Downsizers - December 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,069 Member
    Options
    iradi8 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I want to introduce myself. I am new to this group and to the message boards. Thanks for the welcome. I wasn't able to post here until today.

My name is Sloan. I live in Louisiana. I grew up in New Orleans. It was a great place to grow up! Lots of food, fun and music. Food is everything in my neck of the woods. Growing up, every celebration, every holiday and every get together centered around food and lots of it! I am 54 years old and have been with my husband for 27 years.

I have two children, 19 y.o. & 21 y.o. Both of my kids are in college and are supposed to be away at college, but Covid changed that. My daughter is in her first year of college, and I was supposed to have an empty nest this year. LOL. All of her classes were online, so she opted out of the dorm and is home doing her classes. Campus was pretty much shut down, so she didn't miss anything. It will be the same in the spring for her. My son is a junior in college. For two years, he was 7.5 hours from home, but since March he's been home due to all online classes:( He did go back to live in his first apartment last month, but is home now until January. I cherish every moment with them:)

I have two rescue dogs. Sunny is 4 y.o. and we've had him since he was six weeks old. We had been fostering puppies for our local animal shelter for a couple of years, and for some reason Sunny captured our hearts, so we adopted him. A year later, we adopted Dakota from a golden retriever rescue when he was nine months old. They have been best pals since the first day they met.

I don't ever remember a time in my life that I was not concerned with my weight even though I look like I'm a normal weight in some old pictures. I have gained and lost a few times in my life. It has been 21 years (when my first was born) since I have lost any significant amount of weight. I have not been under 200 pounds since 1999. I have lost 35 pounds since I decided to take charge of my body and my health in August. Tracking my calories on here and walking on the treadmill almost every day have been a life changer.

I love a challenge, so I am glad to be a part of this group. Accountability is something that helps me too. So, thanks for letting me join your team!

Welcome to our amazing team Sloan...I hope you really enjoy it as much as I have ...As you can see we are a very talkative team ...Hopefully you can keep up (sometimes it is very hard to do )...Wishing you much success on your journey :)
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post November 28
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 8160
    Exercise 45min walking video

I think I'm still trying to catch up on sleep lost from the last week. I fell asleep on the couch last night so I didn't get the rest of my steps in. Today I'm not feeling all that great. Nothing bad but my tummy is upset and I'm not hungry. I ate some stuff but not my usual calories. Today is rest day exercise wise anyway so no problem there. Will have to see how I feel tomorrow. Gonna leave my steps for today here as well. Tomorrow I'll post an introduction, now it's bed time!

Steps
    11/29 3012
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    29th November

* Track/ under calories/no restricting - ✔️✔️✔️
    * 2L water ✔️
    * "fresh air" count- 16 ✔️
    * midnight bedtime ✔️ (going after I post here, so will even be closer to 11.30!)
    * Awake and out of bed by 9am ✔️ (it helps when it's a workday lol)

Steps- 13,671

It's so great to have so much participation on here already, so exciting!

Work today was good, busy.... like every weekend. Couple of sick calls but we managed to survive! I was feeling a bit tired but I got a bit of dancing in. It's hard to workout after an 8 hour shift but I want to try and do a bit every day!

Only 2 more shifts to go (Monday and Wednesday) and I'm off on my staycation! Very excited to get some organising done around the home.

Tomorrow I have my food planned already, and I'm just about to track it to commit to it. Mondays are easy- I always get a rotisserie chicken from the local supermarket after work and have it with salad and a wholewheat bun. Lunch is whatever leftovers there are from dinner from the night before- which was chicken fajitas tonight!

One thing about this weight loss thing is I'm now super mindful of what I put in my mouth because I track it. I used to have about 5 or 6 big sized tortilla wraps and half a container of guacamole.... Today? 2 small wraps and just 2 tbsp of guac! And that was enough! I just had extra chicken. I'm also at probably closer to 3L of water today. What can I say? Starbucks water tastes great haha

Anyway, have a great night all, stay safe. Good luck to all the Monday weighers tomorrow!!!
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    OH! I almost forgot

Weekend Challenge- Sunday

1) Track ✅
    2) Within calories ✅
    3) 20 min exercise ✅ (45 min or so on Just Dance)
    4) alone time ✅
    5) hydration ✅

5/5 ✅

Weekend points- 15/15 ✅
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN: Sunday, Nov. 29
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    🥤 Water ✔️
    🍽Calories /Tracking ✔️
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS
    SUN. 11/29: 10,750 (spin)+ 4,000 (row) + 14,371 = 29,121
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Morning all,

Here for Monday check in and hello a new month! I must say, opening up the thread and seeing an image of a clean slate was comforting. November didn't plan out on the weight loss front as I had hoped but I'm looking to improve in this coming month. Even if it's baby steps and not a direct loss on the scale, it could be something like doing more exercise through the week. I was 251 yesterday, so unfortunately, instead of a 0.2 gain overnight it's turned into a full blown pound gain. I tried different batteries and whatnot, but nope, will just need to accept the number this morning and tomorrow is a new day.

On the back of this, I have decided to set some goals for this week such as:

1: Do 3 30 min workouts - HIIT or Stationary bike, in addition to any dog walking I do during the week.
    2: Meal plan
    3: Drink more water

I would like to get under 250's before the new year, so can work getting the number down further in the coming year. I'm aware the holidays are coming up, but rather than getting all stressed about how it might affect my weight loss next month logically speaking, it is one day out of 365 days and the work can resume the days after!

CW: 251.8
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone;

Thanks for all your well wishes, encouragement, and positive thoughts in November!! I hope I have encouraged you as well. I'm hoping December won't be so crazy busy..... Well here's to hoping :D:p
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I have exercised the last couple of days.
    11/28: 79 minutes walking, leisurely pace, 2.4
    11/29: 92 minutes walking, leisurely pace 2.4

Please don't worry about entering it in for November. I know I exercised, and that is all that matters to me. I appreciate all of the work that you do for the group!!! :):)
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    As always, thank you for all your support, hard work, and encouragement. Just to let you know, for 11/28 and 11/29 I have completed all of my check ins. With a yes to each of the categories: Exercise, calories, water, eating time, and most importantly...... SLEEP :):):)

May December be restful for us both!!! :p
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Yes, I would like to be part of December walking challenge. I would like to aim for 8K steps.

Now, if I can get this weird placeholder watch to work...... ;)
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful people!
    It is amazing to see how since yesterday they were already 54 messages to catch up! Awesome!
    I have been reading each of you and I really feel like we are a big *kitten* family.
    Tonight I didn't manage to sleep and I woke up at 6 and started exercising like crazy.
    I have been sporting between the Wii Fit, Zumba, Step dance... Then I went to my vacuum cleaner and like if I will be doing boxing with it.
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    My cat jumped on me while I was writing. She is really like *cuddle me human* Instead of saying Oh my god I always say Oh my cat. And I think she takes it like: ok, if I'm your goddess, you must do what I want when I want.
    Well... Today is my weight in day and I don't like what I see.
    My november weights:
    02/11/2020 - 133,5 kg = 294,3 lbs
    09/11/2020 - 134,4 kg = 296,3 lbs
    16/11/2020 - 133,5 kg = 294,3 lbs
    23/11/2020 - 132,9 kg = 292,9 lbs
    30/11/2020 - 133,5 kg = 294,3 lbs

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,485 Member
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Check in for Nov. 28/29
    logging -yes.
    under - yes (if you can't my exercise? I hope that works)
    water - needs improvement
    exercise - yes/ both days
    time to self - yes
    4/5 on both days of challenge
    =8/10

Steps Nov. 28 -11051
    Nov. 29 - 7347

Hi all. So the sleep clinic was weird but I made it through it. Today I was supposed to zoom with a few friends, but just went for a walk with one instead. I was a bit headachy and tired from not really sleeping well two nights in a row...
    Things are going pretty well food wise. I have been thinking about eating junk food the last 2-3 days and binging, but I didn't do it...

I am so proud of you for resisting those thoughts. What did you do to resist the junk food or a binge? Do you think your sleep is not helping the thinking?
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Tracked Yes
    Under calories No
    Steps 16863 tracked
    Exercise 10 Rounds boxing

Tracked again yesterday but went over my calories after dinner. Had an active day with dog walk, boxing and walk with friend. Back to routine of remote school for kids today.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post November 28
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 8160
    Exercise 45min walking video

I think I'm still trying to catch up on sleep lost from the last week. I fell asleep on the couch last night so I didn't get the rest of my steps in. Today I'm not feeling all that great. Nothing bad but my tummy is upset and I'm not hungry. I ate some stuff but not my usual calories. Today is rest day exercise wise anyway so no problem there. Will have to see how I feel tomorrow. Gonna leave my steps for today here as well. Tomorrow I'll post an introduction, now it's bed time!

Steps
    11/29 3012

You needed the rest especially if you are not feeling good. I hope you feel better today.

29th November

* Track/ under calories/no restricting - ✔️✔️✔️
    * 2L water ✔️
    * "fresh air" count- 16 ✔️
    * midnight bedtime ✔️ (going after I post here, so will even be closer to 11.30!)
    * Awake and out of bed by 9am ✔️ (it helps when it's a workday lol)

Steps- 13,671

It's so great to have so much participation on here already, so exciting!

Work today was good, busy.... like every weekend. Couple of sick calls but we managed to survive! I was feeling a bit tired but I got a bit of dancing in. It's hard to workout after an 8 hour shift but I want to try and do a bit every day!

Only 2 more shifts to go (Monday and Wednesday) and I'm off on my staycation! Very excited to get some organising done around the home.

Tomorrow I have my food planned already, and I'm just about to track it to commit to it. Mondays are easy- I always get a rotisserie chicken from the local supermarket after work and have it with salad and a wholewheat bun. Lunch is whatever leftovers there are from dinner from the night before- which was chicken fajitas tonight!

One thing about this weight loss thing is I'm now super mindful of what I put in my mouth because I track it. I used to have about 5 or 6 big sized tortilla wraps and half a container of guacamole.... Today? 2 small wraps and just 2 tbsp of guac! And that was enough! I just had extra chicken. I'm also at probably closer to 3L of water today. What can I say? Starbucks water tastes great haha

Anyway, have a great night all, stay safe. Good luck to all the Monday weighers tomorrow!!!

I love that we have such an active team. I am jealous as I love fajitas but my husband is not a big fan. Mindfulness during weight loss is crucial. I think I slacked in that area as I used to be super careful of the BLT’s but now I am having a bite here and a little taste without logging it. Great job on meeting all your goals and killing the weekend challenge.

CHECK IN: Sunday, Nov. 29
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    🥤 Water ✔️
    🍽Calories /Tracking ✔️
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS
    SUN. 11/29: 10,750 (spin)+ 4,000 (row) + 14,371 = 29,121

Great way to start the December challenge with all ✅ and awesome steps.

Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    As always, thank you for all your support, hard work, and encouragement. Just to let you know, for 11/28 and 11/29 I have completed all of my check ins. With a yes to each of the categories: Exercise, calories, water, eating time, and most importantly...... SLEEP :):):)

May December be restful for us both!!! :p

Thanks! That is awesome on the check ins especially sleep. I think getting enough sleep contributes to how we do in our weight loss goals.

mszoueb wrote: »
    Morning all,

Here for Monday check in and hello a new month! I must say, opening up the thread and seeing an image of a clean slate was comforting. November didn't plan out on the weight loss front as I had hoped but I'm looking to improve in this coming month. Even if it's baby steps and not a direct loss on the scale, it could be something like doing more exercise through the week. I was 251 yesterday, so unfortunately, instead of a 0.2 gain overnight it's turned into a full blown pound gain. I tried different batteries and whatnot, but nope, will just need to accept the number this morning and tomorrow is a new day.

On the back of this, I have decided to set some goals for this week such as:

1: Do 3 30 min workouts - HIIT or Stationary bike, in addition to any dog walking I do during the week.
    2: Meal plan
    3: Drink more water

I would like to get under 250's before the new year, so can work getting the number down further in the coming year. I'm aware the holidays are coming up, but rather than getting all stressed about how it might affect my weight loss next month logically speaking, it is one day out of 365 days and the work can resume the days after!

CW: 251.8

That darn scale can jump for a variety of reasons so it can be frustrating. I like that you have set goals. All victories are not measured by the scale. When I joined mfp a few years ago I didn’t focus on weight loss right away. I worked on binge eating, improving my activity and goal setting. After that I got down to losing weight.

Z10Rtza wrote: »
    My cat jumped on me while I was writing. She is really like *cuddle me human* Instead of saying Oh my god I always say Oh my cat. And I think she takes it like: ok, if I'm your goddess, you must do what I want when I want.
    Well... Today is my weight in day and I don't like what I see.
    My november weights:
    02/11/2020 - 133,5 kg = 294,3 lbs
    09/11/2020 - 134,4 kg = 296,3 lbs
    16/11/2020 - 133,5 kg = 294,3 lbs
    23/11/2020 - 132,9 kg = 292,9 lbs
    30/11/2020 - 133,5 kg = 294,3 lbs

Cats are so comforting. I love when my cats cuddle and start purring. It is such a soothing sound. You may not have lost this month but you did maintain. I think you have really worked hard this month. You have improved your fitness and I think you have gained a lot of insight.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Tracked Yes
    Under calories No
    Steps 16863 tracked
    Exercise 10 Rounds boxing

Tracked again yesterday but went over my calories after dinner. Had an active day with dog walk, boxing and walk with friend. Back to routine of remote school for kids today.

Awesome steps! Well done with the tracking!
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Check in for Nov. 28/29
    logging -yes.
    under - yes (if you can't my exercise? I hope that works)
    water - needs improvement
    exercise - yes/ both days
    time to self - yes
    4/5 on both days of challenge
    =8/10

Steps Nov. 28 -11051
    Nov. 29 - 7347

Hi all. So the sleep clinic was weird but I made it through it. Today I was supposed to zoom with a few friends, but just went for a walk with one instead. I was a bit headachy and tired from not really sleeping well two nights in a row...
    Things are going pretty well food wise. I have been thinking about eating junk food the last 2-3 days and binging, but I didn't do it...

I am so proud of you for resisting those thoughts. What did you do to resist the junk food or a binge? Do you think your sleep is not helping the thinking?

Thank you so much Linda for your support! I appreciate it! As far as resisting, I think that I just ask myself "How is that going to make you feel?" Meaning are you going to feel better or worse after eating that junk food or binging on some sweets. I inevitably come up with the answer that I will feel much worse. I also think for me that it is a band aid to temporarily not feel my feelings. I sat and realized I felt frustrated and angry. Who knew this was a big trigger for binging. But for me, any difficult to feel emotions are triggering.
    Anyway, I was very close one time... but I didn't do it..so I am happy about that. Thanks again for your positive comment.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Sunday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Water:✅
    Steps: 3,321
    Sleep: ❌
    DBF: 1

I have a super busy day today. I have physio, appointments with the dentist, dietitian and my OT. My sleep is off again as I had to get up early to drive my husband to work so I could have the car. I am not thrilled about my dentist appointment but super excited for the dietitian. She is working with me on binge eating and I am hoping for more insight today.

When reading @mszoueb post today it hit me that I have to stop setting myself up for failure by focusing on my weight. I need to focus on taming the binge eating, getting regular short walks and improving my sleep. Once I regularly meet those goals weight loss will follow.

Well I am off to put supper in the crockpot and get ready for physio. I will be back to read all the wonderful new posts later today.

Have a super Monday!

• 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Could everyone (new comers and old timers) let me know if they are planning or wanting to be added to our step challenge?... Also could you give me a number of steps you plan on doing daily ....if you hit that number 2 days or more you get recognized weekly ...Good luck everyone ...and Thank you :)

Is there any chance of converting our exercise minutes to steps?
    If yes. Then I will like to join.
    Thanks

Yes there is .... you just tell me what you did and for how long ...and I convert them for you :)

Perfect I want to sign up for 45 mins daily.how many steps will that be?

It depends on what you do ... are you on an ellipitcal.. are you just walking etc.

none. I exercise at home with videos from youtube.
This discussion has been closed.