Downsizers - December 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    Turning a negative into a positive

Some of us struggled in November. I know for myself part of the problem is I focused on the negatives and not the positives. I challenge you to take any negative that is affecting your weight loss and put a positive spin on it. You can either keep it to yourself or post it here on the team chat.

Negative: I have severe pain so I can’t do any exercise which keeps me from losing weight. What’s the use of trying!
    Positive: Lots of people have lost weight without exercise so I can do it also! In a month I can start swimming so I will focus on that. I can lose weight!

Negative: My binge eating is out of control so what’s the use of trying.
    Positive: I am seeking help and you beat this before. I will forgive myself for a binge and move on. I can lose weight.

Negative: I am dealing with a lot of stress and I can’t do anything about it and it is keeping me from losing weight. What’s the use of trying.
    Positive: The stress is temporary and will pass. I will picture what my life will look like when the stress goes away. I can lose weight.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Well I gained over this past week😞

CW 213
    Yesterday’s steps 14,694

Time to get back to eating better and drinking a lot more water.
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi Megan,
    My step goal was 8000, but can I move it to 10,000?
    Thank you.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    i8fb4iiuxizs.jpg
    0yo2th2lf90b.png
    6x9gs1t6babi.png
    udc4kumdtxg6.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    gijfkho7rydd.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    9xdwol1yd7us.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @hipari 2.39 %
    2nd @lelbarou 2.24%
    3rd @goingape 2.10 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @lelbarou 7.6 Lbs
    2nd @hipari 5.2 Lbs
    3rd @firefly743 4.6 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @anido1
    @ShowKitten
    @shortyjmorgan1
    @machchic
    @angmarie28
    @kiane50
    @ells_runs
    @gwamajtw91
    @Bluetail6

hw61x6uacgiw.png

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    scribb wrote: »

CW 213
    Yesterday’s steps 14,694

That’s way I weigh on Friday’s as it gives me a chance to recover from weekends. 😊
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    ar0g83c4bpi2.jpeg

Laura aka @lelbarou

Hi, Laura!!! I hope you have a wonderful day and feel all of the blessings coming your way!
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Awww! Thank you @363days - This group is a real blessing and I'm so happy to be part of it. You are all AMAZING and so supportive! Thank you!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    gjbucn4ht113.jpg
    n4byw4ohtjcu.png
    pea9ism7ocm9.png
    0kt7n4t3d30b.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    rgntyf28sfsx.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    mdd70x3psgxf.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @machchic 6.47 %
    2nd @lelbarou 5.97%
    3rd @Bluetail6 5.93 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @lelbarou 21.0 Lbs
    2nd @littleflutterby 14.8 Lbs
    3rd @davidji82 13.9 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @robros310
    @SisuMom2019
    @curvycalorie
    @kandi3570
    @happimess01
    @vjsky
    @adhmrh
    @sleepymom5
    @simbersea

a03q9z22jeif.png

• 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Could everyone (new comers and old timers) let me know if they are planning or wanting to be added to our step challenge?... Also could you give me a number of steps you plan on doing daily ....if you hit that number 2 days or more you get recognized weekly ...Good luck everyone ...and Thank you :)

Is there any chance of converting our exercise minutes to steps?
    If yes. Then I will like to join.
    Thanks
  • 363days
    Options

Some of us struggled in November. I know for myself part of the problem is I focused on the negatives and not the positives. I challenge you to take any negative that is affecting your weight loss and put a positive spin on it. You can either keep it to yourself or post it here on the team chat.

I gained a pound in November but with the challenge officially starting tomorrow, I think I've lost that pound - up and down 4 during the month. I also relate to @Megan_smartiepants1970 in that when I was here 6 years ago I started at 2 pounds less than I am now. I want to figure this thing out about why I have gone up and down 10-15 pounds, the SAME 10-15 pounds for 15 years. Why aren't I letting go of it? What is it doing for me? This is what I will be working on discovering this month. I love this group of women. You are all so supportive!
  • 363days
    Options
    Woohoo!!! Welcome to a shiny new month!!!!

Here are some free clean slates, for anyone who needs one!!

8p909mwcs1qh.png

For those who don't know me....

I'm Tanya, I'm a 32 year old Brit who now lives in Toronto, Canada! I've been here nearly 6 years. I live with my wife, Gael, and our 3 kitties!

I work at Starbucks as a supervisor- a job that is NOT recommended if you want to lose weight, because of all the free and cheap treats! But I love my job!

I'm passionate about football (soccer). I'm a die-hard Liverpool FC fan. I'm also an ex-competitive swimmer so love watching that on the TV.

I'm also working towards starting an online degree course in Psychology! I am really looking forward to learning and aiming towards getting myself a career!!

This covid thing has been a blessing and a curse. I'm a bit late jumping on the "healthy lifestyle during the pandemic" thing. November was my first month here at f2f and it has been wonderful! It helps me stay on track and also made some new friends! Which is always a bonus! It really helped because I lost just shy of 15lb in my first month!

I really enjoyed challenging myself last month, getting into healthy habits, and I am going to add to it!

Daily Personal Challenges for December

* Track every day, under calories, no restricting
    * Drink at least 2L water a day
    * Count my "fresh air" intake- if ya know what I mean- (this is a habit I really need to cut down on and be mindful)
    * In bed before midnight every day
    * Awake and out of bed by 9am every day

If you are new here- welcome! We have a great team here and we are here for you every day- the good, the bad and the ugly!! Stick with us, share with with us and let us get to know you- you're not alone!!!

2rtmgz3yqb8g.jpg

You did fantastic in November, not just with the weight loss, but your exercise as well. I love hearing about your goal to take an online course. Thanks for sharing your details, it is exciting to know more about you and your family.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Tracked Yes
    Under calories Meet goal
    Steps 14,817 tracked
    Exercise Leg HIT

After feeling so gross yesterday I did everything I was supposed to do. Down 2 lbs of gross bloat today but still feel yucky. I watched carbs.

Steps were from legs HIT workout which is not my favorite and cleaning. I consider my dog walk my moment to myself. He turns 15 in December so I try very hard to enjoy him while he is still with me.

Only thing I failed on was water on the weekend challenge.
  • 363days
    Options
    Z10Rtza wrote: »
    Good morning beautiful people!
    I'm Ziortza. I'm 36 years old (Though with corona times I feel that as I didn't celebrate my birthday I can say I'm still 35). I'm from Bilbao, Basque Country but I end up moving to Maastricht, The Netherlands looking for job. In Spain I tried absolutely everything and there was no way to find a job. So I decide to move. That was in 2016, now we are in 2020 and I'm still here.
    I have had I think all the eating disorders ever. Mostly bulimia but that luckily was a battle that I won.
    Due to many different things, I'm somehow not able to lose weight. I lose a bit and then I go up again. And up and down. When you check my graphic, it looks like someone has been playing aerobics with it.
    I entered in F2F in June because I wanted to feel more committed and be together with more people who would understand me. And I'm so grateful. Did I lose weight in this five months? Nope. But, do I feel better with myself than 5 months ago? Hell yeah.
    I had a Gastric Sleeve in 2008 and at the moment I lost a lot of weight but it came back quite soon. Which it was sort of predicted. But well..
    I have hypothyroidism, polycystic ovary syndrome, severe apnea, obesity and I'm still kicking. I LOVE SPORTS. I love everything that is dancing. And now I started to be obsessed with my Wii Fit and the Hoola Hoop games. I'm passionate at everything * Not a possible remedy* .
    I enjoy a lot the step challenges and the weekend challenges. I'm really competitive. (Ask my girlfriend or my cat. Yes. I said my cat. You read good.)
    My goals are:
    1) to treat myself better.
    2) to eat 5 times a day.
    3) to sit at least 2 times when I'm eating.
    4) do 8.000 steps
    5) positive talk in the mirror every morning.

I will be here to try to motivate all of you toguether with @littleflutterby
    0r8ifjinqcjt.jpg

Thank you for your story. My daughter and I went to Spain 2 years ago and I was delighted with what I saw of the country. As I watch my foreign movies, it teaches me about the country and the people in a different way and it is a fascinating country. What a great success to feel better about yourself after joining this site. I, too, have felt those benefits just from one month and although I wanted to quit trying to do well eating, I didn't want to quit the group so it kept me trying. Thank you for being a motivator.
  • 363days
    Options
    Hello Everyone.... I am Megan ..I am the Temporary co-captain of this wonderful team ..I am also a Moderator ..I am in charge of recruiting and I help the other moderators if problems arise ....I am a single mom to 2 kids ... My son who is 21 and does not live with me ... and my daughter who is 15 and I have home schooled her since she started school..This year she is a Sophomore in High School so she doesn't need my help much anymore ... She knows the routine ...... I am an animal lover ... I have 2 grandma cats ( I have had them for 16 years and 15 1/2 years ) named Kylie and Mocha (both Calicos) I have a German Shepherd named Dakota he turned 3 in October ... I have a Siberian Husky named Aspen who turned 3 on the 22nd of December ...and I have a very talkative parrot named Petey ....I was born in Alberta Canada (I was adopted as a baby ) ...I have lived in California most of my life ... I am wanting to move to Colorado I WANT SNOW!!! :p I have been on and off of MFP since 2009 ... When things got tough I had a bad habit of giving up and deleting my accounts ...No more of that non sense .... If there is anything you want to know more about me feel free to ask... I am an open book ... If there is anything I can help you with please do not hesitate to ask ....Wishing everyone much success :)

Meghan, it is always great to meet a fellow animal lover and love knowing their types and names. I totally relate to quitting and starting again. I want to stay and keep trying but consistency and focus is a challenge for me. Colorado - I love it !! My son recently lived there and we spent every Thanksgiving with him (a couple of other trips a year, too). It is a lovely place and what I really love about it is the level of fitness you see around you. I always come back feeling enthused. You have been a great inspiration and I appreciate all you have done for our group.
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options

Negative: I have severe pain so I can’t do any exercise which keeps me from losing weight. What’s the use of trying!
    Positive: Lots of people have lost weight without exercise so I can do it also! In a month I can start swimming so I will focus on that. I can lose weight!

Negative: My binge eating is out of control so what’s the use of trying.
    Positive: I am seeking help and you beat this before. I will forgive myself for a binge and move on. I can lose weight.

Negative: I am dealing with a lot of stress and I can’t do anything about it and it is keeping me from losing weight. What’s the use of trying.
    Positive: The stress is temporary and will pass. I will picture what my life will look like when the stress goes away. I can lose weight.

I'm going to try this too . I find it really interesting 😊
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    scribb wrote: »

CW 213
    Yesterday’s steps 14,694

You can do it! Try to drink water before each meal 😉
This discussion has been closed.