Downsizers - January 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Checkin 1/2/2021
    Scorpiogirl70

Steps 1325 - didn't get much done today, worked for 16 hours and I am exhausted.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,478 Member
    edited January 2021
    DawnCumm wrote: »
    Dang another question, what is LTD?

LTD is lost to date!
    Is there anybody else who is wanting to be added to the step challenge? Please let me know :)

Please add me to the step challenge! I am giving a step pledge of 4000 but I think it will take a few days to be able to hit this goal.
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Jan. 2 check in.
    Logging - yes
    Exercise - walking
    Steps - 11017

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Jan. 2 steps - 11017

Sooo. I'm walking pretty consistently which is good. I realized that I really will have to cook even though I suck at it. I will just work on it and improve. I've decided I want to work towards being vegetarian or even vegan (Yikes - can I do it?) and also I want to decrease my use of packaging so cooking is really necessary at this point.

I will check out the posts above and respond to some below.

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    @lindamtuck2018
    Sorry to hear you are having so many symptoms from Covid. I hope you feel a little better soon. The breathing and sinus congestion sound pretty terrible. Please take time off to rest. We need you back here when you are healthy and well! Till then, feel better and take good care!

@ScorpioGirl70
    Wow! Thank you for sharing about yourself! I didn't know there were so many ups and downs. We sounds similar in that my weight gains started earlier. I did get down to 150lbs at one point in my teenage years, but it didn't stick. I was probably 175 or so in University and things have been epically bad in the last 10 years or so! I guess the slowly of metabolism, less exercise etc. I was a sporty type before doing sports and hiking and such. Anyway, my dear, I am really inspired by your perseverance. You just doing give up and I'm so proud of you for that! There were years where I just said, well, I give up. It took a lot for me to get out there and do it again! With everyone's help, it is really making a difference for me!!!

@jimboden3
    Thank you for your introduction. It sounds like you have been facing a lot of challenges at home that have impeded your ability to keep your weight down. Maybe your family can cut down on the sugary snacks? It just seems so hard to not eat that when it's in the kitchen. Maybe they can keep their items separate? You could have have an area with fruit ready and healthy snacks for you. I hope your rowing machine comes sooner than expected. I have heard that fitness equipment is in huge demand because of covid. I'm just walking outside. A challenge since it's winter, but I can usually find a window that works. On the other hand, I'm not working full-time now so it's easier to orient my day around this. I wish you the best on your journey!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 879 Member
    Steps 1/2: 12,649
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    azkunk wrote: »
    @littleflutterby - thank you for all the time that you should end replying. It is really hard to keep up with this lively bunch. Your wife deserves your attention and the n e school starts that will definitely be your priority. So, no offense taken if you don’t reply to me.

That means a lot hun thankyou! I didn't realise how busy my life was gonna get, especially after coming down with this stomach problem so everything is kinda overwhelming! Time-management is not my strong point, but something I'm planning on working on haha
  • littleflutterby
    @jimboden3 Welcome to the group and thanks for letting us know a bit about your journey.

For those who don't know me.. I am a mom of 4, 2 boys 28 and 18 and 2 girls 26 and 21. I have 6 grand daughters [I need a grandson..haha]

I have struggled with my weight just about my entire life. When I was in 3rd grade, I was tall and slender, even had the nickname "bird" then as puberty hit, the weight came on and with that weight was the teasing from classmates which brought on depression.

My sophomore year in high school I went from a size 16 down to a size 4, life was good, I had a boyfriend and honestly, I think the birth control pill helped me with weight loss. Fast forward to age 19, I got married and tried to start a family, off the pill, and weight gain, EXTREME weight gain. After that marriage ended, I went through depression once again but lost weight this time. So was around 140-160 throughout my 20's & early 30s.. late 30s started gaining again, life struggles, business stress, not to mention a couple of my kids decided to test my mental state and kept me on edge throughout my mid 40's... major weight gain in that area... Fast forward to about 7 years ago.. I knew I had gained, but never realized how much I gained.. stepped on a scale 220 pounds. Time to change that... I got down to 180 and honestly was feeling good. Then some how fell of the wagon and gained again, a couple years ago, stepped on the scale to 260... YIKES... I was beside myself.

Since then I have played with different diets and lifestyle changes. Nothing has stuck, except for MFP and counting calories. I am down to around 210-214 it jumps around the last few weeks, with the holidays and all but I am determined to get back down to 180 THIS YEAR.

I know have high blood pressure and have been borderline diabetic for a few years now, so it is important that I loose this weight. 180 is just my first goal. Ideally I hope to get down to 140-150, by the "standard" I should be 120, THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

Well that's my story. I am happy to find such a great group to help keep me motivated... I do know I need to start logging on here earlier in my days, I feel like I miss so much and by the time I get on here in the evening I am lucky to read everyone's post let alone reply to any.

Thanks for sharing :) It's great to know you a little better!

Yes, I need to come here maybe twice a day to keep up! Once in the morning and once in the evening. I was here for about an hour and a half last night reading and responding. It's great that we have such an active group! And it is teaching me to type faster at least! lol
  • littleflutterby
    I am sorry for the lack of response to your post. I did read them but I still not a 100%. I can breath again but still have a headache, nasal congestion and I am having trouble sleeping but the doctor said it is from the steroids. We are hoping to move this weekend if my symptoms improve and I am released from quarantine. My husband is finished his quarantine on Friday and he will be getting the keys to the new place. The new furniture will be delivered on Friday also. I hope I am there as I know the furniture won’t be set up as I want it. Mentally apologizing to my husband at this point. I promise to start tracking once I am eating regularly. I haven’t gone this long without tracking since I started with mfp. Tomorrow I will start doing a semi normal check in. I may not meet all the goals right now but I want to get back into the habit.

I always love the start of the January challenge. Not only is it a new month to have success but a bright shiny new year with lots of promise. For anyone who struggled last year, we have a nice clean slate.

Keeping fingers crossed for you!!! I know how much this move means to you! I have been the same as you with the not checking in (I've still been tracking my food but that's kinda it) so I'm glad to be committing to coming back here every night to check in :)
    wrdrv5jnszal.jpeg

I really like this!
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Jan. 2 check in.
    Logging - yes
    Exercise - walking
    Steps - 11017

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Jan. 2 steps - 11017

Sooo. I'm walking pretty consistently which is good. I realized that I really will have to cook even though I suck at it. I will just work on it and improve. I've decided I want to work towards being vegetarian or even vegan (Yikes - can I do it?) and also I want to decrease my use of packaging so cooking is really necessary at this point.

I will check out the posts above and respond to some below.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Your walking exercises have been awesome!! Keep it up! You're doing splendidly :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10819936/january-week-1-challenge-get-on-track/p1?new=1

The New Year's first weekly challenge is up! If you need some more commitment for your tracking, and want to meet some of the other F2F team members, head on over!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,915 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hope I am not too late to still be added for the step challenge.
    I am struggling on the steps, I honestly think if that is all I do, I would loose this weight.

Anyway.. add me if not too late. If it is too late, that's ok, I will still report. :)

I will add you ... Do you have a step pledge that you would like to meet daily ?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Checkin 1/2/2021
    Scorpiogirl70

Steps 1325 - didn't get much done today, worked for 16 hours and I am exhausted.

Missing steps from you on 12/31 and 1/1
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    DawnCumm wrote: »
    Dang another question, what is LTD?

LTD is lost to date!
    Is there anybody else who is wanting to be added to the step challenge? Please let me know :)

Please add me to the step challenge! I am giving a step pledge of 4000 but I think it will take a few days to be able to hit this goal.

I already added you ..Glad you are back with us for the step challenge :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited January 2021
    I must say I am excited for January .... I am back on Keto ....I am prepared with meal prep ... I have decided to stick with 1 cookbook at a time (last year I was all over the place using several cookbooks ) I will be only eating Wholesomeyum keto recipes ...I also joined her 10 day challenge ... I will succeed 1 month at a time ....just hope the scale will cooperate :) ...Looking forward to seeing this wonderful team succeed too...We got this :)<3
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

1/2: 10,960 steps
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Missing steps from these people ....Please get them in ASAP

@Tazaria87 1/2
    @Z1ORtza 12/30-1/2
    @rlaskey2 1/2
    @mari_moulin 1/2
    @363days 1/2