Oatmeal with carrots and yellow squash
    Air fried potatoes and a big salad
    Left over veggie soup an Tinkyada gf noodles
    Dark chocolate

HAGDE!
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,894 Member
    Options
    Magic, that is awesome that you got your results and cancer free! Woohoo! Best news I've heard all week for sure.

Thanks for starting December, Austin. I am determined to get caught up over the next couple weeks so that we're not scrambling the end of the year like usual, and maybe I can actually enjoy the holidays. And of course also determined to stay the course eating better and better each day.

Today was good... eating a lot of oatmeal, leftover cooked veggies from the freezer, brown rice, Dr. McD soups this week. No time to cook. Will try to get back to checking in daily the rest of the week.

• __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    B - Bran & flax flakes, berries, almonds, soy milk; coffee.

L - Avocado toast; clementine

D - Bean & chicken burrito; brown rice w/ turmeric, cumin & salsa

Meat/dairy: 20%
    Fruit/veg weight: 250g
    Bodyweight/Balance: Yes
    Walk: Yes

Very small improvement from yesterday. Posting for accountability.
  • ShredWeek1
    ShredWeek1 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    What a terrific headline for December!

With all the good news about the vaccine, my spirits are lifted.

I'm doing a steady hour at the gym (which was my goal for November) and it is making all the difference. Knowing how loggy too much food makes me feel tends to keep me in check when I'm tempted to chow down.

That being said, now the cleanest eating..I'm working on omitting any flour/sugar of any type, but we have discovered this exquisite bakery not far from Whole Foods, so even though I have a very thin oatmeal raisin cookie it isn't quite compliant.

The bakery is named Bittersweet, and it is one of those magical places that you'd like to live in...lots of unique items (none of which are actually useful, all of which are beautiful) and everything for purchase looks like a work of art.

Still down 5 lbs this years, which is 15 lbs less then my goal, but given how challenging the year has been, I'll take it.

Cancer free, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!!!!!
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had a major crash with laptop and I -pad. Using the phone now which is tedious.

Magic- what a relief for you test results! Congratulations.

I agree about the vaccine news. It can’t come soon enough. The one good thing for me is cooking at home and trying more vegetarian recipes. Most recent was a Shepherds pie from Oh She Glows. I did have a fail this week with eggplant garbanzo bean soup. The spices were not right. I dropped and broke my pestle (for grinding spices) that I had forever. Back to sweet potato black bean chili today.

B-spinach square, German seed bread with almond butter.
    L- salad with beans
    D- sweet potato
    Soup

E - walk dogs and Peleton class
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Morning sweet peas!
    Coffee
    Oatmeal with 1 shredded zucchini 1/2 c almond and 1/2 c water.
    Big salad with two Trader Joe’s corn tortillas air fried
    Air fried baby potatoes with ketchup
    Grapefruit Bubly

HAGDE! 🌸
  • Mihani
    Options
    Hi all! Still crazed at work. I brought home lots to do tomorrow and Sunday but I am so hoping to be more ahead of the game by Christmas this year. I am sooooo tired of year after year scrambling end of year.

TMac hope all is well with you! Avocado toast is so yummy. My favorite is avocado, baby spinach, tomato, lots of black pepper.

Bisky, hope you got the laptop working. That stinks!

Magic, menu looks lovely. Yum!

Shred that bakery sounds dangerous, and delightful!

Austin, how's your world?

I am off to read, relax, get up early and get to work.

• Mihani
    Options
    Howdy all... busy Saturday working and heading back upstairs to my desk as soon as the load of laundry in the dryer gets done. In the meantime I'll get my salads for the week set up and make salad dressing. I think the punchy mustard this week.

Plan for today...
    B - ezekiel toast and almond milk yogurt
    L - salad, an apple
    D - stir-fry broccoli, peppers, carrot, onion with brown rice
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    nseh4xyu48ay.gif

Good morning, friends!

I am sorry to have been so quiet this week. I have been a bit overwhelmed by life. On the plus side, I have kept at my food plan and kept up with movement.

Plan for today:
    - coffee and cashew milk
    - steamed turnip greens, navy beans and chopped tomatoes; steamed zucchini, mushroom, carrot and onion; steamed turnip and butternut squash with apples and blueberries
    - goji berries and almond butter
    - big salad with homemade plant based dressing (my current fave is a warm one made with broccoli, nutritional yeast and dijon mustard)

Other plans for today: morning workout (Jenny Ford!), family zoom call (2 hours!) for my husband's aunt (I will do this on the treadmill, maybe), catch up on laundry, declutter office (at least 3 x 20 min sprints)

@Mihani - Your menu looks great! I hope you are having a pleasant and productive day today. You work so hard!

@magic71755 - I am so SO happy about your test results! What better news could there be! As it happens, I am typing while listening to a nutrition documentary on Netflix called The C Word. Great motivation to keep up at all the great food and exercise choices.
    Yum to your menu! Grapefruit Bubly sounds fun!

@bisky - I am so sorry about your mortar and pestle. Will you get another?
    And boo the the recipe fail, but yay to making the try! I always think it's good to experiment and shake things up. ANd then, yeah, sometimes a recipe looks great... and is NOT!

@__TMac__ - I love your work on small changes and accountability!

ef582iyv2hob.gif
  • kellyrslp
    kellyrslp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, first group joined.
    Eat to Live is my goal
  • Mihani
    Options
    Hi kellyrslp! Welcome to the group. Are you following ETL now or just getting started? Initially this group was focused mostly on Dr. Fuhrman, but we've expanded it to embrace all the WFPB docs.

Happy Monday y'all.

Plan for today...
    B - oats with blueberries and chia seeds
    L - Dr. McD soup, apple with a smidge of PB
    D - big ol' salad with some chickpeas added
  • magic71755
    Options
    Welcome, Kelly...happy to have you aboard!

Today's Plan

coffee
    50/50 oatmeal with homemade almond milk...1/2 cup shredded zucchini, cinnamon, maple syrup
    50/50 plate: Tinkyada penne, spinach, Recipe #99 TJs pasta sauce
    50/50 plate: vegan soup mix https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RXAK1PE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 with veggies and Lotus Rice Ramen

dark chocolate Asian pear

Trying the 50/50 approach. Started it last week but did not do so great. This week will be better.

HAGDE!
  • magic71755
    edited December 2020
    Options

Pic 1. Getting there. Spinach starting to wilt

Pic 2. Closed HOT LOGIC

Just finished eating...turned out great! Better than any frozen out there! 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Next time, adding mushrooms and onions.

Going to really figure this out and have meals ready for cooking at work.
  • magic71755
    Options
    coffee
    oatmeal
    pasta sauce, spinach, onions and mushrooms...lotus rice ramen. seriously good
    not sure...poatoes and spinach, mushroom and onions

pear

HAGDE! <3
  • Mihani
    Options
    Work is crazy crazy crazy. I'm doing okay diet-wise but exercise is totally on hold and that has to be addressed. I feel better when I get regular exercise. I know this yet it's the first thing that goes by the wayside when I'm busy. And unfortunately (or I guess fortunately because it's job security) I'm always busy.

B - ezekiel toast with a smidge of PB
    L - leftover stir-fry and brown rice, a couple wasa crackers
    D - big ol' salad with chickpeas

Magic, what do you mean by 50/50 approach?
  • magic71755
    Options
    Half plate non starchy...half plate starchy...dr mcdougall starch solution
  • magic71755
    Options
    Black coffee
    Oatmeal with blueberries
    Lunch same as yesterday
    Salad with side of air fried potatoes

Pear

HAGDE! 🌸🎄🌸
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    4dcbc51i0tgm.gif

Good morning, peeps!

I am about to go run an errand, but wanted to say hello!

@kellyrslp -- Woohoo! Welcome! Eat to Live has been hugely, hugely helpful for me. That's what I do, and I am happy to chat about it! Let us know how you are doing!

@magic71755 - Your menu looks great as usual!!

@Mihani - Whatever movement you can fit in this month, please celebrate every time. December is so busy for you that it's amazing to me when you fit ANY exercise in!!

More later!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Just back from errands and about to go make lunch. Plan for today:

- Breakfast coffee & cashew milk
    - Lunch (planned): steamed spinach with navy beans and tomatoes; steamed zucchini, parsnip, carrot & onion; steamed butternut squash with diced jicama & apple
    - Snack: apple & a couple of cashews
    - Dinner: big salad with warm broccoli & mustard dressing
    - Movement: platform stepping and/or outdoor walk
  • Mihani
    Options
    Austin the steamed spinach with navy beans and tomatoes and etc. sounds delightful. Hope you enjoyed!

Magic, that's a good plan!

Today...
    B - ezekiel toast with a smidge of PB and a handful of frozen blueberries slightly defrosted
    L - Dr McD soup and an apple
    D - big ol' salad with chickpeas added, a couple wasa crackers

Work to do tonight so this is a quick hello! I am feeling a bit run down and my stomach isn't quite right the past week or so. Going to do some yoga and mindfulness tonight to combat stress.