p any news on the fast? You have a cheering crowd here waiting for news ;)

And to the others, desk jobs are killer! Similar to @SummerSkier I do try to take regular breaks in the morning, lunch break and afternoon to go for a walk. So nice and it just feels good to stretch the legs. Also moving around to fetch coffee/tea or check on things down the hall. Going there by bike. All stuff I'm missing or not getting in as activity when working from home usually. I do try to maintain at least the lunch walk. But the rest is difficult. Too easy to continue working and forget the time.

All in all I'm currently wondering whether to look for a new job right now, or reduce from full time to part time. Not sure yet. But I feel like making some changes on that front.

In return, this week I already got a run in, plus 3 days in the office. Later today run no. 2 this week. And yesterday was the first pole class with teacher again. Teacher is not allowed yet to support/catch the students but it was still good to have someone be there to spot and make suggestions where things didn't work out. Bit of muscle soreness now :) It is more intense than practicing alone it seems, hahaha.

2dis72qdxat8.png
  • cayenne_007
    Options
    5'8" 42yo
    SW: 154.4
    May GW: 140
    GW: 133

August SW 145.8 EW 145.6
    Sept SW 145.6 EW 145.6
    Oct SW 145.6 EW 142.6
    Nov SW 142.6 EW 146.2
    Dec SW 146.2 EW 147.0
    Jan SW 147.0 EW 142.0
    Feb SW 140.5 EW 143.2
    Mar SW 143.2 EW 143.4
    May SW ???? EW 143.6
    June SW143.6 EW 143.8

So, apparently I've learned to maintain fairly well. Had to do pics with one of my horses and I'm not thrilled, time to tighten things back up. :-1: Right now, I've been struggling to find the motivation to log consistently. I'm grateful for this group keeping me accountable because my giveadarn is not really working. I even quit weighing in every morning - which for me, makes a difference.

Goals - keeping it super simple right now
    1. Be consistent - weigh in and food
    2. Get to the 130s - this is past the point of ridiculous

July 1 - 142.6day/144.0ave
    July 2 - 146.0 - I made stir fry chicken last night and I think it's maybe all the sodium in the soy? Weird, highest weight I've had in ages and I didn't eat badly yesterday. Lots of water today and shaking it off.
    July 6 - 148.6 - Obviously I over-celebrated the wknd. I seem to blow up with water weight when I get dehydrated and too much junk food. Rode out in the mountains yesterday for about 6 hours. Such fun! Decent start today, got up at 5:30 and worked one horse before work. Cool & crisp - sunrise is one of my favorite times to be outdoors. Using this Monday as a fresh start!
    July 7 - 148.4 - one step at a time. Yesterday I did well on food, kept it at 1200. Last week I got lazy and ate out for lunch - hubby was in town so I ate whatever I picked up for him...and then inhaled dinner + snacks.. I'm paying for it now. Good start today - up at 5 and rode before work. The more I stay outdoors, the better I do with food.
    July 8 - 148.0 - yesterday wasn't as good as it should've been foodwise. Hubby showed up at work to take me to lunch... so there went my plan of a protein bar. Made shrimp/steak fajitas for dinner - I skipped the sour cream, cheese so it wasn't too bad. I still feel really bloated and ugh. Started back on vit d today, realized I've gotten out of the habit of taking it every morning. Decent start today - up at 5:30 and rode till 7 so at least I got in some exercise before coming to the office to sit on my butt all day. I swear desk jobs are the absolute worst.
    July 9 - 147.0 - At least things are going the right direction. Rode a bit last night and made it up this morning for an hour riding before coming to the office. Funny how much more mindful being careful to log my food makes me.
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    July 9 update. Ok gals we are almost 1/3 thru the month already. It's going by fast. Let's buckle down and keep going!

Jul 8 I think I still might be eating a little light to TDEE but not pushing things.
    Jul 9
    Jul 10

#2 800 active minutes calories per day (Apple watch) goal.

Jul 8 so yesterday I just did not feel like running in the morning. But I still managed almost 26K steps with my morning walk. I ended the day pleasantly surprised with 895! So a good lesson that even when I don't get half of these from a morning run, I can still meet my goals!!
    Jul 9
    Jul 10
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    34/5'4"

Motivated by money, I did something every unhealthy and stupid to lose the weight quickly to win a DietBet so I knew it would come back

I promise that there will be no more of that as it was awful!

New goal is to treat myself better for the month of July and lose slowly and gradually in order to ensure long term success :)

agreed. I don't really like participating in those challenges because it tends to enforce poor behavior. I did one Apple watch challenge just to see how it worked. I did one fitbit challenge too. Since my goal is to get "off the rollercoaster" I don't ever like to participate in the diet type challenges because you are right in that it's not sustainable loss or good behavior training. :(
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I logged a day late because I didn't realise yesterday was Wednesday :#

1lb down! Very happy with that as progress. Also found out that I will be returning to the office on Wednesday and I am very happy with that. Managed to get some runs and walks in and feel a little more in control.

Until Sunday. It's my partner's birthday so we are going out for dinner. Mind you, it's a 15-20 min walk each way to the restaurant so we'll be somewhat good at least!

Height: 5'10"
    HW: 183lbs (Fri 24th March 2017)
    SW Jul 2020: 172lbs (1st Jan weigh in)
    Ultimate goal: Not sure. Starting with 160lbs
    Jul goal: Below 170lbs

1st Jul: 172lbs
    9th Jul: 171lbs

• jacau
    jacau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

not going to post weights today. Weight was up this morning but my muscles are also quite sore, so there's that as a potential reason. Takes some getting used to again to more running, and pole, and stuff :) But it feels NICE! B)

Anyhow, weekend challenge No. 1 of July is right around the corner. In-laws will arrive tomorrow and stay until Wednesday. One evening dining out (1st time since the Corona age started :# ), the rest is cooking at home. Fingers crossed for better weather so that we can go for long walks somewhere!

At least there's enough time tomorrow morning to go for the running class and run some last errands before they arrive. Not sure, how logging food will work out the coming days, but I'll report on Wednesday how it went.

Have a lovely weekend everyone!
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

:lol: