Step It Up! September 2020

Options

Replies

• taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    9/3
    Closed watch rings ✅ got over 16k steps for the day. Need to get on the bike again to mix things up a bit.
    Calorie goal- maintenance today. Woke with the munchies I couldn’t seem to shake.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    3 - 45 min combat done, 45 min upper body done...skipped 15 min abs...went to happy hour at a local brewery...even dressed like a grown up...and still kept calories within goal...yay!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    9/2:
    on-plan (the right plan. The LOGGING PLAN, Jess!!! :rage: : :innocent:
    exercise: :innocent: 5 miles of Leslie Sansone vids

I love Leslie Sansone Vids ...Now that I am pain free I am planning on doing some of her dvd's ...I just bought a new one of hers the other day called Just Walk ...walk to the hits party songs featuring HIIT ...I have not tried it but I am thinking about doing it today ..it is a 3 mile one :smile:

She is fabulous! I started using her stuff in college. But quit exercising. Then used her to start exercising when I began my weightloss journey 6 years ago. I started with her 2 and 3 mile walks DVD-set. They are great. Get your steps in inside. You can up the intensity with a lot of boosts or adding extra arms or reduce it based on your level or how you are feeling. There are so many on YouTube now and I ordered 3 other 5 MILES (1 came damaged. I ordered it from Goodwill via Amazon and it didn't work so I was out 7 dollars. I'll reorder it some day.)
  • baconslave
    Options
    9/3:
    on-plan: :naughty: Spousal sabotage. But it wasn't too bad.
    exercise: :innocent: 1 hour strength training with Sydney Cummings.

I'm going to be gone all weekend. Will move around a bit and make sure 1 hit my steps, but I won't be logging. I'm not complicating my last small vacay. And I don't have wifi anyway. But I'm not going to go crazy and stuff myself. Then it will be nose to the grindstone. So...weather is looking fab for Sat and Sun though we may get rained on setting up tonight. I'm off to do the things, make the rounds on the Groups I mod, workout, shower, pack 6 people's worth of stuff, and etc. Busy busy...
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,770 Member
    Options
    9/2:

I love Leslie Sansone Vids ...Now that I am pain free I am planning on doing some of her dvd's ...I just bought a new one of hers the other day called Just Walk ...walk to the hits party songs featuring HIIT ...I have not tried it but I am thinking about doing it today ..it is a 3 mile one :smile:

She is fabulous! I started using her stuff in college. But quit exercising. Then used her to start exercising when I began my weightloss journey 6 years ago. I started with her 2 and 3 mile walks DVD-set. They are great. Get your steps in inside. You can up the intensity with a lot of boosts or adding extra arms or reduce it based on your level or how you are feeling. There are so many on YouTube now and I ordered 3 other 5 MILES (1 came damaged. I ordered it from Goodwill via Amazon and it didn't work so I was out 7 dollars. I'll reorder it some day.)

I have quite a few of her dvd's .... I don't like her music on most of them so I mute her and turn on my own music and do her steps .... :)
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,366 Member
    Options
    9/3:
    Food logged, protein good but carbs were high.
    Got 11.5k steps in for the day, but no bike ride because the thunderstorms didn't move out until this morning.
  • taylok23
    Options
    9/4
    Close watch rings✅ With strength and a bit over 13k steps
    Calorie goal - a bit over my normal maintenance as for some reason Mexican food was my jam ( both lunch and dinner). I think I was active enough to help balance but ultimately not where I want to be. The weekend may not be great so I’ll buckle down next week.
  • baconslave
    Options
    9/2:

I have quite a few of her dvd's .... I don't like her music on most of them so I mute her and turn on my own music and do her steps .... :)

:joy:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    9/2:

To be honest I find her quite boring ...so I blast my music and follow her steps .,..Its a win win for me :)
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    Haven't been on except to log food, so here's my catch-up:
    9/4:
    Calories good, protein 104g, carbs 129g net
    Exercise - rode 21.7 miles in the morning, then bought mulch and re-mulched all of the flower beds plus other active stuff - steps 15.8k (took the day off work and the BH put me to work around the yard).
    9/5:
    Calories good, protein 133g, 106g net carbs
    Exercise - mowed and edged both yards, spent the majority of the day digging out around a stump in the yard and cutting roots, etc (got about 1/2 of that job done - had to quit because of a storm that blew thru the area) - steps 13.4k
    9/6:
    Calories good, protein 116g, 122g net carbs
    Exercise - active rest day, spent most of the day running errands and cleaning around the house - steps 5.5k
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,585 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Back from camping for the holiday weekend. Food was well planned but had more to drink than normal. Kayaked and walked so I think it was ok. Will weigh in tomorrow.

I have a Leslie Sansone dvd as well and love the steps and 1/3/5 mile options but really can't stand the music. Will have to time hers out and find some of my own to play, thanks for the idea @Megan_smartiepants1970

@baconslave I like 'Eyes on 167'. That mindset was a great motivator for me a few years ago and I need to restart my mini weight loss goals/rewards. All rewards are nonfood to boot o:)
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    9/7:
    Food - calories were good, 130g protein, 123g net carbs
    Exercise - bike ride in the morning (21 miles), active the rest of the day (9.7k steps for the day).
  • baconslave
    Options
    9/2:

To be honest I find her quite boring ...so I blast my music and follow her steps .,..Its a win win for me :)

Whatever works, right?
  • baconslave
    Options
    Back from camping for the holiday weekend. Food was well planned but had more to drink than normal. Kayaked and walked so I think it was ok. Will weigh in tomorrow.

I have a Leslie Sansone dvd as well and love the steps and 1/3/5 mile options but really can't stand the music. Will have to time hers out and find some of my own to play, thanks for the idea @Megan_smartiepants1970

@baconslave I like 'Eyes on 167'. That mindset was a great motivator for me a few years ago and I need to restart my mini weight loss goals/rewards. All rewards are nonfood to boot o:)

Yeah, the videos can be annoying. Sometimes I just tolerate the video, but sometimes listen to music or podcasts as if I were doing my yard stomps.

My reward is getting rid of this annoying pooch-belly I have going on right now. And being able to wear my jeans when it's finally cool enough to wear them.

Now it's truly time to Step It Up. Camping trip is done. Le Grand Saboteur is back to work, which is at home theses days anyway but he's too busy to interfere with my eating plan.
    Here we go.
    Eyes on 167.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I am proud of myself .... I did the entire Leslie Sansone walking to party hits that features HIIT .... great workout and the songs are NOT boring :p I did it for 47 minutes ...she has stretching at the end of the dvd
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I did a 2nd workout today ...A cheesy one but I like it ..Aerobics on Broadway with Richard Simmons 60 minutes :) so far 10,118 steps so far ...I have energy for days :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

You are very welcome for the idea :)
  • taylok23
    Options
    Catching up from a busy long weekend.
    5th-8th
    Close watch rings- 👍🏻👎👍🏻👍🏻Kept up the workouts and had decent steps (21k, 11k, 13k, 16k).

Calorie goals- 👍🏻👎👍🏻 and maintenance today. Sunday was bad news for carbs and drinks but it felt like a relatively balanced weekend. My carbs were up from more veggies than normal plus some off plan stuff. I’m not technically working this week but will be in and out so my schedule may be out of whack. Will have to watch what I eat more closely as I tend to fall out of rhythm when off schedule.