GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN: WEEK 2 (Tuesday)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    🥤 Water ✔️
    🍽Calories /Tracking✔️
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS
    TUES 12/8: 5,046 (weight lifting) + 15,000n(spin) + 11,142 (run/walking) = 31,188
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    After feeling pretty good yesterday, today not so much, this must be the up and down I hear about with this Covid thing.

While I was taking one of my naps today, I dreamed of a thick, rich Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich, of all things! haha. Ever since then, it has been on my mind, so even though I didn't have the calories to use, I did it, I made one and enjoyed it. I am cheating with those calories because it was high... so I put those calories on tomorrow. Does anyone else ever do that? I figure it all calculates in the end, right?

I haven't given up on doing this weight loss, not at all, but at this point, I just need to feel better and have energy to do what I need to do. I'm thinking of doing the Lemonade Diet to try and jump back into this, not to mention fresh squeezed lemons is Vitamin C. :) It really isn't a diet, but more of a cleansing system, though every time I have done it, I have never followed it to a T, but it has jump started my weight loss a couple times over the years.

Anyway, hope you all are staying safe and well.

I use a spreadsheet with my health coach and I try to come within 5 grams of my macros each day. Some days are better than others. It’s ok to bank carbs and fat for a splurge just meet your protein goal and as long as everything averages out for the week you will lose. Weight watchers does or did the same with its points system. It’s nice because one bad day doesn’t make you feel like the week is blown and you can plan for things you know are coming up.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    CW :187.6
    PW: 188
    SW: 187.2
    LTD: +.4

Steps 12/7 13,663
    12/8 8,161
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,516 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you burn with your amazing exercise?

Hi Linda :) I try too get a total of 1K active calories burned a day, but doing a lot more functional training now, so less calories burned during those sessions. The spins and runs are the ones that get my number up most.

Problem is, those workouts make me ravenous, so keeping a deficit is the hardest part. I try not to eat back any calories, sticking about 1400 a day. It's a struggle every day though.

When I was walking a lot I was burning quite a few calories but not 1k. I found I was a lot hungrier then also. I am not sure if it was the walking or the fresh air. When I was walking I also wasn’t have binges near as much. I don’t know if there is a correlation. You amaze me every time I see those check ins.
    Hi
    28Haveitall
    PW 244
    Cw 240.6

Steps- 30mins walk + 45 mins cardio kickboxing
    Xx

Wow! That’s a great loss. You are doing so well. Do you think the month off made a difference?

iradi8 wrote: »
    iradi8
    Tuesday
    PW: 216.0
    CW: 214.7
    LTD: 37.9 pounds

Another amazing loss! What are some of the things you are doing to have consistent losses?

lelbarou wrote: »
    Hi Everyone!
    Sorry for being MIA. I have a crazy this week this week!
    Suddenly I have tons of supply teaching plus interviews and I'm a bit overwhelmed.
    I've read through some posts and would like to make some comments after my check in.

Dec. 7
    Tracking -yes
    exercise - yes
    steps - 13.428

Dec. 8
    Tracking - yes
    exercise - no
    Steps - o (haven't put on fitbit but sure the numbers are super low!)

While it is great to have all this work remember to take time to decompress. You are doing so great with your walking. I will move your weigh in day to Monday.

After feeling pretty good yesterday, today not so much, this must be the up and down I hear about with this Covid thing.

While I was taking one of my naps today, I dreamed of a thick, rich Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich, of all things! haha. Ever since then, it has been on my mind, so even though I didn't have the calories to use, I did it, I made one and enjoyed it. I am cheating with those calories because it was high... so I put those calories on tomorrow. Does anyone else ever do that? I figure it all calculates in the end, right?

I haven't given up on doing this weight loss, not at all, but at this point, I just need to feel better and have energy to do what I need to do. I'm thinking of doing the Lemonade Diet to try and jump back into this, not to mention fresh squeezed lemons is Vitamin C. :) It really isn't a diet, but more of a cleansing system, though every time I have done it, I have never followed it to a T, but it has jump started my weight loss a couple times over the years.

Anyway, hope you all are staying safe and well.

When my Mom had covid in March she definitely had the up and down. I think now you don’t need to worry about calories as your body maybe telling you that you need those extra calories to recover. When I am doing well with my weight loss I always work on a average for the week. I lost all my weight doing this. Once I get the binge eating under control I will start averaging again. I hope you feel better soon.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Z10Rtza wrote: »
    Good morning beautiful people.
    Today I woke up good and as soon as I stepped on the scale I went mad.
    I'm really pissed with myself. Lately I'm eating almost nothing. I'm absolutely not doing my 5 meals. Not reaching the amount of calories that I should. And if I reach them is because I ate something I shouldn't like a package of chips and that makes the calories of the entire day.
    I need to start making a routine for food again and eat when I should and not when I'm hungry. Because that goes wrong

It is hard not to let the scales determine your mood. I think making a routine for food is a really good idea.

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    CW :187.6
    PW: 188
    SW: 187.2
    LTD: +.4

Steps 12/7 13,663
    12/8 8,161

Great job on the loss! Your steps are awesome as well!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Christmas

In 15 days it will be Christmas Eve. I know in my family food is an important part of our celebrations. Have you thought about how you are going to tackle Christmas yet? Let us know some of your ideas so we can all start to formulate a plan!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Water:✅
    Steps: 5,892
    Sleep: ✅
    DBF: 0

I am really struggling with the bread. It is the only thing I binge on and I am doing that at night. I need to keep it in the house as my husband takes a sandwich with his lunch and has toast in the morning. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Today I am going to tackle move related things. The move seems more real as this week I booked our new furniture delivery, cable move and the elevator to move our stuff out.

Happy Hump Day!
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post December 8
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 9001
    Exercise 30min Inc Dance Fit video

Oh man guys, I tried a new video on the dance channel and it totally kicked my butt haha. I might not be quite ready for that one again for a bit!

As far as the Christmas food question posed by Linda- My goal is to focus more on being with family than on the food. It worked pretty well with Thanksgiving. I'll do one plate of what I'm going to eat, no seconds and leave it at that. My family does it where we go to my mom's house and everyone brings a dish so I plan on bringing a couple things that are on my plan that I can help fill my plate with too.
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 yes it did. I needed the pressure off as I was binging all day and night and my weight kept creeping up( as you can see my starting weight this month is higher than when I joined the group).

Thank you.

I still eat way above what I should be eating and definitely too much carbs. But that has reduced the binge urges and that is really helping.
    How are you feeling today? Read you had stomach pain n nausea.
    Xx
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 yes it did. I needed the pressure off as I was binging all day and night and my weight kept creeping up( as you can see my starting weight this month is higher than when I joined the group).

Thank you.

I still eat way above what I should be eating and definitely too much carbs. But that has reduced the binge urges and that is really helping.
    How are you feeling today? Read you had stomach pain n nausea.
    Xx

Feeling much better just really tired. I think it is related to my pain. I am glad you have found ways to reduce the binge urges. It is funny when I binged before I ate everything in the house now it is just bread. I wonder if eating more carbs during the day would help.
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Christmas

In 15 days it will be Christmas Eve. I know in my family food is an important part of our celebrations. Have you thought about how you are going to tackle Christmas yet? Let us know some of your ideas so we can all start to formulate a plan!

We are going to eat Gourmetten. And we are already planning on healthy options for it
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    Options
    Christmas

We normally go all out for the holidays with a ton of baked sweets/candy etc. and there are lots of leftovers. This year we are doing one take out night for an easy dinner (probably Chinese food) and then Christmas Day we are having a protein rich dinner (steak and surf) with a veggie and I'll make a starchy something potato for the kids. I'm ordering one specialty cake for dessert and I may make some cookies for the kids too. That's a very simple plan for us.

Usually we'd have cookies and cakes and chocolates, people would send us food baskets too. I want it to be special, but I don't want so much excessive food around for the whole week(s) that I end up derailing again (like Thanksgiving 😖).

I'm panicking a bit as I haven't shopped and shipping is now ultra slow. It's just not the same not being able to go to the malls and all. And my kids don't seem to want anything, making it hard to shop online.

Wish me luck😊
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I am really struggling with the bread. It is the only thing I binge on and I am doing that at night. I need to keep it in the house as my husband takes a sandwich with his lunch and has toast in the morning. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I may have already said this, but my kids eat a ton of bread all week too. I try to plan ahead and break up the loaves into freeze zip lock bags. I put 4 slices in each quart bag and put all but one in the freezer, so it's out of sight (all the other loaves/buns/bagels are also in the freezer). I leave just one zip lock at a time in the fridge so I can make them each a lunch or toast in the mornings. I hope that helps!

Carbs are so hard to stay away from. For me, I am a big sweet tooth (cake, chocolates) and also love chips, popcorn, dips. They are my kryptonite😣

• littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    8th December

* Track/ under calories/no restricting - ✔️✔️✔️
    * 2L water ✔️
    * "fresh air" count- 15 ✔️
    * midnight bedtime ✔️
    * Awake and out of bed by 9am ✔️
    Steps- 1714 :'(:s

Hi guys, sorry also for being MIA yesterday, except for my weight check in. I felt sick again, and it was a long, busy day.

I didn't do any exercise at all, and those steps aren't 100% accurate. I took my fitbit off for a while and forgot about it. I was probably closer to 4000 steps. But since that's not even CLOSE to my 10k target, I'm not that bothered.

Going to grab a coffee and sit and read about what you all got up to yesterday :)
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Z10Rtza wrote: »
    Littleflutterby
    PW 329.6
    CW 325.8
    Loss- 3.8 (lol I can never be accused of not being consistent, that's the exact same loss 4 out of 6 weeks haha)

LTD- 49.2lb

I am officially nearly 25% of the way there! Started with 200lb to lose.

I'll check back in later all, just grabbing breakfast :)

I'm all the time thinking HOOOW are you doing that? :o

Honestly, I track like crazy, probably don't eat enough for what my body needs and I exercise a lot.

I was at a consistent weight for a long time (around the 360lb/163kg mark) and that was even working a few days a week, but my activity was very limited, and I was eating about 1400 calories for breakfast alone (fast food) So we are talking probably a 2500-3000 calorie count a day.

So now that I'm eating around 1500, exercising nearly every day and even just getting active in the hours that I'm not exercising (steps on the spot, when my fitbit tells me to move)

I'm also substituting things, and weighing and measuring. So for example- if I eat rice- I only have a cup. I don't pack it full, just put the cup in and whatever sticks in there, I eat. And right now I substitute spaghetti for zucchini (courgette) strips and stirfry that up all nice.

I know my weight loss will slow down eventually (mind, saying that, when I lost weight about 8 years ago, my average was about 2.5lb every week, and even lost 3lb on the week I got to my target weight, so who knows!)

I think my food diary is open to friends so you're more than welcome to take a look :)
This discussion has been closed.