Downsizers - December 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Quick stop here before I go to the fysiotherapeut.

Steps@Megan_smartiepants1970
    day 3 24.057 steps
    day 4 12.718 steps
    day 5 8.904 steps
    day 6 11.720 steps

Weight
    P.W 133.5 kg = 294,3 lbs
    C.w, 133 kg = 293,2 lbs
    Sorry! Yesterday I was writing and my girlfriend came just in the middle of my writing to pick me up and go to the fysio
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    Z10Rtza wrote: »

Steps @Megan_smartiepants1970
    day 3 24.057 steps
    day 4 12.718 steps
    day 5 8.904 steps
    day 6 11.720 steps

Weight
    P.W 133.5 kg = 294,3 lbs
    C.w,

You didn’t enter your CW. Awesome steps!

Yup! I had an issue :D
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    draby2011 wrote: »
    12/1: 6,924 steps
    12/2: 3,687 steps
    12/3: 8,311 steps
    12/4: 2,981 steps (left my fitbit on the charger :neutral: )
    12/5: 4,084 steps

Tomorrow starts my day fulfilling my personal development plan! I am feeling pretty excited about it too! What are some things that you guys do to remind you to stay on track?! I actually started a squat challenge with my co-worker and when we get downtime we walk/jog around the ER doing exercises in between laps. I am loving it so far!

Accountability helps tonnes. Having friends ask me "how is such-and-such going?" then I have to do it haha

Also- I set goals with my therapist every week - smart goals to help me get to my end goal, whatever that might be, that really helps.

How did your first day go????

I really think I do well with daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly goals. I know it sounds crazy, but it has helped in the past. The first day went well...I forgot my lunch at home but I ordered the healthiest possible meal that I could and I fasted in the afternoon. My co-worker was there yesterday but she was pre-occupied with other things but I still walked laps in between patients to get some decent steps in.

Today was not as good as yesterday but I woke up feeling like crud. I had a terrible headache from the minute I woke up and made it worse by forgetting my glasses at home. *facepalm* I came home and laid down for most of the day before making myself get up to make the kids some hamburger helper. (I'm not mother of the year today lol) Anywho, I have an interview (?) with someone tomorrow for diet and gym training. We will see how that goes. I really need to whip myself into gear because this isn't the life.

Despite being tired, my head still hurting, and being congested (I have terrible sinuses and get recurrent infections so I am 98% sure that I am starting to get one) I am going to go on a walk/run. I think the fresh air will help rid me of the stress that I have going on and also make me feel better physically. It certainly can't hurt right?

I'll be back after my walk to check-in. (Sorry for being so long-winded lol)

As soon as I read that you forgot your glasses at home, that's = headache.
    Giving your kids hamburguer every once in a while doesn't take you off the title of Mother of the year :)
    And good luck with the interview for diet and gym training
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    Littleflutterby
    PW 329.6
    CW 325.8
    Loss- 3.8 (lol I can never be accused of not being consistent, that's the exact same loss 4 out of 6 weeks haha)

LTD- 49.2lb

I am officially nearly 25% of the way there! Started with 200lb to lose.

I'll check back in later all, just grabbing breakfast :)

I'm all the time thinking HOOOW are you doing that? :o
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post December 7
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 110oz
    Steps 9034
    Exercise 30min walking video

I was so snacky yesterday for some reason, resisting all the foods was hard. Got through it though. Last night I was short on steps by about 1 thousand so I stepped in place by my bed until I hit my goal before climbing in.

Yes! I know that feeling! Stepping in place or organizing the house a bit extra for those last steps.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 12/7: 10,648

Goals for the next seven days:
    -No hitting snooze
    -Minimum 15,000 daily steps
    -Minimum 5 minute daily meditation
    -Eat under calories goal

Happy Tuesday!
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN: WEEK 2 (Monday)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    🥤 Water ✔️
    🍽Calories /Tracking✔️
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS
    MON 12/7: 15,000 (spin) + 11,036 (circuit training) + 10,440 = 36,476
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    🥤 Water ✔️
    🍽Calories /Tracking✔️
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS

Killer step count
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,516 Member
    Options
    Steps for 12/6: 8,167
    Steps for 12/7: 9,217

I think I am coming down with a sinus infection and haven't felt great all day. :( I did feel better after a nice evening walk with my dog though :) I am starting to feel it again though, if nothing else, it is just a bad head cold. Tomorrow I am off from the hospital and the surgery center but am doing my annual gift wrap for a dear friend. Likely won't get a lot of steps in but I will get lots of stretches in because she buys a TON of gifts every year and I end up in strange positions trying to wrap them beautifully.

I will check in at some point tomorrow while I am there and fingers crossed, I will be feeling better!

I hope you are feeling better today!

7th December

* Track/ under calories/no restricting - ✔️✔️✔️
    * 2L water ✔️
    * "fresh air" count- 10 ✔️
    * midnight bedtime ✔️
    * Awake and out of bed by 9am ✔️
    Steps- 4339 ( plus 30 min of circuit training, which my sheet works out as 5970) = 10,309

Workouts- 1 out of 4 for the week

I tried to do a circuit training video on my wii, and I'm really glad I did the step conversion, because after the training, in the stretching, i felt light headed and gross. I've been feeling grotty all day. Still feeling rough after yesterday I guess.

Looking at the exercise to step converter, it seems accurate with the dancing I do on the wii, so I am going to maybe take off my fitbit when I exercise because sometimes it makes my wrist irritated.

My wife was having a tough day. She lost her mum about 17 months ago and she has found it really hard. Some days are better than others. So I encouraged her to get showered and dressed and we went for a little drive. I even, somehow, got her to sign up with my dentist. She hasn't been in YEARS has a lot of problems with her teeth. So first appt is booked for next Tuesday. I forgot though that I have an appointment with my endocrinologist 45 min later, on the phone probably, so I won't get much freedom to talk, sadly. But I do want to talk to him about seeing a dietician or a nutritionist.

Anyway, tonight, I am going to go to bed early. I have my usual appointments plus a few calls, and speaking at ANOTHER recovery meeting, so my time is limited. But I am grateful!

I just hope this bloaty feeling leaves before I have to step on the scales in the morning lol

Stay safe all <3

I hope you start feeling better. You are amazing on that wii! Congrats on you awesome weight loss today! You are such an inspiration.

lcfa5317 wrote: »
    4,345 steps today 12/07
    14,509 steps on 12/06
    I weighed in on Saturday- 193 - down 1 lb.
    I haven’t been posting much - my 85 year old mom has Covid & I’m very stressed.
    I haven’t been tracking my food, but I’ve been eating well.
    I sound like a downer. I’m okay - winding down the semester which feels fabulous! I used my standing desk for the first time today & it was awesome.
    I also used my stationery bike for 45 minutes which felt good. Hope everyone is doing well!

I am sorry to hear about your Mom! I hope she has a quick recovery. Great job on the exercise!

Logged all foods.
    Under calories for the day. Ended up under on Sunday by 17 calories!
    Drank 128 oz water
    Did not get to bed until after midnight. :(

Lifted weights and walked 33 minutes on treadmill t 1 degree incline at 3.2 mph.

My boyfriend was placed on a ventilator today. Spoke to the nurse and am glad that she was there to hold his hand. Wish that I could have been there. Am terrified that he might not recover. Texted his youngest daughter at her job to let her know that her dad was sedated and on a ventilator. Did not comfort eat tonight. Usually sedate myself with food to avoid difficult feelings but that isn't going to improve the situation. Will check in with hospital each day and hope for the best.

Nice job exercising! I am sorry about your boyfriend and hope he recovers. It is great that you did not soothe yourself with food.

Littleflutterby
    PW 329.6
    CW 325.8
    Loss- 3.8 (lol I can never be accused of not being consistent, that's the exact same loss 4 out of 6 weeks haha)

LTD- 49.2lb

I am officially nearly 25% of the way there! Started with 200lb to lose.

I'll check back in later all, just grabbing breakfast :)

One quarter of the way done is awesome!

Daily Post December 7
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 110oz
    Steps 9034

I was so snacky yesterday for some reason, resisting all the foods was hard. Got through it though. Last night I was short on steps by about 1 thousand so I stepped in place by my bed until I hit my goal before climbing in.

It is so hard when we get those cravings. I am glad you resisted. Did you do anything in particular to resist.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Z10Rtza wrote: »

Steps@Megan_smartiepants1970
    day 3 24.057 steps
    day 4 12.718 steps
    day 5 8.904 steps
    day 6 11.720 steps

Weight
    P.W 133.5 kg = 294,3 lbs
    C.w, 133 kg = 293,2 lbs
    Sorry! Yesterday I was writing and my girlfriend came just in the middle of my writing to pick me up and go to the fysio

Awesome loss!

Steps 12/7: 10,648

Goals for the next seven days:
    -No hitting snooze
    -Minimum 15,000 daily steps
    -Minimum 5 minute daily meditation
    -Eat under calories goal

Happy Tuesday!

love those goals!
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    🥤 Water ✔️
    🍽Calories /Tracking✔️
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS

How many calories do you burn with your amazing exercise?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Water:✅
    Steps: 2,611
    Sleep: ❌
    DBF: 0

I just got back from doing some shopping with my daughter. She parks in the furthest spot she can find from the store. I guess it gave me a few steps. My sleep was an hour less than my goal as I had to get up early to get my granddaughter to school.

I had a slight binge last night. I have my 2 year follow up with the eating disorder clinic next week. It should be interesting.

Have a super day!
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post December 7
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 110oz
    Steps 9034

It is so hard when we get those cravings. I am glad you resisted. Did you do anything in particular to resist.

I just chose a couple lower calorie snacks to stay under for the day, and otherwise busied myself with some housework to pass time until dinner.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    How many calories do you burn with your amazing exercise?

Hi Linda :) I try too get a total of 1K active calories burned a day, but doing a lot more functional training now, so less calories burned during those sessions. The spins and runs are the ones that get my number up most.

Problem is, those workouts make me ravenous, so keeping a deficit is the hardest part. I try not to eat back any calories, sticking about 1400 a day. It's a struggle every day though.

• 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Hi
    28Haveitall
    PW 244
    Cw 240.6

Steps- 30mins walk + 45 mins cardio kickboxing
    Xx
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    12/7 Steps 14,589
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    iradi8
    Tuesday
    PW: 216.0
    CW: 214.7
    LTD: 37.9 pounds
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    Sorry for being MIA. I have a crazy this week this week!
    Suddenly I have tons of supply teaching plus interviews and I'm a bit overwhelmed.
    I've read through some posts and would like to make some comments after my check in.

Dec. 7
    Tracking -yes
    exercise - yes
    steps - 13.428

Dec. 8
    Tracking - yes
    exercise - no
    Steps - o (haven't put on fitbit but sure the numbers are super low!)

• lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @lindadamtuck20
    Hi Linda.
    Yes. Please change my weigh in day to Monday.
    That's great that you have your follow up at the binge clinic. I hope it's really helpful.
    So sorry you have been feeling nauseous and lethargic. I hope you get over whatever
    bug you seem to have quickly. Maybe sleeping is good right now... and lots of liquids?

@iHUSTLE4MUSCLE
    Looks like your amazing exercise ethic has paid off!
    Congrats for losing the most individual weight on the team! Woohoo! You are really hustling!

@littleflutterby
    Hi Tanya, sorry that you have been feeling so icky lately. You mentioned being really tired and tummy issues. I actually felts super ridiculously tired on the weekend and was wondering what's up with me. Could it partly be the change of weather to winter?
    But that doesn't really explain the tummy issues-hmmm.
    Personally I have IBS so my tummy is a bit funky sometimes due to food sensitivities.
    Also, if you are like me stress and emotions have a big impact on my digestive system! Like for REAL GURL! So, if you might stressed or experiencing more emotions it can really disrupt the tummy! At least for me!

I want to comment first of all for reaching your 25% goal of your total weight! And since we are twins! Twin power activate! I am closing in on 45 pounds I think. So I am in a similar situation as you and I never thought of it that way. That really has motivated me even more! Thank you so much for this!

Finally, congrats for making it into the top three of the highest individual weight loss for our group! WOOOOHOOOO!

beautyofdreams (sorry, I will check your exact handle next time)
    I'm very very sorry about your boyfriend. That is a real kick in the gut! I can't imagine what you may be going through right now. I am praying for you and your boyfriend and his daughter.

@lcfa5317
    I'm so sorry that your 85 year old mother has covid. That must be truly upsetting. The fact that you are still maintaining your healthful eating patterns is really admirable.

scoropiogirl (sorry I wasn't sure about your exact handle and didn't want to change pages)
    I agree with you that many people sound ill right now. It isn't a bad idea to get it checked for covid just to rule things out! Of course we are also in flu season so it could be any number of viruses.

I hope everyone with sinus and tummy issues gets better soon! It's really hard being sick and feeling good emotionally.
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    After feeling pretty good yesterday, today not so much, this must be the up and down I hear about with this Covid thing.

While I was taking one of my naps today, I dreamed of a thick, rich Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich, of all things! haha. Ever since then, it has been on my mind, so even though I didn't have the calories to use, I did it, I made one and enjoyed it. I am cheating with those calories because it was high... so I put those calories on tomorrow. Does anyone else ever do that? I figure it all calculates in the end, right?

I haven't given up on doing this weight loss, not at all, but at this point, I just need to feel better and have energy to do what I need to do. I'm thinking of doing the Lemonade Diet to try and jump back into this, not to mention fresh squeezed lemons is Vitamin C. :) It really isn't a diet, but more of a cleansing system, though every time I have done it, I have never followed it to a T, but it has jump started my weight loss a couple times over the years.

Anyway, hope you all are staying safe and well.
This discussion has been closed.