Trimstones Team Chat - August 2020

Options

Replies

• UCGRocks
    UCGRocks Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I’m not much of a cook. So a substitute idea for a sweet tooth: I keep my fridge stocked with those tiny raisin boxes. I eat one raisin at a time and finish half a tiny box - that’s about 50 cals. Satisfies my sweet cravings while keeping cals/fat in check.
    +1 for low calorie whole wheat tortillas. Easy to warm up on the skillet. I used one as a pizza base, dabbed on store bought salsa, added some grilled veggies and fresh arugula and baked in the over for 8 mins. Wasn’t bad!
  • Emmajhare
    Emmajhare Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Looks like low carb tortillas are definitely next on the menu then @angmarie @Jax_Grim @UCGRocks!

@jessicakrall8 I must confess I'm a huge fan of seeded and granary breads, which are never low calorie, so I can't help you there! I just try to eat bread as a less frequent treat these days instead.

@shredweek1 - I love overnight oats. I also made your potato recipe last night for dinner and they worked fine in the oven. The nutritional yeast really does work as a tasty, crispy coating. They were a huge hit with my (non-vegetarian) husband too. Thank you!

l3jhfzqnd3h0.jpg
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    8/4 steps - 14646
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    8/2 6,027
    8/3 12,144
    8/4 5,893
  • simbersea
    Options
    So this was birthday week for us. I turned 55 (!!) on the second. Friends had us over for lasagna and stuffed cupcakes. Then yesterday was my husbands birthday- out with friends for pizza, beer and homemade whiskey cake.

We had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed our birthdays.

This weeks weigh in is gonna be ugly 😢
  • simbersea
    Options
    Jax_Grim wrote: »

The Ole Xtreme Wellness tortillas are really good too.

Second recommendation for these tortillas. They are low cal, high fiber and delicious. The only downside is that they are a bit pricey. But when they go on sale, I pick up a lot of them. They freeze beautifully. Perfect for wraps or chicken burritos.
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Happy belated birthday @simbersea!
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Steps
    8/4 4,718
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,107 Member
    Options
    ul8dbd2fklkv.jpeg

Happy Belated Birthday @simbersea !!! Glad you had a nice one...you're only a few months older than me...I'll be 55 in February!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Well this hurricane adventure was interesting...it came through on Monday around midnight with LOTS of tornadoes (and warning alarms), so I was up all night, sitting in my closet (only room without windows) and my cat all freaked out. Only lost power for about an hour at 630am Tuesday. Lots of limbs down, yard looks like a war zone. THEN six hours AFTER the storm passed through, I lost power in this heat (somebody ran into a light pole and took out the whole neighborhood). Needless to say, my 2nd sleepless night was worse...couldn't breathe, it was awful...even my cat was miserable. The first night she laid right at my feet...last night in the heat, we were both drinking water like it was going out of style and she finally came to lie down next to me and I was able to fan both of us with a piece of cardboard and she started purring again. This morning when the AC and fan came back on at 430 am, we both stretched out and went to sleep...

All of this and I'm actually on vacation this week. Only I would schedule a vacation during a Hurricane. SMH :D
    Jessica
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,788 Member
    Options
    Well this hurricane adventure was interesting...it came through on Monday around midnight with LOTS of tornadoes (and warning alarms), so I was up all night, sitting in my closet (only room without windows) and my cat all freaked out. Only lost power for about an hour at 630am Tuesday. Lots of limbs down, yard looks like a war zone. THEN six hours AFTER the storm passed through, I lost power in this heat (somebody ran into a light pole and took out the whole neighborhood). Needless to say, my 2nd sleepless night was worse...couldn't breathe, it was awful...even my cat was miserable. The first night she laid right at my feet...last night in the heat, we were both drinking water like it was going out of style and she finally came to lie down next to me and I was able to fan both of us with a piece of cardboard and she started purring again. This morning when the AC and fan came back on at 430 am, we both stretched out and went to sleep...

All of this and I'm actually on vacation this week. Only I would schedule a vacation during a Hurricane. SMH :D
    Jessica

Glad you made it through the hurricane fine. No power in the heat is miserable. Enjoy your vacay!
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @UCGRocks I need your steps for Jul 31 and Aug 1 please.
    @RaeWats I need your steps for Jul 31 and Aug 1 please.
    @ShredWeek1 I need your steps for Aug 1 please.

Once I get these, I can post July's weekly and overall Top three winners.
    Thanks,
    Jessica
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Things have gotten a little stagnant over the past few days, so I decided to try to start adding some running into my usual walk. I was a little concerned about how well my ankle would hold up. Ive had some issues in the past and it has just recently started feeling normal.

I put in 3 miles mixing walking and running for the first 2. I averaged 15'35" for the first mile and knocked it down to 14'58" on my second. My ankle held up, so hopefully I can start improving these numbers.
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    JessicaKrall8
    Wednesday Weigh-in (forgot to post it!!)
    PW: 322.7
    CW: 322.5
    LTD: 57.5 lbs
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    ul8dbd2fklkv.jpeg

Happy Belated Birthday @simbersea !!! Glad you had a nice one...you're only a few months older than me...I'll be 55 in February!
    Jessica

Hope you had a great birthday🥳
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    My steps so far,
    8/3 15,658
    8/4 11,164
    8/5 14,209

• Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Arc130
    Steps
    Saturday 8/1- 8530
    Sunday 8/2- 8125
    Monday 8/3- 10353
    Tuesday 8/4- 9111

• Arc130
    Options

Jessica

@jessicakrall8
    Hi Jess! I was busy over the weekend and Monday. On Tuesday I said I'd get it together, but before I was able to do anything the power and cell service were both lost due to the tropical storm. We also had tornado warnings. The wind was really awful as well. A couple of trees fell down on my sister's property, one quite close to the house. The whole neighborhood is a mess with downed trees and lines. Today we packed up a lot of stuff from the freezer and fridge, and went to a friend's place. We're pretty sure it will be a while before we get power back.

Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful vacation!
  • Arc130
    Options
    simbersea wrote: »
    Jax_Grim wrote: »

The Ole Xtreme Wellness tortillas are really good too.

Second recommendation for these tortillas. They are low cal, high fiber and delicious. The only downside is that they are a bit pricey. But when they go on sale, I pick up a lot of them. They freeze beautifully. Perfect for wraps or chicken burritos.

@Jax_Grim @simbersea
    I need to find these tortillas!

@simbersea
    Happy Belated Birthday!!
This discussion has been closed.