Mission Slimpossible - October 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    @buniphuphu - I agree with what everyone said about your dinner, it looks wonderful, but I noticed something else. Your plate is the cutest thing!
    I read so many times the advice to eat on a blue plate, to help suppress the appetite, but never thought how good it looks to have a beautiful blue design. I’m going to go get myself couple blue fancy plates, where even oatmeal looks luxurious!
    Happy Sunday everyone and sorry for not being good and individual cheers 🎈
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Oh good idea to start thinking about the holidays! I truly think the biggest problem I have around the holidays is the food that is brought into work and, because of COVID, no food is allowed to be brought in (what a blessing in disguise!). On Thanksgiving, I might hit a speedbump and have a big meal that day and the next day but that's it. We stopped with all the leftovers a couple of years ago. And Christmas, we usually make something like lasagna or enchiladas so it's more of a typical meal than a feast like Thanksgiving is. Choosing either the food or the wine sounds like a good strategy, I don't know which I would choose lol.

@Firefly743 That must have been stressful (the drug test and not having enough urine). And then getting hit on top of it! What a terrible person to take off. Geez! Oh my gosh, I'm glad you are okay. What a day you had! Thanks re: the loss. And I agree with the others as far as your loss goes, the scale is unpredictable. I always say it's a crapshoot. Hopefully your next weigh-in you will be down. How I meditate: I take my meditation cushion (picture below) out onto the walkway right outside of my condo and I sit on it and lean my back against my condo. I use an app called Headspace. It's not free, although they may have sample meditations. You can find meditations on YouTube that are free, though, plenty. Basically what I am doing is concentrating on my breath: counting my breath as I breathe in and out and if I have a thought I say to myself, "I'm thinking" and let it go and get back to counting my breath. The app lets me know when my 20 minutes is up. Sometimes I don't go for 20 minutes, sometimes it's only 15. When I first started out, I only meditated for 5 minutes at a time. I hope this helps!

@buniphuphu That looks really good.

Saturday:
    Calories: over/under: under
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: dancing in the kitchen while cooking!
    - track 90% of food intake - 100% accomplished
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night - not accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 50% accomplished
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day - 100% accomplished
    - get up from my desk every hour and stretch - 50% accomplished
    - put my utensil down between bites (CARRYOVER GOAL) - not accomplished
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything (CARRYOVER GOAL) - 100% accomplished
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal (CARRYOVER GOAL) - not accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
    - get up from my desk every hour and stretch
    - put my utensil down between bites (CARRYOVER GOAL)
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything (CARRYOVER GOAL)
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal (CARRYOVER GOAL)

cf0ukle55q8v.jpg
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

li64k6rizgnn.png
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Username: davors19
    Weigh-in week: Week 1
    Weigh-in day: Fri
    Previous Weight: 257
    Todays Weight: 257
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. I just found out I "earned" 1 month of Headspace to give to a friend by completing 15 days in a row of meditating. So, @Firefly743 or anyone else, if you want a month of free Headspace to try, please let me know... I just need your email to send it to you! :)
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten through all of today's posts, I'm sorry, but my son just called me - yay! He's back from his ship (been out to sea for a month) and wants to link up (PS4s). Love you all, but I love him more :wink:

@TwistedSassette – the skin on the delicate was not thick at all. Rather enjoyable eating it because it was a nice contrast to the soft flesh.

@Katmary71 – I’d love to know your chili powder blend. I love spicy! I hope your mouth is feeling better.

@buniphuphu – I love your frequent trips around the pool! What a great way to stretch and take a moment to breathe while also getting in your steps! Yes, the squash was delicious! I have never grilled squash, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. You’ll have to let me know if your hubby finds it and gives it a go on the grill. How funny that you posted that delicious photo of the buttercup…because I just bought one for the first time a couple days ago! We are twinsies!

@TeresaW1020 – I’m glad your mouth is feeling better. So what do you and your hubby do when you visit Atlanta? I’m just wondering if it’s the same thing as us SW Michiganders that will drive over to Chicago for the day (it’s only 2 hours)…we just wander around the main drag and see what we happen to see. No actual destination in mind. And WOOT WOOT on ONEDERLAND!

@Firefly743 –You may also see DD (Dear Daughter), DS (Dear Son), etc. And regarding your loss yesterday…a loss is a loss is a loss! Celebrate that you lost and didn’t gain  How horrible about getting hit. What a jerk! And hopefully your son has been scared straight. We all know the horrible repercussions of a speeding ticket. No thank you!

@Cornanda – Congrats on your awesome loss!

@adhmrh – I love walking trails, too!

@emj90210 – Super congrats on your non-smoking! And how fantastic you nipped the weight gain in the bud so quickly!

@cherrymajoni – I’m so glad you’re back! I hear ya on the exercise front. I’m still healing from my second ankle surgery, so trying to get in a decent walk everyday just has not been happening like it should. We can do this, though!

@AustinRuadhain – That is awesome that you fixed your oven! My oven hasn’t worked in years…evidently it’s the part that guides the flame to the gas and because my oven is so old, the part isn’t manufactured anymore. I ended up buying a fancy toaster oven. It works just fine…except it’s just slightly too small to fit a 9x13 pan in. Now you’ve inspired me to try finding that part again…maybe one is laying around an old repair shop somewhere…

@itsmegina – OMGoodness! I’m in the same boat. I’m working from home 4 days per week now (just go into the office on Tuesday mornings) and it is way too easy to pause my work and wander around the kitchen.

@trooworld – DANG! You are rockin’ that weight loss! Nice job!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    Week 2
    PW: 195.4
    CW: 195.0
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Yayyy on your loss this week! We went to one of the towns that is part of the greater Atlanta to do some shopping. I bought a Lazy Boy recliner that won’t be here until next March because of the fabric I picked out. And we also bought a new credenza for the front entryway that will be here this week. But yes, if go down to the main drag of Atlanta we usually end up browsing very overpriced shops and eating yummy but overpriced food. :grin:

Hi everyone! Today has been a good day. I worked out hard this morning and then went to church, which I always enjoy. Once home, I just chilled out today and worked my puzzle and listened to my newest podcast find. Low Carb MD Podcast. I started with episode one and I’m sure I will be binging it until I listen to them all. :)

100-Day Challenge Goals: Day 19
    1. Fast clean for 19+ hours, with 2 days at 23+ hours. Fasted 21 hours
    2. Workout six days a week (either BOD program, treadmill, or deep cleaning). 80 Day Obsession program-60 minute booty.
    3. Eat at least 90% on plan, which means mostly low carb with one or two days of high-carbs. I did pretty well today but still had too much bread with dinner.
    4. Have quiet time with God through prayer and reading. Had a lovely time at church today.

4d6bsusin4tr.png

• TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,618 Member
    Options
    @buniphuphu Your chicken & veg meal looks great! I've never heard of buttercup squash :lol: but it looks nice!

@Hilogirl2018 Sorry about your gain this week. Time to wipe the slate clean and start again. You got this!

@apple852hk You walked 11 miles?! I would die. Let alone two days in a row! :open_mouth: With the Zoom meetings, I know some people walk around their house while on the call - is that an option? Might keep you awake better than chocolate!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Yay! Glad your son is back from his ship and able to link up with you!

@judi_kay_4 A four pound loss? That's amazing!

Congrats to all our losers this week - you are all such an inspiration.

I had a very busy, active day yesterday. Started out with the 10-mile ride on my stationary bike. Then I helped hubby pull up a bunch of pavers across our driveway so we could re-lay them as we're putting in an automated sliding gate and the driveway was so uneven that we couldn't attach the track for the gate wheel! So we needed to pull up about 70 or so pavers, level the ground underneath and put some sand & cement mix down before re-laying the pavers. Such a tedious job, but we got it done in the end. It took about half an hour to pull the pavers up, and about four hours to re-lay them! All while wrangling a toddler who is car-obsessed and wanting to go out on the road. So today I am quite sore, especially in my hamstrings from all the bending over! But the driveway is good to go now and hubby will work on laying the track and setting up the electric motor over the next couple of days (he's a stay at home dad with our toddler so he'll be limited to a couple of hours in the daytime while kiddo naps, and a couple of hours after I get home from work).
    But then I was starving and overate at dinner :frowning: so ended up with a small calorie surplus.

It's Monday morning now, so I'm aiming for this week to be an active one and to make some healthy choices!

100 DAY CHALLENGE GOALS
    Day 19: Sunday 11 October
    1. Log calories eaten: Yes - 10/19
    2. 20 mins exercise: Yes - 9/19
    3. Record a calorie deficit: No - 8/19
  • adhmrh
    adhmrh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Congrats on all the losses, WOW!! Our group is filled with awesome people who are really inspiring!!!

@buniphuphu you dinner looked awesome!!!

@Firefly743 What a week you have had. My goodness!! I know I am normally an every other week loser, lol. I don't know why - have always chalked it up to hormones. Tomorrow is a brave, new day! You got this!!

I skipped a day reading and realized I am so far behind. I have read through all the post and really like seeing how everyone is doing. Sunday's are so busy, I'm on staff at a local church, and I have to be up so early that I claim this a no exercise day. :wink: But I do follow my plan and try to at least get in 5,000 steps. I'm short about 600 steps so it looks like I will be walking the dog tonight. :smile:

Today starts a brand new week. My goals:

Stay on plan with food
    IF 14:10
    Workout 6 of 7 days
    7-8 hrs sleep each night
    Start my day with prayer and reading the Word

Hope everyone has an awesome week!!!

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Really Belated Saturday Check-in (I started this and had not posted it; oops)
    🟢Food on plan weighed & logged
    🔴Calories in the "Green" ; nope, I didn't get as much exercise as I planned!
    🟢Workout: 45 min+/6 days-wk
    🟢Over 10K steps
    🟢Only the one planned snack, no trigger foods
    🟢 In bed by 12

Sunday Plans / Check-in
    🟢Food on plan weighed & logged
    🟢Calories in the "Green"
    🟢Workout: 45 min+/6 days-wk
    🟢Over 10K steps
    🟢Only the one planned snack, no trigger foods
    ⚪In bed by 12 (yikes! better run! not looking like I will make it, but will try!)
    Went shopping today and came home with nothing off-plan. Yay!

Random pretty things: Does anyone else here love period European music? If yes, you might like the music of Christina Pluhar and L'Arpeggiata. I am currently stuck on this group's versions of some baroque dancing songs (like this one).
    Sharing this with my teenager had him share this fabulous version of Smells Like Teen Spirit in classical Latin with me.
    @Katmary71 - Would a medieval riff on a Black Sabbath song be up your alley?
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    @EMJ90210 @trooworld @davidji82 Congratulations, go team!

@vegan4lyfe2012 It's Penzey's Medium-hot chili powder. I'm tempted to get more but don't want to order more than that so I may go with The Spice House and see what they have, they have spices they ship in flat packs so you're not paying to have just one spice shipped. I love going to the Penzey's store when I visit my aunt in Washington.

@AustinRuadhain I'm posting this BEFORE I click the link for a change, haha!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain LOL, that's hilarious! I'm surprised I haven't come across that, I get really weird recommendations from YouTube because of all the different music I listen to. Today I was listening to MC Hammer with an ad banner for Metalhead dating across the screen, I actually took a picture of it (lately it's been a Sees Candy ad which drives me crazy because then I want some!). I found a 2Cellos Smells Like Teen Spirit that I almost posted!

Exercise- usual stuff plus planks and squats (just started them again, I'll see how it goes)
    Calories- a few over

Hey gang, just wrote out all that's going on but it was too grouchy so I deleted it all. I'm still hanging in there, had more obstacles thrown my way so now I have to work at attacking them from different angles. Hope you're all doing well!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Thank you! I hope you enjoy your linking time with your son and congrats on your loss, too. :)

@TeresaW1020 It's always fun to find a new podcast to listen to, isn't it?

@TwistedSassette That sounds like an intense workout (the pavers)! No wonder you are sore.

Hi all. I've really enjoyed my 4 days off. Now, it's back to work! :) Today is going to be a challenge: due to COVID, we have limited the amount of staff that is working at one time and I'm most likely going to be working by myself. I have to work 9:30-1:30 and I don't know if I'll be able to eat anything. :/ I'm really worried about it. I will eat something before I go, of course, and I'll bring something in hopes that I can eat, but in reality, I may not be able to eat until I get home (I live 45 minutes away from work), which will be 2:15!

Sunday:
    Calories: over/under: under
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    - track 90% of food intake - 100% accomplished
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night - not accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 50% accomplished
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day - 100% accomplished
    - get up from my desk every hour and stretch - 100% accomplished
    - put my utensil down between bites (CARRYOVER GOAL) - 100% accomplished
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything (CARRYOVER GOAL) - 100% accomplished
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal (CARRYOVER GOAL) - 100% accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
    - get up from my desk every hour and stretch
    - put my utensil down between bites (CARRYOVER GOAL)
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything (CARRYOVER GOAL)
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal (CARRYOVER GOAL)
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    @trooworld--- how did you day go? I get worried when I can't eat also. I do better if I can have a snack if I need one, because sometimes I get shaky, cranky and headachey if I can't eat. I also have a job where I can't always do that, so in that situation, I like protein shakes. You can stash it behind your computer and take a sip in between what you are doing. I like Muscle milk light- 100 calories and cheap at Walmart. And then maybe bring a little something to eat on the way home so you don't want to stop for food. Hope things went OK. I thought of you today!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 – Next March!?! What fabric did you pick? Something hand-woven by pygmy monkeys? Glad you’re getting what you want, though :smile:

@TwistedSassette – Installing your own motorized gate? Impressive! Are you adding for extra safety while your little guy is outside playing? You’ll have to share a picture of all your hard work when it’s done. I’m sure you needed those extra calories from all that work!

@Katmary71 – I hear such great things about Penzey’s but haven’t checked out their website. I thought maybe you had a concoction that you came up with :smile: Anyway, hang in there!

I had a great, long conversation with my sister the other day. We talked about my weight loss obstacles and she mentioned something I never thought of…that maybe my daughter keeps bringing me fattening snacks because she subconsciously wants me to be like her Nana (who is 235 pounds). I had a conversation with my daughter. She got upset and said that wasn’t what she was thinking. Anyway, I told her that she needed to just STOP bringing me junk to eat. (When she buys me food, I feel obligated to eat it because she doesn’t have a lot of money to be buying things and I don’t want it to be wasted money.) I think I may have finally broken through her brain today. We’ll see how it goes.

Lunch today was leftover Israeli CousCous, Delicata squash, and jalepeno black beans with a tiny side salad (cause I’m out of greens now). I’ve consumed 40 ounces of water, so I’m well on my way to my daily 100 ounce goal. And I’m going to take a drive over to the State Park for a nature walk before the rains hit us.

I hope you are all having a decent Monday. If you’re struggling, come chat with us. Hugs to you all!
  • anido1
    anido1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Username: anido1
    Check in day: Monday
    PW: 152
    CW: 151
This discussion has been closed.