What are you doing TODAY to get closer to your goal?

Options
bebeisfit
bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
Name one or two things you will do today. Can be small or big.

Go!

Replies

• bebeisfit
    Options
    I'm logging everything today. And I'm not going to buy cheez its.
  • backinthesaddleagain57
    Options
    I'm going to get off my Christmas food vacation and get back to my usual food. I did indulge and it was good, but now I am back to business.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Today we are eating the last of the holiday food to finally get back to normal, getting my steps in, and doing yoga.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I will also log everything today, and start journaling again (I've been logging my workouts but nothing else since Christmas). I like to make a plan for the coming year, so am going to work on that tonight also.
  • bebeisfit
    Options
    I'm logging everything again today and will eat some of those vegetables that I've been neglecting for a while.

My back has been hurting for the last few days (a bit unusual for me) so I'll do some stretching and maybe a walk. Sitting is not a good thing nor is lying in bed. Ugh!
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Indulgent meals ended with breakfast today - was going to start today until I woke up to pancakes and bacon! (Insert ambivalent-face emoji here - haha). Best of kick to everyone!
  • roseym10
    roseym10 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I started tracking this morning. I need to keep it up
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is my husband's birthday, so my "real" diet won't start until Friday, but I'm going to skip alcohol tonight and log all my food. Also, I have 30 minutes left to have done 12,000 Peloton minutes this year so I'm getting that done too! Ready for a change! Looking forward to 2020!
  • runrmomma
    runrmomma Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I hopped on the Treadmill last night after work for 30 minutes of brisk walking/jogging even though I was feeling exhausted. I'm going to work on my "all or nothing" mindset. I tend to skip it if I can't go "all in" and I need to reset my thinking on that. Any movement is good movement, right? Looking forward to a big salad for dinner tonight and getting tucked in early. I'll watch the East Coast ball drop and be in bed by 9:30. ;) Need to be well rested to start 2021 right.
  • runrmomma
    Options
    Tomorrow is my husband's birthday, so my "real" diet won't start until Friday, but I'm going to skip alcohol tonight and log all my food. Also, I have 30 minutes left to have done 12,000 Peloton minutes this year so I'm getting that done too! Ready for a change! Looking forward to 2020!

12,000 minutes! Congrats! That's awesome.
  • runrmomma
    Options
    bebeisfit wrote: »
    I'm logging everything again today and will eat some of those vegetables that I've been neglecting for a while.

My back has been hurting for the last few days (a bit unusual for me) so I'll do some stretching and maybe a walk. Sitting is not a good thing nor is lying in bed. Ugh!

Back pain is so terrible...I hope you're feeling better! Maybe some gentle heat would help?
  • Fightin2BFit_lowcarblizzy
    Options
    Happy New Year to Everyone. May your 2021 be a Happy, Healthy, and prosperous one!!!
  • sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    Options

Oh my goodness.... I am a cheeze it addict as well.....especially the extra toasty!
  • tamsynwest9271
    tamsynwest9271 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I feel your pain! I use a hot water bottle for back pain but yes, a walk is good. We have a pretty strict lock down in southern England and I'm working from home. I've barely exercised so yout comment has given me a nudge. Thank you
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    sarah7591 wrote: »

Oh my goodness.... I am a cheeze it addict as well.....especially the extra toasty!

LOL, I read this initially as cheese addict, and I definitely demolished some cheese last night.

I'm going to restart logging tomorrow, so I guess today what I'm doing is just having a nice, peaceful mental health day. (For some reason I have a required work meeting tomorrow morning, which is annoying, and yesterday ended up being very social (although virtually), so today is about relaxing, recharging, reading, and doing some housework.)
  • bebeisfit
    Options
    Back to logging my food. We had gooey appetizers for dinner and sweets plus a couple of beers for new years day. Feeling yucky today. Headed out for a hike by the lakefront with my roommate and her dog.

Happy Saturday everyone!
  • Kathryn41057
    Kathryn41057 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Morning.... I started logging again yesterday.....Christmas is over, and it’s time to move on... I’m going to try to incorporate more plant based meals into my diet. Don’t know if it will help, but it sure won’t hurt
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Morning.... I started logging again yesterday.....Christmas is over, and it’s time to move on... I’m going to try to incorporate more plant based meals into my diet. Don’t know if it will help, but it sure won’t hurt

I started incorporated vegetarian and vegan days in my week. It started with one day and now it's around 4 to 5. It has definitely helped me.