Shrinking Assets - January 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »
    My mother in law fell and broke 3 bones in her back. They own 2 horses and she slipped on the back steps.

My husband and I know nothing about horses. He’s actually slightly afraid of them. So, now I have added cleaning out horse stalls and taking care of 2 horses to my daily list. On the plus side, cleaning out their stalls is a great workout.

Yikes!!! Taking care of horses is a wonderful thing, but yes - they can be kinda scary. It is a great workout indeed, but spending some quiet time around these lovely animals will help with the stress even if having to do it adds to your chores. I'm sure your dear husband can learn to muck out a stall, and maybe he will discover the loveliness of the horses too. I hope your MIL recovers well :heart:
  • jugar
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10819936/january-week-1-challenge-get-on-track/p1?new=1

New Year Week 1 Challenge is up! If you need some more commitment and community for your tracking, go on over to get this week going!
  • Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    edited January 2021
    MFP USER NAME: msalicia07
    YOUR CHOSEN WEIGH-IN DAY: Sunday
    YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT: 132.4
    (Joined challenge Dec 27: 133.8)
    JAN GOAL: 127

fxc5nf8jzbn9.png

I’m still holding some water weight from the holidays so will likely have another big -ish loss. I typically don’t lose more than .5 a week as I’m rather petite. But slowly is better than nothing. Just looking forward to fitting all of my clothes again.
  • FatMomSlim21
    FatMomSlim21 Posts: 4 Member
    Username: FatMomSlim21
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 222.0
    CW (Current Weight): 220.5

@boehle @Beka3695, I am leaving on vacation Thursday -Tuesday. Can you please put me on support for that time?

I got my fitbit charged and working again! My goal is to drink water, get some exercise daily, and track my calories daily!
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    First weigh in of the year

SW : 270.0
    1st Jan 2021 : 222.2
    GW : 199 (initially) now 188

Date............Weight... loss .... Cumulative loss
    03/01/21 - 220.2 ... (2.0) ... (49.8)
  • jugar
    Wait Wait - Don't Tell Us!
    75tf3m0avzwx.png

The Results from December 2020 are in! They are, um, amazing!
    vitnlklwx1zx.png

First off: WEEK FIVE
    Every team gained weight during week 5. We all stuck together! We were AWESOME!

So we are NOT going to announce which teams gained the least. But we ARE going to celebrate the awesome people who actually lost weight in spite of it being the last week of December!

The TOP amazing, committed, wonderful leaders of Week 5 are:
    21r1s997x9ao.png

Ask these people how they did it. They are our heroes. Without them, the final results for December would never have been as good as they were.
    And Now!
    ih0k3hrwbrip.png

The full December F2F results - only teams with a loss for the month qualified!
    58qc6m3ppywj.png
    as7rb5yu4cxi.png

TOP TEAMS BY PERCENTAGE
    sdoxs4tav9j3.png

TOP TEAMS BY POUNDS LOST
    nyirwzryqq2b.png

TOP THREE INDIVIDUALS BY PERCENTAGE
    1st CurvyCalorie - 6.5%
    2nd Bluetail6 - 5.15%
    3rd littleflutteby - 5.10%

TOP THREE INDIVIDUALS BY POUNDS LOST
    1st littleflutterby - 17.0 pounds
    2nd davidji82 - 15.4 pounds
    3rd happimess01 - 13.9 pounds

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    Tazaria87 veryhotmails kandi3570
    SisuMom2019 RYcare MandiSaysHey
    machchic Dogmom1978 KristieJC

miqc5zma6tm5.png
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Hi everyone, I am a continuing team member but missed posting my final weigh-in for December last Friday (1/1). Since the December post is now closed, I'm adding it here to close out December and roll into January with my starting weight.

leni1us
    Friday
    PW: 171.0
    CW: 170.8

I'm so glad the holidays are behind us. Now I can focus on getting healthy and eating better.
  • heatherbluebell
    heatherbluebell Posts: 86 Member
    Seeing the post about how all the teams the last week in December made me feel better. Remembering that we can't be 100%, 100% of the time is important. I easily forget, and then ensues the negative self-talk.

I'm excited about this week to come. I did my meal planning today, and think I have a good eating plan for this week. Because I don't want to overwhelm myself with too much, I'm only committing to Zumba once this week, but hope I'll go twice. I'm also really really hoping the lockdown ends the end of this week, and the pool reopen again next week. It seems like lots of people in my province did not make good decisions about travelling/spending time with family over Christmas/New Years, so I expect we'll see a spike in cases, which will extend the lockdown.

Every week when I make my menu, I put a quote on the menu I post on my fridge. This week my quote is "No matter how hard the past is, you can always begin again" - Buddha.

@Dogmom1978, good for you for making that decision! I've done a lot of that too. I have a large pile of clothes in my home office that are too big, and I plan on donating/selling them. I have a few bins of clothes too small for me, waiting for me to get there. I'm so excited to get there! I organized my bins by size, and kept two shirts and two pairs of pants out for the next two sizes down so I can try them on as I lose weight so I know whether it's time to open those bins. I'm also going into another 'I won't buy clothes for a year' phase. I did it from May 2019 to May 2020, so I hope to go a year again. It really helped with my pocket book, plus I honestly do have too many clothes! I should be ok with the clothes I have, and let's face it, I'm working from home, so who cares what I wear?!?! LOL

I noticed a few others in our team are using the habit tracker, yay! I've not used it before, so this will be my first month. Looking forward to seeing the progress of all our team members who have put some things in there. :smile:
  • SisuMom2019
    SisuMom2019 Posts: 155 Member
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »
    So I took a big step today. I have kept my various sizes of clothing to help me adjust up and down over the years.

Today I bagged up the 14-18 clothes. All of them. And put them in a pile for the Salvation Army. I’m too cheap to buy new clothes, so if my 12s or below (when I get there) start to get too tight, I’ll know I’m off track and need to kick into high gear. It’s time to remove the safety net.

Loved reading this! Letting go of my clothes -the big ones or the small ones is something I have not mastered-I’m always hanging on to them all -mental block! I can’t wait to get into 12 again as all of my nice work clothes are 12s. Soon 🤞🏼

• SisuMom2019
    @heatherbluebell -I’m in Ontario and we are starting online school today -trying to figure out a schedule as we live fairly rural and internet sharing for all of us will be hard. I went grocery shopping for appropriate lunches for all of us -it was so nice not buying “school snacks” -but soups and salads etc.
  • Aetheldreda
    Aetheldreda Posts: 241 Member
    I've been out for a nice little walk today and I'll probably go out for another, slightly longer walk later. The weather is dry today so that's a bonus.

I'm going to make a huge batch of vegetable soup today, I find it's an easy lunch and a good way to get in my fibre.
  • SisuMom2019
    Hello Shrinking Assets Team. My name is Tanya, I’m 44 and I live in Ontario, Canada. Married, 2 kids (11,14) and I work in primary care so last year was a long one. I joined MFP in 2018 with some good success and came back in October of 2020 -and found this great group! I really enjoy reading all of the posts -the positive outcomes and challenges..., and very happy to meet new members. My current weight is 231.8. My highest weight was shortly before joining this group at 257. I have had a pretty steady loss, and feel the need to share that I am on a weight loss Rx called Saxenda-this was a tough decision to make but necessary on account of my health. The plan is for the medication is short term while I continue to build in good, lasting habits. My goals for January include: tracking my food intake on MFP, doing my Kundalini Yoga 3x/week when I work from home (Monday, Thursday and Saturday) walking on my lunchtime 3x/weekly when I’m in the office (Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday).
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Kelly here... let me start by saying I was a lousy team mate in December. It is my promise to you, my team, to do better in January.

Weigh in Fridays
    PW 256.2

Goals:
    ✔ food is fuel/nutrition NOR for comfort mindset
    ✔ eat small meals every few hours, followed by a lean & green dinner
    ✔ No more BEER
    ✔ Be more accountable and active in this group.
    ✔ walk at least 3/4 days a week for 30 minutes

We got this!! 🦾🦾
  • peachplace
    peachplace Posts: 67 Member
    weigh in day Monday
    Cw 260
    Pw 257

Missed a week due to the Holidays. Gonna do a restart and plan to see some results. Darn New ears Cake is a weakness and Christmas treats are surrounding me. Gonna start tossing them today.... otherwise gonna eat them all.

New Year Goals!!

Constant logging in
    Cut out the carbs
    work out at least3xs a week.
    get ready for friends wedding in September.
    be able to run 5k by years end

This months goals

try and log at least 3x or more a week.
    watch carb intake
    workout at least 2x this months if not more...
    baby steps....

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Happy New Year to everyone and a warm welcome to all our new members.
    @Beka3695 I am going to remain on the Support Team for a bit longer due to my ongoing health problem. After many tests and two bone biopsies my doctor has not been able to figure out what is causing my hemoglobin level to drop. My hematologist stated he had other patients with the same condition, some patients required blood transfusion and after some time on immunosuppressive meds have recovered. But thank God my levels were not that low that I needed a transfusion. I am currently on immunosuppressive meds, which has help to stabilized my condition, but had caused a weight gained about seven pounds, my current weight is176lbs. I had a recent NSV my HbA1c Ievel is back to normal went from 5.8 to 5.5. a good reason to celebrate. I get really tired because of my low levels, but I will not quit I will continue my weight loss journey.
    Hope everyone have a Great day and a successful weight loss journey. :D:D<3

Thank you for the update. I think I speak for the team that we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers!!! We are here for you -- feel free to drop by any time.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    edited January 2021
    Good Morning. I am your other captain... along side mybestie @Beka3695
    I am 38 (for another 5ish weeks) and have an 18 year old that graduated during the pandemic and moved out into his own apt in the middle of August.

I do have a furbaby. Peter is def my ride or die (my 5 year old boxer/hound).
    I have gone from 237 to 132, and currently am 168. I would like to see 150 this year again, if not 140

My goals are 2021 miles. (I am already behind with only 8.02 miles... need to avg about 6 miles daily to complete this goal) I finished 1237.49 miles in 2020... which isn't too bad with working from home during a pandemic.

Goals:
    No beer starting 1/5 (I have a can in my fridge LOL) from Sunday to Fridays.
    No wine on Tuesday/Thursday.
    (yeah, I usually have a few glasses nightly and its way too many calories)
    Be in bed by 1030 with everything off by 11 and up out of bed by 8am.
    15,000 steps daily (this one will be hard with it being Winter in Ohio and that I cancelled my gym membership when they opened back up and required masks)
    Get back on the lower carb diet - I have pretty much emptied all the snacks except for some pretzel thins to eat with my hummus. I do have veggies too.
    Check in daily every morning to update about my day before.

Happy 2021!!
This discussion has been closed.