Chatroom

Options

Replies

• Katerr1kk
    Katerr1kk Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Just the standard version here, @violetanderson39 I can do everything I need with it and not sure what you get for the premium!
  • mugginskate
    mugginskate Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I'm been busy to the max. I maintained my weight this week, but I would have liked to see a drop. Trying to get more serious this week.

Megan
  • human_bean
    human_bean Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I was on a short yoga retreat this weekend, didn't have great internet, so didn't check in! Hope everyone is doing well!:) The retreat was a great break, and it was so much easier to follow a healthy lifestyle when everything was organised for me, I had a good reset weekend :))

I have a few recommendations for anyone who is looking for yoga: 'yoga with Adriene', she's very popular on youtube and she is a lovely teacher. Leigha Butler is amazing, but she is bit more advanced. "Fightmaster yoga" is good too :)

@violetanderson39 I didn't try yoga on MFP, but I tried regular workouts here and wasn't very impressed. I am happy to share, but I didn't get what to share, hhh :)))

@momofthree9845 Welcome to the group!!:)

It's nice to be back with all of you, have an awesome week!
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    @violetanderson39 I have premium- what would you like to know? 😊
  • violetanderson39
    violetanderson39 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    @human_bean Welcome back! I totally get the wonderful ease of having things planned!! As the planner in the family, it's sooooo nice when someone else is doing it and it doesn't conflict with my own goals!!

Thanks for the feedback on the workouts. I've looked at them a little bit but am happy with my current routine - it's good to know that they might not be worth investing the effort in and to just stick to my happy spot for now!

@CurvyCalorie I'd like to know your general impression and if it does feel like it has good features - what you like and use that's not part of the standard access. I've been having a hard time knowing exactly how it might help.

We all made it through Monday! I was very happy to be back in 'the gym' (as I call my basement workout area :-) COVID times means I've renamed areas of my house to make it feel like I'm leaving home - I tell J that "i'm off to the gym!" when I go... gotta have some humor!!).
  • human_bean
    Options
    @violetanderson39

I looooooove that you renamed areas of your house it's genius!!!:))))
    I honestly don't remember what features are not included in the premium version, I think I started using premium pretty much right away , but the things I use are logging and community, honestly everything else is not that helpful to me personally.
    --

So I came here to vent! I have lost about 3 kg since I started focusing on my health, I have another 6kg to go but I hit such a damn hardcore plateau, for almost 2 months I'm not losing any weight even though I'm mostly hitting my calorie goal and exercising quite regularly. And I do have a lot of weight to lose! I didn't even lose all of my covid-added weight yet.

I feel like I have to lower my calorie intake, but I really don't want to do it as I have food addiction history and when I get hard-core cravings, I lose my mind. It is so frustratiiiing and I don't know what I'm doing wrong :(((

Anyways, just wanted to share with you guys and see if anyone has any tips or has been through something like that and overcame it.

Have a lovely day!!!
  • human_bean
    Options
    Actually, I also want to say thank you to this community, I love having a place where I can vent, it helps a ton! ❤
  • Katerr1kk
    Options
    I'm in a similar plateau @human_bean it's so frustrating. I'm trying to focus on the NSVs (clothes feeling better, measurements dropping etc) but it is so hard when you know you are doing everything right. I just keep on keeping on and hope that something gives.
  • mugginskate
    mugginskate Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    @human_bean , when I used Noom (great app) it talked about plateaus, and I'm pretty sure it said to change nothing. Keep consistent with your exercise and keep consistent with you food logging, and things should change. I hit a plateau before and I eventually saw the weight drop again. They talk a lot on there too about caloric density. For example eating 10 grapes will make you a lot fuller than 10 raisins. I loved Noom because it looked at the psychology behind what we do and what we eat and helped with making lasting changes. I recommend checking it out if you haven't before.

Megan
  • violetanderson39
    Options
    @human_bean Adding my support to the other comments here! Plateaus are ... awful to say the least. But, you do want to hang in there.

I listen to a podcast called Mind Pump - a group of trainers turned podcasters. They frequently will talk about (and I think Noom touches on this) the plateaus and how they can be addressed. Frequently cutting calories will get you into a hole. They can advocate for even upping your calories by a tiny bit (maybe 100 or so) and just changing the workouts so you body is challenged in a new way. Not MORE workouts - just different. So if you usually do long runs, doing some intervals for a bit .... or if you lift and usually do 3 sets of 15, try 5 sets of 5... etc. The body will respond to the new demands by having to adapt the muscle and oxygen use, etc. That can help with a stalemate - and can give a new boost in focus (At least it can help me).

Just food for thought! Our bodies get efficient at what we are doing - as it's supposed to because it's amazing!! So, we have to change it up sometimes.

@mugginskate I enjoyed Noom for a bit! It was helpful to get my mind focused again. The daily articles got me in a habit of thinking about everything early in the day and every day! Super helpful. And I think that skill and the focus on community is helping me use MFP effectively this time! So - thanks for helping us all find a space to do that!!!
  • human_bean
    Options
    Thank you soooo much everyone!

@Katerr1kk We can get through this!! Keep me posted on your progress :) I will try some new workouts I think

@violetanderson39 thank you for mentioning the podcast, I will definitely check it out, love consuming my information via podcasts.

Thank you for all the advice and support!
  • violetanderson39
    Options
    @human_bean I love that too! These guys have very helpful info and good instructional videos on their youtube channel if you need guidance on form for lifts, etc. I usually skip the first 45 minutes or so because they're just chatting about stuff. Sometimes that part has interesting info - but I like their questions at the end. They have those bookmarked in their notes if you want to just get to those. :smile: I'm a podcast junkie!

If anyone has a fitness or inspirational podcast they love - let me know!! :smile:
  • human_bean
    Options
    Hi girls ( if we are not only girls here, super sorry and please let me know)

I hope everyone's week is going well, would love to hear more!

I have stopped panicking about the plateau and accepted the reality of it, so just continuing with my regular routine and will try some new wokouts.

@violetanderson39

I have a amaaaaazing podcast for runners - RunSelfieRepeat, I did couch to 5K with her and if anyone wants to get into running and is new to that - I super recommend it. I would have never stuck with running if not for this podcast, the host is the most amazing person and knows how to encourage you! At some point I kept going for runs just so I can listen to her :))

• Katerr1kk
    Options
    Thanks for the recommendation @human_bean, that sounds really good. I've just (re)started running and am getting a bit bored of running with nothing to listen to.

@violetanderson39 have you seen Ashley Horner? I think she has a podcast, she is very motivational (and in amazing shape!)
  • violetanderson39
    Options
    Katerr1kk wrote: »
    @violetanderson39 have you seen Ashley Horner? I think she has a podcast, she is very motivational (and in amazing shape!)

Haven't looked into her - will do so now!! :smile:

Also will check out @human_bean podcast! Thanks Ladies!! (I've also been assuming we're all ladies as I don't think I've seen different yet... though happy to have the gents too!!)

We're almost to Friday!
  • Pushkinnz
    Pushkinnz Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies
    Sorry I haven't been checking in, I've been feeling sorry for myself, i rushed back to the pools the other week too fast after my cellulitis infection and the skin has opened up again, so I'm back to bandages and staying home, have been giving in a little on my food also. Got to get my mind back onto the right things.
  • violetanderson39
    Options
    Pushkinnz wrote: »
    Morning Ladies
    Sorry I haven't been checking in, I've been feeling sorry for myself, i rushed back to the pools the other week too fast after my cellulitis infection and the skin has opened up again, so I'm back to bandages and staying home, have been giving in a little on my food also. Got to get my mind back onto the right things.

A Pity Party is good once in a while. But I've always found mine tend to end quicker if I log all my pity party food! :wink: Welcome back!
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies!
    I find it so hard to keep up with everything. Sorry. It never occurred to me that I could log on the computer and actually see everything! LOL DUH!! Any whooooo.....

I'm going to check out all the podcast's. Excellent idea!

@human_bean Plateaus are the worst! Hang in there. I agree that changing your routine, and eating a bit more shakes things up. I'm not a patient person though so its hard to be patient! You got this!!

@violetanderson39 I do have the premium, but like @human_bean I pretty much went for it right at the beginning. Mostly because of the ad's. They drive me crazy. I don't think its necessary, as in , I don't think I use premium features as much. My original goal was to be able to set meal goals, and have them different on different days. Turns out I don't pay any attention to that anyway. haha

I think there should be a LOL button! So many comments are funny, and brighten my day. I feel like I am downgrading my expressions with a thumbs up.

Have a great Friday. Cheers!
  • violetanderson39
    Options
    Good morning Ladies!
    I find it so hard to keep up with everything. Sorry. It never occurred to me that I could log on the computer and actually see everything! LOL DUH!! Any whooooo.....

I'm going to check out all the podcast's. Excellent idea!

@human_bean Plateaus are the worst! Hang in there. I agree that changing your routine, and eating a bit more shakes things up. I'm not a patient person though so its hard to be patient! You got this!!

@violetanderson39 I do have the premium, but like @human_bean I pretty much went for it right at the beginning. Mostly because of the ad's. They drive me crazy. I don't think its necessary, as in , I don't think I use premium features as much. My original goal was to be able to set meal goals, and have them different on different days. Turns out I don't pay any attention to that anyway. haha

I think there should be a LOL button! So many comments are funny, and brighten my day. I feel like I am downgrading my expressions with a thumbs up.

Have a great Friday. Cheers!

Agree that we need a LOL button!! :smile:

Thanks for the info on the premium. Sounds like I'm ok unless I get really detailed. Right now my goal is just to keep within calorie goals for the next few weeks to get that habit down. After that, I might worry about macros per meal - that might break my brain though :wink:

I also find it easier to use a compute for this site rather than a mobile app... at least to keep up with posts and community. I spend a good time of my morning and early day in front of a keyboard, so that's easy. I'm gonna try to make a good effort over the weekend - cause I do think that it helps me stay focused and on track!

I have some great family but they are more "it's all ok - you're great no matter what you eat and size" - which I support. But it makes it hard to connect over the desire to drop weight and be healthy sometimes. So, this is a great support for me!! Seeing others that care mean I'm not the only one! :smile:

We made it to FRIDAY ladies!!!
  • human_bean
    Options
    Happy weekend everyone!!!

@CurvyCalorie genius idea, LOL button is an absolute must,hhhh

@Pushkinnz damn, sorry about your infection coming back! I can totally relate, whenever I have to wait out some injury/sickness, I almost always rush into things too quickly and injure myself again. And then I blame the world of being too cruel :))) I hope you'll get better quickly! Is there any physical activity you can still do now or not at all?

@violetanderson39 seeing a watermelon on your profile pic always makes me crave a watermelon xD

I'm moving to a new apartment today! woo-hoo! I mean, I absolutely hate moving and this time I have made a mistake of not hiring movers ( BIG mistake), but I'm trying to look at it as an extra exercise activity!

Hope everyone is having a fun restful weekend!