Downsizers - December 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Good Monday -
    Although I would love to lose weight, I'm stealing the idea from Linda and changing my focus.
    No Binge eating
    Track daily
    Exercise daily
    Meditate

Good luck to everyone!
  • 363days
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    steps 11/30 5483
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Good morning :)

I'm feeling good about December! Yesterday was a no ❌'s day for once and fasting went well too. Today I am focusing on strength training, drinking water and taking some time for myself when I need it (even a 5 -10 minute break).

I bought some new teas that I am drinking throughout the day, they are wonderful so far. Starting this morning with a mango green tea and black coffee.

Have a great Monday everyone.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,451 Member
    Options
    Could everyone (new comers and old timers) let me know if they are planning or wanting to be added to our step challenge?... Also could you give me a number of steps you plan on doing daily ....if you hit that number 2 days or more you get recognized weekly ...Good luck everyone ...and Thank you :)

Is there any chance of converting our exercise minutes to steps?
    If yes. Then I will like to join.
    Thanks

Yes there is .... you just tell me what you did and for how long ...and I convert them for you :)

Perfect I want to sign up for 45 mins daily.how many steps will that be?

It depends on what you do ... are you on an ellipitcal.. are you just walking etc.

none. I exercise at home with videos from youtube.

Just let me know what type of video and for how long and I can convert it for you :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I am about to do the December Step Challenge.... Is there anyone else who wants to remain or be added ? Please let me know ...Thanks :)
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 11/29: 15,928
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Weekend Challenge Update:
    1. Tracking ✔️✔️✔️
    2. Under calories goal✔️✔️✔️ (had to dip into the exercise calories)
    3. 20 minutes of exercise ✔️✔️✔️
    4. Time to myself✔️✔️✔️
    5. Hydrate✔️✔️✔️

A successful weekend!
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Sunday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Water:✅
    Steps: 3,321
    Sleep: ❌
    DBF: 1

I have a super busy day today. I have physio, appointments with the dentist, dietitian and my OT. My sleep is off again as I had to get up early to drive my husband to work so I could have the car. I am not thrilled about my dentist appointment but super excited for the dietitian. She is working with me on binge eating and I am hoping for more insight today.

When reading @mszoueb post today it hit me that I have to stop setting myself up for failure by focusing on my weight. I need to focus on taming the binge eating, getting regular short walks and improving my sleep. Once I regularly meet those goals weight loss will follow.

Well I am off to put supper in the crockpot and get ready for physio. I will be back to read all the wonderful new posts later today.

Have a super Monday!

Thank you for your replies, it is supportive and encouraging to read them each week and glad for the indirect unexpected inspiration that I gave with my post.. I just need to follow through with my own words! I think the aspect of bouncing between a few pounds and emotions over past few months that within myself I have recognised that I have started to become fixated on the numbers when stepping on the scale on weigh in morning day rather than what else I have done in that week that is positive.

• azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Check-in for 11/29

Goals for this week:
    Check in daily:
    Water (80oz):
    Steps (9K):
    Macros (P-105/ C-115/ F-40): ✅❌✅
    Fiber (28g):
    Strength train (2x): ❔❔

Only a little over on carbs so not too bad of a day. Stepped on the scale and I was down 1.5 lbs today. I think the fluid retention from thanksgiving has finally passed. I am well below the 25lb mark and I am CONFIDENT that I will do everything to make that stick until my next weigh in.

Thanks to that 1.5 lb loss today, November ended with a total loss of 4.8. All I committed to was 1 lb per week to keep it realistic. My December goals are below.

Lose 5lbs (1 lb per wk)
    Increase water to 90oz/day
    Workout 2x/week
    Steps 10K/day by the end of the month (increase goal by 125 each week)
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

11/29= 9893 steps
  • Case0099
    Case0099 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    CW 221
    PW 218.6
    LTD 24

Argh. All I do is hover between 218 and 221. This is so frustrating!
  • 363days
    Options
    Dakota is home from the Vet... He has an ear infection.. He has a drain in his ear... He has to wear a cone for 3 weeks...Right now he is out of it and laying on the floor ...We have a vet appt next week and another in 3 weeks ...my poor baby

I can still remember the pain of having an ear infection, when I was a child. The good news is that he probably already feels much better and it will only improve. I always feel exhausted when I get home from the vet, I get stressed about their feelings, etc. Hope you are good.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    Dakota is home from the Vet... He has an ear infection.. He has a drain in his ear... He has to wear a cone for 3 weeks...Right now he is out of it and laying on the floor ...We have a vet appt next week and another in 3 weeks ...my poor baby

I can still remember the pain of having an ear infection, when I was a child. The good news is that he probably already feels much better and it will only improve. I always feel exhausted when I get home from the vet, I get stressed about their feelings, etc. Hope you are good.

Not only did he have an ear infection ..by him shaking his head so much caused him to pop a blood vessel ....I hate seeing my furbabies in pain or out of it but I am hanging in there ....he can't fit in his kennel with this big cone so he will be out at night so I doubt I will get much sleep ..both dogs sleep in their kennels at night
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    Good Monday -
    Although I would love to lose weight, I'm stealing the idea from Linda and changing my focus.
    No Binge eating
    Track daily
    Exercise daily
    Meditate

Good luck to everyone!

I think improving the other areas and celebrating our non scale victories are very important. During my talk with the dietitian she encouraged me to take this approach.

Good morning :)

I'm feeling good about December! Yesterday was a no ❌'s day for once and fasting went well too. Today I am focusing on strength training, drinking water and taking some time for myself when I need it (even a 5 -10 minute break).

I bought some new teas that I am drinking throughout the day, they are wonderful so far. Starting this morning with a mango green tea and black coffee.

Have a great Monday everyone.

It feels so good to hit all those goals. I think focusing on a smaller number of goals leads to greater success as we can feel better about ourself.

I am about to do the December Step Challenge.... Is there anyone else who wants to remain or be added ? Please let me know ...Thanks :)

I think you have me! I am staying at 4500 but come January I will be changing that goal. Can you tell me how many steps you would get for going the breaststroke for 30 minutes? I am curious! /b]

Sorry I am running behind today. We were off Thursday and Friday and I come in to 50 million messages. So the weight gain wasn't as bad as i thought with vacation and a holiday but looking forward to making December count. Will begin training for the Bataan this month (outside with a 30lb pack if the weather permits.) Should hit about 15 miles by the end of the month. You guys are amazing rock stars.
    CW 168.4

You did amazing with .4lbs gain. You are going to rock this month!

Weekend Challenge Update:
    1. Tracking ✔️✔️✔️
    2. Under calories goal✔️✔️✔️ (had to dip into the exercise calories)
    3. 20 minutes of exercise ✔️✔️✔️
    4. Time to myself✔️✔️✔️
    5. Hydrate✔️✔️✔️

A successful weekend!

Well done Angie!

mszoueb wrote: »
    Sunday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Water:✅
    Steps: 3,321
    Sleep: ❌
    DBF: 1

I have a super busy day today. I have physio, appointments with the dentist, dietitian and my OT. My sleep is off again as I had to get up early to drive my husband to work so I could have the car. I am not thrilled about my dentist appointment but super excited for the dietitian. She is working with me on binge eating and I am hoping for more insight today.

When reading @mszoueb post today it hit me that I have to stop setting myself up for failure by focusing on my weight. I need to focus on taming the binge eating, getting regular short walks and improving my sleep. Once I regularly meet those goals weight loss will follow.

Well I am off to put supper in the crockpot and get ready for physio. I will be back to read all the wonderful new posts later today.

Have a super Monday!

Thank you for your replies, it is supportive and encouraging to read them each week and glad for the indirect unexpected inspiration that I gave with my post.. I just need to follow through with my own words! I think the aspect of bouncing between a few pounds and emotions over past few months that within myself I have recognised that I have started to become fixated on the numbers when stepping on the scale on weigh in morning day rather than what else I have done in that week that is positive.

Lately I have been letting the scale decide my mood. That in turn leads to me binging at night. Thank you for the inspiration!

azkunk wrote: »
    Check-in for 11/29

Goals for this week:
    Check in daily:
    Water (80oz):
    Steps (9K):
    Macros (P-105/ C-115/ F-40): ✅❌✅
    Fiber (28g):
    Strength train (2x): ❔❔

Only a little over on carbs so not too bad of a day. Stepped on the scale and I was down 1.5 lbs today. I think the fluid retention from thanksgiving has finally passed. I am well below the 25lb mark and I am CONFIDENT that I will do everything to make that stick until my next weigh in.

Thanks to that 1.5 lb loss today, November ended with a total loss of 4.8. All I committed to was 1 lb per week to keep it realistic. My December goals are below.

Lose 5lbs (1 lb per wk)
    Increase water to 90oz/day
    Workout 2x/week
    Steps 10K/day by the end of the month (increase goal by 125 each week)

Your goals are very realistic and they are measurable. Congrats on meeting your November goal!

Case0099 wrote: »
    CW 221
    PW 218.6
    LTD 24

Argh. All I do is hover between 218 and 221. This is so frustrating!

Hang in there! You may have hit a plateau. Shake things up to see if you can break it. @azkunk recently went through one and maybe she can give some suggestions.

Not only did he have an ear infection ..by him shaking his head so much caused him to pop a blood vessel ....I hate seeing my furbabies in pain or out of it but I am hanging in there ....he can't fit in his kennel with this big cone so he will be out at night so I doubt I will get much sleep ..both dogs sleep in their kennels at night

Having a pet in pain is devastating. When I got my Molly she was 13 and not doing so bad. Around January she started experiencing pain. It broke me to see her like that. I lost her in March but I will never forget the feeling of helplessness watching her in pain. Hang in there cause he will be feeling better soon.
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options

Poor baby! It will go better. Last year we had plenty of problems with our cat and she was in the vet even more than me in the hospital. I send you all the strength you need.
This discussion has been closed.