WaistAways Team Chat - August 2020

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    @jugar i may not have access to a scale/the internet next week. Can I skip one or just record the same weight?
    Thanks

no problem!
  • jugar
    Options
    Everyone is doing so well! I've been rubbish at logging and exercising to be honest. Today I've logged everything so far and came up with a plan just to meal prep every 5 days which will begin from tomorrow as I'll do all the prep today. I'm still 13.8 but hoping by Monday I get a couple off as I've been off track and hoping to slam the diet!
    Great plan - even if you are rubbish at logging and all! I have never been organised enough to officially meal prep, but making a dish or two that I eat every day for a while - if that counts, then I do it :wink: ANY kind of planning ahead really makes a difference. You can pre-log those foods, too, and that helps you to stick to just the things you planned for.

I am still on my Vikki-inspired exercise plan. When my inner @Gidgitgoescrazy tells me to plan it and do it, so far it is working! Hope your feet feel better soon.

Off to help stuff rock wool into the roof of the sauna. Yuck. Good thing it is really cool out! Long sleeves, gloves, head kerchief - everything to keep that stuff OFF my skin!
  • BaileyCat88
    BaileyCat88 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    @jugar: Friday Weigh-In:

PW: 176
    CW: 176

That was a little disappointing, as I was lower mid-week. Maybe Friday isn't my day. But I'm not gonna give up! Grrr.

@micki48 I understand how you feel. We have a lot in common. I've been kicking the same pounds up and down for awhile, too. Joining this group is my attempt to break that pattern. Never did athletics and not much discipline when it comes to eating healthy. I'm going to follow the advice to reduce bread carbs and add fruit & vegetable carbs. And also reduce portions. I do like to walk daily - more because it clears my mind than as a work-out/competition. Hang in there. Just being mindful of the healthy choices I'm making when I do make them helps me. Focus on what you're doing right and celebrate yourself for that! :)
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I don’t remember my weight last week

@SMcFall0215
    Fridays
    PW-
    CW-157

It was not a great week but I’ll fix it
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Our first (and likely only) Hello Fresh box arrives tomorrow. It looks like the calories are very high but reviewing the cooking instructions shows everything is cooked in like three tablespoons of oil, which is so unnecessary. So it might not be too bad. I'll report back.

I'm so tired today, its gonna be hard to find the motivation to exercise tonight. -_-
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Wow - I am so sorry that I've been out of the loop for such a long time! Just mega busy - nothing bad.

So I'll update my steps and exercise now - can't believe I haven't done this since Sunday! And then I will share a general update later. :)

9th August
    Steps - 2295
    Exercise - 0 mins / Rest day

10th August
    Steps - 3717
    Exercise - 50 mins Tabata/Abs/Booty

11th August
    Steps - 2465
    Exercise - 49 mins Upper body / Chest & back

12th August
    Steps - 2252
    Exercise - Rest day

13th August
    Steps - 3416
    Exercise - 42 mins Full body HIIT
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    @BaileyCat88 We really do have a lot in common! Glad to know I am not alone. I also taught 3rd & 4th grade for years. Thanks for the support and advice. I think we would have fun chatting over a bottle of wine! But right now, I will focus on being mindful and celebrating good/right choices. I hope you are fully recovered from your difficult night and headache free today. :)

@jugar Thanks for all the hugs! I bet when we do get to hug one day, you are a really good hugger. Looking forward to that day. I will take your advice and aim for one good habit and another and another. My carbs can definitely improve, but I do get a lot of them from fruit rather than refined carbs aka bread, except for the focaccia I made the other day. But that's gone. Gave half of it away. Oh, and I had to look up Stone Wool. Hope all goes well and you are using the sauna soon.

@conleywoods Thanks for your thoughtful, wise advice. I think you are right about not having anything to distract us anymore. I spend a LOT of time in my house and that never helps when you start cruising the kitchen. Today, I walked out and drank my water. So many times that is EXACTLY what is really needed. But no doubt, I am eating for comfort. I can see that. I will forgive myself and move forward. Sometimes, I think I'm too easy on myself and it doesn't get me where I want to be. But, I guess it's what I need at the moment. Focusing on hobbies is a great idea. I sit on the sofa for too many hours at night. I have started doing watercolors since the pandemic started. I've never done them before. I'm not really and artist, but I am pleased with what I have done. It makes me happy. Thanks for the encouragement.

I sure hope you get a positive response about teaching full time this year. It's so hard to have to make that shift and work for those CE credits to get more money. Wishing you all the best for a safe, sane, peaceful new school year.

@Pearl4686 Thanks for the support. I know we've all been there with that darn wagon. I think I, at least, have a leg on it today. I'm hoping to haul that other let up too. Hopefully, once I'm back on, if you or anyone else falls off, I'll be there to pull you back on too, like you and everyone here has done for me. It is difficult to get back in the zone. I think I get bored and I need to try something novel. Spent some time last night reading MFP Blog posts on losing weight. Found a couple good ones. I agree, MFP, exercise is over estimated. Sometimes, my fitbit is higher though. In any case, my goal is to not eat them all back. Last week, I hardly ate any back. That's why it was so disappointing when I gained. Oh well. It happens. This week it may happen again. I'm a self sabotager. Your advice to eat what you like, just less, it a good one for me.

@Gidgitgoescrazy Thank you for your advice. I totally agree that focusing on how I can make the world a better place is important. Sometimes, I find it difficult to see how I can make a difference. I definitely need to look smaller instead of the grand scheme of things. Thanks for the support and confidence in me. It means a lot. You have been an inspiration to me as well. I will try to be more mindful of my feelings of fullness and leave those two bites.

I wish I could not pay attention to politics, but in this family, politics is sports. I really am trying and keeping off social media much more. I agree, it's a whole lot of trash and hate and unkindness. I have eliminated many people that don't offer anything to fill my bucket. I like what you said about focusing on what I see, hear, and experience. I really do need to get out more, even if it's by myself in the woods or to a lake or where ever. However, I have to pay attention to what is going on to some degree. It's that important. Terrible things are happening. People are in real pain. I'm hoping it gets better. If not, @jugar I may be at your doorstep. ;) Seriously though thanks for taking the time to give my situation your wise thoughts.

I know that key to everything is knowing this group has my back. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I want to show up with my game on again. Not only for me, but because I know you all will be cheering with me. We all go through this in similar ways. Thanks for reminding me. It is definitely a journey. I've just hit a bumpy or cobblestone road recently. I'll get there. I know it.

The blog post I read hit on some probable blocks: stress, sleep, exercise, protein, dairy (keep it in for better weight loss). I'm forgetting the rest so I'm going to have to go back and write it down.

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!! <<<<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>>>> <3:)
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    PW: 147.5
    CW: 147.5
    TWL: 61.5 (20 years ago)

I got down to 146.5, but the past 2 days were vacation. My clothes fit much better under 150.
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    PW 170.6
    CW 172.8 :(:(:(
    LTD 27.4
  • tobeme3
    tobeme3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Not sure where to jump in here. But feel i need to post. Forgive me for my long, probably winded post.

Just had a job interview today. Feel it went well, I'll know early next week. My last entry included 4 of 5 bingo boxes, including 10000 steps which i haven't done in a while, mostly in light of covid but let's add winter in that as well.

That night, while walking in the dark, I tripped on a crevice, had pain in my foot for two days and even now doesn't feel 100%. I know my weight and overall fitness has something to do with it +walking in the dark, stumbling over a crack. It's motivation but also, i regret letting myself gain 45 pounds. FML. Praise the scale, if only i had been more mindful.

Good news is - is that I did do some meal prep, finally managed to coordinate it to the days when i am working (ie now). Prepared a nice veggie lasagna, and vegetable soup. On sunday, plan to make more healthy things. Was down 3 pounds today, from my last weigh in which is cool. We'll see what tomorrow brings though. I have to ask myself, is it scale measurement error or really valid fluctuation with water, food and other. Could be both. Happy to see a 5 pound decrease.

@theweeonemfp hear you on the logging and exercise. I've been logging but if i drink, sometimes it's so discouraging lol I have skipped some logging in those moments but try to log regardless. Have set a reminder. Hope you hit your expected goals with the awesome work you have been doing! And regardless, sounds like you have had some healthy habits and recognized your strengths and weaknesses for the week(s). Would love to hear how the meal planning goes. Trying to do that as well.

@Terytha I've only had experience with "Good Food" for meal ordering, and found the calories really high there as well. Cool find about the olive oil! 3 TBS that could be like 240 calories or whatever. From my memory, with good food, i think the portion sizes might also have been sizely as well. Anyways, kudos on you making it work for you!! I'd love to hear your feedback on miss fresh or other, might give it a try. Love the hair color too btw! Delayed reaction.

@happimess01 - good job on the loss!

@yinx, feel you on the busy-ness, good job on the steps, and strength, fitness routines. Love me some tabata, hiit and other, when my body permits. Good for the muscle building, strength and other.

@Jugar, planning ahead is so good, but not easy, as you say. Lol, baby steps always.. But a What is the Viccki inspired exercise plan you speak of? Can you share? Also, glad to hear you are taking precautions with the wool, don't know much about it ish, but got some visual of it.
    Sauna... let's take a moment to bask in that wonderfullness ;) Sure you will be happy once it is finished!

@Micki48 God, woman, I know how it feels to be working hard and not having the scale budge. I was totally impressed by your stats. I agree with Jugar suggestion with fiber or things that encourage bowel movements and other and small changes in the carb region. In any case, sounds like you have a lot of insight into your situation. I know for me, it helps to keep loads of sweets out my house. Ie ice cream, ice cream sandwiches, cake whatever, granola bars. Because I will easily polish that off in no time. But for me, a sweet is better than drinking. So I'll walk to the store if I want a treat in that case. Not sure if that resonates at all. On a side note, some posts ago, you said i had reached onederland? what does that mean?
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    God, woman, I know how it feels to be working hard and not having the scale budge. I was totally impressed by your stats. I agree with Jugar suggestion with fiber or things that encourage bowel movements and other and small changes in the carb region. In any case, sounds like you have a lot of insight into your situation. I know for me, it helps to keep loads of sweets out my house. Ie ice cream, ice cream sandwiches, cake whatever, granola bars. Because I will easily polish that off in no time. But for me, a sweet is better than drinking. So I'll walk to the store if I want a treat in that case. Not sure if that resonates at all. On a side note, some posts ago, you said i had reached onederland? what does that mean?/quote]

@tobeme3 Thanks for your support and your suggestions. Not having my daily constitution last week was definitely part of it. I will be sure to keep the fiber up. I probably need to get rid of the ice cream too or at least just have hubby buy the kind I don't care for.

I sure hope your foot is feeling better. Taking a fall is not fun. I did that a few years ago and it took a full year to feel better. Take care of it. "onederland" means you have left the 200s and entered the 100s. We like to celebrate that. It's a pretty big deal. Congratulations!!!

So, I did some more blog reading and writing. It always helps me to write things down. Gets in my brain that way. Physical writing is still a good thing even in this digital age. There are really great articles in the blog. I read one on preventing weight gain during the pandemic. My biggest take aways:

*Set a daily calorie goal
    *Accept that setbacks are a possibility
    *Combat stress
    *Separate food from entertainment
    *Celebrate wins!

I read another on Consistency Wins! My take aways:
    *Change one habit at a time
    *Make your goals SMART (specific, measurable, realistic, timebound)
    *Don't make foods off limits
    *Get back on track

We should not look at bad days or meals as all or nothing. If we spill some wine on our shirt and get a spot, we are not going to say, "Well, I spilled a little. I might as well pour the whole bottle on my shirt." That resonated. I hope this helps someone. It helped me.

Oh and I got off early today and immediately went out for a walk. My first in almost a week. Felt good. Even the threatening clouds did not stop me. I am now at a daily total for steps that is higher than my two lowest days. (almost 12,000) Have a great night!
  • jugar
    Options
    The crickets are singing tonight!

I am enjoying hearing your news, thoughts, and questions. @tobeme3 - my "Vikki inspired exercise" is from our team member here @Gidgitgoescrazy (her name is Vikki). It is not a specific plan, just that she plans and mostly sticks to her plan! I get inspired by her - different kinds of exercise in the morning, after work, on weekends - all planned out for the week. I have been floundering and not planning too well lately, so her example helps me to remember to plan it and then do it! So far it is working for the past few days.

The insulation of the sauna roof went pretty well this morning but I had to laugh. My husband is 6'4" tall, and he was the one up on a narrow plank just under the peak of the roof where he barely fit, while I had the job of carrying the stuff up the ladder and sliding it along to him - but when I suggested we switch jobs, there was no way! Sigh. I will be very glad to have the sauna back in operation again, though. We built it 27 years ago, and then it has been out of operation for 2 years. Soon we'll be back in there baking instead of working!

Keep on exploring those ideas about finding ways to keep the eating sane and leading to good health. Food does not solve emotional needs, but it is sure hard to stop ourselves from trying to use it that way. You are all doing great - even if you're not perfect!

So, tomorrow is the last day for this week's weigh-ins. Let's get them all in!

Remaining from yesterday and today:
    @thinfairy2020
    @Steph1498 (are you still travelling?)
    @evangsimmons170

Due Saturday:
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @Terytha
    @Micki48
    @matthewsfive
    @Stefbomb2020
    @Cerizez
    @lovethyneighbor
    @tobeme3

Hang in there! It has not been a perfect week, but there has been some great progress for some of us!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    @evangsimmons170

PW 345.6
    CW 344.6
    LTD 29.2

Super insane week. I'll fill y'all in later. Stay safe and healthy. I'm going to bed.
  • tobeme3
    tobeme3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Weigh in.

PW: 198.8
    CW: 196.6

@Gidgitgoescrazy What a great feeling- on the jeans. Can't wait for that to happen to me lol. so many clothes, so many clothes!
    @Cerizez - sorry you have to go through that. We've come a long way with packaging but more work needs to be done. Hope you get more respite.
    @jugar The crickets, my friends! Haha on the Vikki inspired exercise. That used to be me. Can't wait to get back to that. May we be more Vikki like!
    Glad to hear the sauna-proofing went well. Can totally picture the scene with your husband. Feel like i've seen that scene before :) I'm sure it will be nice to have it back in operation after the hiatus. As for the eating, yes gotta watch the emotional eating. I emotional eat when I drink, when I'm tired etc etc. I look forward to a walk or some exercise after work today. Have to go feed a friend's cat. Have a lovely day! May the crickets be with you ?! :P
    @micki48 Those are awesome goals and love the take-aways. I'm going to start writing down my take-aways like you. Thank you. Glad you got to get out for a nice walk despite the menacing clouds. I went out for a mini one yesterday but hoping to get a longer session in today. Gotta watch that all or nothing thinking, nice analogy.
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    PW: 214.8
    CW: 215.2
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting for the weekend. 😬 Started last night.
    This is a first for me. I have my vitamins and drinks laid out and ready.
This discussion has been closed.