WaistAways Team Chat - August 2020

Replies

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    @Terytha Chibi looks scary! Remind me never to make you mad! LOL :smiley:
  • tobeme3
    tobeme3 Posts: 22 Member
    edited August 2020
    gonna keep it brief for now, will check in more soon.

PW 196.6
    CW: 197
    Start weight August challenge:200

Grumble? I know where i can improve. it will be cool to see me implement that to see how much difference it makes! I fantasize that it will make all the difference :)
    Here's to a new week. A new challenge. And coming back to post. I'm on vacation sunday after work for 5 days or so.. so it will be nice to connect a bit more.

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    @Terytha Chibi looks scary! Remind me never to make you mad! LOL :smiley:

The secret is that she's made of aluminum and duller than the average butter knife. :wink:

I'm a huge sword nerd, not gonna lie. Always have been. When I told my dad I'd joined a sword training class he said, "I knew you would." And reminded me of how when I was a kid I turned everything into swords. Sticks, cardboard, leftover siding from house repairs. XD
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    @micki48 You look adorable and love the dress! Great color and it looks like it could be styled in a variety of ways for several seasons. Love that!

@jugar I really need to get a tiar. I love all things dress up and pretty so it's a little surprising I don't own one! I have a belly dance headress that will have to do for now. In all honesty it might be more fabulous than a tiara.

@teryth It is the most impressive giant butter knife around! My husband just got set up with a forge this week so blades are a hot topic at our house. My middle son may be destined for some sword action some day. When he was 3 he hated going to bed. His nightly routine was to first rip the camera down, then rip all the curtains off the wall and take the curtain rods out. Finally, use his sword to attack stuff in his room. It didn't take long for all of those things to be bolted to the wall. Hope he likes red curtains...forever 🤣
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    @Terytha Chibi is very cool! Do you get to dress in appropriate style as well? I'm visualizing Japanese/anime?
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    @evangsimons170 that was a cute video. The Pinesol story!!! 🤣 Remind me again, what part of the country are you in? Ug is exhausting because it is all virtual. Sept. will be just as exhausting because we will be hybrid, herding Kinders around!

@ells_runs You have been going through a lot! Give yourself some grace. Life has thrown you several curveball. I can't even imagine what you are going through. 💕 Praying for you.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    @micki48 you look so cute! That's a great color on you. At one point over the summer, I started trying on clothes for no reason, too!

I am consistently having 5 great days in a row, and then falling apart on Fri/Sat. I am determined to break that habit. This week, I am going have one planned "cheat" not day, not meal. This week, it will be my baby's birthday next Sat. She is going to turn one!!!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    Steps
    Sun 14,985
    Mon 9,301
    30 min Interval workout
    Tues 7,519
    Wed 5,893
    Thurs 10,599
    30 min Interval workout
    Fri 8,314
    Sat 5,911

I thought I got in another workout, but I didn't record it so...
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    thosmw2cedfr.gif
    li1tqtn2rkak.png
    3w2m5s83p0nj.png
    re4fg3fb8i7j.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Weight No More 0.28%
    2nd Waist Aways 0.13%
    3rd Trimstones 0.11%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Weight No MOre 12.5 Lbs
    2nd Waist Aways 6 Lbs
    3rd Trimstones 5.1 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @mynacha73 3.03 %
    2nd @goingape 2.42%
    3rd @bettyboag 2.20 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @mynacha73 5.7 Lbs
    2nd @Marigorringo 5.4 Lbs
    3rd @goingape 4.0 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @melichalupa
    @kirsten11872
    @izzyred9400
    @SMcFall0215
    @Beka3695
    @nstephenson01
    @LaurieWrobo
    @gwamajtw91
    @apple852hk

bcm7zlmn8419.png

• BaileyCat88
    BaileyCat88 Posts: 39 Member
    It's been a super busy week. I've "scheduled in" a walk with my husband today, and although it's nowhere special, it will be special enough just to get out and walk with someone else and enjoy the sunshine. I'm looking forward to a lovely Sunday.

@evangsimmons170 Loved your video! I have a Screencastify training this week so you've inspired me. I bet you are just so much fun to work with!

@micki48 You look AMAZING in that green dress. And so happy :)

@Terytha Wow! That's a very cool hobby. Chibi is one heck of a butterknife!

@ells_runs Have courage. A lot of prayers coming your way for the tough times to pass.

And @ all my fellow teachers out there, there are so many unknowns and unfamiliar practices as we begin this new school year. We need to remain positive, be resilient and think outside of the box.
    Our students will still arrive with wide-eyed wonder bringing with them their joy and enthusiasm for learning. I will do my best to live up to their expectations. Best wishes to you all for a great year.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    @Terytha Chibi is very cool! Do you get to dress in appropriate style as well? I'm visualizing Japanese/anime?

It is Japanese yeah. Samurai arts. We're an offshoot of kendo so we wear what they wear minus the armor. Big flowy pants called hakama and a shirt called a gi, with a wide belt or obi.

I love the ceremony of it. Even dressing/ undressing and folding the clothes has a ritual.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    @jugar
    Sorry for not weighing in this week, I have so much going on and decide to take a break from the group. if its okay I would like to start back up for the October challenge.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    @jugar
    Sorry for not weighing in this week, I have so much going on and decide to take a break from the group. if its okay I would like to start back up for the October challenge.

No problem! And you can still feel free to drop by from time to time if you miss us :wink: Keep well!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember slow and steady wins the race!

g5i8ak2f57l0.png

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Hope your Sunday is going well. Our step reports are lacking many reports. Please get your steps in ASAP. I would like to try and finalize the Week 3 report tomorrow morning.

Still need the following people's steps:

@evangsimmons170 all week
    @theweeonemfp all week
    @eggfreak Tuesday through Saturday
    @tobeme3 all week
    @YinxFed Wednesday through Saturday
    @jguldi11 all week
    @Gidgitgoescrazy Saturday
    @evelynladams527 all week
    @ells_runs If you are still participating in the step team, all week

Met my step goal for today. Haven't logged anything yet, but may go try to fill that in. Babysitting sort of today while my daughter worked and son in law looked at his phone. :wink:

Thank you for all the sweet compliments on my "I wish I had somewhere to go" fashion show. @conleywoods You are right. The dress was originally worn for Christmas with a black satin ribbon belt. I got that dress on Amazon for $28!

Hope everyone is ready for a great Week 4. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.