Shrinking Assets Team Chat AUGUST 2020

Options

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday💥💥💥 21Day Fix Real Time from Beachbody Day 15 which meant Leg Day....Whew...feeling the 🔥🔥🔥 in them legs!!
    What are you doing to continue on your health journey???
    Let me know if you need some ideas💥💥💥
    Today is also my 30 year wedding anniversary so got my workout in early and having dinner @ home-hubby is going to make zucchini noodles w/shrimp and maybe I'll have a glass of wine 🍷🍷 our usual restaurant is closed due to COVID

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!! WOW! 30 years is a major accomplishment!
  • nicoleisme
    nicoleisme Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Anyone a Fitbit user? I need more motivation to get more steps in!
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Gah, this is freakin’ unacceptable. According to my Happy Scale and trendweight, I have actually GAINED in 30 days. Yesterday I was irritated, today I’m straight-up pissed off.

I know I should give it time, this is a marathon and not a sprint, but even marathon runners don’t usually go back towards the starting line at any point, I guess?

Upsides: I got my nails done yesterday. Today I’m meeting a friend for lunch and tonight the aerial acrobatics course begins. I’m both excited and nervous! I’ll let you guys know how it goes.
  • hipari
    Options
    nicoleisme wrote: »

I am, but I don’t do friends there so I guess it doesn’t help with what you want :)
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options

I don’t have a Fitbit but I made aiming for 15000 steps a day one of my habits in the habit tracker. Feel free to join me there with a step goal and I’ll check in on you.

@hipari that sucks. I’d be annoyed too. I hope you enjoyed your aerial aerobics and that the next 30 days see your weight heading the way you want it too.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Wednesday weigh in:
    PW: 155.4
    CW: 153.4
  • Curvybaja55
    Curvybaja55 Posts: 114 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Happy Wednesday
    Weigh in
    Curvybaja55
    PW 170.3
    CW 170
    LTD 32
    Hope everyone have a great day.💃💃💃💃
  • Beka3695
    Options

I'm on there.... you can find me at rebekah.helton@yahoo.com
    There are several of us on my friends list that you can link from my page :)

• Beka3695
    Options
    hipari wrote: »
    Gah, this is freakin’ unacceptable. According to my Happy Scale and trendweight, I have actually GAINED in 30 days. Yesterday I was irritated, today I’m straight-up pissed off.

I know I should give it time, this is a marathon and not a sprint, but even marathon runners don’t usually go back towards the starting line at any point, I guess?

Upsides: I got my nails done yesterday. Today I’m meeting a friend for lunch and tonight the aerial acrobatics course begins. I’m both excited and nervous! I’ll let you guys know how it goes.

This is so frustrating!!! Can you mentally review your last month and see where the disconnect is? Is your logging tight? Are you over estimating your caloric burn?
  • Beka3695
    Options
    @TheMrWobbly Got a weigh in for the week? You are changing your day to Sunday.... right?
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.
    I think I am doing pretty good with my food thing week.
    I get 2 new fur(ish) babies to foster tonight. I am excited!!
  • hipari
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    hipari wrote: »

This is so frustrating!!! Can you mentally review your last month and see where the disconnect is? Is your logging tight? Are you over estimating your caloric burn?

Looking at the graph, I had a decent loss on the first week of July, then pretty much maintained for three weeks, and my weight jumped after last weekend. I'm feeling fairly confident that it's really just bloat since there are so many issues at play: PMS/TOM, some IBS-related tummy issues, three consecutive sodium and carb heavy days (and one more today), and decreased activity due to return to work. I also returned to the office and tend to drink a lot more water here than at home, so part of this could also be just rehydrating in combination with the carb overload that holds onto water. My logging has definitely not been tight, but since I maintained the first three weeks I don't think it's about that. My Fitbit estimates my calorie burn the same way as always, and I've never had a problem with that.

I think I just have to ride this out, continue to trust the process and look forward to the bloat leaving my body. There's nothing else I can do anyway, but I'd love to seen an actual loss. Today I have the acrobatics class, the TOM bloat should leave on the weekend, and the weather forecast is nice so I can spend time being active outdoors. So, my mind and body will go onwards and upwards while my weight will start to move downwards!
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    boehle wrote: »
    Good Morning.
    I think I am doing pretty good with my food thing week.
    I get 2 new fur(ish) babies to foster tonight. I am excited!!

I don’t do well with foster babies. They get adopted (by me!). I had 9 dogs at one point. We lost several to cancer and then adopted another “trouble” child, so now we are at 7.

2 of my fur kids are pit bull foster failures. They knew they were living with me before I knew it though lol.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    To piggy back on what @hipari said above - I am noticing there are things that are cyclical that I was never aware of - at least for me.

I have been watching my resting heart rate for several months. I have a monthly peak and valley. I have noticed this for the last 3 months. I am currently in a valley with a RHR of 65 BPM. My last peak was 7/17 at 77 BPM. My highs are not has high as they used to be, and my lows are lower. So I am trending down, but still have these peaks.

Is this TOM related?? IDK -- I had a hysterectomy several years ago but kept my ovaries. I only PMS bad maybe 2x a year. So not sure if it is TOM.

Our bodies are so fascinating!!! I love seeing how the better I treat my body, the better it works for me. I am still in search of the perfect combination -- but far closer than I was just 6 months ago!!!!
  • hipari
    Options
    @Beka3695 so true! Also, thanks for reminding me about the one thing I'm actually seeing good progress on :) my RHR has come back down to 61BPM today.

My nerves are kicking in about the acrobatics class... it's not just a completely new sport in a new place in a new group, it's also a major step in extending my comfort zone. I don't think I can do it with my wig on, so I brought a beanie/turban hat thingy to wear instead. I usually wear it only out in nature, or maybe possibly to the nearby grocery store if I go at the end of my walk, but this is a more public setting and a group activity and I'm getting nervous.

I really hope the people there are nice and the sport part is fun!
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Wednesday:

KittyInBoots17
    PW:229
    CW: 231.2

It was a long weekend here and really hot out. I overate and I am not gonna lie. Restarting for August.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Late lunch
    mzu7k1b1dxts.jpg
  • hipari
    Options
    Aerial acrobatics: I went in, I was a ball of nerves, and I definitely went into a dark place with my insecurities. It appears most of the other participants had some previous experience, all were normal weight, and most came with a friend. So, naturally my dark mind thought I’m the lonely fat bald girl who can’t do anything in a room full of skinny pretty *kitten* who giggle with their friends and can do everything without any struggle. Of course I also decided in my head they must think I’m a sad little freak.

I fought back and didn’t give in to my insecurities! I tried to consciously make an effort to chat with the other girls (they seemed nice enough), did my best with all the acrobatics stuff, and tried to think positive: out of everyone there, I’m likely to learn and improve the most! I managed to get on every piece of equipment, even though my ”get on” was in some cases less than an inch up from the mattress while the other girls climbed to the top of the rope and so on.

It also gave me a whole new layer of motivation! Since a lot of the sport is about lifting yourself up with your hands and arms, just as I suspected, having less weight to lift up would probably help a lot. I also need more grip strength in my hands, so I’m going to buy a grip handle thing for work so I can use it on my desk. Gym just got a new meaning too, since there’s something concrete to actually use that hard-gained strength in. My work doesn’t really require any muscle, so going to the gym and keeping up my strength has been more about abstract health and improving in those gym workouts, but there hasn’t really been anywhere to use that strength.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    @boehle those are adorable!

@hipari well done for pushing through your discomfort and trying something new. Looking forward to hearing about all your progress!

On the subject of TOM and cyclical things up until recently I've been one of those amazingly fortunate people who had periods so regular you could almost set a clock by them. Light, regular, no pms - for decades... and then I hit peri-menopause (on the early side of normal, I'm 46) and everything went to pieces! I am not loving this new normal.
This discussion has been closed.