Trimstones Team Chat - August 2020

Options
Beka3695
Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
a0pnfbmpmq83.jpg

Here is your Team chat room for July 2020. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020

Our Team Captains:

Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @1theresamcvean and @cafelelia
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @mari_moulin

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare and @angmarie28
Weight No More - @GingerPwr
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari
Downsizers - @Marigorringo and @Megan_smartiepants1970

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. The total will be by month, and cumulative - so you can really rack them up and get to your goal even if you never hit the top of the leader board.

In an effort to recognize accomplishments, we are using an optional addition to the weigh in format called LOSS TO DATE or LTD. Please just leave this new line off if you do not want to participate. Here is the new format:

Username
Weigh In Day
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):
LTD (Loss to Date):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the elite Goal Zone! After hitting your goal, you need support to stay there, and you can help your teammates join you. You must continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,107 Member
    Options
    elh25yicgaud.jpg

WELCOME TO TRIMSTONES to all our newbies for August! This is our August Chatroom, so please add it to your favorites by clicking the little heart at the top of the page just under the Fat2Fit logo.

Our new or returning team members are:

@alanpeisakoff
    @ljbw12
    @QueenZeeIsm
    @ac204 (WELCOME BACK!!)
    @marysia2609
    @izzyred9400 (WELCOME BACK!) Are you new to our team, Izzy?

We're glad you found us!! I'm Jessica, one of your two Captains in TrimStones. Our other Captain is@mulecanterand we're happy to add you to the family. We also have two Motivators on our team,@angmarie28and@Emmajhareand they'll be popping in on occasion to cheer you on and offer additional challenges.

No matter if your journey is just starting, you're halfway to the finish line or only a few pounds away from your goal, it STILL takes the same level of support. We hope you will find that here. We have approximately 25 members of all ages and backgrounds. Some of us are chatty...others report in just once a week because they're incredibly busy, but all of us care. We're here to share stories, advise, recipes, pictures of our favorite walking trails, outdoor hikes and our fur babies. We'll also kick you in the proverbial butt on occasion if you need it! LOL

So, pull up a virtual chair, introduce yourselves and let us know how we can better support you. If you're a Fitbit or Garmin junkie, perhaps you'd like to join our Step Team. Send me a private message or reply back in this (or the Aug) chatroom and let me know you'd like to be a walker. Include a daily step goal you'd like to shoot for each day and I'll add you to the chart. The same chart where we track our monthly weigh ins, contains the step chart, directly underneath the weight chart, so just scroll down and you'll find it.

Please post your weigh ins in the following format on your specific weekday:

JessicaKrall8 (that's me!)
    Wednesday Weigh-in (that's my day)
    PW: 123 (previous weight...don't I wish)
    CW: 122 (current weight...again, don't I wish)
    LTD: 20 lbs (loss to date...this allows us to celebrate your landmark losses)

Again, welcome and I'm looking forward to getting to know you in the coming weeks and months. Take care!

Jessica:smile:
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica,
    I am a new member of the team.Looking forward to the challenge ahead.Let's do this !
  • UCGRocks
    UCGRocks Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new members. This is a great group to be a part of for support and accountability.
  • UCGRocks
    UCGRocks Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Fri weigh in
    CW: 140
    PW: 141.8
    Lsf: 9
    Steps:
    7-24 6396
    7-25 6817
    7-26 7843
    7-27 6664
    7-28 8738
    7-29 9114
    7-30 3859
  • Emmajhare
    Emmajhare Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all our newbies. Great to have you here! I'm one of the team motivators so shout of you need any pushing in the right direction and there is anything I can do to assist. Feel free to add me as a friend too if its helpful to you.
  • izzyred9400
    Options
    Thanks Emmajhare,
    I am sure I will need help & occasional kick in the right direction.🤣
  • izzyred9400
    Options
    Saturday
    P.W 143
    C.W 142
    L.T.D 8
  • marysia2609
    marysia2609 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Maria, it's good to be here :smile: I'm only just getting started so here are my numbers:

Saturday
    CW: 147
    PW (how recent is previous weight supposed to be?)
    LTD: 3
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Happy August.

7/31 steps - 22511
  • Emmajhare
    Emmajhare Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Maria, it's good to be here :smile: I'm only just getting started so here are my numbers:

Saturday

Hi Maria, the previous weight is from your previous week's weigh-in. Or if you've just started with us it should be the weight you registered as a starting weight.
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our new and returning members 😄

7/31 14,371

Jessica- can I go for 9k steps this month? I can get more if I play golf, but I only get to play a couple times a week, so I’ll keep the number at a reasonable one for the other days.
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Saturday
    P.W 143
    C.W 142
    L.T.D 8

Hey @izzyred9400 Great losses so far as your start weight was 145 so you've got a great start!!

FYI to everyone...because of how the days of August fell, the first day for us will be Sunday, Aug 2nd, as we always begin the month on a Sunday. So for any of you, like Izzy who weigh on Saturdays, your first "official" weigh in will be on Sat., Aug 8th. Take it upon yourself to start the month strong and like Izzy, you'll be off to an AWESOME start!!

Jessica :smiley:
  • jessicakrall8
    Options

Saturday

Great question @marysia2609 !! For you, since you're just getting started, it would be what you reported in registration as your "start weight"...anyone who's carrying over with us from last month, it would be the weight they reported on last week's weigh in.

See my note on Izzy's posting above...because of how the days of the month fall, Aug begins Sunday the 2nd...so your first weigh in will be on the 8th. We always start our months on Sundays...so week one is Aug 2nd - Aug 8th.

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    edited August 2020
    Options
    rjtfufle2cfz.png

STEP TEAM SIGN-UPS NOW OPEN FOR AUGUST!!!

It's become a tradition now, that the last person to sign up on the step team for the month, wears the label of "Naked Walker" in the chart...now what you do with that is up to you...we won't judge you...but it's kinda your fault for procrastinating on signing up. No sympathy for dilly dallying!! You could sell tickets, walk naked and make a little side money...get arrested for indecent exposure...just sayin...

Sooooooo, long story short, just stop putting it off...sign up, set a daily step limit and get that butt movin!

So, who's my naked walker for the month?!!

cj50o724pgtt.jpg

Jessica :blush:
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    5v5uyeuqvlkz.jpg

One more quick welcome to @veryhotmails who is new to our team...glad you're here with us!!!

I'm Jessica, one of two captains, the other being @mulecanter. We also have two wonderful Motivators, @angmarie28 and @Emmajhare who will be challenging you and cheering you on for the month!

Take a moment, introduce yourself and let us know what we can do to help you in your journey!! Good luck in August!!!

Take care,
    Jessica :smile:
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Click Link for August Tracker HABIT TRACKER

eitin87s3btf.png
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Arc130
    Saturday 8/1 weigh-in
    PW: 191
    CW: 192.6
    LTD: 25.9

Steps
    Wednesday 7/29- 10654
    Thursday 7/30- 9610
    Friday 7/31- 8249

• jessicakrall8
    Options
    Just spoke to my brother on the phone to wish him a happy birthday. We spoke a few days ago and he asked me for an old recipe of our Mom's and I've been searching this house over looking for that recipe.

Our Mom was an amazing cook and especially so with baking from scratch. Let's just say, I do not have her gift. She loved it...the kitchen was where she was in her element. She made it look easy...preparing elaborate meals, sometimes with two main courses, several sides and always desserts, usually made from scratch. I can cook a few of her creations, but not many and it's rare that I do any of them.

Today's discussion surrounded "Ann's Prune Cake"...now it sounds horrible, but anyone who bakes knows that prunes, like applesauce, can be used for moisture in baking. This is one of the richest cakes I've ever eaten and I'm not a sweets person. It was one of my favorites as the great thing about it is the moistness of it and it's not covered up by a whole bunch of frosting, as it has a clear glaze sauce over it...it's just amazing.

Long story short, I found mom's old recipe box in my kitchen (duh, I know--why didn't I start there, instead of searching through boxes). The card itself is covered in stains where it was used for many years. Now, I can't stop crying about that little green and white kitchen where I grew up watching her in her joy...she used to sing while she baked. Gosh I miss her.

Mom died 9 years ago, Jul 1st, 2011. She was 81.

I celebrated today by sharing that recipe with my brother (who's 14.5 years older than me) and posting the recipe on my Recipe Group. She'd like that I did that. I hope somebody makes her cake.

Hope ya'll are having a nice weekend. If anyone would like that recipe and you promise not to let it derail your diet, drop me an email (jakrall@cox.net) and I'll get it to you.
    Jessica
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 12500 steps this time. I need to step it up this month. I want to drop 10lbs this time.
  • izzyred9400
    Options
    Steps 8/1
This discussion has been closed.