Steppers meeting their weekly step goal:

@SMcFall0215 - 5/7
    @KellyBgetsfit - 5/7

GREAT STEPPING EVERYONE!!
    h5kehsa9oxcp.png
  • theweeonemfp
    theweeonemfp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Eh I completed a 15 minute dance workout, and this is my face!!!!!kx8dn8qoc9gt.jpg

I dont think ive ever sweated this much, send help 🤣🤣🤣🤣 full effort the whole way and that was hard wow
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    zj1ktw566hcy.jpeg
    AUGUST STEP CHALLENGE FINAL RESULTS

TOTAL TEAM STEPS - 1,766,834

gv0ienxl5dh1.png

STEP STARS
    (LOL and that's a REALLY big star!)

1st - @jugar 322,983
    2nd - @KellyBgetsfit 312,329
    3rd - @eggfreak 270,045

GREAT STEPPING TEAM! LET'S DO IT AGAIN!

8zc88e01pm8g.png
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods I agree with everyone else. You look amazing! Congrats! All your hard work has paid off! :smiley:
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    Eh I completed a 15 minute dance workout, and this is my face!!!!!
    kx8dn8qoc9gt.jpg
    I dont think ive ever sweated this much, send help 🤣🤣🤣🤣 full effort the whole way and that was hard wow
    Congratulations! You have been granted permission to take a shower by my awesome imaginary shower bouncer! He is massive, and has a scowl that could discourage the bounciest optimist. He won't let me take a shower I haven't earned. Sometimes he sits at the table with me and scowls at my food if it isn't super healthy. He's a real grouch, but I love him! He has made me sweat to earn a shower on more than one occasion when I really, really didn't want to.

WTG!
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    @evangsimmons170

Sleepin' Sunday (how close to 8 hours of sleep can get to tonight?)
    Meatless Monday (all veggies and fruit today)
    Toning Tuesday (the workout of your choice that includes toning/strength exercises)
    Workout Wednesday (cardio workout of your choice)
    Thirsty Thursday (how close to 64 oz of water can you get today?)
    Fruity Friday (fresh fruit anyone?)
    Steppin' Saturday (How many steps can you walk in a day?)

Here are my September goals:

1. Exercise DAILY for @ least 30 minutes.
    2. Create a DAILY calorie deficit of at least 500
    3. Drink at least 64 oz of water DAILY
    4. Lose 8-10 pounds by month's end.

Here's my progress so far:

8/30/2020
    Sleepin' Sunday -- Less than 3 hours of sleep (had LOTS of homework to do)
    Exercise = 15 minutes
    Calorie Deficit -- nope!
    Water = 29 oz
    STEPS = 8,919

8/31/2020
    Meatless Monday -- SUCCESS!
    Exercise = 55 minutes of walking (thanks to an early morning workout and an insane day at work)
    Calorie Deficit = 611
    Water = 57 oz
    STEPS = 11,463

9/1/2020
    Toning Tuesday -- SUCCESS -- I did some stretch band exercises
    Exercise = 15 minutes of walking at work; 5 minutes of stretch bands
    Calorie Deficit = OMG I was WAY over my calorie budget today! I was hungry today, but that was ridiculous!
    Water = 52 oz
    STEPS = 9,405

9/2/2020
    Workout Wednesday -- SUCCESS (I think)
    Exercise = 46 minutes of "bike riding" -- What's funny is that I did not actually go bike riding. I was playing the piano and singing at church, where several of the songs were fast; plus we had rehearsal prior to the service. I guess my heart rate accelerated enough for FitBit to notice. It equated my playing and singing with bike riding. So I counted it since FitBit counted it. Is that cheating?
    Calorie Deficit -- 789
    Water = 74 oz
    STEPS = 11,106
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    The scale is up 1.5 pounds from Friday. I just want to cry because I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I cut down on calories. I'm working out. I am definitely NOT doing anything that would justify such a large weight gain. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

That's a tough one. Are you still breastfeeding the baby? That can make a huge difference - your hormones are making sure you hang on to calories, and the milk production system makes your weight vary a lot too. If it isn't that, then you might try a mild version of an elimination diet to see if there is one particular kind of food that has a big effect. Or add a lot more fibre and see if that helps. The body is a seriously complicated thing and it takes a lot of experimentation to find what works and what doesn't. Knowing what doesn't work is as important as knowing what does, even though discovering those is often discouraging. Keep trying tweaks and track what doesn't work - you'll finally hit upon what does. Don't give up!! :heart:
  • BaileyCat88
    BaileyCat88 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    @micki48 I apologize if you missed my steps for last week - they were on page 1 of this thread but I didn't check in again after that. School started and things are wonky right now. Stepping is going good now, though. I'm loving the trek through Yosemite.

Wishing everyone good health and happiness in September!!
  • theweeonemfp
    theweeonemfp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    So I ate back my exercise calories plus 100 more (ish). Steps are 9654 today which is not bad since I've stayed in the house and not worn my fitbit all day.
    I managed to set up my habit tracker so its looking good now, not many people are on it?

Had a wee bit of ice cream with some cut up kinder in it which is what took me over my cars 😂 was so lovely though. Busier day tomorrow.

Hope everyone has had a good day x
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    So I ate back my exercise calories plus 100 more (ish). Steps are 9654 today which is not bad since I've stayed in the house and not worn my fitbit all day.
    I managed to set up my habit tracker so its looking good now, not many people are on it?

Had a wee bit of ice cream with some cut up kinder in it which is what took me over my cars 😂 was so lovely though. Busier day tomorrow.

Hope everyone has had a good day x

Hey, @theweeonemfp what's "kinder?" You said you had some with your ice cream so it must be good!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    The scale is up 1.5 pounds from Friday. I just want to cry because I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I cut down on calories. I'm working out. I am definitely NOT doing anything that would justify such a large weight gain. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

The answer is absolutely nothing. Nothing is wrong. Your scale just weighs all of you indiscriminately.

Here is an article that if you haven't read, you should, and if you have, you should read again:

https://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/

It should be required reading for absolutely everyone in my opinion.

I've been spending a month going up and down the same 3 pounds and today I randomly dropped to a new low. Bodies are weird, and frustrating, and that's not your fault.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    @evangsimmons170 Kinder is a brand of chocolate in Europe :)

Steps and exercise for 2nd September:
    Steps - 3901
    Exercise - 0 (Rest Day)

Got back today from spending a couple of days in London visiting my Mum.

I've joined Noom - today's Day 2, so early days. And we got our first order of Hello Fresh this afternoon, so I'm hoping this will help with our portion control - if only a few times a week!

This is me trying something different!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar
    PW 149.5
    CW 148
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Very important question time: has anyone added broccoli to a smoothie before and how much did you add before the taste became noticeable?

I'm looking for healthy, low calorie ingredients to pad out a fiber smoothie I'm developing. Not eating fiber isn't helping so let's try eating lots of fiber, but since whole fruits are not good for my stomach... this is what I got.

Current ingredients: raw cocoa, banana, Greek yogurt, soy milk (probably almond milk later). But its not much volume and already 230 calories.

I had no idea cocoa was such a good source of fiber btw holy cow. :0
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Very important question time: has anyone added broccoli to a smoothie before and how much did you add before the taste became noticeable?

I'm looking for healthy, low calorie ingredients to pad out a fiber smoothie I'm developing. Not eating fiber isn't helping so let's try eating lots of fiber, but since whole fruits are not good for my stomach... this is what I got.

Current ingredients: raw cocoa, banana, Greek yogurt, soy milk (probably almond milk later). But its not much volume and already 230 calories.

I had no idea cocoa was such a good source of fiber btw holy cow. :0

@Terytha I haven't tried broccoli in a smoothie, but I have done spinach several times and it didn't change the taste a bit. I added about 2 cups of fresh spinach. What about adding dry oatmeal to your smoothie so you can get more fiber?
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    @micki48 Your grandbaby is adorable!!!!! :smiley:

@evangsimmons170 and @KellyBgetsfit Thanks. I think she’s pretty cute too. 🤗

@CanadianGiraffe Happy Anniversary to you and hubby. Sounds like you always find a nice way to celebrate.🎉

@jugar and @conleywoods Did you know September was “Sewing Month?” JoAnne Fabrics told me that yesterday. I would love to get back to sewing, but my machine is in a closet blocked by my exercise bike blocked by a makeshift bed for the little one. 😐

...I will stress drink water or stress run in place...”
    ...said no one ever!
    LOL
    It might be fun to try that. Sure beats getting riled up to stress eat or, more likely, “stress beatyourselfup”!!
    @jugar CW 184.5
    Steps: Monday 4,700 Tuesday 5,500; Wednesday 5,230; Thursday 9,780
    My goal for steps was 6,000 for the last few months. I’m going for 8,000 this month.
    School’s going and my brain is spazzing out tonight so, time to sleep. Xoxo

• FatSlayer1016
    FatSlayer1016 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    @Terytha I second what evangsimmons170 said: baby spinach. Also baby kale. For one the fiber is less tough than broc so it blends easy, and the baby varieties have very little flavor. Also, have you thought about using chia seeds? High in fiber and good fat.
  • FatSlayer1016
    FatSlayer1016 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I had typed a post this morning all about my fears that a coworker was bringing in donuts today, but that dreaded done button got me once again. Turns out the only thing that coworker brought today was a possible case of covid. His gf's roommate tested positive today. I had plans to see my mom and grandmother and best friend who live 1.5 hrs away this weekend, but now have to cancel. So I am tentatively planning on a major hike Sunday instead. 😁🤞
    Today I "hiked" two miles on the trails in the state park that I assistant manage/live in. Gorgeous trails that I had never been on. Need to make a more regular habit of getting my steps up there instead of just waking around the campground loops.
    Food was okay today except all the apple cider I drank. 🤦 I bought it as a thank you to my staff, but can't stop drinking it myself now.
This discussion has been closed.