October 11 Sign In

Replies

• josefinejem
    josefinejem Posts: 249 Member
    tlwoodbell wrote: »
    I'm still trying to figure out how to increase my protein intake. I usually have a higher percentage of fat macros over protein, so I'm working to change that. Oh yes, I am a dietary vegan.

I have the same problem, and am mostly vegan too (though have been eating much more non-vegan than I'd like recently while I've been travelling). I don't know how obsessive to be about the protein thing; I find it really hard to get enough without also taking in too much fat. Work in progress.

@alligatorob - great to see you're still keeping on top of things; much respect to you for that. I know many (myself included) would be very tempted to use the surgery as a reason for taking a break, so you're doing great!

• Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited October 2020
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes, cleaned half the windows on my enclosed porch, then went to work and disinfected the public areas for hours, plus slow walked for hours, plus carried a few heavy boxes on purpose for upper body exercise

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

Pass days 1/3
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Yes all 3
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    tlwoodbell wrote: »
    I'm still trying to figure out how to increase my protein intake. I usually have a higher percentage of fat macros over protein, so I'm working to change that. Oh yes, I am a dietary vegan.

I have the same problem, and am mostly vegan too (though have been eating much more non-vegan than I'd like recently while I've been travelling). I don't know how obsessive to be about the protein thing; I find it really hard to get enough without also taking in too much fat. Work in progress.

@alligatorob - great to see you're still keeping on top of things; much respect to you for that. I know many (myself included) would be very tempted to use the surgery as a reason for taking a break, so you're doing great!

While I'm no longer a dietary vegan (<-- LOVE that. I should've said this when people questioned me about wearing leather), I was one for over a decade.

I still have plant-based preferences including regular use of Vega's protien powders. My current staple for the past year or so is Vega Sport Protein (Vanilla) because it's readily available on Amazon Subscribe & Save.