Waist Aways - September 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    Trails and smoothies! What a combination :lol:

I had a pretty good day - a nice pilates session and my bi-weekly acupuncture treatment, then some good quiet time.

Now it is time for the big reminder for Friday weigh-ins! Heads up, people :smiley:
    @deniners2
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @evangsimmons170
    @SMcFall0215
    @CanadianGiraffe
    @happimess01
    @Pearl4686
    @BaileyCat88
    @Steph1498
    @Kali225

The happy, the sad, the green the red - send 'em in!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    @Terytha If you are looking for a fiber filler, check out wheat bran. It is 70 calories a teaspoon but it has 11g of fiber and no weird flavor. If you can fit it in calorie wise, it's a third of your fiber for the day. I also use it to make turkey meatballs in place of bread crumbs.

@Yinxfed Glad you got to see your mum. I really love noom and it really changed the weight loss game for me. I hope you love it too!

Sunday I got my 8 hours
    Monday didn't get my plan together
    Tuesday was a rest day
    Wednesday I did an hour of cardio
    Thursday I drank tons of water, it's my super power

Today I just didn't feel good. Time of the month which showed up 9 days late and it's a doozie. Layed low today a worked on sewing a stack of masks and played games with the kids. Tomorrow we are finishing up a project with our deck that my husband spontaneous decided to tear off yesterday. Then we are going to the lake for some fun in the sun.
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Today was another good day. I think September is giving me a recharge. Isn't it funny that we are so ingrained after our years in school that September brings a new start even though it has been decades since we actually "went back to school"? Anyway, I'll take it to get back on track.
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Good Friday morning everyone! I’m seeing benefits from getting back to my schedule and the kids back in school.
    CW: 162.5
    PW: 163.0
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday 😊 Friends!

Today I am attending a one-day course on Video marketing. It's taking place on a farm about 10 miles away so I'll be outside all day (yay!). Hubby's dropping me off later, and tonight we're having a cheeky takeaway :)

Enjoy your day.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    SW: 96
    PW: 88.1
    CW: 88.9
    URGH

Edited to add: it's kilos before anyone gets worried!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Steps for 9/3 = 10,407
    I did not do yoga yesterday, my legs are killing me... I won't do the strength training again until probably Sunday, so I will do yoga tonight..

Have a great friday !
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    (First!) Friday weigh-in:

PW: 198 (*I think this is what I put on my registration post)
    CW: 197.6
    LTD: 0.4
    LTD (lifetime): 35.4

Down is down, but I did have some post-dinner snacking last night so this probably could have been a liiiitle bit better. Onto week 2!

@Terytha I have never been much into the smoothie game, but what do you normally put in them? And when do you eat them? I have been doing a protein chocolate milk thing with my lunches recently and enjoying them, so maybe I should try some smoothies!

@micki48 steps for me so far:

9/1: 12,278
    9/2: 13,913
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    PW 156.4
    CW 158.2

So there's that.

@Terytha thanks for sharing that article. During the Spring, that was 100% me. I took January-May progress photos and although the scale was roughly the same, there was a huge difference in inches. I can't get photos to post 🤷‍♀️ otherwise I would share. This is different. The scale keeps going up and honestly, my pants are tight.

@jugar I am still nursing twice a day, but this weight gain started when I stopped pumping. That would imply that hormones may have something to do with it. I looked at my weight when I stopped nursing Jonas and I lost a pound the month after. I did cut my calories and I'm wondering if I cut too much at once, since I'm still nursing some. I actually thought about the fiber, too. I was eating steal cut oatmeal everyday, but switched to eggs to cut down on carbs. Wed, I added it back in, but the scale continues to go up.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!

@happimess01 and @PlaneMonkey are our shining leaders so far this week! Your September is off and running - bravissimi!

Some have hit one of the lovely bumps the road is full of. Keep your experiments going, and be patient - here is a thought for the day:

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement." Helen Keller
    What consumes your mind controls your life. This weekend, focus on feeding your mind love, hope, and the expectation of success.

I stole and paraphrased that, but it is certainly apt for these difficult times. My DH would disagree with Helen Keller, though. He is certain (and often right!) that it is when you are unhappy with something that you get so peeved you fix the blasted thing. Of course, that means you are optimistic you can fix it and that you have every expectation of success!
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    Thank you, @jugar. Just yesterday, I was venting to my friend how hard this is and now I'm celebrating. It's like riding a rollercoaster.
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    PW 173.2
    CW 173.2 :neutral:
    LTD 27.0
  • theweeonemfp
    theweeonemfp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has came up today so I have had some haribos 😂

Steps today at 12,424. Woop!
    I did eat back some exercise calories but mfp says I've got 750cals to spare so I guess that's good?

Lasagna was for dinner tonight, hoping my weigh in tomorrow is decent x
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    Sleepin' Sunday (how close to 8 hours of sleep can get to tonight?)I got 7 hours and 14 minutes. My goal is 7 hours, not 8
    Meatless Monday (all veggies and fruit today)Didn't see this in time for it today.
    Toning Tuesday (the workout of your choice that includes toning/strength exercises)Will be doing Kettlebell for Beginners or Pilates. Will confirm later.Ended up doing a 25 minute Pilates Tone at 9pm. It was challenging but good.
    Workout Wednesday (cardio workout of your choice)Took a walk for 42 minutes lots of cardio minutes and a few peak.
    Thirsty Thursday (how close to 64 oz of water can you get today?)88 ounces!
    Fruity Friday (fresh fruit anyone?)Red grapes at lunch. Low on fruit in my house today
    Steppin' Saturday (How many steps can you walk in a day?

I have been reaching my new 9K daily step goal each day this week so far. I have also been trying out Leslie Sansome workouts this week. Did them twice on Tuesday and Thursday. I like them. It's not ridiculous and a good answer for me when I haven't managed anything else in a day.

I have not been super mindful eating this week. It's been a stressful week for me and I am not handling it the best way I know how. I need to get control because the scale keeps going up. Hopefully, some will come down before weigh in tomorrow, but that may not happen because I am NOT cooking tonight and pizza is on the menu for all of us.

Thanks for the steps everyone. @GBaileycat I am so sorry if I missed your steps for the last week of August. I thought I checked September too.

Have a great Friday. :)
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Steps and Exercise for 3rd September: -

Steps - 5525
    Exercise - 15 mins Leslie Sansome Mega Mile
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    CW: 152

I don't know if I should do Sept or not. I'm not focused on weight loss now as I'm still trying to adapt to a new iron eating plan. I've been eating about 1800 cals, and I've been 152 for almost 3 weeks. I've also been snacking/eating a lot at night.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    My first smoothie recipe experiment resulted in accidental chocolate pudding lol.

Its got 21 grams of protein and 9 grams of fiber and it's pretty tasty. The ingredients:

150 grams of vanilla greek yogurt
    65 grams of soy milk (or almond milk)
    20 grams raw cocoa
    10 grams chia seeds
    1 tablespoon stevia (or zero cal sweetener of choice.)

Edit: a pinch of salt, I'm told, would cut the bitterness.

210 calories for a very large bowl of filling, healthy pudding. I'd probably cut this in half in future.

aqsgtsjbts2f.jpg
This discussion has been closed.