December 2 Sign In

Options

Replies

• Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    @dsgoingtodoit Oooh, muddy trail walk sounds like so much fun.
    Personally I don’t use my exercise calories the vast majority of the time. Long ago I worked out a calorie goal that’s covers my average weekly exercise at my goal weight. That helped me get to goal weight first time around and stay there until injury stopped my exercise routine. The same goal is getting me back to fighting weight now that I’m training again. For me the magic numbers occur between 1600 and 1800 calories. If I go below that for more than a couple of days, I run out of energy. If I have a much harder than normal day I will allow myself up to 2000 on that day or the next if I feel I need it. I like to have a fixed amount to work with when planning my food, although I rarely plan everything. I plan the main stuff and know what I have available to fill it up, depending on how I feel on the day. This gives me flexibility to meet daily desires or cravings but enough structure that food is quick and easy because it’s all planned and aspects premade if needed.
    One person’s opinion to consider. Take what helps you and ignore the rest, or try things to see if they work for you.