Replies

• Nancy52781
    Nancy52781 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Username: nancy52781
    Weigh in week: August week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: 175.3
    Todays weight: 180.3( lots of water weight from bing eating for the past week hopefully i will shed most of it by next weigh in)

Goals this week are to walk at least an hour each day, not eat more then 1200 calories per day and to drink more water.
  • dlofficer
    dlofficer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Nancy52781 wrote: »
    Nancy 39 from Quebec Canada and need to lose 50lbs.

I have always been small even after having my two oldest children in my early 20’s then gained 45lbs after having a 3rd child 11 years later at 33.

I was able to lose it all in 2016 in a group challenge like this one here on MyFitnessPal but unfortunately i binged myself to my highest weight ever of 182lbs.

I am currently going through a separation from a 20 year relationship and its my motivation to feel better about myself now that i have more time to concentrate on me, It is also however one of the reasons i am eating my emotions some night’s.

I have just got down to 175.3 after strick calorie counting this month but have been eating like a horse for the last 3 days 😞 Im hoping this challenge will give me the motivation i need to lose at least 10lbs for August🤗

Go team Gutbusters

Welcome to the group @Nancy52781! Your recent life sounds very similar to my life about 14 years ago! I didn't have a group like this to help me stay focused. You can do this and you will be even better on the other side! Glad you joined us!
  • dlofficer
    Options
    I am back, took a break a couple of times, and each time gained back close to 5 lbs. I need to be here to keep myself accountable, for the support, and to help each of you too. We are in this together, on our journeys to better health, to drop a few lbs, and towards feeling better about ourselves, inside and out.

When I first started with this group, I think around March 2019, I was 182, got down to 163.4 about a month ago, so close to a 20 lb loss! Then way too many things hit me at once, and I just couldn't, "wasn't" putting in the effort needed. I am now rejoining, starting back at 168.0.

I am 61 3/4, 5' +5-1/2" (that 1/2" counts), my current goal is 150, but ultimately would like to get closer to 140. I haven't been 140 since 2006, this is where I felt the best, health-wise and how my clothes fit (vanity).

Happy Friday Everyone, Cheers to a Great August! <3

Glad to have you back @looneycatblue! You goal sounds very similar to mine! I would be happy at 150, but even happier at 140. One goal focus at a time! :)
  • dlofficer
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is Kisha. I've just got back onto mfp after some years and I'm ready to lose some pounds.

Let's do this @nekishaearly637! I do better when I feel challenged and since this is a competition to be first, grab hold of that and push yourself!
  • dlofficer
    Options
    allietuge wrote: »
    Hey fit fam!!! This is my billionth time hitting the reset button. Lately my lifehas caused me to give into emotional binge eating and very little focus on myself. This month will be different. It is MY time.

Time to dominate August!!!

That's the spirit @allietuge! Let's do this!
  • dlofficer
    Options
    Hey, sorry I been MIA lately but if you will still have me I will continue with the August check in's.

Of course we still want you to be a part of our group @matthewsfive! Let's lose those pounds this month!
  • dlofficer
    Options
    Pumpitusa wrote: »
    I need this to work this time. Maybe this challenge is what I need. By this time next year I would like to be about 100 pounds less. Thats as aggressive I think you can be and still be safe. Thank you AB0215 for this challenge. Good luck and be safe.

I like aggressive challenges! And I like to be first! That's what makes me push myself in this group! Stay focused and set yourself some goals, such as calorie counting. That really helps me @Pumpitusa!
  • dlofficer
    Options
    Colleen790 wrote: »
    Hi I’m 60. Living in Australia. 5ft 3. Initial goal 150lbs. So that’s about 14lbs at this stage. Next goal would be 140lbs. I have a new grandson born 12 days ago. He has had a few problems so has been in Neo Natal critical care. It’s been a stressful time but he has had a lot of people praying for him and has improved quickly and was able to go home last Friday.🙏🏻

That is great news @Colleen790! I hope and pray he continues to improve! Stressful times sometimes lead to stress eating, so hopefully things will start to calm down in your life and you can stay focused on this challenge. Glad you are back!
  • dlofficer
    Options
    ahelgers10 wrote: »
    Hey everyone! Just checking in and thought I would share my goals for the month.

1. To be more active in this group. I haven't been in the past challenges I have done.
    2. Log all food and drink.
    3. Be more active
    4. Lose 5-10 lbs.

I have to say so far I am very proud of myself. We live in South Carolina and have been watching Hurricane/Tropical Storm Isaias. Normally we would be buying lots of junk food and giving into the stress of the storm. This time we have stayed away from all that stuff.

Yikes @ahelgers10! I've only been through a small hurricane when I lived in Houston, and that was enough for me! Being stuck inside for 3 days just about drove me crazy! Hope it passes quickly with no damage! Try and make a shopping list of healthy snacks and stick to it when you go and shop. That will help you when the time comes.
  • dlofficer
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm going to be your group leader for the month! A little about myself...I'm a 53 year old, single mom of 3 awesome kids! My oldest son is 21 (lives on his own), my daughter (at college) is 19, and my youngest son is 16. I work as an accountant for my local county library system which consists of 26 different locations in Central Oklahoma. I also work evenings doing DoorDash for extra income to pay for kid stuff! So needless to say, my only personal time is usually in the evenings.

I would like you all to use this area to encourage one another and post your ups and downs. We are all going to have bad days that may count against us, but the goal is not to give up. We are all in this together to try and lose weight and make ourselves more healthy! No one loses when that is the goal!

Make sure you post on your weigh in days. I haven't looked at who is due to report today, but please don't miss it or it will count against all of us. Two misses and you will be out of the group. We don't want that. :(

When you post your weight, please do so like this:
    @dlofficer (user name)
    SW: 181 (your starting weight you gave when you started this month - will always be the same)
    PW: ---(your weight from the week before - will be nothing the first week)
    CW: 183 (your current weight for the week/ and, yes, I gained 2 pounds this week) :(

Feel free to add any goals, thoughts, changes you want to make at the end.

FYI...I weighed 3 times this morning and had three different weights show up. I think my scale is about done for. I may have killed it over the years. :(
  • dlofficer
    Options
    WEIGHTS NEEDED ASAP:
    For Sunday: I need your weights from yesterday (Sunday) if you have them. Otherwise, you will need to wait until next week.

For Today (Monday):
    Thanks everyone!
  • dlofficer
    Options
    Nancy52781 wrote: »
    Username: nancy52781
    Weigh in week: August week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: 175.3
    Todays weight: 180.3( lots of water weight from bing eating for the past week hopefully i will shed most of it by next weigh in)

Goals this week are to walk at least an hour each day, not eat more then 1200 calories per day and to drink more water.

Don't get discouraged. I gained this week, also. I was too enticed with eating out and ice cream this week. Got to get back to exercising and counting calories. We can do this!
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Day 2, 8/2
    Tracked: Yes
    Under calorie: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, early morning long walk
    Minutes: 64
    Steps: 10,108
    Water: 80 oz
  • ahelgers10
    ahelgers10 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    dlofficer wrote: »
    Hey everyone! Just checking in and thought I would share my goals for the month.

1. To be more active in this group. I haven't been in the past challenges I have done.
    2. Log all food and drink.
    3. Be more active
    4. Lose 5-10 lbs.

I have to say so far I am very proud of myself. We live in South Carolina and have been watching Hurricane/Tropical Storm Isaias. Normally we would be buying lots of junk food and giving into the stress of the storm. This time we have stayed away from all that stuff.

Yikes @ahelgers10! I've only been through a small hurricane when I lived in Houston, and that was enough for me! Being stuck inside for 3 days just about drove me crazy! Hope it passes quickly with no damage! Try and make a shopping list of healthy snacks and stick to it when you go and shop. That will help you when the time comes.

We made it through Tropical Storm Isaias just fine. It barely hit us as we are about 30 miles from the coast. It was just a typical rainy gloomy day. I was very excited when it was done last night so I could get out and go for a walk around my neighborhood. I was very excited because after having lived here for 5 years I finally tracked the distance of the walk I take around our subdivision and it is just over a 1/3 of a mile. It will be nice to know I can do a couple laps without getting to far away from home and still get at least a mile in.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Day 3, 8/3
    Tracked: Yes
    Under calorie: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, easy evening walk with hubby
    Minutes: 38
    Steps: 8,416
    Water: 64 oz
  • dlofficer
    Options
    dlofficer wrote: »
    WEIGHTS NEEDED ASAP:
    For Sunday: I need your weights from yesterday (Sunday) if you have them. Otherwise, you will need to wait until next week.

For Today (Monday):
    Thanks everyone!

I am also needing Tuesday Weigh Ins for the following:
    Please everyone, get me your weigh-ins or this will be considered one miss. :(
  • dlofficer
    Options
    Week 1 Question:
    What is the biggest obstacle you deal with when trying to lose weight?

Team: If you have a good solution, please reply by using @UserName to send a notification to that person or hit "Quote" then add a response at the bottom! Let's see if we can help each other out! :)
  • glouis4
    glouis4 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    GLouis4
    August Week 1
    PW: 167.3
    CW: 165.7

Happy August you guys! I weigh-in on Wednesdays but things are a little hectic so I’m posting slightly early.

This is my 10th month with this group and I’m happy to return!
  • ahelgers10
    ahelgers10 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Question: I think my biggest obstacle is not letting life get in the way. I always seem to let changes in my life derail me. 8 years ago when I first joined MFP after a couple months I started a 2nd job over night and I stopped being as serious of tracking my food and was up over night on the weekends which lead to me eating more. Then 2 years ago I was at almost 30 lbs down and then started dealing with some health issues and yet again I thought I needed to take a break when in reality I should have stuck with it.
  • dlofficer
    Options
    Week 1 Question: I think my biggest obstacle is not letting life get in the way. I always seem to let changes in my life derail me. 8 years ago when I first joined MFP after a couple months I started a 2nd job over night and I stopped being as serious of tracking my food and was up over night on the weekends which lead to me eating more. Then 2 years ago I was at almost 30 lbs down and then started dealing with some health issues and yet again I thought I needed to take a break when in reality I should have stuck with it.

@ahelgers10 - Life is a huge obstacle to a lot of our goals, especially right now! I am a major planner in all aspects of my life and unfortunately, I constantly get my plans stepped on. Since I have been like this most of my life, I have learned to shake off the things that get in my way, pick myself back up and find a new path. Forgiving myself when I feel like I have failed is a BIG thing that I have learned to do in order to not get discouraged. Hang in there and don't let obstacles stop you from achieving a healthier life!