TEAM: Gutbusters (August)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• Nancy52781
    Nancy52781 Posts: 117 Member
    Nancy 39 from Quebec Canada and need to lose 50lbs.

I have always been small even after having my two oldest children in my early 20’s then gained 45lbs after having a 3rd child 11 years later at 33.

I was able to lose it all in 2016 in a group challenge like this one here on MyFitnessPal but unfortunately i binged myself to my highest weight ever of 182lbs.

I am currently going through a separation from a 20 year relationship and its my motivation to feel better about myself now that i have more time to concentrate on me, It is also however one of the reasons i am eating my emotions some night’s.

I have just got down to 175.3 after strick calorie counting this month but have been eating like a horse for the last 3 days 😞 Im hoping this challenge will give me the motivation i need to lose at least 10lbs for August🤗

Go team Gutbusters
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,301 Member
    Just stole this from a Facebook post... love it, kinda sums up why I am here, again!

u9jpamyg2jz3.png

• looneycatblue
    I am back, took a break a couple of times, and each time gained back close to 5 lbs. I need to be here to keep myself accountable, for the support, and to help each of you too. We are in this together, on our journeys to better health, to drop a few lbs, and towards feeling better about ourselves, inside and out.

When I first started with this group, I think around March 2019, I was 182, got down to 163.4 about a month ago, so close to a 20 lb loss! Then way too many things hit me at once, and I just couldn't, "wasn't" putting in the effort needed. I am now rejoining, starting back at 168.0.

I am 61 3/4, 5' +5-1/2" (that 1/2" counts), my current goal is 150, but ultimately would like to get closer to 140. I haven't been 140 since 2006, this is where I felt the best, health-wise and how my clothes fit (vanity).

Happy Friday Everyone, Cheers to a Great August! <3
  • ahelgers10
    ahelgers10 Posts: 376 Member
    Hello! I have been on and off MFP for the last 8 years. 2 years ago I was really successful and managed to lose almost 30lbs. Over the last 2 years my weight has climbed to my current weight and highest weight including my 3 pregnancies. I am starting this new journey at 235. I have struggled with my weight for the last almost 16 years since the birth of my first child. Hoping this group is going to help with the motivation I am going to need.

Here's to a great month!
  • nekishaearly637
    nekishaearly637 Posts: 56 Member
    Hi everyone my name is Kisha. I've just got back onto mfp after some years and I'm ready to lose some pounds.
  • looneycatblue
    My August Goals:

1. stay accountable, check in here each day
    2. lose 4 lbs (need to take off what I added on in July)
    3. walk each day, at least 30 minutes, no matter how busy, no negotiating on this, I need this for many reasons
    4. log all food and drink
    5. drink at least 64 oz water daily

Okay it is now in writing... I need to stick with this plan, starting with August 1, 2020!
  • allietuge
    allietuge Posts: 343 Member
    Hey fit fam!!! This is my billionth time hitting the reset button. Lately my lifehas caused me to give into emotional binge eating and very little focus on myself. This month will be different. It is MY time.

Time to dominate August!!!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Hey, sorry I been MIA lately but if you will still have me I will continue with the August check in's.
  • matthewsfive
    allietuge wrote: »
    Hey fit fam!!! This is my billionth time hitting the reset button. Lately my lifehas caused me to give into emotional binge eating and very little focus on myself. This month will be different. It is MY time.

@alletuge
    I hear ya, same here. Lets kick out July by its butt and say Hello to August
  • matthewsfive
    I am back, took a break a couple of times, and each time gained back close to 5 lbs. I need to be here to keep myself accountable, for the support, and to help each of you too. We are in this together, on our journeys to better health, to drop a few lbs, and towards feeling better about ourselves, inside and out.

When I first started with this group, I think around March 2019, I was 182, got down to 163.4 about a month ago, so close to a 20 lb loss! Then way too many things hit me at once, and I just couldn't, "wasn't" putting in the effort needed. I am now rejoining, starting back at 168.0.

I am 61 3/4, 5' +5-1/2" (that 1/2" counts), my current goal is 150, but ultimately would like to get closer to 140. I haven't been 140 since 2006, this is where I felt the best, health-wise and how my clothes fit (vanity).

Happy Friday Everyone, Cheers to a Great August! <3

@looneycatblue

Here's to August
  • Pumpitusa
    Pumpitusa Posts: 169 Member
    Good luck
  • allietuge
    allietuge Posts: 343 Member
    allietuge wrote: »

@alletuge
    I hear ya, same here. Lets kick out July by its butt and say Hello to August

Hell yes girl!! July is out the door and I'm welcoming August!!!
  • nekishaearly637
    nekishaearly637 Posts: 56 Member
    I'm new. Are we suppose to log in something in this thread daily?
  • Pumpitusa
    I need this to work this time. Maybe this challenge is what I need. By this time next year I would like to be about 100 pounds less. Thats as aggressive I think you can be and still be safe. Thank you AB0215 for this challenge. Good luck and be safe.
  • looneycatblue
    @nekishaearly637 some post daily, it is totally up to you. I don't always post daily, however this is one of my August goals. You might want to try something like this, (or whatever you want that helps you to stay on track)

Day 1, 8/1
    Tracked: Yes
    Under calorie: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, early morning long walk, then another shorter one in the evening with hubby
    Minutes: 85
    Steps: 10,294
    Water: 80 oz
  • looneycatblue
    @Pumpitusa you can do this! This is a great group to be joining, very supportive and no judgement. You may want to post your August goals and post a little something everyday, this help me to stay on track, knowing that when I do get off track (which happens more than I care for), it pushes me to get right back to it.
  • Pumpitusa
    @looneycatblue Thank you for taking the time for the encouraging words. I have always done better in groups than on my own. Have a great Sunday and stay safe
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Hi I’m 60. Living in Australia. 5ft 3. Initial goal 150lbs. So that’s about 14lbs at this stage. Next goal would be 140lbs. I have a new grandson born 12 days ago. He has had a few problems so has been in Neo Natal critical care. It’s been a stressful time but he has had a lot of people praying for him and has improved quickly and was able to go home last Friday.🙏🏻
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    August 3
    Exercised? Yes. 35 minute walk. 10,380 steps
    Calories? Yes in budget
    Tracked? Yes
  • ahelgers10
    ahelgers10 Posts: 376 Member
    Hey everyone! Just checking in and thought I would share my goals for the month.

1. To be more active in this group. I haven't been in the past challenges I have done.
    2. Log all food and drink.
    3. Be more active
    4. Lose 5-10 lbs.

I have to say so far I am very proud of myself. We live in South Carolina and have been watching Hurricane/Tropical Storm Isaias. Normally we would be buying lots of junk food and giving into the stress of the storm. This time we have stayed away from all that stuff.