Step It Up! September 2020

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
It's been a long slog. Dang it, Rona! GO AWAY! :rage:
This year seems like it's been 10 years already!
But what can ya do? Other than follow the guidelines to fight this stupid virus and try to make it the best that you can, you can Step Up your efforts to achieve your health and fitness goals. Whether or not that sounds exciting to you, you can agree it's something to do, and time will pass anyway. Might as well accomplish something. :smirk: :

So buckle down and renew your fight for your goals another month, whether it be weightloss or increased fitness, lets Step Up the drive to hit those goals this month.

For me, I've been a bit more loosey goosey with the logging here in maintenance-land, and it's showing big time. So I need to actually properly LOG and stop taking snitches of this and that and get after a little Quarantine Fluff that has crept on while I was being lazy and distracted and being eternally traumatized by some of this year's events.

We got this!

Replies

• elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    For September I'm still going to work on becoming even more consistent with steps and/or other forms of activity, and gradually building my way up to 5000 steps and/or other moderate level body motion.
    Also, zeroing in on a more effective level of LC/Keto for me...but not as extreme as I did a few years ago for now. I feel a need to ease my way back to my best Keto zone. I know I will get there in time.
    These are my September goals!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    August Results:
    1. Rode 306 miles for the month (broke 1 bike chain and popped 1 bike tube along the way)
    2. Averaged 7300 steps per day
    3. Logged for the month and kept myself from overeating for the month
    4. NSV's - the bike rides are getting easier and as I lose the weight, the rides are faster, my shirts are longer (not really, but there is less of me to cover so they seem to be longer) and my wife is noticing my weight loss.
    5. Scale victory - 11.6 pounds down for August!

Since it is September, I should post some goals here...
    1. Ride 5 days a week (at least) - mileage goal for September is 350 miles
    2. Average steps - 7500 per day
    3. Log all the foods, protein 120g per day minimum, carbs 100g net per day max

Boring goals, but they are working so I will stay the course!
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    Man I really dropped the ball in August. I was active but not like I wanted. It seemed to be hit or miss, all or nothing with me. We kayaked and biked but I didn't do much else. I couldn't even get on here daily to log or comment. Food wise I'm still maintaining. I'm struggling mentally more than I thought I suppose and have to help myself out of the covid blues. No berating myself or feeling bad about the past, just be determined to improve.

So to move consistently is my main goal this month and my gym being back open is a great motivator for me. I did 30 min strength session yesterday with my trainer after 5 months.
    Not quite sure what individual goals to set but as long as I keep moving I hope to see progress in my well being. I do need to return to logging all food and checking in here daily to keep myself honest.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    1 - three workouts done, food on target!
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    9/1:
    Logged all food, protein - 142g, carbs 97g net
    Steps - 6500
    Rode 18.4 miles

Won't be riding this morning (thunderstorms all day today). Will sub in some body weight routines to make up for it.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I’m liking everyone’s attitudes for the month! And @Ecosse2018, 16 weeks til Christmas? Holy cow!

I’m not really losing as I would like but I do seem to be maintaining however I’ve stayed off the scales and am going by how clothes are fitting so I don’t obsess over the damn numbers. My goal this month will be simple. Keep closing those watch rings and try to stay in a calorie deficit.

9/1
    Close rings ✅
    Calorie deficit- not as low as I would have liked due to some UNnecessary snacking but still under what I seemed to burn for the day.
  • gerripo
    gerripo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Several months ago I left MFP because I left the internet almost completely. Now I have the unwanted pleasure of needing to lose 20 pounds that I had previously lost. I'm easing my way back into the internet and determined not to allow it to become my main existence as it had before. All that said, goals for Sept:

1: Log all food daily, every dang day!
    2: Get a minimum of 4,000 steps, every dang day!
    3: Zero whiskey, every dang day!
    4: Private intention
    5: Limit MFP time to 20 mins, every dang day!

• baconslave
    Options
    gerripo wrote: »
    Several months ago I left MFP because I left the internet almost completely. Now I have the unwanted pleasure of needing to lose 20 pounds that I had previously lost. I'm easing my way back into the internet and determined not to allow it to become my main existence as it had before. All that said, goals for Sept:

1: Log all food daily, every dang day!
    2: Get a minimum of 4,000 steps, every dang day!
    3: Zero whiskey, every dang day!
    4: Private intention
    5: Limit MFP time to 20 mins, every dang day!

Know them feelz! :wink:
    Let's do this EVERY DANG DAY, lady! You've got this. :smile:
  • baconslave
    Options
    taylok23 wrote: »
    I’m liking everyone’s attitudes for the month! And @Ecosse2018, 16 weeks til Christmas? Holy cow!

I’m not really losing as I would like but I do seem to be maintaining however I’ve stayed off the scales and am going by how clothes are fitting so I don’t obsess over the damn numbers. My goal this month will be simple. Keep closing those watch rings and try to stay in a calorie deficit.

9/1
    Close rings ✅
    Calorie deficit- not as low as I would have liked due to some UNnecessary snacking but still under what I seemed to burn for the day.

:scream:
  • baconslave
    Options
    Ok. Here is chubby butt.
    Down to 180.4 today. Water be gone. Eyes on 167.

9/1:
    on-plan (the right plan. The LOGGING PLAN, Jess!!! :rage: : :innocent:
    exercise: :innocent:
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    The plan - I guess I should post a plan instead of just a daily status...

2 upper body strength workouts per week
    2 lower body strength workouts per week
    2 full body strength workouts per week
    6 cardio workouts per week
    5 stretching workouts per week
    4 core workouts per week

That's 3 workouts per day all month. To be fair, the ab workouts are like 15 min...and most of the cardio and strength ones are only 30 min...some as many as an hour, but only the full body stretching ones...plus, one whole day is just 3 stretching workouts so recovery should be accounted for though I wouldn't want to do this routine for any longer than a month.

That plus a 1200-1400 calorie target (under 100g carbs/day) should net me about 1% body fat loss per week, or that's the goal in any case!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    2 - exercises done, food, oy maintenance, the hunger is REAL! I did track all of it, even the ugly parts!
  • gerripo
    gerripo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I hit three and a half of my five goals yesterday. Totally acceptable.
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    9/2:
    Logged all the foods, protein 138g, carbs 99g net.
    Exercise - no morning ride (thunderstorms), did do body weight exercises
    Steps - 3300
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    9/2
    Close watch rings 👍🏻 16k steps with strength and abs
    Calorie goal- maintenance eating because of sneaky carbs in the house. Lunch was full of them, dinner not so much
  • baconslave
    Options
    9/2:
    exercise: :innocent: 5 miles of Leslie Sansone vids

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,621 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    9/2:
    exercise: :innocent: 5 miles of Leslie Sansone vids

I love Leslie Sansone Vids ...Now that I am pain free I am planning on doing some of her dvd's ...I just bought a new one of hers the other day called Just Walk ...walk to the hits party songs featuring HIIT ...I have not tried it but I am thinking about doing it today ..it is a 3 mile one :smile: