Waist Aways - October 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day ! Yesterday was good, although I went over calories, and only earned 2 of my 3 dollars... We went out to dinner with my daughter, so it was worth it...

Today is good, although tonight will be busy, I have to take one of the kitties to the vet,so that will be a while...

Not sure if I will get any work walks in as it's pretty dreary here, but it's supposed to clear up, so we shall see...

• once_mas
    once_mas Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Steph1498 wrote: »
    , or if I am going to the gym I set up my bag for the day, or I tell someone my plan for the next day. It helps me (and them) to keep me accountable.

On days when I want to try a new workout I pull up a YouTube video from POPSUGAR fitness. They have a wide variety of positive energy routines - if I don't feel like exercising right away I just put one on in the background and eventually I am trying something... :blush:

@Steph1498 These seems helpful for me, thanks for sharing :)

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,109 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day!

I had a good visit with the doc today that has resulted in some hope for the terrible hump on my butt that has been there since April when I had a fall. There is hope it might be gone one of these days! I'm feeling hopeful that I'll be able to sit normally, lie on my back, and wear trousers that fit well again. They drained a lot of it today, and even if it comes back somewhat, they can do it again, and eventually remove it surgically if needed. It is not all mixed in with the muscle fibres as they had feared - it all got encapsulated on top of the muscle. I am so relieved!

OK, then I celebrated with way too many calories, and I cannot exercise for 24 hours... no happy dances quite yet!

I hope you are all having a good one - keep well!

@coffeetwist ? I hope you're still with us - post your weigh in and some news if you are! :heart:
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    @jugar that is awesome news! we await updates on the impending happy dance.

I am proud of myself today. This week has been eh/middling for me - good workouts, but lots of after-dinner snacking. Today, work absolutely threw me like 4 very frustrating curve balls. I have found that a bad day at work is one of my most common and destructive triggers for a binge. It was not looking good. I reached out to my friend that runs a virtual yoga sculpt class on Wednesdays to say that I might not make it to tonight's class because I was in such a foul mood and on the brink of a binge and not in the headspace for yoga at all. She was really encouraging and understanding, and I have another friend I talk to almost daily who is also trying to be healthier and she said, just set aside a snack you can have when work is done.

Ultimately, I didn't even need that! I eventually got things as solved as they could be at work (still a mess, but a somewhat smaller mess?), I had a really good almost 2-mile run followed by a walk back home, and I ended up joining the yoga class. I was not as focused as I usually am in there, but still. I needed it. And dinner was mostly prepped already so that was filling and no-hassle.

I also tried almond milk for the first time! It tastes so similar to my 1% but less than 1/3 the calories? What the hell have I been doing. :lol:
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Yikes! I have not been moving much lately. It’s affecting my mood. The day is early here so I’m going to get something in today.
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I apologize for my lack of participation the last few days. I ended up with a migraine and looking at the screen was painful. So far this morning I feel better thankfully.

My steps for the first half of this week will not be too impressive. When I don't feel well I don't force it. Today I work 12 hours so there's not much time or energy for exercise unfortunately, but I plan to workout tomorrow and Saturday I'll be collecting wood so that will be something.

@jugar something inspirational I've read is a book titled Life is Hard, Food is Easy. It helps explain and offers tips and solutions to the mental component of weight loss.

@conleywoods it sounds like you have a good plan in place! I hope you enjoy your break and feel refreshed at the end 😊

@micki48 I'm sorry you're feeling so down. When we look for it, there's a lot to worry about. We can also look for the good and find a lot there too. I hope you find some more good soon.

@AshenMoon that's an impressive loss!! 👏👏👏
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was good, was well below my calories, like under 1k... But if I add the previous day to it, I was right on target for both days... lol - :smiley:

We took the kitty to the vet, it's nothing medical, although they couldn't get a urine sample so she goes back on friday and gets to hang out for a while till they can get one, vet thinks it is stress related ( she often gets beat up by my kitty,Lily, cause she is kind of a bully, but at the same time she is a protector, she once went after the dogs because, I guess she deemed we were playing too rough) So poor Sophie is on happy , calming meds and I am using a Feliaway diffuser, so hopefully that will help... Sophie is my daughters cat, but she can't have her where she lives, so she is kinda my ward, although she does pay me a monthly maintenance fee...

It's another dreary day here, although it's just fog today, yesterday I went on my 1st walk and had to cut it short cause it started drizzling, but it cleared up some in the afternoon, so I got my 2nd one in with no problem.

Okay well I hope you have a wonderful day !

• jugar
    Options
    Kali225 wrote: »
    @jugar that is awesome news! we await updates on the impending happy dance.

I am proud of myself today. This week has been eh/middling for me - good workouts, but lots of after-dinner snacking. Today, work absolutely threw me like 4 very frustrating curve balls. I have found that a bad day at work is one of my most common and destructive triggers for a binge. It was not looking good. I reached out to my friend that runs a virtual yoga sculpt class on Wednesdays to say that I might not make it to tonight's class because I was in such a foul mood and on the brink of a binge and not in the headspace for yoga at all. She was really encouraging and understanding, and I have another friend I talk to almost daily who is also trying to be healthier and she said, just set aside a snack you can have when work is done.

Ultimately, I didn't even need that! I eventually got things as solved as they could be at work (still a mess, but a somewhat smaller mess?), I had a really good almost 2-mile run followed by a walk back home, and I ended up joining the yoga class. I was not as focused as I usually am in there, but still. I needed it. And dinner was mostly prepped already so that was filling and no-hassle.

I also tried almond milk for the first time! It tastes so similar to my 1% but less than 1/3 the calories? What the hell have I been doing. :lol:

There is a lot to love about this. What a great example of turning things around - the awareness of how you were set up for a binge, taking the steps to connect with the right people and getting the thoughts out of your own head to be shared with others, then moving your body instead of stuffing it. Win, win, win. Thank you so much for sharing that - I'm sure you were tired and not feeling like sitting in front of the screen to do that, but it is truly inspiring and a good reminder to everyone. There is no way to avoid those stressful situations, but changing our solutions away from destructive eating is what we're all trying to do. :heart:

And yes, almond milk is another great solution! I switched to it about a year or so ago, and there's no looking back.
  • jugar
    Options
    @YinxFed
    10,000 steps! You're a star.

@Steph1498
    Hope you're out there moving your bod and your mood!

@jguldi11
    Migraines are horrible. I'm glad it has passed along - keep your water intake up and hope it does not come back :heart:

I'm clearing stuff out of my basement today. Ugh. But it will be good to make some space and get rid of some of the clutter that built up. Somehow my son moved a lot of stuff in there and it never left. Well, today's the day!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    @jguldi11 I so sympathize with migraines. They are the worst. Hope you feel better now!

@jugar <3 thank you! I did go back and forth about posting that, by the end of the day, work does fade to the background so I felt a little like I overreacted, but hey - we should praise ourselves when we feel like it!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    spyro88 wrote: »
    @micki48 That's the spirit - keep on going lovely :) A 30lbs loss is fantastic, doesn't matter how long it took you, and even if you haven't lost much recently you have maintained. I recommend you go find something that weighs 30lbs, pick it up and see how far you've come! That's what you were carrying around every. single. day.

I am feeling election stress on behalf of you guys (and the world I think!) - can't imagine what it's like over in the US. Fingers crossed for a good result, or as good as we can hope for!

P.S. Did you see any shooting stars??

Great idea! I'm going to look for something that is thirty pounds. Wait! I think my granddaughter is about 30 pounds!!! LOL :D I surely couldn't carry her around all day, but it is easier carrying her now. Wow! Thanks for that reality check @spyro88.

Hoping for a peaceful, sane outcome to this election. Thanks for the good thoughts. It will be so nice to have a new president and not have to wonder what crazy thing happened every day. Fingers crossed.

I did not see any shooting stars, but I think it was too early for the most activity. Boo. I think it's so cool when you do. I may look again tonight.
  • micki48
    Options
    YinxFed wrote: »
    Step and Exercise update for 20th October:

10000 steps (I promise I didn't make this figure up!) including 1 hour at my new running club (still not a proper runner).

Hope you've all had a happy Hump Day.

FANTASTIC!!! You go girl! You have doubled your steps there. Way to go, Yinka!
  • micki48
    Options
    @jugar Glad to hear you got some good news on the butt situation. Like Kristi said, it has been way too long and you have been patient even those you may not have always felt like it. Hope it is all resolved soon. Then, dance away!

@jguldi11 Thank you. It's not feeling sad or down as much as stressed and apathetic about my journey here. I haven't given up for sure. After two years, so many things become habits. I just haven't been as careful, I haven't logged, and I haven't checked in as much. It will be better in a few weeks, I hope. I know I have to recommit to this. Just too much else going on right now. I will take each day as it comes and try to be a little better. I am here right now and that beats yesterday. And I really do miss you all when I am not here. It's just sometimes, my mind is full with all that other stuff or trying to avoid touching my phone or computer. That is it sometimes as well.

So glad to catch up with everyone's news. @Terytha New outfits sound like a fabulous idea. Can we have a fashion show when you get them? We'd love to see how great you look in your new clothes.

It has been gorgeous and crazy warm here this week. I have gone on lots of walks with the little one to check out the Halloween decorations. She never ever gets tired of seeing them. She is not frightened by them because she loves the human body/skeleton, so she doesn't see them as scary. She told me today that she loves to go on walks with me. We also have had an incredible deluge of acorns from the oak trees in our neighborhood. I'm a little worried. I've heard that means a harsh winter. I don't know if that's true or not. It's happened one other time since we've lived here, but I can't remember what that winter was like. Anyway, she found a pile about two feet high and had a great time climbing to the top and standing on all those acorns.

Step results soon...

Oh, saw this guy on a walk yesterday at our Bog Garden.
    wb5up1fs47kd.jpg
  • micki48
    Options
    u25tz6yhouso.png

STEP TEAM OCTOBER CHALLENGE WEEK 2 RESULTS

TOTAL TEAM STEPS - 506,636

az8s361nnpxt.png

STEP STARS

1st - @jugar 115,707
    2nd - @KellyBgetsfit 109,069
    3rd - @Kali225 100,136

Second time our same top three steppers have all been over 100,000!!! Way to go ladies!!!

TEAM MEMBERS MEETING DAILY STEP GOAL

@jugar 6/7
    @KellyBgetsfit 7/7
    @Kali225 7/7
    @Micki48 4/7
    @jguldi11 5/7

Great Work Team!!!!!

pllga6wbcgiz.png
This discussion has been closed.