Step It Up! September 2020

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,484 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Goals met but I am beyond frustrated with my weight .... I bought a new wifi scale last month and was weighing myself daily ...It isn't for me so I am going back to weighing weekly... I keep losing/gaining the same 2 lbs ...I am a bigger gal so I should be losing more .... I know weight loss is not linear but something needs to give ... I weigh all my food on a scale ....I drink a lot water ....I workout 5 days a week ... I feel like giving up but I will not do that ..sorry for the rant ughhh

Something going on is masking your loss. Could be hormones, stress, insomnia, digestion, water retention due to exercise...alien weight-control rays from Jupiter landing on you... :smirk: It can't hold out forever if you are doing the right things consistently. It just can't and eventually the moronic machine will show progress. Meanwhile we drive ourselves crazy. Try looking out for NSVs while you wait on your weight to change. Clothes fit, appearance, energy level... Hang in there. :heart:

Thanks ..... I will keep on doing what I am doing
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    So yesterday was better than the day before! Not exactly where I'd like to be but better. I guess this is where "little steps" and "day by day" come in, right? Having a couple of good days (or...better days) makes me feel good and kind of gives me motivation.

I checked in here!
    Calories were down from the day before (still a bit higher than I wanted)
    Macros were good
    Did a strength workout
    However didn't drink enough water
    No wine! ;)

I am a runner....but I have been opting to do indoor workouts lately...I live in a rural area and people have been seeing bears. Something that is quite unusual for here. Not sure if its the dry weather bringing them out or what. But..I know I sure don't want to run into one. Not sure what today's workout will be, but I will do something.

@taylork23 - close watch rings...sounds like an apple watch! I love mine, I should add that to my goal list as well.

Have a great day everyone
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    9/15:
    Food - logged all the food, protein low at 101g, carbs high at 134g net
    Exercise - rode 11 miles in the morning (had a flat so lost riding time replacing the tube), finished the day with 8300 steps by doing garden work in the evening. We are expanding the flower beds in the back yard, so I am redoing the edging stones and removing grass in the new areas.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    maureli wrote: »
    So yesterday was better than the day before! Not exactly where I'd like to be but better. I guess this is where "little steps" and "day by day" come in, right? Having a couple of good days (or...better days) makes me feel good and kind of gives me motivation.

I checked in here!
    Calories were down from the day before (still a bit higher than I wanted)
    Macros were good
    Did a strength workout
    However didn't drink enough water
    No wine! ;)

I am a runner....but I have been opting to do indoor workouts lately...I live in a rural area and people have been seeing bears. Something that is quite unusual for here. Not sure if its the dry weather bringing them out or what. But..I know I sure don't want to run into one. Not sure what today's workout will be, but I will do something.

@taylork23 - close watch rings...sounds like an apple watch! I love mine, I should add that to my goal list as well.

Have a great day everyone

Yep. Making each non-perfect day better than the previous still gets you there.

Yikes on the bears! :grimace:
  • baconslave
    Options
    9/14:
    logged and on-plan:innocent:
    exercise:innocent:strength video with Sydney Cummings
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Goals met but I am beyond frustrated with my weight .... I bought a new wifi scale last month and was weighing myself daily ...It isn't for me so I am going back to weighing weekly... I keep losing/gaining the same 2 lbs ...I am a bigger gal so I should be losing more .... I know weight loss is not linear but something needs to give ... I weigh all my food on a scale ....I drink a lot water ....I workout 5 days a week ... I feel like giving up but I will not do that ..sorry for the rant ughhh

Something going on is masking your loss. Could be hormones, stress, insomnia, digestion, water retention due to exercise...alien weight-control rays from Jupiter landing on you... :smirk: It can't hold out forever if you are doing the right things consistently. It just can't and eventually the moronic machine will show progress. Meanwhile we drive ourselves crazy. Try looking out for NSVs while you wait on your weight to change. Clothes fit, appearance, energy level... Hang in there. :heart:
    :p
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I am feeling better today .... Goals met yesterday ...planning on making some new keto/low carb recipes ...gonna do my Richard Simmons Broadway Sweat aerobics today and tomorrow Leslie Sansone walking to the party hits DVD this one seems to be my favorite so far and I don't actually mute her LOL ....Next Month I will be doing 2 new workouts for the month which will be Zumba and beginners Yoga (I alternate days so 1 week will be 3 days of Zumba and 2 days of Yoga ..then the next week will be 3 days Yoga and 2 days Zumba :)
  • baconslave
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »

:p

:innocent:
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was all good. Food wise. Stepwise. Increased overall activity.

Also, I'm looking forward to check-ins again, which is nice.

Am holding off on grocery shopping as long as possible to give cravings a chance to subside a bit more. Stores or ordering online can be tricky for me...

Sometimes these body vs. mind game strategies backfire on me in mysterious, unforseen ways; but, I do keep at it.

Hope your day goes well, pals.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was good on activity, mediocre on food, more maintenance than loss...argh...I'll get the hang of this, I promise!
  • maureli
    Options
    Good Morning,

Up early this morning, I work part-time/causal and today is a work day. Posting here in the morning before work is my first step to having a good day. Wow, this is good for me! :#

Got my workout in yesterday - Chalene Extreme Burn Circut 1 (feeling it this morning!)
    Closed my circles...oh yeah
    Calories just a tad bit over but very happy with my macros. Total carbs 51g and Net 21g.
    Logged everything
    Drank more water (3x24oz)

Today I will likely not get a workout in. I work a desk job so I might not close all my rings. Did groceries yesterday and bought a few things that I hadn't had in awhile. Some of those Whisps (like cheese crackers...but all cheese) so good but darned expensive. Also bought some Miracle Noodles and some ingredients for a couple of recipes I want to try.

Hope you all have a good day :)

• baconslave
    Options
    Yesterday was good on activity, mediocre on food, more maintenance than loss...argh...I'll get the hang of this, I promise!

So feelin' ya! It's so hard, because the hunger is REAL. :rage:
    We just have to try to trick ourselves into stringing enough days along with deficit to achieve loss. And that is a lot easier said than done sometimes. :unamused:
  • baconslave
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    Yesterday was all good. Food wise. Stepwise. Increased overall activity.

Also, I'm looking forward to check-ins again, which is nice.

Am holding off on grocery shopping as long as possible to give cravings a chance to subside a bit more. Stores or ordering online can be tricky for me...

Sometimes these body vs. mind game strategies backfire on me in mysterious, unforseen ways; but, I do keep at it.

Hope your day goes well, pals.

This. Sometimes we think we have our squirrely minds pigeon-holed, and then they do something else entirely. We just have to keep fighting.
    Have a wonderful day yourself!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    9/16:
    Food good, logged everything, protein 164g, carbs 84g net.
    Exercise - rode for 17.9 miles in the morning and did more work in the gardens in the evening. Finished the day with 9100 steps.
  • baconslave
    Options
    9/15:
    logged and on-plan: :innocent:
    exercise: :innocent: long yard walk before the rains came.

• taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    9/16
    Closed watch rings ✅ strength day plus nearly 16k steps.
    Calorie goal was more toward maintenance since my saboteur struck again. Bah!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Goals met :)
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Yesterday - good on food, good on workouts, more days like this is what I need!
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,587 Member
    Options
    Did some weights yesterday but feeling sluggish with the cold snap in the Northeast. I was enjoying some BPC this week and looked over my logs and see that I'm not getting anywhere near the protein I need. Had my oncology check up (vampires get me every 4 months) no bloodwork issues so I think it's the low protein making me curl up on the couch.

I know how to fix this.
  • maureli
    Options
    No exercise yesterday but I knew that was going to happen. Food was great until the frozen yogurt got me after supper :| But...other than that it was a good day. Calories higher than I wanted and macros were a bit off(due to the frozen yogurt). Also had a glass of wine. I did get a good amount of water in.