Trimstones Team Chat - August 2020

Options

Replies

• izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Jax_Grim wrote: »
    8/16 steps - 20083

Went for a relaxing walk....and almost stepped on a rattlesnake. Yeah, that kind of day.

Yikes,good step count though,was it faster steps walking away from the rattle snake.??
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Steps
    8/16 2,379
  • jenready
    Options
    I'm so sorry to read of the continued sadness and loss so many of us and our families are experiencing. My continued thoughts and prayers to you and your families.
  • mynacha73
    mynacha73 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    YES!! Most of my things have arrived in California (the movers lost a few boxes - sigh.) And I again have my scale. So after 3 weeks I can weigh in again:

Mynacha73
    Mondays
    PW (July 27) 188.9
    CW 182.5
    LTD 47.5
  • ShredWeek1
    ShredWeek1 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Sunday Weigh in: 146
    SW: 148
    PW: 146
    CW: 146

Weekly steps:

09: 10300
    10: 8957
    11: 10,070
    12: 12263
    13: 10167
    14: 6108
    15: 11,590

I seem to be at a plateau, so I'm upping my step count.:
  • izzyred9400
    Options
    My steps
    8/16 18842
    8/17 Nil
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Jax_Grim wrote: »
    8/16 steps - 20083

Went for a relaxing walk....and almost stepped on a rattlesnake. Yeah, that kind of day.

Yikes,good step count though,was it faster steps walking away from the rattle snake.??

The snake gets credit for a large side hop and about 5 or 6 steps after that. Some car was driving by when I did it. He did a U-turn to stop and ask me what was going on and if I was okay. It was a pretty big snake. He was probably 4-5 feet long.
  • izzyred9400
    Options
    My steps
    8/16 18842
    8/17 7192
    I edited this as went for a late walk.Luckily no snakes where I live !!
  • UCGRocks
    UCGRocks Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    The biggest challenge this week has been reading all your posts about all the bad things happening. I’ve been indulging sugar as a coping mechanism. This has to stop. I should do better from tonight... I’ve been terrified to open this page....even now I’m not scrolling up and reading...I’m scared that there might be more... I just hope this week brings happiness to you all...strength and peace to us all!
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    @izzyred9400 so sorry about your brother. Prayers to you and yours 🙏
  • jennifersusanmcdougall
    Options
    Sorry I forgot to post my weight I thought I did.
    Sw210
    LW 197.5
    Cw 196.5
    Ltd 23.5 lb
    Update my dad is having the infection drained more and then having surgery today to get his leg amputated just under the knee. So he will still be in the Ottawa hospital for 5 days then transfer to local hospital for another 5 days before going to a respite place.

@jennifersusanmcdougall I'm showing your PW as 187.5 and SW as 190. Please check and see if these nines should be 8s. Let me know.

Sorry about your Dad's infection...my cousin who was in the accident I posted about, had another surgery today and had to have the second leg taken to above the knee, so now both legs are amputated above the knee. My family is devastated but grateful she's alive. It's just a lot to take in...so I can imagine how you feel. My prayers are with ya'll...

Jessica

I'm sorry yes it is 187.5 and 186.5 lost one pound last week.lol. He may lose the other leg of he's not careful. They did find a cut with an infection on it already again a few days ago. He's already had one toe removed of his leg he still has earlier this year. I'm going next week to see him. He said he loved the fish at the hospital. I said "You know there is meals on wheels or myself or my sister could make it for him you don't have to go to the hospital for fish". I got a bit of a chuckle. He was still a bit groggy though.
  • jennifersusanmcdougall
    Options
    It's been a really tough week for me.My brother John who lives alone had not been answering calls or texts from family members.Which was worrying as he had cancer.Unfortunately no one had a key to his house so after calling at his house & no response to knocking,shouting etc.We had to call the police to gain entry.To our great sadness the police found him on the floor of his front room with an injury to his head.He had passed away & the sad thing is he was alone & we don't know how long he had been lying there.He was shielding because of covid.
    So eventhough I admit I drank a bottle of wine the night we found him.I could have comfort ate all week.I was dying for chocolate,cake etc but resisted it.I feel proud that my food was still logged & I stuck to my goals.

Your in our prayers 🙏 that is exactly how they found my aunt except it was a nurse who found her. She did survive barely they said given another hour she would have. She passed away a few months afterwards. That was hard my son still wants to go visit her when we go to my dad's. I can't imangine losing a sibling.
  • jennifersusanmcdougall
    Options
    mynacha73 wrote: »
    YES!! Most of my things have arrived in California (the movers lost a few boxes - sigh.) And I again have my scale. So after 3 weeks I can weigh in again:

Mynacha73
    Mondays
    PW (July 27) 188.9
    CW 182.5
    LTD 47.5

Nicely done
  • jennifersusanmcdougall
    Options
    My biggest hurdle this week has to be sleep. Man working with little sleep makes one crazy and snappy. I guess my mind just won't shut off. I need to to bed as soon as I'm tired instead of doing one last chore. Or not watch the tv loop. Good thing is now if I've reached my calorie goals for the day I grab water and gum. That way my mouth is working but not doing me harm lol. Or I do mending that way both hands are busy I'm slowing not having enough left to do. Well signing off at another late night.
  • izzyred9400
    Options
    simbersea wrote: »
    @izzyred9400 so sorry about your brother. Prayers to you and yours 🙏
    Thank you so much for your kind words & prayers
  • izzyred9400
    Options
    It's been a really tough week for me.My brother John who lives alone had not been answering calls or texts from family members.Which was worrying as he had cancer.Unfortunately no one had a key to his house so after calling at his house & no response to knocking,shouting etc.We had to call the police to gain entry.To our great sadness the police found him on the floor of his front room with an injury to his head.He had passed away & the sad thing is he was alone & we don't know how long he had been lying there.He was shielding because of covid.
    So eventhough I admit I drank a bottle of wine the night we found him.I could have comfort ate all week.I was dying for chocolate,cake etc but resisted it.I feel proud that my food was still logged & I stuck to my goals.

Your in our prayers 🙏 that is exactly how they found my aunt except it was a nurse who found her. She did survive barely they said given another hour she would have. She passed away a few months afterwards. That was hard my son still wants to go visit her when we go to my dad's. I can't imangine losing a sibling.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.I can't stop thinking about how long he was lying there my poor brother! I am sorry about your Dad & Aunt.Wishing him a speedy recovery.I come from a large family,we were 8 siblings and now sadly only 7 .
  • jenready
    Options
    Happy Belated Birthday @mulecanter!
  • jenready
    Options
    Steps
    8/17 10,041
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    8/17 steps - 13858

I've started adding more running to my routine. I'm running at least half a mile of my usual 3 mile walk. I'm lifting weights 3x a week now as well and adding in some other strength training. I'm closing in on that 100 lbs lost mark. I've never been at this weight in my adulthood. Its weird seeing some of the changes in definition.
This discussion has been closed.