What's on your mind today?

Options
12346»

Replies

• juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    These last couple of days... woah.

I have heard from two of my former team. Both are absolutely miserable and being worked to death. Team of 12 is now 11, officially, but four are out on medical, so that left them only seven this week, and I don’t know how they are managing. One told me she’s worked 8 days straight and the other said she’s being scheduled to work all weekends. I saw this coming, which is why I left when I did. I know that sounds awful and selfish, but I know my limitations and temperament, and would more than likely been shown the door or walked off the job. I may be a lot of things, but foolish isn’t one.

My one local friend has kind of dropped off the face. Not sure what’s going on there, but I did have a lovely video chat with a good friend who moved to Wisconsin last year.

Retirement has shown me that since COVID, my socializing was limited to mostly work, and that’s gone, now. I’d like to say that bothers me, but it really doesn’t. People can really be draining, sometimes. My husband has been good about leaving me to my own devices this week, and I am finding that I really appreciate the alone time. This sounds strange coming from an extroverted social butterfly, I’m sure, but hey. I enjoy my own company, I’m finding.

Today’s gratitude list:
    • I’m not breaking my tail pushing beds and not gaining weight. I’m not losing, but I will take that as a win.
    • I’m also not eating as much as I used to. Smaller food bill.
    • Luna-Kitty is growing up so fast. She is starting to play just the littlest bit.
    • The affection of all my fur kids.
    • The part time freelance gig I picked up is going to turn into a long term, administrative thing; work-from-home part time. It’ll cover my insurance.

TGIF, I hope y’all had a great week and will have a good weekend. :heart:
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @juliemouse83 - I’m so happy for you. I can sense your lightness in your posts.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    @juliemouse83 - agree with @readyornot1234

You sound sooo much lighter. And staying stable for a time, especially at the beginning of such a total reset of your lifestyle on so many fronts simultaneously (all good, yet all such a difference compared with less than two weeks ago and what your routine had been leading into that) is excellent!

Allow yourself room (on the calendar) to discover what your true NEW nutrition-eaten / activity-burned relative balance point will settle at, and then go from there.
  • juliemouse83
    Options
    @readyornot1234 and @BMcC9 yes! I have been so much more relaxed the past two weeks. Even getting up to feed Luna at oh-dark-thirty happens easily, because I don’t face each day with dread, wondering what kind of fresh hell is waiting for me later. :lol:

I had been really sad a few months ago, because I had been really active in our Christmas carol choir over the past several years, and KNEW that I wouldn’t be able to this year, if they even do it, because I’d need to be behind beds when the group went from floor to floor that holiday week.

So yesterday it clicked. In all the years I’ve been singing with them, we have had one to three retirees in the group. “Hey,” I said to myself. “You didn’t quit; you retired and that makes you a retiree and eligible to sing any year going forward!” So that is what I’m going to do. If they do it this year? I’m in. :heart: There is also the added bonus that there is a really good possibility that this will make my former boss (he got really involved a couple years back when his BFF started accompanying us) fairly uncomfortable, but you reap what you sow. I am not letting even one nasty person keep me from doing what I enjoy. If he squirms, that’s on him. I don’t have a bad taste in my mouth for the organization, just the one person. 🎄🎶🎵🎶

I also got feedback from the first manuscript that I edited. The author burst into tears when she saw the final copy. I was horrified. My friend/former boss (who hired me for the assignment when her plate overflowed) assured me they were tears of joy. She didn’t ever expect it to look like that! Further proof of what my mom said was right; if you learn how to type? You’ll always be employed.

The current manuscript was requested in PowerPoint format and I just need to put page numbers on the bottom. It was affirmations from a new, first-time dad. 🥰 Very little correction needed and beautiful to read. It is being done in a journal Kind of format. I saw the sample, and put my spin on it, ram it by my friend, who immediately gave me the thumbs up to run with the concept.

Took Misu, Nori and Peaches in for their third kitten series and they all got a clean bill of health. The shots made them sleep most of the day, so that was a nice reprieve from the Spaz Cat Follies, as I like to call them, lol.

Luna (aka Baby Cat) is getting bigger every day!

So that’s my long winded gratitude list for today. Hope y’all are having a great weekend! 😘 (I hope y’all can see the emojis. I’m most often on mobile.)
  • juliemouse83
    Options
    Oh, nuts! 😂🤣😂 I just saw the typos in my post. I promise, I ran the concept by her. There was zero ramming involved. I’m assertive, not aggressive. 😂🤣😂
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.
    As mentioned in my previous posts work has been crazy busy. I have been glued to my laptop for 9-10 hours per day. Once the day is done I just cannot bring myself to spend another hour or so catching up with the various boards on MFP. After this post I will be officially caught up with the UAC team. I have missed everyone.

Work will continue to be crazy for the next two weeks. We are in the final days of our quarter end and then we will be closing the quarter. Lots of number crunching, worksheets, and data analytics coming my way! I am also part of the sales cycle. Last week and the beginning of this coming week will be spent reviewing deals, assisting one of the BDMs (Business Development Manager), and other general chaos.

I am grateful for many things and have been making sure I mentally run through what I am grateful every day even though I have not been posting.

Today's List
    • I am grateful for another day. It is a gift.
    • I am grateful for it being Sunday.
    • I am grateful for my washer and dryer. Both allow me to wash and dry my clothes while doing other things and not having to run out to do the laundry.
    • I am grateful for the overnight rain. I will not have to water the plants today!
    • I am grateful for technology. It allows me to work remote, keep up with friends, research any topic I desire, and keeps me entertained.
    • I am grateful I was able to get myself out of the funk I was suffering through. It's a reminder I have the power and tools to evaluate my emotions and adjust my life to create a more balanced harmony.

I hope everyone is having or had a beautiful day.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    My Reasons to be grateful today:
    • It's a mild sunny day. These will be getting scarcer as autumn progresses, so will make the most of it
    • The new CH boiler is working well. It's so quiet compared to the old one.
    • My spring bulbs have been cleaned and sorted ready for planting out.
    • I have the freedom to choose what I want to do.
    kkeeq43xq69x.jpg

@juliemouse83 It takes time to settle into the new freedom. Time to reflect, and go with the flow after your hectic previous life. I'm delighted that the new gig has come along to ease your way a little. And singing is such a positive activity, which you can enjoy with a light heart form now on.

🦋 Terri
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    Thankful for the beautiful colors provided by nature. These pictures are from yesterday's sunrise. Both are northern shots - with the sunrise reflecting off of the clouds.

reon70l4l565.png

uhb0akiej2zh.png
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    Thankful for another day.
    Thankful Yoga in the Park starts this Saturday! Yeah!!
    Thankful for all of you.
  • juliemouse83
    Options
    Y’all, my biggest gratitude today is the wonderful people in this group! I made it through another month (I think I started in March) with all of you. I started the month employed at a job I was really starting to hate and ended comfortably retired, weighing exactly the same as I did when I started. #winning

You guys have been the one constant, next to my immediate family, and have allowed me to work through the evolving *kitten* show that my life was turning into.

I think I would like to pick up October keeping the gratitude posts going. My 2019 word of the year was gratitude. This year was supposed to be, “balance,” but by mid-March, that went out the window, and I had no choice but to take, “gratitude“ back into the fold for the remainder of the year. Thanks, COVID! It was so hard to maintain balance in healthcare during a pandemic. :lol:

So with gratitude in my heart, I am moving into October with all of you! :heart:

Also, @TerriRichardson112 your words made me feel so relaxed; further confirmation that I did the right thing. I had a FaceTime with my therapist yesterday. I think she was expecting me to be wandering around lost, lol. When she asked how retirement was going for me? I started laughing when I told her it is fabulous! Told her I’m filling my time with freelancing, my own manuscript, and my hobbies, as well as the downsizing at the house. She asked how I was sleeping. I told her I’ve slept like a baby, straight through the night every night for the past two weeks. My sleep tracker can vouch for that. I’ll be emailing the choir coordinator in the morning with my valid email address, asking her to keep me in the loop on practices, if they decide to move forward this year. I wonder what effect masks will have on our acoustics, haha.

Bye, September! Yiu were a life changer for me and I won’t forget it!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    Options
    @juliemouse83
    I’m so delighted that all your ducks have swum into line. Life is full of possibilities and opportunities. All we have to do is become aware of the universality of flow.
    Minds are like parachutes. They work best when they are open.

💕💖💕 Terri