Chatroom

Options

Replies

• Katerr1kk
    Katerr1kk Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

I hope the move isn't too stressful @human_bean

@Pushkinnz I hope you are feeling better soon.
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

@human_bean Good luck with your move, and your extra calories burned will be out of this world!! :smiley: Enjoy your new apartment!

@Pushkinnz Oye! I'm so sorry! Take care of you! I know so easily said.

Sunday is our cookie day for the family. Everyone is coming over and cooking, eating exchanging....Yikes wish me luck. Monday is my weigh in day. haha December is going to be a challenge.
  • Pushkinnz
    Pushkinnz Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Afternoon Ladies

Thank you for your sympathies, my mind is back on track, just have to watch what i eat and be patient till infection is gone, back on antibiotics so hopefully wont take too long. Did have some good news from the doctors my diabetes blood test result came back at 52 which is very good control.

@violetanderson39 I logged my pity party food, didn't go over as much as i thought on calories, but bread and cheese definitely wrong food to eat.

@human_bean i can do light upper body exercises but that is about it at moment.
  • mugginskate
    mugginskate Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Golly, sorry I haven't been on much this week. I had a pretty rough week and spent most of my free time watching Dawson's Creek. I'm up a lb and a bit this week, so I really want to refocus and get back on track. I seem to have lost sight of who I am and who I want to be. My anxiety and depression seem to consume my life...almost like they define me, which I hate.

I love all the podcast suggestions! I too love me some good podcasts.

I'm scheduling running into this coming week. I hope it's helpful.

Megan
  • human_bean
    human_bean Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi Goal getters! :))
    I moved!! And it indeed was a calorie burn festival! I hated every minute of it :D

@Pushkinnz How is your week going? Are you managing to do some light exercises? How are you feeling?

@CurvyCalorie How did the cookie day go? It sounds super delicious and I would totally stuff my face with all the cookies. Just of of them :D

@mugginskate Megan, I am so sorry to hear you are going through this tough period, I admire that you still schedule workouts, when my anxiety overtakes, runs helps a lot to manage it, but it can be damn hard to get out of the house. I hope you can at least go for long walks, if working out is too hard! I would also recommend another podcast, it's called "terrible, thanks for asking" , it gets me through tough times. Sending you a lot of love and keep us posted on how you feel!

In general, how is everyone?

Rita
  • violetanderson39
    violetanderson39 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    @Pushkinnz I have a weakness for bread and cheese too. In fact, yesterday my PMS drove me to eat cheese sandwiches!! Not the best for the scale but Me and J agree it's best for our relationship sometimes ;-) LOL..

@mugginskate Every little bit helps get us in motion again. I agree with @human_bean - A walk can do wonders. I hope you hang in there.

OMG!! @human_bean I LOVE that podcast!! It's soooo real. My sister and I swear by it. Sometimes it helps to be reminded that life sucks and we just keep going. As I've said lately, one foot in front of the other slowly still gets me to the destination.

I had a busy but good weekend. Totally blew any weight progress and yesterday was NOT the day for worrying about that. But today I'm more clear headed and gonna get back on track!

This group just made my day. I should have checked in yesterday - I might not have skidded sideways :smile:

Stay strong ladies!!!
  • violetanderson39
    Options
    Question! How do you guys get lots of steps when it's cold outside! I usually take a couple walks around the block - but I'm a wuss and when it's below freezing I generally can't make myself get out there!! Any hints?
  • CurvyCalorie
    Options
    These weeks fly by when your logging everything! Whew!!
    @violetanderson39 I bit the bullet and rejoined Planet fitness. Our town really does not have anywhere warm to walk, and I hate the cold.

I did discover that if you do the treadmill - if you increase the incline, not necessarily the speed you burn a ton more calories in a shorter period of time. ** join me for more helpful tips you may already know** hahahah

I still need to checkout all the podcasts.

I did the bodpod yesterday and my weight was 172.166 and my scale weighed me at 172 so I would say my new scale is pretty on point! I got all good news. Down 10 pounds, very little muscle loss, and working my way down the BMI scale. Woot Woot

Happy Wednesday everyone!!

• violetanderson39
    Options
    I did discover that if you do the treadmill - if you increase the incline, not necessarily the speed you burn a ton more calories in a shorter period of time. ** join me for more helpful tips you may already know** hahahah

HAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!
    @CurvyCalorie I loved that this morning!! Totally easy to forget the 'simple' ways to boost progress! I don't know how many times I say "oh!! Duh!" about something simple.

Way to go!! You have victories to dance about!!

Gyms here aren't an option right now... but they are wonderful heated places!!! *Sigh.
  • violetanderson39
    Options
    We're almost to the weekend!! Wheee!!!
  • momofthree9845
    momofthree9845 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the big weight loss @CurvyCalorie! That's awesome! And thanks for the note regarding the incline on the treadmill. You've inspired me to get moving!

Going to try and stay motivated this week! Definitely haven't been on point for the past two weeks. You guys are so motivating!
  • Pushkinnz
    Options
    Leg is healed woot!! and i waited a few extra days this time but will be back at pools tomorrow

hope everyone is doing great
  • CurvyCalorie
    Options
    Tomorrow is my weigh in. My goal is 170.4, but it would be SO sweet if i saw 169 on the scale. 🤞🏼🤞🏼
  • violetanderson39
    Options
    @CurvyCalorie Sounds doable!! Just a little more!! You got this - this week you can hit that!! :smile:
  • momofthree9845
    momofthree9845 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That's great about your leg @Pushkinnz! Good news.

How did the weigh-in go @CurvyCalorie? I'm scared to do that, going to wait until next week!

I had to give my kids a thorough talking to about homework today. They're staying home due to covid because we're looking after my 92 year old grandfather. They seemed to think it was a free pass!

I got a bit stressed out at work and didn't do my yoga or walk so I will be doing that today! Hope everyone is having a good week!
  • CurvyCalorie
    Options
    @violetanderson39 @momofthree9845
    Me weigh in was.....**drumm roll**
    169.2. Woooo Hooo What a great feeling!

Momofthree I only have one at home now, and in 11th grade. She has been doing as well as can be expected. Then one day... we were on the way to the DMV to get her learners permit, and I opened her grade card. She had 14 absence’s in one class! What the heck! I know better than that - as I’m a SAHM, and had been helping her with this particular class. I had even emailed the teacher on numerous occasions. Not one call from the school, not one email from the teacher 😡 😳😳 She was all kinds of upset! Still to be determined what is going to happen with all those absences. They did not excuse any of them. 🤯😡But good news she passed her learners permit test. Fortunately I didn’t have to kill her for the absences! Hopefully, the school will come to their senses! Any hoooo stressful times!
    My Mom also lives with us. 💕

• Pushkinnz
    Options
    been busy last 2 days but finished the Christmas shopping! when we went to pay for it a lovely lady handed us a copy of the stores shareholders letter which gave us 12.5% discount off all our presents isn't that so cool! and it could be reused so we handed it on to another shopper who had a full trolley and a few kids, to help her out, and told her to pass it on to someone else when she was finished.
  • CurvyCalorie
    Options
    @Pushkinnz That’s amazing! 🎄
  • human_bean
    human_bean Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Girls, hi!

I haven't checked the chat in like a week :(

So fun to read the messages though :))

My goal for this week is to just survive, seriously, I moved in with my boyfriend and we both have male cats, they are not getting along yet, but they are driving us freaking insane, they cry all night and I wake up every night at 2am and 4am to play with them so that they can shut up at least for a little bit and then I'm up at 6-7 coz they just won't stop crying. I am sooooo tiiireeed and I as much as I love the cats, I absolutely just want to kill them.

I am behind on my workouts since I am constantly tired, hard to make myself do anything, but I miss them so much. I will try to squeeze some lighter workouts until I am back to normal. Maybe some yoga.

I wish I had more time, I miss doing yoga as well, it makes me feel so good! But I just can't find the time to do it.

@mugginskate

Wondering if everything is okay with you <3

@violetanderson39

It is so hard for me to reach my step goal when I can't walk outside and there are no treadmills available, the only thing I was able to do is to follow some youtube walking video while watching something fun on a different screen.
    I found that have a standing desk and an aerobic step nearby really helps me to just move throughout the day while I'm working.

@CurvyCalorie
    amazing job on the working that weight off!!

And so interesting to read about what is going on with your daughter's school, I hope everything will workout OK!

• mugginskate
    mugginskate Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the check in, @human_bean . I've been doing alright. I just have two more days of work before two weeks off for Christmas break. I can't wait. I totally hear you about cat troubles. We have two kittens that wake me up every morning and it drives me bananas. I also cannot figure out how to keep my male kitten off the darn table! I've tried so many things to no avail. Any suggestions appreciated.

I've been good at logging my food so far this week. My birthday was last week and I sort of went off the rails with my eating for a few days. But I'm back on track now. Hoping for a good weigh in come Sunday.

@CurvyCalorie I love seeing your commitment and progress, it is very encouraging. Hope things get sorted with your daughter's absences.

I just got off work. Heading home now to make some Christmas ornaments!!

Megan