WaistAways Team Chat - August 2020

Replies

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    CW: 174.6

Our game updated (FF XIV) so that's what I'm doing today lol. Sorry if I'm distracted for a couple days.
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 277 Member
    @jugar thank you. I’ve been doing IF during the week. I alternate between 13:11 and 16:8 depending on what my day looks like. It has been good. However this is my first long term fast. I told my husband not to be offended by anything I say while Hangry. 😬 And to cut me a little slack.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    matthewsfive
    Saturday

PW 165
    CW 165.6
    Hitting that wall and can't get through, hope for a better week.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Ugh. I made some bad, bad food choices yesterday. Today, I moved on and have been making better choices so far(it's only 1 here so...). I just finished my workout and kicked my butt. It shouldn't have, but I think yesterday's junk zapped my strength.

@micki48 Great loss!!!

@gidegetgoescrazy Yeah for the 👖 fitting!

@jugar and @evelynladams527 I hope youbhad fun celebrating your moms birthday!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Weekends are so hard for me. I spend so much time in the kitchen and there are so many treats. Once I let go, eat that first chocolate, I cannot stop :(
    I should know better, as I do this every week but somehow I keep repeating this pattern. 2 weekend days of eating everything in sight & no logging and then 5 good days. It's so frustrating because I know how bad this is but I still do it :#
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Hello Fresh attempt 1 was an unmitigated disaster. :lol:

For starters, they didn't give us the potatoes. Luckily I had a few in the fridge, but then halfway through their recommended cooking time we realized they were burning! So we munched on their crispy remains while making the fish and green beans. Which were just OK. Not awful, not special. They wanted us to grate garlic which didn't work so I used the stuff I keep in the fridge.

All in all, it was way too much work for meh results. The mayo dill dip was mwah! Delicious though. I'll make that again, just with low fat sour cream and mayo.

Anyways. I did get some ideas for the future so it wasn't a total loss, but definitely not worth money.

wlyjx3t5hkup.jpg
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    Holy moly! The food photos! I cooked a lot today too, but nothing like you did, @lovethyneighbor - WOW. I want the okra and greens.

Our video party got off to a rocky start, but it was good finally ! Thanks to my son the tech whiz who managed to help my mom get connected - it is very weird celebrating from far away, but I'm so glad it worked. Now I just have to work off the cake!

There are still a few weigh-ins missing!!!!!

You know who you are :grimace: so get them in please!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    micki48 wrote: »
    The more I read, the more I am convinced that “dieting” does not work. There is no end to this new way of handling food for me. I’ve read some interesting stuff on intuitive eating too. Then, in my Pilates group, the woman who runs it recommended the book, The Telemere Effect. It sounded interesting, so I ordered it. It’s about an enzyme that is connected to health and aging and how that effects weight.

I know I keep writing these long posts, but I’m trying to work this whole thing out. Hope it’s not boring you. 🙂😘
    You certainly do not bore us! Figuring it all out is what we are here to do, and it is an ever-evolving process. After you read that book, let us know what it is about - sounds interesting. Dieting per se certainly does not work as a long term solution, and often not even as a quick fix. It's a balancing act and we are each our own experiment. I love your attitude about that, even though sometimes it gets frustrating. You might feel like you have not been making progress, but you have also not been bouncing back to where you were for so long. It's working! Keep going :heart:
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    Hello everyone!

It has been very busy lately! I went for my usual walk this morning and this afternoon we went to the mountain and biked for 2 hours. My watch said I burned almost 1,000 calories between the two...
    Not sure that's right. I made a plan for all my continuing ed and got it in my planner. Feeling better about that. I'm feeling a little stressed out about having extra work responsibilities because I worked really hard to reduce them to focus on weight loss. Don't want to lose focus by adding some of these things back in. I haven't logged the past two days but I don't think I have been off track. I might need to just maintain for a while while things are crazy. I have had very good luck maintaining without logging in the past. I would love to lose without logging! I practiced for 3 solid months and couldn't get it. It is one of my goals but I am not sure I'm ready yet.

@micki48 I am happy to be in the slow weight loss club with you. It doesn't feel very glamorous but could you imagine if we woke up tomorrow at our start weight 😬 Happy to be where we are!

@Terytha It looks great! Sorry it didn't live up to the hype. I hate when that happens. Maybe some of the other meals will be better. 🤞

@lovethyneighbor Wow! Lots of cooking for sure👍 Good luck on the weekend fast.

@jugar Glad you all made it to the party! Sounds like a memorable 90th birthday for sure!

@Cerizez Oh that sounds terrible. Sorry you have to go through that and I hope you get to the bottom of the sneaky ingredient.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,052 Member
    Steps and exercise update:

14th August
    Steps - 2484
    Exercise - 33 mins TABATA

15th August
    Steps - 3420
    Exercise - 40 mins HIIT (with weights)

I'm going to try to add some walking exercises too this coming week to get my steps up.

Enjoy your Sundays, Friends! :)
  • tobeme3
    tobeme3 Posts: 22 Member
    edited August 2020
    Good to see some progress pics! And so true about the body composition changes. Good not to take those for granted. @YinxFed

Here are my steps for the week. I didn't forget about my goal. But may have been a little too ambitious. Injured my foot Monday, as previously mentioned and walking was painful for few days. So a little set back there. Still felt a tad something yesterday. I feel so vulnerable being at this weight,level of fitness, and with Covid changes. I miss my previous state. Boohoo. But I know I can get there again and will. Alright so my steps for the week.

08/15 3966 Steps
    08/14 3013 Steps
    08/13 363
    08/12 2136
    08/11 5837
    08/10 4984
    08/09 1654

08/10 50 jumping jacks, 30 min yoga, 30 min upper body strength (5 lb weights)
    08/15 4.78 Km biking 25 min cycling - good pace, not vigorous, running errand
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,052 Member
    @tobeme3 So sorry to hear about your foot. Walking in pain sucks! It's a wonder that you managed those steps - well done you!

Perhaps you can try some gentle indoor walking workouts? That's what I'm going to be doing to supplement my workouts this week (Heather Robertson is great, but I am fit for almost nothing after doing a 30-40 minute session!)

You certainly have a varied workout routine - I like to switch my workouts up too.

Hope you're having a great day! :)
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    d7bwu0j6ka70.jpg
    btwrjzs0guz8.png
    89m8x7w1xggk.png
    z8fneq7w8gqt.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Trimstones 0.50%
    2nd Mission SLimpossibles 0.47%
    3rd Shrinking Assets 0.42%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 26.2 Lbs
    2nd Trimstones 23.8 Lbs
    3rd Shrinking Assets 23.6 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @schlerin 2.87 %
    2nd @eggfreak 2.68%
    3rd @vegan4lyfe2012 2.50%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @schlerin 6.0 Lbs
    2nd @vegan4lyfe2012 4.8 Lbs
    2nd @draby2011 4.8 Lbs
    2nd @slgibbs1987 4.8 Lbs
    3rd @Tracey0088 4.6 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Emmajhare
    @mulecanter
    @carriestrine
    @apple852hk
    @peachplace
    @Beka3695
    @podperson1
    @kirsten11872
    @nstephenson01

ku1faqpkwkvx.png

• KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    I have derailed my eating for two days now.🙈 Today, I am making a meal plan for the weeks and getting my food prepped. I started my day by walking with the baby for an hour. I was home before 8am and it was already so hot. I can't wait for cooler weather.
This discussion has been closed.