Waist Aways - October 2020 Team Chat

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,102 Member
edited October 2020 in Social Groups
j7ls5e4ab1fv.png

Here is your Team chat room for October 2020. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @1theresamcvean and @minstrelofsarcasm
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare and @angmarie28
Weight No More - @GingerPwr and @KUMEcyclingteam
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari
Downsizers - @Marigorringo

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. The total will be by month, and cumulative - so you can really rack them up and get to your goal even if you never hit the top of the leaderboard.

In an effort to recognize accomplishments, we are using an optional addition to the weigh in format called LOSS TO DATE or LTD. Please just leave this new line off if you do not want to participate. Here is the new format:

Username
Weigh In Day
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):
LTD (Loss to Date):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the elite Goal Zone! After hitting your goal, you need support to stay there, and you can help your teammates join you. You must continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    @micki48 steps for me thus far:

qf091sof2trb.png

I believe that is 97k+ so as long as I meet my goal today, I should be well over the elusive 100k! Woo

Happy Saturday all! I'm taking a shopping trip to Yankee Candle to find some fall-scented tea lights. And knowing me, I will also pick up an additional 2-3 giant candles that I don't need but such is life.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Welcome to new and returning members of Waistaways for October. I'm Michele, 56, stay at home grandma (after 20+ years teaching) and live in North Carolina. I've been a member of this team since February 2019. I am co-captain of this team with the amazing @jugar. I also run the weekly step challenge for anyone interested in an additional challenge and mostly, accountability.

So, I started this journey because I was pretty close to my all time high of 223.5 and knew I wasn't going to get healthy on my own. Joining F2F and Waistaways has been the best thing I have ever done for myself. The support, encouragement, and motivation I have gotten being part of this group has been unparalleled. My first year I lost around 25 pounds. Pretty reasonable for a woman of my age who is in the midst of heading toward menopause and all the fun stuff that comes with that. The past 6 months have been another thing. I have had plateaus before and like Liselyn said there is a lot to be learned from them. My last 6 months I have gone up and down the same 3-4 pounds and it has been frustrating, but I am still here, because going anywhere else isn't going to make the scale move. I finally had a net loss in September and plan to make October even better. I did not log in September and it went pretty well. But, I’m thinking I may log in October to see if it helps more.

My goals for October are:

1. Net loss for month - I'd like to be in the 180s by month's end.
    2. Meet my daily step goal of 9,000 steps 5/7 days or more.
    3. Schedule workouts at least 3x week, where I get into cardio or peak zone.
    4. Eat mindfully. Stop when full.
    5. Use the tracker and participate in the challenges.

Have a great October. This is an awesome group with so much collective knowledge about this journey. Glad you're here!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Step Challenge October

Who is in?

If you are interested in being on our step team, let me know what your daily step goal is. You may report your steps daily or all at once at the end of the week. (Our week runs Sunday to Saturday). Please have all steps in by Sunday afternoon.

• jugar
    Options
    @ashenmoon
    Welcome! It is so good to know a bit about you. I'm sure you'll find gardening, cooking, and gaming friends in here. If you're comfortable to let us know your name that would be lovely! Not everyone does, but it is good to know what to call people sometimes. We list them on the monthly spreadsheets so if you want to look anyone up, you can do that any time. Just go over to check it out any time -
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qZXl16JSLzB6ZDZFu9AtSfXTbFhSYUH-xip7fPsNsuo/edit?usp=sharing

It is good to make sure I put in the right weights, and to review how you are doing once you're here for a few weeks.
  • jugar
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    My goals for October are:

1. Net loss for month - I'd like to be in the 180s by month's end.
    2. Meet my daily step goal of 9,000 steps 5/7 days or more.
    3. Schedule workouts at least 3x week, where I get into cardio or peak zone.
    4. Eat mindfully. Stop when full.
    5. Use the tracker and participate in the challenges.

Have a great October. This is an awesome group with so much collective knowledge about this journey. Glad you're here!

I'm remembering the days when your goals were much more modest, or not organised at all! Look at the amazing progress you have made in activity and how you have refined so that you improve. And hitting the 180s? You can get there I'm sure! #5 makes #1-4 work :wink: You go!
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @ashenmoon
    Welcome! It is so good to know a bit about you. I'm sure you'll find gardening, cooking, and gaming friends in here. If you're comfortable to let us know your name that would be lovely! Not everyone does, but it is good to know what to call people sometimes. We list them on the monthly spreadsheets so if you want to look anyone up, you can do that any time. Just go over to check it out any time -
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qZXl16JSLzB6ZDZFu9AtSfXTbFhSYUH-xip7fPsNsuo/edit?usp=sharing

It is good to make sure I put in the right weights, and to review how you are doing once you're here for a few weeks.

Thank you for the welcome @jugar :smile:
    My name is Hannah, or am happy being referred to by my username or "Moon" - whatever is comfortable really!
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Jess/ Spyro! I'm 31 and live on the South Coast of the UK. I joined this group back at the beginning of September and very happy to be back here again! It has really spurred me on to keep going with my weight loss and I have loved the group chit chat and getting to know people. @jugar and @micki48 are fab team captains and motivators.

I'm happy to accept friend requests from anyone in this group :)

Welcome to the new members! @AshenMoon I think we have a lot in common - I am a gamer too and an artist! Do you have an instagram? I'd love to see your work. I have been considering buying Ring Fit Adventure too, do you find it a good workout? I am worried I would just play it twice and get bored of it haha :D

I am also engaged and was due to get married back in April. We have postponed to April 2021. We were so gutted, especially about cancelling our honeymoon to Japan! So I know how it feels... here's hoping we can have our weddings next year!

Best of luck to everyone for October! :)
  • jugar
    Options
    Hello all!

I'm thick in the midst of end-of-week-and-month tallies for all the teams - so just a quick hi! I am so excited that we have our first member from New Zealand! Where tomorrow starts today! Welcome @coffeetwist :heart: It is fine to report your weights in kg - I live in Canada where we are all bilingual, and the calculation is on speed dial. We have lots of members in Canada, the UK, and Europe, so report in whatever you like. I still can't quite get my head around stone, but that's what calculators are for, right? The spreadsheet is in pounds, so we make do.

Everyone on the team should send friend requests to me and my awesome co-captain @micki48 . If we send out too many at once, mfp thinks we're starting a scam or something. So please friend us both! Thanks!

back later. gotta get those stats done :sweat_smile:
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Sun 13,992
    Mon 15,556
    Tues 11,085
    Wed 8,029
    Thurs 12,706
    Fri 13,743
    Sat 2,898 (I was under the weather yesterday)

I didn't workout this week other then walking. For some reason, my fitbit shows I did several elliptical workouts this week! It was just walking.

• AshenMoon
    Options
    Wow @spyro88 we do have a lot in common! Here's my Instagram https://www.instagram.com/hellmoonhv/ I've been a bit light on work with it being inktober (planning my posts in groupings for inktober). I'd love to see your work as well!

RFA is great, it's really like you're playing a video game - there's leveling/stats, gear, consumables (you collect ingredients for Stat boosting smoothies), various monsters with different abilities, and really scenic environments that you jog through. It's a great workout too, the first 5 or 6 sessions got me breathing hard and sweating in 15 minutes haha 😁. People rave about it on the RFA subreddit too, even experienced/fit people are impressed with the workout it gives them.
  • AshenMoon
    Options
    Nice @Terytha we have a little group of gamers in here! Beat Saber seems very cool, I've heard it's a very good workout as well 😁
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh in:

PW - 183.4
    CW - 183.2

Steps and exercise update for 3rd October:
    Steps - 1867
    Exercise - none

And can I please stay on the Steppers team @micki48 ? My target daily steps is 6000

Happy Sunday everyone!
This discussion has been closed.