Step It Up! September 2020

Options

Replies

• Mermaid828
    Mermaid828 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I’m new to this group but have been keto (lazy/dirty) for two years. I lost 50 pounds the first year and now have been gaining and losing the same 10 pounds for a year but still have 45 more to lose to hit my goal. So, here I am for accountability:) Goals for September:
    1. Logging my food
    2. Drinking at least 64 ounces of water
    3. Doing yoga 3-4times a week and challenging myself with more difficult work outs.
    4. Lose 5 pounds.

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    9/9:
    Food - calories good (no mindless munchies!)
    Protein - 131g
    Carbs - 102g net
    Exercise - rode 17.5 miles in the morning and got 8700 steps for the day

We are supposed to have a cold front moving thru today, so that should make the morning rides a little easier to take. It's been real muggy the last few days and I come in off the bike dripping sweat everywhere (also takes longer to recover when I get that hot riding).
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    9/9:
    Food - calories good (no mindless munchies!)
    Protein - 131g
    Carbs - 102g net
    Exercise - rode 17.5 miles in the morning and got 8700 steps for the day

We are supposed to have a cold front moving thru today, so that should make the morning rides a little easier to take. It's been real muggy the last few days and I come in off the bike dripping sweat everywhere (also takes longer to recover when I get that hot riding).[/quote]
    :grimace:
    SOON.

9/8:
    logged and on-plan: :innocent:
    exercise: :innocent: 1 hour Sydney video for strength
  • baconslave
    Options
    Sorry for the mess in my post. They've made a change in MFP that boogers up group mods ability to edit. They look like they've tried to give us delete and edit powers for individual posts within the thread, but it doesn't work. It just says "you don't have permission to do that." But it kills the Edit function for our own posts. :unamused:
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    9/9:
    Food - calories were good, logged everything
    Protein - 149g
    Carbs - 79g net
    Exercise - rode 17.7 miles in the morning and finished the day with 7500 steps.

The cold front made it last night... temp was 56 this morning! Made the morning ride somewhat chilly!
  • rich41n
    rich41n Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    9/9:
    Protein - 149g
    Carbs - 79g net

The cold front made it last night... temp was 56 this morning! Made the morning ride somewhat chilly!

Any tips for building endurance for biking? I've been doing ~10 miles two mornings each week and a longer ride on the weekends somewhere between 20-25.....going on 6 weeks now and my quads get burned up every ride. Also, should mention that 3 days/week I do full body strength training (including quads). I feel like my legs never recover. Or is this normal?
  • baconslave
    Options
    9/9:
    Protein - 149g
    Carbs - 79g net

Bet that was brisk! :grimace:
  • baconslave
    Options
    9/9:
    logged and on-plan: :innocent:
    exercise: :innocent: 5ish Miles of Leslie. Durn rain!
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    9/9-9/10
    Close watch rings: ✅✅ 14k steps and nearly 19k with strength thrown in on the 9th. Almost didn’t squeak out the move goal yesterday so I got my bit in gear.
    Calorie goal: maintenance both days. Yesterday was a planned off plan dinner but I ate way more than I needed. I knew it would be a tough week!
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    rich41n wrote: »
    9/9:
    Protein - 149g
    Carbs - 79g net

Any tips for building endurance for biking? I've been doing ~10 miles two mornings each week and a longer ride on the weekends somewhere between 20-25.....going on 6 weeks now and my quads get burned up every ride. Also, should mention that 3 days/week I do full body strength training (including quads). I feel like my legs never recover. Or is this normal?

In my experience, if my quads are burning, I am peddling too hard (too much pressure on the peddles). Riding should be a cardio burn and not a strength burn... if your quads are burning, shift to a lower gear and peddle faster but not harder. My general rule is to keep just enough pressure on my feet to keep them on the peddles without slipping. Try to keep your cadence (number of times your feet make a complete circle) at least at 45 and its better to go for 60 spins per minutes. It will feel awkward until you get used to it, but it will make the rides easier and your quads will not be on fire the entire ride.
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    9/10:
    Food good, logged everything and kept calories in check.
    Protein - 153g
    Carbs - 116g net (little high)
    Exercise - bike ride for 15 miles and 9500 steps for the day.
  • baconslave
    Options
    9/10:
    logged and on-plan:innocent:
    exercise:innocent: 1 hr of strength with Sydney vid
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    9 - food on target some workouts missed, kind of tired and sluggish thus the not working out

10 - food on target, all workouts done, super tired and went to bed early

Overall ok...I think a lot of the tired is the usual post-monthly and will go away in a few days.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,589 Member
    Options
    9/8-9/11 goals met :)
  • gerripo
    gerripo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    After a well earned weight loss to begin the month, it kind of stalled out the next week. But, drum roll, it's starting to melt away again. The horrible part is me recognizing the loss is due in part to having no whiskey since late August. The only thing that makes zero whiskey possible is not having it in the house. If it's here, it freely flows. If it's not here, I can do without. I don't much like doing without, but it's possible.

Today is food prep day. I'll make several Keto casserole type things to portion out and freeze for future use. That helps, too.
  • baconslave
    Options
    gerripo wrote: »
    After a well earned weight loss to begin the month, it kind of stalled out the next week. But, drum roll, it's starting to melt away again. The horrible part is me recognizing the loss is due in part to having no whiskey since late August. The only thing that makes zero whiskey possible is not having it in the house. If it's here, it freely flows. If it's not here, I can do without. I don't much like doing without, but it's possible.

Today is food prep day. I'll make several Keto casserole type things to portion out and freeze for future use. That helps, too.

My heart goes out to you. Whiskey doesn't last long around me either. Hubby keeps vodka. And so I will have a really frickin large drink once a week, but I'm otherwise able to stay out of it b/c...well...it's just not whiskey. :wink:

Congrats on finally getting your losses going again!
  • baconslave
    Options
    9/11:
    logged and on-plan:innocent:
    exercise:innocent:5 Miles of Leslie
  • amckholmes
    amckholmes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am still here, logging my food and bike rides, reading everyone’s posts and trying to not be so discouraged that I give up on this way of eating. The binges are frequent, I have tried upping my protein, upping my fat, increasing my water, even raising my calories - but once the cravings hit I don’t seem to have any will power. It has almost always been sweets, albeit low carb sweets, it’s lots of calories and my weight is inching upward. I have reached the point where two good days in a row is an accomplishment. How long can stress/anxiety eating last before one just decides to move on?! Thank you to everyone who continues to share their stories and their encouragement. Stay well!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,589 Member
    Options
    9/12 Goals met and I even worked out today because I didn't on Monday
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    9/11-9/12
    Close watch rings 👍🏻👎missed the move goal a bit today but still got in over 13k steps both days and a short, leisurely bike ride with hubs.
    Calorie goal- maintenance again both days. Likely didn’t burn as much as I took in today as I drank while we grilled dinner. I tend to only eat once a day on weekends and was ravenous by dinner along with the alcohol. Oh well, I’m going to enjoy these nice days outdoors while they last.