WaistAways Team Chat - August 2020

Options

Replies

• conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Summer bbq's and celebrating have been hard on the diet over the last few days 😁 My mother in law keeps making homemade potato salad...God help me 😌 It was my mother in law's birthday yesterday so we had cheeseburgers, more potato salad and watermelon. For dessert she asked me to make chocolate waffles. It's boxed cake mix that you just cook in the waffle iron and top with icecream and hot fudge. Well the scale is up today. It is so tempting to panic and be super strict but I know that is not the way to go and leads to trouble. Who wants to live on the roller coaster anyway? So today I am focusing on eating more vegetables and doing my normal workouts.
  • launasoul
    launasoul Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @YinxFed
    YinxFed wrote: »
    @tobeme3 So sorry to hear about your foot. Walking in pain sucks! It's a wonder that you managed those steps - well done you!

Perhaps you can try some gentle indoor walking workouts? That's what I'm going to be doing to supplement my workouts this week (Heather Robertson is great, but I am fit for almost nothing after doing a 30-40 minute session!)

You certainly have a varied workout routine - I like to switch my workouts up too.

Hope you're having a great day! :)

Walking in pain totally sucks! I was surprised to see my own numbers lol tbh.

Thanks for the suggestion. It's good to consider alternatives, instead of forsaking workouts complete and I was wondering what the heather robertson workouts were. I'll have to check that out. :)

And happy to hear you are not worrying about the gain, you look great in both of the photos but definitely see the definition more in the right hand-side pic. I have a similar body type to you I think and slightly lighter skin.

Hope you have a great day too!

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    Pearl4686 wrote: »

@micki48 I blew it on getting steps reported - I was so intent on competing with the work week fitbit crew I misplaced myself!

:smiley:

@evelynladams527 You can still get me your steps since I haven't posted yet. Just touch your steps and it should take you to your week's daily steps. You can even just post a photo of it like a lot of folks do. I'll wait! :wink:
  • micki48
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @tobeme3 Did you change your user name to @launasoul? If not, I'm confused. ;)

@Conleywoods Good attitude. Just get back on it. There will always be special celebrations. Learning to navigate them perfectly would likely take a lifetime or beyond. Glad it didn't derail you.

@gidgitgoescrazy Wow! That's a cool program and it's always fun to get money FROM our insurance instead of giving it TO them! Go for the Gold and get that $21. I'm rooting for you. I find that sometimes happens with steps too. I think it's because it's also slower too. I hold the handle pushing the stroller, but walk at a good pace and it picks steps up. I have seen around the house, steps not getting picked up. It's really not a perfectly accurate system. We all know you are great at getting your activity in.

There was one more person I was going to respond to and now I can't remember who and I'm on this page and can't go back or I lose this post. Oh well. Sorry

I did get in 18 minutes of exercise (4 minutes jogging in place and 14. doing a pretty intense pilates workout) today. Food is going well. Feel very satisfied. Need to get a good bit of water right now because I feel thirsty.

You are all amazing!!!!!

PS It was @evangsimmons170 and any other teacher friends here starting school. My heart is with you, saying prayers and sending Light for your safety. Wishing you an amazing start to the school year in an amazingly odd year! <3
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 125.1
    CW: 125
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

Thank you all for the lovely messages of support and suggestions <3 . It's hard to break old habits, but I won't give up. I was hoping that my initial motivation/drive will last a bit longer, but hey I'm in this for the long haul.

We're on holiday for one week. I won't be able to log everything but I will try to eat mindfully. There will be a lot of hiking so hopefully that will off-set some of the sandwiches/BBQs.
    I will be happy of I can maintain this week, especially considering my 3 day 'wobble'.
    Have a great week everyone!
  • tobeme3
    tobeme3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @micki48 I have two accounts and didn't realize I was in the other one when I replied to @YinxFed. :) So yes launa.soul is me tobeme3.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,083 Member
    Options
    Monday madness!

Today, I established the SZS - the Secret Zucchini Society. I have so many zucchini that I keep looking for more ways to use them up. They are taking over the universe here. So I was making a batch of sorbet - blueberries and mango, with lots of citrus zest. As it was in the blender getting totally smoothed out before hitting the freezer, I threw in a peeled, seeded zucchini. I just did it for the texture. It was a compulsion. But you know what? When I had some after dinner, it was really good! Secret zucchini, people! Go for it! You can hide it anywhere...

I was really tired today, for no particularly good reason, but after a big rain shower, got a good walk in anyhow, and that revived me. Energy is back! I will get to bed earlier tonight, though.

@conleywoods
    Good to hear that you are going to be back on the good track after celebrations - that is how to do it! Those chocolate waffles sound like they are brought to your table by someone in a red body suit, horns, and an evil grin - but as long as you aren't eating them again any time soon, why not? And potato salad - don't let that word "salad" suck you in!

@evangsimmons170
    Good luck with the new school year beginning - this one like none other. Hang in there, and pace a lot while you're on the phone! You can keep up some of those steps to keep from going too crazy :grimace::heart:

Last minute reminders!
    @theweeonemfp today
    @CM_73 Tuesday

Thanks!

• conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Today was a good day. My husband and I were ready for a change after all the rich food lately. We had a meatless Monday and it felt great. Breakfast was oven roasted potatoes, scrambled eggs and peaches. Lunch was pearl couscous, falafels and a yogurt dill sauce on a bed of greens, carrots and tomatoes. Dinner was blueberry muffins, grapes, hard boiled eggs and plain yogurt with granola and strawberry jam. I have never made falafel's before and they were excellent.
    5fe220yr9i6s.jpg

Workouts for today: I shortened my walk to 30 minutes because it was really hot out. Did a ballet beautiful dvd- 60 minute super model series. I just got the DVD and I really liked it. Earned a shower today!

@yinxfed Thanks for sharing the inspirational pics! You look great and I definitely can see the toning taking place. I bet you feel a lot stronger too! Keep up the good work 👏

@micki48 Nice work getting your exercise in!

@jugar That cracked me up, it was a sinful dessert for sure and I don't want any more, anytime soon!
  • theweeonemfp
    theweeonemfp Posts: 27 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    It was my birthday yesterday, yay!

I forgot to weigh so as of this morning I'm 191.8lb 🤣 I did eat out twice yesterday and lots of rubbish
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @micki48
    steps
    8/9 12,475
    8/10 9116
    8/11 11178
    8/12 8331
    8/13 7788
    8/14 12086
    8/15 12608
    8/16 12178
    8/17 8597
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

I'm off to a slow start today - but hopefully things will rev up soon. Love the food photos! Those falafels look good. I have always enjoyed them, especially with a tahini sauce.

I have a quick housekeeping note, especially for the newer members -
    Michele and I use the "Insightful" button to mark that we have entered weight, steps, or exercise into the spreadsheet. It gives you a chance to go back to your post and make sure we have caught it, and it also helps us co-captains know when the other has recorded something. So my request is that no one else uses "Insightful" on any post that has numbers! Ideally, any weigh-in or exercise numbers report should be on a separate message. Thanks!

Of course, some posts are really insightful, so don't hesitate to use that if the post does not have any numbers :smiley:
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Steps for 8/17 = 10,304

Earned my $3.00 and did it by 6.30pm... Woohooo

So I thought I would share some food pics also, both are hello fresh, the one with the salad was so good, I mean really really good... It is creamy chive chicken with a dijon apple salad and lemony jasmine rice.. The other one was good too, it was the 1st time I'd ever had couscous, I think next time I will use chicken broth to cook it though, it had garlic and scallions in it, but I still thought it was very bland. It's in one of my meals this week, so I can try to make it better this time.

Okay have a great day !

pd7e1offnaq5.jpg
    25u7ckt8orcf.jpg
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hi Team!

All these food pics are making me hungry! Everything looks so yummy!

mgfvtza6598j.png

Just wanted to send an update on my 30-day calorie deficit challenge. As you can see, there have been several glitches on the journey. I can easily point out 1 positive and 1 negative so far during this challenge. The negative is that my job as a school administrator teeters between calm and stressful everyday and can change on a dime at any given moment. Over eating, though an unacceptable 'out', tends to be my reaction to the stress. (I didn't even know I was an emotional eater until a couple of years ago.). The positive is that while I've been going "way over" my calorie limits on several days this month, I have been fully cognizant of it and eat my heavier meals earlier in the day so that I either skip dinner or eat VERY lightly in the early evenings. I think this could be the key to the reason why I've been experiencing a loss each week.

All in all, I'm determined to have a month of victories. This is week 3; this is the week I historically go off the rails every month. But I'm determined to break that mold this week! Wishing all of us great success this week! :smiley:
  • micki48
    Options
    Hi all! Quick check in because I need to attend to my dinner.

8/17 Pilates 18 minute
    8/18 Walk 3.5 miles/hour 34 minutes

Happy birthday @theweeonemfp !!! Hope your new year is great.

YUMMMY, all of your food looks so great! Thanks for sharing.

@evangsimmons170 Good for you for checking in. You will not go off the rails this week.You will not go off the rails this week.You will not go off the rails this week.You will not go off the rails this week. :) Check in with us each day so we know you're hanging in there. We are rooting for you. I know it is hard. <3

Talk to you later.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Husband bought milk based on color rather than number. While the yellow label for Lucerne is 1%, the yellow label for Dairyland is whole! :lol:

So dinner was higher calorie than expected, but actually not as bad as I thought it would be. Not sure what to do with the rest of the jug though. I'm not drinking it, whole milk is gross.
  • micki48
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Husband bought milk based on color rather than number. While the yellow label for Lucerne is 1%, the yellow label for Dairyland is whole! :lol:

So dinner was higher calorie than expected, but actually not as bad as I thought it would be. Not sure what to do with the rest of the jug though. I'm not drinking it, whole milk is gross.

After years of drinking skim my husband has decided we need to have 2% now and I’m not about to buy separate milks. So, I’m right there with you. It’s a little higher in calories (and fat). You could always use your whole in your coffee in place of creamer if you use it.
  • jugar
    Options
    Heads up!

Weigh-ins due Wednesday:
    @offitgoes
    @evelynladams527

and still due for today - @CM_73

Thanks!
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 783 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @jugar I would like to ask for a pass this week. I've been working out some medical info this week, & my food intake has been high. Nothing to worry about. I just need to make some adjustments to when & what I eat.
    Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.