WaistAways Team Chat - August 2020

Options

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My day was fine yesterday. Took the day off from logging everything. I often give myself one day. Should get more steps in today. Going to a protest to fight for our US Postal Service.

@conleywoods Back at you! I ❤️ having you in the slow weight loss club too!!😘 You are so right. Don’t want to wake up where we were. Kudos on your amazing exercise. Sounds pretty.

@YinxFed You can definitely see the difference. You look so much more toned. You are right. That scale does not tell the whole story. Keep at it. Don’t be discouraged. We are right here for you. I don’t think anyone really cares that much about our ranking. We are just glad you are here.

@lovethyneighbor Wow, wowie!! That food looks amazing. I’m coming to your house. 🙂

@jugar Glad the party went well.

@Terytha Sorry the meal was disappointing. It does look good.

Thanks for those steps so far. Keep posting them. I’ll record them later. I need to get myself moving.

Have an amazing day!
  • BaileyCat88
    BaileyCat88 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Steps for the Week @micki48

Sun- 12430
    Mon- 4099
    Tues- 11270
    Wed- 7691
    Th- 10104
    Fri- 9144
    Sat- 6287
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember slow and steady wins the race! B)

rt073tejsdnv.png
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Steps for the week

8/9- 10,266
    8/10-9,260
    8/11-5,623
    8/12-6,214
    8/13-11,113
    8/14-6,539
    8/15-11,706
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    @jugar
    PW 242.5 lbs
    CW 242.2 lbs
    LTD 26.8 lbs

I just keep inching down lol. I did notice I've been in the green for the past 4 weeks, even if by tiny bits. So I'm pretty happy about that! Currently not so sure I'll be to 239 lbs by the end of the month but I will at least be closer!

@micki48
    Steps for the week:
    4e5w0hia2bcd.png

I managed to at least meet my weekly goal of 35,000. This neck/shoulder pain is a real bummer. Tomorrow is my appointment with the chiropractor and massage. I really REALLY hope I feel better after.

I have more veggies to put up this week, thinking basil pesto, dill pickles and maybe stewed tomatoes.
  • micki48
    Options
    Still needs steps from:

@evangsimmons170 week
    @theweeonemfp week
    @eggfreak
    @Gidgitgoescrazy 8/10, 14, 15
    @evelynladams527 8/10, 12, 13, 14,15
    @ells_runs pretty sure she went to support.
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Another 20 hour fast in the books! Today was much better and I had tons of energy.
    Helped hubby redo the landscaping (we do 8 foot sections in the early mornings when we don’t have baseball. ) Shoveling out rubber mulch, Shoveling in dirt, digging up monkey grass, separating monkey grass, replanting, putting down landscape fabric, and covering with rubber mulch.
    As soon as we finished, mom called and went went for a 2.2 mile hilly walk at the park. Then to the grocery store and sitting down to eat for the first time since supper last night.
    Staying busy definitely helped with today’s day and I don’t think about food until it was time to eat supper.
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    @micki48 your plate looks so yummy! I am a foodie and love to see pictures. Absolutely love the avocado toast too!!! 🤤🤤🤤🤤
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    8/10 = 8005
    8/14 = 5799
    8/15 = 3122
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    Ugh, I'm still stuck in junk-land. Struggling to climb out...
    Tomorrow is another day, gotta stop the 'this week is already ruined' mentality.

Weeks are arbitrary. Whether today is Sunday or Thursday, always consider it the last day of the week. Then, so what if the week is ruined? Its over and tomorrow is the start of a new one.
  • micki48
    Options
    @micki48 your plate looks so yummy! I am a foodie and love to see pictures. Absolutely love the avocado toast too!!! 🤤🤤🤤🤤

Thanks! I loved seeing all the yummy foods you posted too. 🙂 Your IF was impressive especially with how busy you were.
    Tomorrow is another day, gotta stop the 'this week is already ruined' mentality.

Exactly! We will always have bumps. You can’t let it make you feel bad. What do you think you really want as you eat this “junk”? Are you looking for sweet, crunch, comfort? I am learning that when we want something, we should have it. Convincing yourself that it’s not “bad” or off limits will help you moderate when you want it. Portion out what ever it is and really taste and enjoy it. No guilt. I’ll remind you if you spilled a little wine on your shirt, you wouldn’t say, “Oh well, I spilled some so I might was well spill the whole bottle on my shirt.” It’s not all or nothing. Have what you want guilt free and figure out why you wanted/needed it. Then move on. We are in this for the long haul. 🤗

@Terytha 👏🏼👏🏼 Glad to hear your second try with the meals was good. Thanks for the photos.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options

Drop by the week 3 challenge - it is all about reflecting on the day or week, and learning what to do to change the bits we don't like. And forgive ourselves for those things too, since they help us figure it out.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10807224/week-3-challenge-reflect-today-to-build-tomorrow#latest
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    WTG @jguldi11 - you are on your 3rd week in the green. And you had 9 previous green weeks too! Those small increments add up. Have fun making pesto and other wonderful stuff! It's just about a daily task right now.

I had a day of cravings - just wanted to eat all the things - but after a fairly long and heavy shovel/cultivator/rake session in part of the garden, I was so hot that plain old cold fizzy water did the job. I had the 2 spoons of ice cream (@micki48 you're so right! taste and enjoy, but don't eat the whole danged thing). Then I took a good long walk with a friend and her 2 snorting pugs, so by the time dinner rolled around, I was happy with the amazing dish that my garden gave me for today.

So off we go week 3 - tally ho!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Still needs steps from:

@evangsimmons170 week
    @theweeonemfp week
    @eggfreak
    @Gidgitgoescrazy 8/10, 14, 15
    @evelynladams527 8/10, 12, 13, 14,15
    @ells_runs pretty sure she went to support.

So sorry this is late! Between work and homework, last week was insane. Today is the first day school, although virtual. So here we go!

uujsw2o3h8bj.png
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Weekends are so hard for me. I spend so much time in the kitchen and there are so many treats. Once I let go, eat that first chocolate, I cannot stop :(
    I should know better, as I do this every week but somehow I keep repeating this pattern. 2 weekend days of eating everything in sight & no logging and then 5 good days. It's so frustrating because I know how bad this is but I still do it :#

It's really easy to get wrapped into this pattern, isn't it? That's why "repeating behaviors and expecting different results" is called, "insanity". I live this one every so often and it is definitely irksome. The only way to change a habit is to replace it with something else. Make a small change and celebrate the heck out of it so you feel really good about yourself. "Tiny Habits" is a great book and way to shift our thinking around habits. I highly recommend it.

@micki48 I blew it on getting steps reported - I was so intent on competing with the work week fitbit crew I misplaced myself!
    @jugar what a great fb party! I know it had some issues but hey, Paul was able to get Meme online to see most all of us so that was a major accomplishment! I hope Donald and Cindy weren't annoyed that Mom gave away 2 of her 4 lobsters! I personally think it was really nice of her to do that considering how much Christine has done for her without letting her pay her. Send me a pm and let me know how to get you some moolah to pay for the meal plans, etc.
    I'll be off and running (only a figure of speech in my case) shortly and plan on a great bunch of exercise including water time - I'll be sure to let you know how much and what type so you can translate it into steps for me. Thanks!
    Have a great day everyone. It's Monday and here we go.
    :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.