Downsizers - September 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    @azkunk I am so sorry for your loss! Lots of hugs!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    My name is Megan ...I am one of the motivators for this team .... I have absolutely love being on this awesome team ..I hope all of the newcomers will love it as much as I do ...I have struggled with my weight since after having kids... I have a 20 year old son...and a 14 year old daughter whom I home school (she has never been to a public school nor does she want to be) ...I love to support/encourage anyone on their journey's :)

I am glad to have you as a team motivator. You have been an asset to the team

azkunk wrote: »
    I am so excited to get started! I am Andrea and I am new to this team. I turned 49 in May and vowed to lose 50lbs by my 50th birthday and I am 8.9lbs down so far. My husband recently started Nutrisystem and it has been a game changer for me … no more temptations of take out or having to make big meals that are too good to pass up. I am originally from PA but I now live outside Phoenix, AZ where it has been the hottest summer that I have ever experienced. Today is our 34th day this year above 110*. Needless to say, there is no exercise outdoors as it's still over 100* throughout the evening. I have resorted to walking laps around my kitchen to get my steps in.

September Goals:
    1. Min of 7,000 steps/day (avg about 5,000/ day in Aug)
    2. 80oz water/ day
    3. Log every day
    4. Lose 5-7 lbs this month

Again, welcome to the team. I have been always curious about nutrisysytem. The heat has been bad here this summer too. Lots of thunderstorms, tornado warnings and 5 or 6 tornadoes as a result. I walk the hallways in my apartment to get my steps in and get my heart rate up.

AmyG1982 wrote: »
    Hi, I’m Amy and I’m new to this group. I’m 38, live in Alberta (Canada), married and have a 4 year old daughter and a 1 year old son. I have had a weight problem my whole life and have been up and down for as long as I can remember. I lost 50lbs at the end of 2019/beginning of 2020 but I’ve gained more than 20 back :( I need to figure out a way to get this under control.

I eat low carb, and used to easily get 14,000 steps a day when I was in the office but now that I’m working from home I struggle to hit 10,000. My non-weight related goals for the month are:
    Get 10,000 steps per day
    No binge eating
    Stay under calories every day
    Drink at least 10 glasses of water a day

Excited to be here with you all!

Welcome! I was posted to Edmonton for 7 years when I was in the military. I love Alberta and the Rockies. You have great goals for the month and they should help you be successful.

Hello all, I am Nancy, I live in Illinois. My screen name is Scorpiogirl70.. Feel free to add me as your friend.

Yes, 1970 is when I was born and Scorpio will tell you it is in November that I will be turning the big 50. I am just trying to get healthy, with high blood pressure and borderline diabetic for YEARS, I figure 50 is a good a time as any, right?

I am amazed at how you all get so many steps in, maybe I am just too dang lazy? I'm lucky to get 2,000 in.
    Hoping to stay on track the month of September by loosing at least 5 pounds.

Goals/Planning:
    Plan to do the treadmill at minimum 3 times a week for a mile each time.
    Plan by the end of the month to be drinking 128 ounces of water daily.
    I have a couple days before September so I will be thinking about what I want to track.
    Any suggestions?

Also, I put in to weight in on Mondays, but should I do a weigh in on Sept 1?

Welcome to the team! 50 is am amazing time to get healthy. Some suggestions I have for tracking are:
    1. log all food daily
    2. Step a daily step goal
    3. Staying with calorie goal
    4. Sleep

You might want to use the habit tracker as a tool in helping you track your goals. I will post a link to it this morning.

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm Ashley. This is my second month with this group. I'm 33 years old, a wife and mother of two. My kids are 4 and 2. I've been up and down the scale all my life. Been on my current attempt at losing the weight since the middle of April and determined to make this my last start. I've lost 46 pounds since April, and just shy of 100 pounds now from my highest weight. I eat mostly Paleo while also counting calories and doing IF.

Goals
    Track food every day
    Stay under calorie every day
    Exercise 6 days a week
    128oz water every day
    9000+ steps every day
    Devise a plan for starting up lifting weights again
    Declutter the house

Looking forward to another month with this wonderful group! Anyone feel free to add me as a friend

We are so glad you are continuing this month. I can’t wait to celebrate your 100 pound loss. With the goals you have set this month you will reach that plus more this month.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • Colleen1018
    Colleen1018 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good Morning-
    My name is Colleen, I am new to the group. I am 50 years old. I am married and have 2 children 16 & 18. I am at the heaviest I have ever been in my life. I really need to get this weight off! I am trying to find the best meal plan for me. I have tried almost all of them and I have not able to stick to one! :( I need total structure when it comes to eating. I basically need diet for dummies! LOL I know it's a lifestyle change. I just need to find one that is not so restrictive. So, any help or ideas would be greatly appreciate. :) I also need to figure out what is the best calorie amount- I am at 1200, but I think that may be too low. Any help in naviagting MFP would be wonderful. Thanks in advance.

My Goals
    To find meal plan that I can stick with
    Track my food daily
    Exercise 3 days a week
    Get back to walking daily
    Walk min 7000

Also, I put down Mondays as my weigh in day. Would it be possible to change to Wednesdays?
    Excited to get started :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Saturday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 17 minute walk
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 5,217 @mari_moulin sign me up
    DBF: 1

We had to change our dinner and bowling for next Saturday as one of the grandkids was not feeling well. It is probably a good thing as it is already going to take 3 or 4 days to get rid of the water weight from my Friday night overeating and a restaurant meal would have just added to it.

Have a great Sunday!

Today’s goals
    1. No binge eating
  • Colleen1018
    Colleen1018 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin I would like to join your step challenge- please :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Good Morning-
    My name is Colleen, I am new to the group. I am 50 years old. I am married and have 2 children 16 & 18. I am at the heaviest I have ever been in my life. I really need to get this weight off! I am trying to find the best meal plan for me. I have tried almost all of them and I have not able to stick to one! :( I need total structure when it comes to eating. I basically need diet for dummies! LOL I know it's a lifestyle change. I just need to find one that is not so restrictive. So, any help or ideas would be greatly appreciate. :) I also need to figure out what is the best calorie amount- I am at 1200, but I think that may be too low. Any help in naviagting MFP would be wonderful. Thanks in advance.

My Goals
    Track my food daily
    Exercise 3 days a week
    Walk min 7000

Also, I put down Mondays as my weigh in day. Would it be possible to change to Wednesdays?

Welcome to the team! Truthfully, I just count calories. I don’t really deprive myself of anything but the key is I log everything. I do weigh and measure all my foods. I fit things in my day when I want it but I don’t have it everyday. I love chips and I have them every Friday. I just have a small bag instead of a family size bag that I would have had before. What did you input as your weekly weight loss goal when you setup mfp? I know your height, and activity level also determines your calorie amount. My key to losing the weight has been keeping my daily calorie amount a bit higher. I may lose at a slower rate but I don’t feel deprived. It’s a marathon not a sprint right. I guess the key is picking a weekly weight loss goal that is going to give you enough daily calories to keep you satisfied but a weight loss rate you are ok with.

You have great goals set. Check in and let us know how you are doing with them every day if you can. I am going to change your weigh in day on the spreadsheet.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,784 Member
    Options
    Good Morning-

My Goals
    Track my food daily
    Exercise 3 days a week
    Walk min 7000

Welcome to our awesome team Colleen ...Great to have you be part of this amazing team .... Great goals you have there ....Wishing you the very best :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

I am glad to have you as a team motivator. You have been an asset to the team

Awwww Shucks :) ...If there is anything more than I can help you will while Mari is away please let me know :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Happy Sunday Everyone ...Let's show September who is boss :) I will be doing a lot of meal prepping today .... Keto Eggplant Parmesan ..... Buffalo Chicken meatballs ...Buffalo Cauliflower .... Roasted Spaghetti Squash for my copy cat red lobster shrimp scampi .... Keto lemon cookies to name a few .... :)
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the sympathy. Today is better and we know it was the right thing to do. It’s just weird going through all the firsts without her today.

@lindamtuck2018 - it’s just my husband doing nutrisystem. I couldn’t do it. The food does not look good to me at all. No wonder you lose weight. I need to do something that is sustainable for the long term and that comes down to CICO.

Check-in for Saturday
    Exercise: 1 mile walk around my kitchen island
    Steps: 7472
    Water: 98oz
    Calories: not even 1000 but it was an emotional day and better than eating my sorrow. Today will be better
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin -- Please add me to the September Steps. Still only getting in my 3000 ... but every little bit helps. tx!
  • onward1
    onward1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Please add me to the step challenge. I'm still trying to figure this challenge out, lol. I'm Pam, MFP user name=onward1. I live in Vermont, and have lost a lot and reached goal on MFP a few years ago and I'm ashamed to be back. I'm so tired of yo-yoing and this time I really whooped it up with extra covid pounds. Really need this body to fit in to all the clothes I have, instead of buying bigger sizes. So, I'm glad to be here, my goal is to log everything, move more, not binge and remind myself it's a marathon, not a sprint. So, now I'll read on and figure this challenge out. Have a good day all. ;)

And to @azkunk, a big hug to you, our furry friends truly are family. Still miss my girl, as she was my hiking buddy and grew up with my kids. Just now, after 2 years, getting ready to think of getting another. HUGS.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Welcome to our team @onward1 ... I am also a yo-yo dieter so I feel you .....We got this ...wishing you much success :)
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    5pd6wk0wu4j9.png
    57a6cng6pd8p.png
    c8bjw40jhy51.png
    zn49ed0wsby6.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 0.17%
    2nd Downsizers 0.16%
    3rd Weight No More 0.10%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Shrinking Assets 8.5 Lbs
    2nd Downsizers 8.1 Lbs
    3rd Weight No More 4.4 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @19shmoo69 5.58 %
    2nd @imgwendolyn2015 4.90%
    3rd @TASCascalho 4.04 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @19shmoo69 10.0 Lbs
    2nd @imgwendolyn2015 4.2 Lbs
    3rd @kcpond 3.9 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @debbiewsharpe
    @Melzz19
    @Xiaolongbao
    @Tazaria87
    @kmfeig87
    @floecity
    @happimess01
    @theweeonemfp
    @KristieJC

15fqxrldjnd2.png

• Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post August 29
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Exercise Yes
    Steps 10480
    Water 128oz
    Weight lifting- will put together a rough plan to do this week, will probably change as I figure it out but at least I'll start something.
    Decluttering the house- This is something I've been thinking about for awhile now. Wanting to do it but not taking any steps to do it. Pretty much every room in the house needs it. I started on the closet of our bedroom first. It's so cluttered up that we can't get to our clothes all that well and we've now decided we want to hang up the majority of our clothes and go down to one dresser for the two of us.

Got in a long walk at night. The weather was absolutely beautiful. It's been so hot lately and now a bit of a cold front has come in, it was 70 and breezy. I walked for a bit over an hour, took a different route than usual up and down lots of different streets just to see how many steps a new route would be. Ended up being between 6 and 7 thousand so now I have a new route when I need lots of steps for the day still!

@mari_moulin I'd like to continue the step challenge
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    8/29 Steps: 4500
This discussion has been closed.