@trooworld
    @Kali225
    @schlerin

vn787c8d7wdi.png

• once_mas
    once_mas Posts: 160 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    Hello @mbakhtiaruz !

Your plan sounds excellent - make the changes small(ish) and easy to do every day, and you'll get there. Several of us do Pilates every day, and I'm sure you will have company on the logging and sugar challenges. It is not always easy, but it feels so good when you get it right. Not every day has to be perfect :smile:

I lived in the Netherlands for almost 2 years way back in 1978-79 before moving to Canada. It was a wonderful time. I was in Den Haag studying at the Koninklijk Conservatorium (music conservatory). Where do you live? I really need to go back and visit again when the pandemic calms down. I try to go every couple of years to see old friends.

Off to errands. Ugh. Have a great Monday!
    @jugar Thanks for the advice, I will try to do my best :) Oh, cool! I live in Amsterdam, I hope this corona situation gets better asap, so you be able to visit NL sooner!

Have a nice day as well :)
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Oh my where did September go?? Welcome to our new members 😊 you will find this team to be highly motivating and gracious.

I'm Jackie and I've been a member of this team for a few months now. I live with my husband of 8 years, our cat Fiona, and new puppy Lola in Michigan, USA. I work as a therapist for mental health and addictions.

My main reason for wanting to lose weight is to be healthier and have a baby. We've been trying for our first since August 2018. It's been very challenging as I have PCOS, which also makes weight loss a struggle. I had lost over 40lbs (from 269lbs to about 226lbs) but between fertility meds, holidays, and then COVID-19 stress and gym closure I gained some back (up to 245-ish back in April). I've been trying for the past several months to get out of the 240's.

I've been a bit stuck this last month, starting October at 244.8 lbs (@jugar).

I'm starting to feel rather frustrated with myself which can be motivating.

For October to be successful I will need to get my butt back in gear. I'm hoping that when the work audit finishes on Oct. 13 I will make myself a priority again.

My current calorie goal is 1450/day and I find more success when I eat no more than 1550 on the days I'm more physically active. I'm also going to continue my goal of 3 days of intentional exercise each week and get back on track with my daily step goal of 5000 at least 5 days per week. I need to cut out excess sugar and cut down on eating at restaurants. Ultimately I need to log everything again, participate in this group more, and practice better coping when hunger and cravings kick in.

Here's to a successful October!
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    @micki48 I would like to continue on the step team with a daily goal of 5000. Here are last week's steps:

9/27: 1899
    9/28: 5701⭐
    9/29: 5065⭐
    9/30: 5314⭐
    10/1: 3706
    10/2: 3197
    10/3: 8825⭐
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    I am having a really hard time. My Thursday weigh in really took the wind out of my sails. I gained even more over the weekend. I logged and worked out this weekend but my motivation is not great. I'm definitely having some hormone stuff and then I stress out and it's worse. Trying to keep going through the motions but I can't get out of my funk.

Kristi, give yourself some grace. Our hormones can wreak havoc on how we feel. Just lean into this and wait to get past it. You know so much about how to do this. Just review your notes...or wait until you feel better. But, I believe in you and know that when you are ready you will nail this. You also need to remember that you are still trying to find balance with returning to a stressful school situation. So, breathe...dance...smile...look into that mirror and say, "I can do this. I am successful. I recognize that my body goes through cycles and I will give myself grace and not beat myself up." Hugs to you. You got this!!! :smile: <3
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,052 Member
    Steps and exercise update for 4th October

Steps - 3279
    Exercise - none

AND missing update for 29th September
    Steps - 4616
    Exercise - 37 mins Step workout

Sorry @micki48 !
  • coffeetwist
    coffeetwist Posts: 18 Member
    edited October 2020
    Hi everyone :)

I am Masoumeh 33years old and living in Netherlands. This is the first time in my life that I join for a health/diet challenge and so excited about it :smiley:

3.5 years ago I was 18kg lighter and used to bike and exercise (pilates, steps, xco) on daily basis. But then I started going back to the university for a master program and didn't have time to even leave the house for a walk and I had lots of stress eating and addicted to the added sugar

@mbakhtiaruz I totally understand the stress of university life too! We are the same age and I'm in the midst of a Masters programme as well - I finish in May 2021, and I can't wait! It is so good to see the end of the tunnel approaching, as it certainly wreaks havoc on trying to keep up healthy habits!
  • micki48
    xhca3e1h61ci.jpeg
    SEPTEMBER WEEK 5 STEP CHALLENGE RESULTS

TOTAL TEAM STEPS - 576,648 - 291 miles!

pbrkvbhz4hk1.png

STEP STARS

1st - @ells_runs - 122,729
    2nd - @kali225 - 113,883
    3rd - @jugar - 83,183

MEETING STEP GOALS

@Kali225 7/7 !!
    @jguldi11 4/7
    @ells_runs 5/7
    @jugar 5/7
    @KellyBgetsfit 5/7

5kky75t41vsd.jpeg

• micki48
    ak8nlelv7mmw.jpeg

SEPTEMBER STEP TEAM RESULTS

TOTAL TEAM STEPS - 3,616,522 OR 1,823 MILES

16l7litm0dxf.png

TOP MONTHLY STEPPERS

1st @ells_runs 484435
    2nd @jugar 384,869
    3rd @kali225 363,357

Well done team!
    kealiolm3g2j.png
    /b]
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 599 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    micki48 wrote: »
    Who else plans to be on/continue with the step challenge?

1. Micki48
    2. YinxFed
    3. jugar
    4. Kali225

• krcapone78
    krcapone78 Posts: 10 Member
    Hi

Sorry for being late! My weight is the same 168 but I did some meal prep and exercised 3x last week (2 cardio and 1 weight training). I am hoping the meal prep will help me stay on track.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
    krcapone78 wrote: »
    Hi

Sorry for being late! My weight is the same 168 but I did some meal prep and exercised 3x last week (2 cardio and 1 weight training). I am hoping the meal prep will help me stay on track.

Wonderful! I was just writing a message wondering if you had found us. Thanks for the update! If you can, tell us a bit about yourself, and don't hesitate to chime in on someone else's post, or talk about anything that is on your mind.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
    You are all so wise! I love seeing how we help each other. There are bad times and if you bring it here, talk about how you feel defeated by a bad weigh-in or a difficult situation, you will hear the voices of your teammates helping to lift you out of the doldrums. It feels good in these crazy times. Thank you all!!!

There are just a couple of reminders I need to put out there -

Monday weigh-ins still due:
    @reflectionofme
    @ells_runs

I have had a good start to the month. I'm trying out eliminating sugar 5 days a week for a while to see how that goes. In the autumn, I tend to eat more sweet stuff - it is a craving I blame on the decrease in temperature and the shorter days (that's my story, and I'm sticking to it). I really like having to 100% eliminate something for a certain number of days a week. It is not permanent, it is not every day, but for those days, it cannot be eaten. I have not done this in a while, and it feels good. I find it also helps keep other foods well in control and I log better. Whatever it takes to keep us on track is a good thing. They don't always last, but while they do it is good!

No weigh-ins for tomorrow (Tuesday) - a good day to catch up on news, talk about whatever is working or not working, and generally make sure that all of us are moving in the right direction, even if there is a bit of a curve in the road. I hope that everything is going ok with you DH's surgery @Gidgitgoescrazy even if you cannot be there. It is hard, but he'll be home soon and then your troubles will really begin... My DH is always the worst patient on the planet when he comes back from any kind of surgery or whatever - I hope yours is better!
  • once_mas
    once_mas Posts: 160 Member
    edited October 2020
    @mbakhtiaruz I totally understand the stress of university life too! We are the same age and I'm in the midst of a Masters programme as well - I finish in May 2021, and I can't wait! It is so good to see the end of the tunnel approaching, as it certainly wreaks havoc on trying to keep up healthy habits!
    @coffeetwist
    It is really nice that you already have started to change the unhealthy habits, these last few months of the program will pass in a glance but recovering from the side effects of an unblanced lifestyle takes time.
    Anyone who has tips for resisting my habit of snacking while studying would be greatly appreciated!
    I had a huge addiction to snacking and I overcame it by a few rules.
    1) limiting myself to eat on specific times specially in the afternoons that I used to eat more because of the stress.(9, 10,12:30,16, 18, 20 at the beginning then later I made it 10, 12:30, 18,19:30)
    2) eating at least 250 grams of cooked veggie and 100 grams of protein, at least150gr zero yogurt per day.(these kept me full and didn't think about food and sweets anymore)
    3) I noticed on the days that I have main high calorie portion for lunch rest of the day I have more energy and there's less chance of eating snacks
    4) doing grocery shopping just once a week and not buying unhealthy snacks, if there is some sweets in home and I get tempted I threw them away. Washing/cleaning all of the groceries from the beginning of the corrona situation also makes shopping costy for me and it also helps to shop less items.
    5) I started to mentally convince myself that snacking during the stressful periods is somehow is influenced by media (e.g. crying girls with icecream on the sofa in lots of the movies) so each time that I get tempted I ask myself if this is what I want or it is because I feel sad/stressed.
This discussion has been closed.