WaistAways Team Chat - August 2020

Options

Replies

• Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Well Happy Wednesday !
    Steps for 8/18 = 11,802 & 30 min yoga - Earned my $3.00 !

Everyone is so quiet..

Today isn't starting off as well, I was only able to get a 30 minute video done, one of the pups had an accident, so I was busy cleaning that up... :neutral: And It was only supposed to rain overnight, so I was counting on getting in 2 walks this morning once I got to work, well that isn't going to happen ! :( So I have to make a real effort to get up and walk every single chance I get... Yesterday was nice, when I got finished with dinner, I only need one more 500 step part, and 750 steps to finish, so I took the dogs for a walk and bam I was done at 6pm...

We ( hubby, friends and I) are skipping work on Friday to go tubing, so it will be tough getting the steps in, but I will make it happen, even if I have to walk down the river, lol... I'm excited, weather is supposed to be good too.. I just have to work out my snacks..

Have a wonderful day !
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,082 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday indeed!

@deniners2
    No problem to put you on hold this week - I hope you are able to find the secret formula that helps you feel wonderful!

My life is super boring today, but I'll try to get a good sweat on at some point! Bills to pay, containers to fill. So in the interests of entertainment, I declare this to be Wondering Wednesday!

Sit for a minute (or stand, or walk around) and, with your health, food, and fitness kinds of things in mind, say in your head "I wonder..." and just keep doing that until you wonder something. What comes to mind? Me? I wonder what you're all thinking :wink:
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Terytha wrote: »
    Husband bought milk based on color rather than number. While the yellow label for Lucerne is 1%, the yellow label for Dairyland is whole! :lol:

So dinner was higher calorie than expected, but actually not as bad as I thought it would be. Not sure what to do with the rest of the jug though. I'm not drinking it, whole milk is gross.

After years of drinking skim my husband has decided we need to have 2% now and I’m not about to buy separate milks. So, I’m right there with you. It’s a little higher in calories (and fat). You could always use your whole in your coffee in place of creamer if you use it.

Yuck. 1% is about all I can stand. But you're right about the coffee, with that small amount it makes hardly any difference. So I'll just do that until it goes bad or runs out.

On Saturday I'm finally doing the thing I have been wanting to do but been too scared for half a year now.

I'm pulling my swords out of the closet and going back to (outdoors, socially distanced) martial arts training.

I don't remember anything. Starting at level 0 is a bit hard on my pride. But I love my swords, and I love the meditative act of using them.

Plus husband and I haven't sparred in forever. I can't get that close to anyone else, but he and I can beat up on each other for a bit. XD
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,082 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    On Saturday I'm finally doing the thing I have been wanting to do but been too scared for half a year now.

I'm pulling my swords out of the closet and going back to (outdoors, socially distanced) martial arts training.

I don't remember anything. Starting at level 0 is a bit hard on my pride. But I love my swords, and I love the meditative act of using them.

Plus husband and I haven't sparred in forever. I can't get that close to anyone else, but he and I can beat up on each other for a bit. XD

This is fantastic! Every team needs a swordswoman. Starting at zero is so good for you - and it won't take nearly as long to get back to where you were as it did the first time. You'll also have a deeper base when you get there - it is never the same each time you begin again. I know that sounds terribly Yoda-like, but it is true! Love all the moves.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    x8i1reh2ud8n.jpeg
    Breakfast this morning. Looks like a lot. But it’s just 2 eggs, 1/4 avocado, 1 T shredded cheese, pico de gallo, 1/2 12 Grain bread, 1/2 t butter (maybe) and raspberries.

I’m wondering when life will feel “normal” to me again.

Way to go on earning your $3 @Gidgitgoescrazy. Sword ⚔️ sparring with your husband sounds fun @Terytha. Sometimes I’d like to do that. 😂 @jugar some times boring is good. Bills, not so fun.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    My vision of you and your husband taking to swordplay @Terytha will remain singed to my imagination for quite some time - sounds like it will be a lot of fun! I'm far too much of a baby (and dreadfully accident-prone) to seriously consider anything so "dangerous!".

Wondering Wednesday sounds so much more genteel than Hump Day, so I will be adopting that from now on - thank you @jugar !

And here's my Wondering Wednesday step and exercise update:

16th August
    Steps - 2883
    Exercise - 0 mins (rest day)

17th August
    Steps - 3312
    Exercise - 37 mins HIIT Cardio & Abs workout

18th August
    Steps - 3587
    Exercise - 34 mins Full Body strength & cardio workout (with weights)

Happy Wednesday, Friends!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    It's Wednesday!

Ohhhh😡 I'm up 4.2lbs and I am so frustrated. I'm trying but I know I had some off days. It has been stressful but things are getting better. Tomorrow is my weight in day and it will definitely be for the worse. Maybe my good work from the past few days will catch up with me. I get my new freezer today! Mine died in January and I put off getting one. Then with covid there were no freezers.

@teryth you can make buttermilk out of regular milk by adding vinegar. There are lots of recipes out there for buttermilk brined chicken. You get really tender chicken and bye bye a bunch of milk.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    1oghng4oyhq2.png
    AUGUST STEP CHALLENGE - WEEK 2

TOTAL STEPS: 445,720
    STEP STARS
    fb7uw8v2n2gz.png

1st - @jugar 81,130
    2nd - @KellyBgetsfit 76,172
    3rd - @eggfreak 73,582

GREAT STEPPING EVERYONE!!!
    se60i1p1uf0c.png
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Wondering Wednesday. I'm wondering when I'm going to remember when it's weigh-in Wednesday! I need a pass this week. I'll be back for next week.
    @Terytha it's super easy to make yogurt with the extra milk. since lower fat usually makes for wimpy, watery yogurt, I think you'd find the whole fat will be just about "normal". Too bad you're not local - I'd collect it from you and use my new Instant Pot and go yogurt crazy. I'll do that any way, but not tonight.
    I'm seriously noticing the earlier sun-down feel this week. Good grief! It never takes long when it starts to go, does it? Wild times.
    The Saturday night party for Mom and Paul went well in spite of some wee issues. @jugar did a huge amount of the organizing - no wonder you're tired! I'm tired just from seeing all you've done. Doffing my cap in your direction, dahling! Get some sleep.
    I'll do the same!
    More walking tomorrow. I have a distant-walk-with-my-friend, Jennifer tomorrow. Just think - a year ago July, we were singing during a great in-person visit, @jugar.
    Ah, well. No singing in the group this fall. Maybe once there's a vaccine in the offing...so, lentils and rice tonight with some sort of salad. I'll try to get a picture to post. Have a great night, everyone!
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    So the massage and chiropractic adjustments have been great and helped a lot. I still have some pain and stiffness but nothing like it was so I'm happy with that. My friend and I took a nice long walk today after work and it felt great. Eating has been pretty good, I have been a little more snacky but not out of control.

Thank you @jugar for the positive encouragement 😁
  • conleywoods
    Options
    Today was a busy day. I did a 1 hour ballet workout and got in a 25 minute walk. Did a shorter walk with my doggie. He got nuetured on Friday and he has been bouncing off the walls. Not doing great with down time! The vet said he could go on a short walk today. Good timing. He was zooming around the house and hit something so hard he cracked his cone. It's duck taped together and I don't think that cone will make it 10 to 14 days.

Food was good and within the calorie budget. I just feel like I am huge today. I'm sure this happens to everyone from time to time. I know it's in my head. I also caught up my continuing ed log today and that felt nice to get that done.

@jugar Sounds like you definitely need to switch freezers! Mine made it here and then inspired my husband to do a big garage clean out. It looks great!
  • theweeonemfp
    theweeonemfp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've spent yesterday and today meal prepping for the next 10 days, 20 meals and I made 4 portions of soup.

I've accepted that I don't restrict myself enough when I wing my diet and it actually has to be planned, surprise surprise eh?
    So I bought some tubs off of amazon and prepped last night and this morning. Meals ranging 350-500 calories.

I'm back down to 191.5 after the slight birthday gain which I went up to 194.

I'm feeling better that I've actually planned out my meals and that I have food readily available - this is how I lost 40lb the first time around! I just thought I could do it on my own, evidently not 😂
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar
    PW 145.5
    CW 146
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Options
    Steps for 8/19 = 10,302

Well after my rough start I was able to meet my goal, even picked up the weights for some quick arm stuff.. Took me till 8pm to finish , but I did it...

So dinner last night was a fail, well kinda the chicken and zuccini was really good.. The couscous along with the pot I cooked it in, had to be thrown away, whew doggy did I burn it.. and I hated that pot anyway, it was a cheapy one that I had.. so yeah it was the pots fault that it was burnt...

Anyway, today is starting off as a good day not even 8 am and I have 5k steps... going for 2 walks this morning, it's a beautiful day, I love when it's nice and cool in the morning...

Have a great day !

• conleywoods
    Options
    PW: 215.0
    CW: 218.6

😟 Oh boy, this looks terrible but it's actually an improvement. Stress is not good for weight loss! What I'm doing is starting to work so all I can do is keep going and try to calm down.

@theweeonemfp Great job on the meal prep! I see meal planning in my future with work starting up in September.

@Gidgitgoescrazy Nice work on your step challenge! Sounds like it takes a lot of awareness to meet all of the criteria each day. Good for you.

@jguldi11 Glad you are starting to feel better. Hope it keeps going and you feel back to normal.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Options
    Just curious do any of you put salt on certain fruits ?

I just got the weirdest looks when I put a little flaked salt on my apple slices... Then we had a conversation and no one in my office ( granted there are only 4 of us) has ever heard of doing that...
    I also put it on canteloupe, honey dew,(and pepper on those 2) and watermelon... It brings out the sweetness..
This discussion has been closed.