Downsizers - December 2020 Team Chat

jugar
jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
2pzdcctc48n3.png

Here is your Team chat room for December 2020. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @1theresamcvean and @minstrelofsarcasm
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare and @angmarie28
Weight No More - @GingerPwr and @KUMEcyclingteam
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari
Downsizers - @Z10Rtza and @littleflutterby

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. The total will be by month, and cumulative - so you can really rack them up and get to your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):
LTD (Loss to Date): your TOTAL loss since your highest weight ever (optional)

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captains here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! After hitting your goal, you need support to stay there, and you can help your teammates join you. You continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,492 Member
    Hi all and welcome to the Downsizers December team chat! My name is Linda and I am on of the team captains. My counterpart is the amazing @mari_moulin. Mari is off for a few months and Megan @Megan_smartiepants1970 is graciously filling in for her. Megan is awesome! Ziortza @Marigorringo and Tanya @litterflutterby are our wonderful team motivators.

I am originally from Newfoundland but I live in Southwestern Ontario. I am 56 years old, married, retired due to a disability and have 3 adult children. I also have 3 beautiful granddaughters. Hayley and Norah live in Ontario but little Stella lives in Scotland. I have 2 cats, one named Nick and the other Lady.

I struggled with my weight since the birth of my son 33 years ago. So I have been overweight most of my adult life. I started my weight loss journey in February 2019. I have been with F2F since I started. I truly struggled in November and I am taking the clean slate Tanya offered above. I count calories and I would like to start intermittent fasting again. I have binge eating disorder so this is my main focus this month. For exercise, I usually walk but due to nerve pain I had to stop. We are moving to a new apartment which has a pool so I am going to start swimming again and do some water aerobic activity. I am excited to be on this journey with you!

December goals
    1. no binge eating
    2. Drink 80 ounces of water daily
    3. Sleep 7.5 hours a day

Housekeeping

Weigh In
    We will post a weigh in reminder every day. The format for posting your weight is in the team chat introduction above. If you can’t weigh in durning a particular week, please let me know ahead of time.

Daily Check In
    Checking in daily is important. It is the key to making the group work for you. You can do this is any format you want. Things you may want to report could include calories, exercise, water intake, goals or anything you want to share. Share your successes with the team, any struggles or questions you may have.

Step Challenge
    Megan takes care of the step challenge. If you want to participate let her know.

Other Resources
    On the main page of our group you will find many resources. This is where you will find the idea lounge,
    recipe sharing, weekly challenges and the habit tracker.

Please take time to introduce yourself as it is fun to get to know your teammates!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    Hello Everyone.... I am Megan ..I am the Temporary co-captain of this wonderful team ..I am also a Moderator ..I am in charge of recruiting and I help the other moderators if problems arise ....I am a single mom to 2 kids ... My son who is 21 and does not live with me ... and my daughter who is 15 and I have home schooled her since she started school..This year she is a Sophomore in High School so she doesn't need my help much anymore ... She knows the routine ...... I am an animal lover ... I have 2 grandma cats ( I have had them for 16 years and 15 1/2 years ) named Kylie and Mocha (both Calicos) I have a German Shepherd named Dakota he turned 3 in October ... I have a Siberian Husky named Aspen who turned 3 on the 22nd of December ...and I have a very talkative parrot named Petey ....I was born in Alberta Canada (I was adopted as a baby ) ...I have lived in California most of my life ... I am wanting to move to Colorado I WANT SNOW!!! :p I have been on and off of MFP since 2009 ... When things got tough I had a bad habit of giving up and deleting my accounts ...No more of that non sense .... If there is anything you want to know more about me feel free to ask... I am an open book ... If there is anything I can help you with please do not hesitate to ask ....Wishing everyone much success :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    oh also, before I forget....

@Megan_smartiepants1970 ohhhhhhh Megaaaaaaaaaan

Imma gonna change my step goal... Imma do it.... I am scared cus I'm going to push myself and I always have a fear of failure....but...

Put me on a 10,000 step challenge please!!! Starting tomorrow of course :) Now I've got dancing and soon-to-be wii fit, I have no excuses! (also please leave the oxygen tank at arms reach, tysm)

You got this ... I will be all over you like flies on (well you know) :p:p ..I will hold you accountable :)
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    oh also, before I forget....

@Megan_smartiepants1970 ohhhhhhh Megaaaaaaaaaan

Imma gonna change my step goal... Imma do it.... I am scared cus I'm going to push myself and I always have a fear of failure....but...

Put me on a 10,000 step challenge please!!! Starting tomorrow of course :) Now I've got dancing and soon-to-be wii fit, I have no excuses! (also please leave the oxygen tank at arms reach, tysm)

You got this ... I will be all over you like flies on (well you know) :p:p ..I will hold you accountable :)

yeah I'm gonna check if I can order an oversized boot for y'all to kick me up the bum hahaha.

Honestly, as long as I exercise on a non-work day it should be fine. The only time I don't really exercise is when I close (which is most Fridays now) and that's only because I'm running around like crazy in the last few hours of my shift, I probably get about 3k steps in the last 2 hours alone, just from organising and stuff!

and I didn't realise how much movement ya do when you have to sweep and mop the floor! I'm sure Gael is going to be ecstatic when she sees me doing that most days lol
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Could everyone (new comers and old timers) let me know if they are planning or wanting to be added to our step challenge?... Also could you give me a number of steps you plan on doing daily ....if you hit that number 2 days or more you get recognized weekly ...Good luck everyone ...and Thank you :)
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - make my Dec goal 9,500

11/28: 12,117
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I'll continue with 9000 for the step challenge please!
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Could everyone (new comers and old timers) let me know if they are planning or wanting to be added to our step challenge?... Also could you give me a number of steps you plan on doing daily ....if you hit that number 2 days or more you get recognized weekly ...Good luck everyone ...and Thank you :)

I'm in, 10K for my daily goal.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    edited November 2020
    CHECK IN: Saturday, Nov. 28
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    🥤 Water ✔️
    🍽Calories /Tracking ✔️
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS
    SAT. 11/28: 6,731

I did terrible in November and I'm now the heaviest weight I have been in years. I will take the clean slate too @littleflutterby . I am also starting intermittent fasting this month. I need to get rid of the junk in my diet and drink more water.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    CHECK IN: Saturday, Nov. 28
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    🥤 Water ✔️
    🍽Calories /Tracking ✔️
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS
    SAT. 11/28: 6,731

I did terrible in November and I'm now the heaviest weight I have been in years. I will take the clean slate too @littleflutterby . I am also starting intermittent fasting this month. I need to get rid of the junk in my diet and drink more water.

Quite a few of us gained in November ... I gained 10.5lbs in the last 2 weeks ...time to get my act together .. I am thinking about re-starting IF just hope I don't get light headed this time around ..I would like to lose 10 lbs before my b-day (12/29) but I will be happy with any loss in December ...We got this :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    ar0g83c4bpi2.jpeg

Laura aka @lelbarou
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 I would love to do 8.000 steps this month again.
    23/11/2020-> 8.525 steps
    24/11/2020-> 12.759 steps
    25/11/2020->11.522 steps
    26/11/2020-> 17.501 steps
    27/11/2020-> 12.727 steps
    28/11/2020-> 15.880 steps
  • lindamtuck2018
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I think I missed a few days of steps so I will go back a four days. I am leaving my step goal at 4500 for now.

Wednesday 2,496
    Thursday 3,409
    Friday 4,504
    Saturday 5,416
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    ar0g83c4bpi2.jpeg

Laura aka @lelbarou

OH Linda! I love, love.❤ love this! You are so amazing! Thank you so much!
This discussion has been closed.