Waist Aways - October 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    @jugar that was totally me yesterday!!!! Wednesday, I finally worked out, after I ate everything in the house. I did a full body workout, that I have done a million times but after taking two weeks off (2.5?) it killed my hamstrings...in a good way. But walking up the stairs yesterday... I did take a nice long walk yesterday since I was too sore to workout.

@conleywoods that is a fantastic weigh in!!! I hope you feel better about it this week.💕 I wish they would make our kids do masks tests!!! Some of them come in with masks that clearly don't fit.Others pull on them so much, they stop fitting by lunch time!

@steph1498 I'm a little confused. We're you hoping for a bigger loss because 1lb is great! Or are you surprised you lost weigh because you slipped up? I often feel surprised that I lose weight after a slip up and then I use that as an excuse to slip up again. I was worried that my slip up on Wed would causes a gain. Thankfully, it didn't. I love tacos. And enchiladas. Those are staple meals on my house. I just make healthier versions.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    @Terytha Wow, that's beautiful ! Hey how is your sword fighting going, didn't you go back to the class ?

I checked all my boxes yesterday, but I am back to battling daily headaches, and I honestly can't remember what I did last time to make them stop.. I'll figure it out...

I am glad today is Friday it's been a stressful week, but I think I am back on track. Although according to the scale this morning, tomorrows weigh in will not be good... I am hoping it's short lived though, I did use ALOT of salt yesterday.. I made french fries with my wrap, then I had cucumber, and did you know a little salt on an apple is really good, I also put salt on my hard boiled egg, oh and I had a pickle... so yeah lots of salt, plus I did strength training... so today calls for lots and lots of water.. Oh and no salt !

Have a fabulous day !

• eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 680 Member
    Good morning, Friday and I've taken a vacation day - sitting with my coffee and making my to do list which includes getting all the houseplants in from their summer vacation, tucking the amaryllis and xmas cacti into a dark cool spot to see if I can successfully get them to bloom again. Haircut - get a little more of the colored hair gone. Pulled some split chicken from the freezer and will make over the weekend ... https://smittenkitchen.com/2020/04/roast-chicken-with-schmaltzy-cabbage/
    I've been walking most evenings with a route through a nearby quiet neighborhood - perfect temperature and making myself go around 7:30- 8 pm...I think it helps me sleep better. I'm pretty much at my goal weight but it feels really weird to just go to 'maintenance' - I think it's because I know I can slip back VERY easily into stress eating bad habits. I'm sticking around for a lot longer - goal now to be around this weight same time next year.
    One thing I've thought about with my weight loss...we all know people that no matter what they eat they don't seem to gain a thing, those perennially tall and skinny folk, or just skinny strangers in the grocery store...now that I'm a smaller size, people might look at me and will have NO IDEA what a huge conscious effort & daily & lifelong battle it is for me. And I think there are likely a lot of 'skinny' people out there like me; we are not alone, the struggle is real.
  • eggfreak
    longwinded OFFER: when I started my new office job 4 years ago, my amazing cousin sent me a surprise box full of well-curated thrift shop bargains - Chicos blouses & other brands & shell tops to go underneath & dress pants. Luckily for me my work is more casual than the dress pants - so I never wore them. The tops though were great even with casual pants. The Chicos tops are size 2 which seems to equate to a large and all the other tops are large. And the black and navy dress pants range from 12-14. If any of you (in the US) would like a wardrobe lift/a box of surprise to pull what you like and donate the rest, please let me know. The thrift shops around here are stuffed full of clothes and I hate to think of these nice items just ending up as fabric poundage. Haven't heard back from the 'career closet' charity for women yet. You can send me an email at hinghamrufous2017@yahoo.com. I can send photos too.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,901 Member
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    Friday weigh in
    PW 89 kg
    CW 89.6 kg
    I had a really tough week with lots going on, so I'm actually glad it's not worse.
    Still pretty crazy at my house, so I'll hopefully get round to do an intro next week.
    Have a great weekend everyone.

You previous weight was not 89 kg (it was 89.9), at least according to what I recorded last. You actually lost a bit since your last weigh-in. You are doing OK :smiley:
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,901 Member
    Fabulous Friday so far! Some real progress, and some great dealing with eating out, stress, finding the right exercise, and headaches. Kudos all around!

@eggfreak - if you have arrived at a more-or-less maintenance weight, I'd love to move you to the Goal Zone part of the team. I'm all alone there and having company is my goal! You define a maintenance zone. You work hard to stay within it. If you go over the top for 2 weeks in a row, you're back on the regular team until you get back within your zone. If you go to low, either you need to re-define your zone, or everyone needs to get after you not to lose too much! Let me know if/when you'd like to do that. Have a read also on the Goal Zone chat
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10803339/goal-zone-maintenance-chat#latest
    There are a lot of ideas, discussions of exactly the kind of struggles you describe, and we all work to stay where we have worked so hard to arrive. This part of F2F is fairly new, and it helps prevent what we used to see a lot. Members used to happily announce they had made it to goal. They would leave the team. Then they would be back a couple of months (or more) later, having regained weight. We are trying hard NOT to be one of the statistics that tell us how few people maintain after losing. You're an inspiration to those who are still losing, and you will be welcome among the maintainers from all the teams on F2F.

@Kali225
    I can see why you are stoked! You have been such a consistent loser since joining up - thanks for the inspiration, the hard work, and for sharing with the team. WTG!!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    @Gidgitgoescrazy I haven't really gone back, just the once. We're waiting to hear what the rules around practice indoors will be, since its quickly become too unpleasant weather-wise to be in the park.

Besides the bees stress me out too much.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,043 Member
    Steps and exercise udpate for 8th October:

Steps - 5229
    Exercise - 32 mins Dance workout
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,249 Member
    PW - 302.5 lbs
    CW - 297.8 lbs

Amazing loss!!! Welcome to the twos! Way to go!!
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    PW - 302.5 lbs
    CW - 297.8 lbs

You are amazing! MADE IT into the 200s. Fireworks! Tiaras!
    zg4x1wdz3red.png

Thank you so much! You guys are so sweet. I am really excited to see where I will be by the end of the year.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    micki48 wrote: »
    PW - 302.5 lbs
    CW - 297.8 lbs

Amazing loss!!! Welcome to the twos! Way to go!!

Thank you. Good riddance, threes!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,249 Member
    Not much to report. Haven't gotten any specific exercise today, but may see if I can squeeze in pilates when I'm done here. Need to get more steps, but I have reached my goal each day and plan on making the a priority.

Great losses here. Glad people are getting on track. Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend.
  • eggfreak
    @jugar
    thanks for all the good encouragement, I'll shift to the goal zone for now.
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    @micki48 can you please remove me from the step challenge for now? I’m having a hard time keeping up lol
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    @SMcFall0215
    Fridays
    PW- 156
    CW-156
This discussion has been closed.