Trimstones Team Chat - August 2020

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    That was means for the 11th. I still don't know how to edit me comments. Apologies haha

@QueenZeeIsm I put it down for the 11th, but I do still need your steps for the 7th...it's the only one missing for last week for you.
    Hope you feel better soon!!!
    Jessica
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Take care of yourself @Emmajhare. Glad the scratch sounds like it will heal quickly.
  • jenready
    Steps
    8/11 6,883
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    8/11 10,860
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    8/11 steps - 11,329
  • jessicakrall8
    simbersea wrote: »
    8/11 10,860

@simbersea missing 9th and 10th dear...are ya'll testing me to see if I'm paying attention or were you testing @mulecanter ...?? LOL
    Jessica
  • UCGRocks
    UCGRocks Posts: 223 Member
    This has been a really tough week for me...not just for returning from vacation, a tropical storm last week and no internet or cable for four days, but on Monday morning, my cousin Christy, was driving her roommate, Melissa (same company where I work) to work and was in a horrific car accident and trapped underneath an overweight semi carrying a full load of sand. She has been through two surgeries and may face another tomorrow. She has lost a portion of both of her legs and will have to walk on prosthetics for the rest of her life. Melissa lost one foot and ankle and also will have prosthetics. She also had two surgeries and might have a third tomorrow. Christy's ventilator was removed today and they're both in a LOT of pain.

If any of you are people of faith, I would appreciate your prayers for them and for my family as we deal with all of this. It's heart wrenching. Christy is only 33 and Melissa only 29. I know God has a plan for them because if you could see the wreckage, you'd burst into tears. It took three hours for the trauma team who came from the hospital, just to assist and keep them from bleeding out, to cut them from the car. They were sitting completely still and were hit by the semi after another truck hit him trying to pull out in front of him.

Anyway...I've had trouble just functioning this week...trying to work, update everyone and keep on top of their progress. I still can't fully process this, even as I explain it.

Thanks for listening.
    Jessica

I’m so sorry to hear this. Hugs
    In my prayers ...wishing them and you the courage and the strength to get through this.
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Arc130
    Steps
    Tuesday 8/11-11482
    Wednesday 8/12- 11072
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    edited August 2020
    @Jessicakrall8 I'm so sorry! I don't pray but my thoughts go out to you, your cousin, Christy, her friend Melissa and all your families.
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    @jessicakrall8 You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

I need to drop this group for the moment. I simply don't have the time right now to be active in 2 MFP groups with everything going on. I hope to rejoin in the future when things settle down for me. Best wishes to everyone!
  • Arc130 wrote: »
    No, no! Bravery awards are given to all who deserve it!
    mulecanter wrote: »
    Jen_967 wrote: »
    Jen_967
    Sunday weigh-in (Week 2)
    PW: 213.4
    CW: 216.
    LTD: -50lbs

This past week has been rough. All Ive been doing is snacking in the evening. BUt I'm moving forward and getting back on track.

I was to the neurologist Friday to get programmed after my brain surgery. I was ok'd to start exercise. The programming took my tremors away in my other hand.(which is great). But after i left the office, my balance was so bad that my whole body was leaning to the left. The whole weekend all I have been doing is going from my bed to the couch. I did email the dr today and they called back and want me in there tomorrow to lower the programming a little so my balance isnt so bad and I can function. So hopefully afterwards I can get back into my exercise routine. I'm really missing it.

Jen I may have to take @kmfeig87 's heroism award away and give it to you. MFP during brain surgery vs chemo is a hard call!! You have my undying admiration!!

No takey away. We just make more great awards!!!!
  • Arc130 wrote: »
    Hi @jessicakrall8 and @mulecanter !

I'm away on vacation this week and won't be able to weigh-in this coming Saturday. I'll weigh-in late when I get back home. I hope you have a great day!!

Ohhhh have lots of fun.
  • jessicakrall8
    @izzyred9400 So sorry for your loss...will be praying peace over your family as you begin to grieve. I can plug in zeros for the days you miss, or would you like me to drop you from the step team for this month. Just let me know. My thoughts are with you...Take care!
    Jessica
  • This has been a really tough week for me...not just for returning from vacation, a tropical storm last week and no internet or cable for four days, but on Monday morning, my cousin Christy, was driving her roommate, Melissa (same company where I work) to work and was in a horrific car accident and trapped underneath an overweight semi carrying a full load of sand. She has been through two surgeries and may face another tomorrow. She has lost a portion of both of her legs and will have to walk on prosthetics for the rest of her life. Melissa lost one foot and ankle and also will have prosthetics. She also had two surgeries and might have a third tomorrow. Christy's ventilator was removed today and they're both in a LOT of pain.

If any of you are people of faith, I would appreciate your prayers for them and for my family as we deal with all of this. It's heart wrenching. Christy is only 33 and Melissa only 29. I know God has a plan for them because if you could see the wreckage, you'd burst into tears. It took three hours for the trauma team who came from the hospital, just to assist and keep them from bleeding out, to cut them from the car. They were sitting completely still and were hit by the semi after another truck hit him trying to pull out in front of him.

Anyway...I've had trouble just functioning this week...trying to work, update everyone and keep on top of their progress. I still can't fully process this, even as I explain it.

Thanks for listening.
    Jessica

I will keep them in our prayers.
  • jenready
    Steps
    8/12 10,538
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,780 Member
    8/3-10,991
    8/4-10,522
    8/5-6,838
    8/6-16,779
    8/7-14,576
    8/8-18,449
    8/9-14,907
    8/10-13,542
    8/11-10,594
    8/12-5,468
  • angmarie28
    Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    PW-145.6
    CW-147.8

Went camping for my anniversary, so of course I gained 2lbs.

Good news, im down to working under 40 hours, only 3 days a week and on the 24th I will be back at my other job and back to being more active on here. Im so burnt out on my summer job, cant wait to be back at the school. Although this year will be interesting with Covid and all.
  • angmarie28
    This has been a really tough week for me...not just for returning from vacation, a tropical storm last week and no internet or cable for four days, but on Monday morning, my cousin Christy, was driving her roommate, Melissa (same company where I work) to work and was in a horrific car accident and trapped underneath an overweight semi carrying a full load of sand. She has been through two surgeries and may face another tomorrow. She has lost a portion of both of her legs and will have to walk on prosthetics for the rest of her life. Melissa lost one foot and ankle and also will have prosthetics. She also had two surgeries and might have a third tomorrow. Christy's ventilator was removed today and they're both in a LOT of pain.

Thanks for listening.
    Jessica

So sorry Jessica, what a horrible accident, so glad they both survived.
This discussion has been closed.