Downsizers - December 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 --Couldbyou count me in committing to 15,000 steps a day? I will do better at meeting this goal.

Looking forward to the new week, new month, clean slate!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Steps 11/28: 15,211
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)
    fxkrccd9hbcv.png
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:SIGN UP TODAY!! :star:DECEMBER HABIT TRACKER

gkbzg3v4cwrb.png
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    what hours will you do for IF? I am thinking of giving it a shot again too!

Today, I am doing a 22 hour fast, breaking at 3pm and stopping after early dinner at 5pm. The rest of the week I will rotate between 16 hours and 20 hours, with a goal of getting to 20 hours each day (including weekends). I am using the fasting app called Zero and I am part of an FB page intermittent fasting group, which really helps (assuming I stick with it of course).

• 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @iradi8 Glad to have you in the group! I can certainly see how living in Louisiana would be enticing, every single meal! I'm so glad for you that you are enjoying closeness with your children during this time!
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    @azkunk thanks for this recommended reading. I'm going to order this book.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,485 Member
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Check in for Nov. 28th
    Tracking - yes
    Water - soso
    exercise - yes
    Steps - 11, 051
    Time to self - yes
    4/5

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I hope you all have a great day!

Impressive steps! Water can be a tricky one. I use nestea ice tea drops to flavour my water. Since I started that there are very few days that my water intake is low.

scribb wrote: »
    Well I gained over this past week😞

CW 213
    Yesterday’s steps 14,694

Time to get back to eating better and drinking a lot more water.

But the week behind you and take one of Tanya’s clean slates. I put ice tea drops in my water and it makes a big difference to my water consumption. Great steps!

Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Username: Piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 212
    CW (Current Weight): 210
    LTD (Loss to Date): your TOTAL loss since your highest weight ever (optional): I think I'm going to start 212 as my "new" start weight for the next bout, so for now, -2lbs!

Happy Sunday to everyone, happy first advent!

Great way to start December’s challenge!

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Tracked Yes
    Under calories Meet goal
    Steps 14,817 tracked
    Exercise Leg HIT

After feeling so gross yesterday I did everything I was supposed to do. Down 2 lbs of gross bloat today but still feel yucky. I watched carbs.

Steps were from legs HIT workout which is not my favorite and cleaning. I consider my dog walk my moment to myself. He turns 15 in December so I try very hard to enjoy him while he is still with me.

Only thing I failed on was water on the weekend challenge.

Glad that bloat is going away. I find personally that water helps with bloat. I still miss my Molly everyday. I adopted her as a senior and I only had her for 8 short months. She sure changed my life for the better. I would adopt again but the new place doesn’t allow dogs.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Week 4 November challenge
    Congrats @lelbarou @shortyjmorgan1 @Bluetail6 for being the top 3 for team Downsizers
    Congrats @lelbarou for making the top 3 of the entire F2F group

November challenge finale
    Congrats @lelbarou @Bluetail6 @littleflutterby for being the top 3 for team Downsizers
    Congrats for making it to the top 3 of the F2F group
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Username : azkunk
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 183.3
    CW: 182.6
    LTD: 24.4

Happy with a loss after Thanksgiving, even happier that my low this week was below the 25lb LTD mark. That was before turkey day and I'm not surprised that it crept up a little bit. I fully expect to be there by next weigh-in. This week wasn't the best with water, macros and fiber and I am attributing that to my lack of checking in.

Goals for this week:
    Check in daily
    Water (80oz)
    Steps (9K)
    Macros (P-105/ C-115/ F-40)
    Fiber (28g)
    Strength train (2x)

Nicely done especially in a week with a big celebration.

dabbers18 wrote: »
    Hello all hope everyone is ok.
    PW....215.4
    CW.....215.6
    Gain of 0.2 I can live with that
    STEPS.....31,969
    Been a hard week as my mental health is not good. All due to lockdown and then to hear we are in tier 3!!!! Not good at all. Getting sick of it all now.
    Please can I move to monday for weigh in as I work sunday from 06.30 and forget to weigh sometimes or to post lol. Xx

Lockdown has to be hard for a second time. I suspect we will be in a more restrictive level soon. Where I live there are different colour coded levels. Some of the province is in lockdown and the rest are at different levels. I have been reminding myself that things will start looking better soon. I hope you feel better soon. I will move your weigh in day to Monday.
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Scorpiogirl1970
    checkin 11/29/2020

steps 1432

• littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! So many wonderful posts to catch up on!!!!
    ar0g83c4bpi2.jpeg

Laura aka @lelbarou

Happy Birthday Laura!! I hope your day was amazing!!!

Turning a negative into a positive

Some of us struggled in November. I know for myself part of the problem is I focused on the negatives and not the positives. I challenge you to take any negative that is affecting your weight loss and put a positive spin on it. You can either keep it to yourself or post it here on the team chat.

Oh boy this is a good one, I love it!

One of my negative thoughts is "I've done this before already, and gained all the weight plus interest, what makes me think it's going to be any different?" Like I am already setting myself up for failure. I keep telling myself- I am doing the best I can TODAY. That's it. One day, one meal at a time. And yes I've done it before which means I have tools to use. And I didn't have the amazing downsizers to trudge with me...... soooooooo.... this time is gonna be awesome!!!
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    f0o0dbvphrj7.jpg

NOVEMBER CELEBRATIONS

zg69hb2mo5vz.png

@cafelelia

20 pounds lost
    @Azkunk
    @Pacsnc6

25 pounds lost
    @Case0099

30 pounds lost

@Lelbarou
    @Cafelelia

40 pounds lost
    @Littleflutterby

50 Pounds lost
    @Zumba_luvah
    @MandiSaysHey

70 pounds lost
    @Goingape
    @Beka3695

75 pounds lost
    @happimess01

120 pounds lost
    @Tazaria87

Under 150
    @Anido1
    @Angmarie28
    @goingape

Under 175
    @Bluetail6
    @TASCascalho
    @beka3695

c97zf40lclxs.png

@Sleepymom5
    @kandi3570

Under 250
    @Adhmrh

Under 350

@lelbarou

Amazing everyone!!! Big covid-friendly hi-fives all round!!!
    scribb wrote: »
    Well I gained over this past week😞

CW 213
    Yesterday’s steps 14,694

Time to get back to eating better and drinking a lot more water.

Fabulous new week starts right now!! You're going to be awesome! Just stick with us :)

With the water thing- I find drinking a glass first thing in the morning not only helps with the water intake- but it kickstarts my body, and it's been really helpful!
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    gjbucn4ht113.jpg
    n4byw4ohtjcu.png
    pea9ism7ocm9.png
    0kt7n4t3d30b.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    rgntyf28sfsx.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    mdd70x3psgxf.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @machchic 6.47 %
    2nd @lelbarou 5.97%
    3rd @Bluetail6 5.93 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @lelbarou 21.0 Lbs
    2nd @littleflutterby 14.8 Lbs
    3rd @davidji82 13.9 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @robros310
    @SisuMom2019
    @curvycalorie
    @kandi3570
    @happimess01
    @vjsky
    @adhmrh
    @sleepymom5
    @simbersea

a03q9z22jeif.png

ahhhhhhhh congrats Laura and Bluetail! and patting meself on the back too ;)
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Username: Piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 212
    CW (Current Weight): 210
    LTD (Loss to Date): your TOTAL loss since your highest weight ever (optional): I think I'm going to start 212 as my "new" start weight for the next bout, so for now, -2lbs!

Happy Sunday to everyone, happy first advent!

I think starting fresh is a really really great idea! Sounds like you've had a rather stressful time, so being settled, and all that stuff. New start weight, new loss, new you!! heehee

Congrats on 2lb off, that's amazing!!!
    363days wrote: »
    Woohoo!!! Welcome to a shiny new month!!!!

Here are some free clean slates, for anyone who needs one!!

8p909mwcs1qh.png

For those who don't know me....

I'm Tanya, I'm a 32 year old Brit who now lives in Toronto, Canada! I've been here nearly 6 years. I live with my wife, Gael, and our 3 kitties!

I work at Starbucks as a supervisor- a job that is NOT recommended if you want to lose weight, because of all the free and cheap treats! But I love my job!

I'm passionate about football (soccer). I'm a die-hard Liverpool FC fan. I'm also an ex-competitive swimmer so love watching that on the TV.

I'm also working towards starting an online degree course in Psychology! I am really looking forward to learning and aiming towards getting myself a career!!

This covid thing has been a blessing and a curse. I'm a bit late jumping on the "healthy lifestyle during the pandemic" thing. November was my first month here at f2f and it has been wonderful! It helps me stay on track and also made some new friends! Which is always a bonus! It really helped because I lost just shy of 15lb in my first month!

I really enjoyed challenging myself last month, getting into healthy habits, and I am going to add to it!

Daily Personal Challenges for December

* Track every day, under calories, no restricting
    * Drink at least 2L water a day
    * Count my "fresh air" intake- if ya know what I mean- (this is a habit I really need to cut down on and be mindful)
    * In bed before midnight every day
    * Awake and out of bed by 9am every day

If you are new here- welcome! We have a great team here and we are here for you every day- the good, the bad and the ugly!! Stick with us, share with with us and let us get to know you- you're not alone!!!

2rtmgz3yqb8g.jpg

You did fantastic in November, not just with the weight loss, but your exercise as well. I love hearing about your goal to take an online course. Thanks for sharing your details, it is exciting to know more about you and your family.

Thanks so much hun!

• littleflutterby
    Options
    We have a new member heading our way ... Please welcome @Beautyofdreams :)

Welcome welcome!! I hope you find this group has helpful as I do!!
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Username : azkunk
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 183.3
    CW: 182.6
    LTD: 24.4

Happy with a loss after Thanksgiving, even happier that my low this week was below the 25lb LTD mark. That was before turkey day and I'm not surprised that it crept up a little bit. I fully expect to be there by next weigh-in. This week wasn't the best with water, macros and fiber and I am attributing that to my lack of checking in.

Goals for this week:
    Check in daily
    Water (80oz)
    Steps (9K)
    Macros (P-105/ C-115/ F-40)
    Fiber (28g)
    Strength train (2x)

Great loss hun. Yeah that turkey got a few people this last week haha. I have no doubt you'll be hitting that 25lb milestone next week! and we got the special badge ready to celebrate with you!! ^_^
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in for Nov. 28/29
    logging -yes.
    under - yes (if you can't my exercise? I hope that works)
    water - needs improvement
    exercise - yes/ both days
    time to self - yes
    4/5 on both days of challenge
    =8/10

Steps Nov. 28 -11051
    Nov. 29 - 7347

Hi all. So the sleep clinic was weird but I made it through it. Today I was supposed to zoom with a few friends, but just went for a walk with one instead. I was a bit headachy and tired from not really sleeping well two nights in a row...
    Things are going pretty well food wise. I have been thinking about eating junk food the last 2-3 days and binging, but I didn't do it...
This discussion has been closed.