Downsizers - January 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

1/5/21 = 12,777 steps (using the elliptical converted steps and fitbit when not on the exercise machine
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,915 Member
    edited January 2021
    Off to re-do the year end tallies ...Since they were not correct the 1st time ...Will have to do them at a later time ...spreadsheet is still not right
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 879 Member
    Steps 1/4: 15,089
  • eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member

Weight fluctuations can be so frustrating. Could the gain this week be some bloat from the holidays? I would increase my water intake. I had premium for a year. There were some things I liked but it wasn’t worth the cost to me. I believe they offer a free trial. How was Noom?

Thanks Linda, I have been increasing my H20. I am up to 100z a day. I think it's the lack of energy and lack of exercise after having Covid... On a better road now. :)

I liked the format of Noom, and the Facebook groups. The coaches were too robotic and the main reason I quit. I still occasionally use the app for the weight chart.

I switched to MFP for more... more what.. I don't know. Accountability? Smoother tracking?

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,915 Member
    edited January 2021
    Here is the correct Tallies for December week 5 and the Grand Finale

Week 5 December top steppers are: Updated with the Correct numbers :)
    1st @Megan_smartiepants1970 - 175,440 steps
    2nd @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE -133,443 steps
    3rd @888Angie888 -97,073
    CONGRATS LADIES :)
    As a group we walked 1,093,855 steps GREAT JOB EVERYONE :)

END OF THE YEAR TOP STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE -860,178 steps
    2nd @Megan_smartiepants1970 -708,810 steps
    3rd @888Angie888 -484,089 steps
    CONGRATS AGAIN LADIES :):)
    AS A GROUP WE WALKED 6,311,647 steps WELL DONE EVERYONE :D

TIME TO RECOGNIZE OUR TEAM MEMBERS WHO PLEDGED A DAILY STEP COUNT

@Megan- 7/7
    @Andrea- 2/7
    @Z1ORtza- 2/7
    @Angie- 3/7
    @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE -4/7
    @rlaskey2 6/7
    @Laura-5/7
    @cesse47 -7/7
    @mari_moulin -2/7
    @363days -1/7
    @iradi8 -4/7
    @shortyjmorgan1 -3/7
    AWESOME JOB EVERYONE :)
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    edited January 2021
    Evening all,

Day 2 down, have felt quite nauseous and lower energy most of time today as predicted TOM happened but otherwise I'm not too bad. Just thought I'd come on and post a non scale victory for the last 2 days I've managed to drink about 2 litres (7-8 cups) of water and I'm definitely noticing a difference in bathroom trips but also a bit more alertness.

I've got another 3 and a bit weeks of meal plan to go then will properly assess on whether I'll continue or not. As it stands, the food is fairly tasty but I don't think I could continue past the month without adaptation and if I have to adapt too much, I'll need question whether it is worth it all together.

I'm yet to properly exercise with things like HIIT or stationary bike but not feeling quite up to it at the mo, will try in the next few days. If I'm under my calories each day, I should in theory be automatically losing something even if I do light exercise such as yoga I imagine because of BMR?
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 561 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    1/3 Steps 10,036
    1/4 Steps 7,797
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    check in for Jan 3 and 5 and my steps
    Sorry. I think I got confused and checked in twice for Jan. 2 - Ooops.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 ( I did Jan. 2 twice - OOOPS! - these are the correct steps)
    Steps
    Jan. 1 - 13 966
    Jan 2 - 11 017
    Jan 3 - 8225
    Jan 4 - 9585
    Jan. 5 - 7730

Jan. 3 and 4
    Logging - yes
    Exercise - yes - walking

Sorry about my double Jan. 2 check in. Obviously I wasn't feeling great and was confused. LOL

• DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    DawnCumm wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

1/5/21 = 12,777 steps (using the elliptical converted steps and fitbit when not on the exercise machine

Opps wrong day this was for 1/4/21

1/5 is not shaping up well, no machine time and few steps...but will report tomorrow
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Food logged.
    Under calorie budget.
    Drank 128 oz water.
    No exercise. :(
    Slept 8 hrs. last night.

Went back to clinic to have more labs run and scheduled a pneumonia vaccination. Headache is feeling better and nausea is gone for the most part. Hoping to start walking again soon.
    It has been an emotional evening. Have been texting back and forth with Kevin's oldest daughter. She had no time to grieve since she had to take care of his estate and the funeral and burial. Now she is finally grieving. I miss him too. We have been sharing memories of him tonight. It has brought up many emotions, but I think it has been cathartic for both of us. For many years his children did not accept me so I have been overwhelmed by the inclusion and acknowledgement of our relationship that they have shared with me.

Hope everyone is healthy and happy. Let your loved ones know what they mean to you every day.

Deb
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    10hr shift #2 and this old girl is not used to being on my feet for that long. I am tired and made some bad decisions because if it. I am hungry and craving sweets. I was over calories today but logged everything and I am owning it. I overslept a little which caused me to not have enough time to pack food. I am off tomorrow so will hit reset and plan the rest of the week better. Next week, I am in the vaccine tent which means an even longer day and sitting all day, so no steps. Need to plan better!
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Dec 4th

* Track everything I eat ✔️
    * Drink 2L water daily (minimum) ✔️
    * Get out of bed by 9am every day ✔️

steps 9180

Dec 5th

* Track everything I eat ✔️
    * Drink 2L water daily (minimum) ✔️
    * Get out of bed by 9am every day ✔️

steps 2510

Hi all, I'm sorry but I won't be able to do any replies from the last couple of days- but I see some wonderful losses for the week!!! Great start to the month!

I had a whirlwind of a day. I got squeezed in with my family doctor and she is referring me to my local hospital (Humber is only about 5 min away from me) and then we will take it from there. I'll have an appointment with a surgeon.

I'm kinda relieved that they found something- because there is nothing worse than being told there is nothing wrong when there clearly is.

But I feel really bloated and gross, and have done the last 2 days. I'm going to rethink my diet- because fatty foods are not recommended and 2 of my main foods are eggs and cheese, both reasonably high in fat (even if it's good fat)

Sooooooo if anyone has any breakfast suggestions that don't contain eggs, or cheese, or nuts...or sugar because I don't eat refined sugar as part of my abstinence, I would appreciate it.

Right now I'm thinking fruit and yoghurt..... Or a protein shake and some fruit.

I'm nervous about potential surgery.... moreso my time off work. I can't work like this right now I'm a mess. I'm going to have to connect with my new manager and see what can be done and see if I can get a note from the doctor at the hospital.

But that's out of today. So I'm going to try and get some rest and tackle tomorrow when it comes!!!

I'm really happy with my loss this week and not at the same time. I'm so used to a 3+lb weight loss a week, so when it's less I get a bit grumpy. BUUUUUUUUT I did eat a bit more than in previous weeks and still not able to exercise. AND I am happy to be under 315lb, that was my mini target. Next is to get under 308 (That'll take me under 22 stone in british measurements) and under 300lb of course. With my health the way it is, if i can get under 308 within the month, I will be happy with that. I don't think getting under 300lb will be doable this month considering everything.... so next month I'll be in the 200's!!!

Right, off to bed!

Stay safe all xx
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member

....Sooooooo if anyone has any breakfast suggestions that don't contain eggs, or cheese, or nuts...or sugar because I don't eat refined sugar as part of my abstinence, I would appreciate it.

Right now I'm thinking fruit and yoghurt..... Or a protein shake and some fruit.

I was thinking greek yogurt too. My favorite staple meal is plain, fat free greek yogurt mixed with 2 tablespoons of PB2, stevia drops and topped with berries. I'm also a fan of protein shakes.

I hope that all goes well at the hospital. 🙏 I'm glad they figured it out for you. God bless and good luck, keep us posted when you can.🤗
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    CHECK IN: Week 1 (Tuesday)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    🥤 96 oz. Water ✔️
    🍽 Under Calories ✔️
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS
    TUES 1/5: 14,593 + 7,500 (spin) = 22,093
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Scorpiogirl70
    Checkin for 1/5/2021

Steps 3266

I went over in my calories, knew I would since I had a sweet tooth, that being said though my protein was 25%, I'm lucky if I get it at 15%. Think I am going to attempt to eat the same way for 1/6/2021 as I did for 1/5/2021, which was basically.. all I ate was turkey ... then some sweets, but leave the sweets out.

I know before when I lost 50 lbs, I basically ate all the meat and veggies I wanted, throwing in some eggs, cheese, yogurt, plain oatmeal and peanut butter once in awhile. I didn't count anything, so I believe that is the route I am going to take once again, but this time I will count calories just to see where I am falling.

I go to the doctor on the 7th, not looking forward to it, but this year is starting out like last year did, which was great for me until my dad had his issues. So here's to hoping I am getting back on track from 2020 being a sh** show for the last half of the year.
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Dec 4th

Sooooooo if anyone has any breakfast suggestions that don't contain eggs, or cheese, or nuts...or sugar because I don't eat refined sugar as part of my abstinence, I would appreciate it.

Are you able to eat bran? I am not real sure how your gut deals with strong grains but I find a good bran flake cereal, filling, or maybe some oatmeal, plain or with a little fruit.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Quick check in team. It’s been a busy week here. Lots of appointments for the kids and errands to run. The start the year has proven to be a very busy one. I’m so tired all the time. Anyone else falling asleep by 8:30pm? Then again I do wake up 6 am latest every morning. I’m actually late today but I decided to be a little lazy this morning as my only appointment today is in the afternoon with my son luka for his braces. I’ve just had my breakfast and am about to be get myself dressed to go walk the hound. It’s snowing so Sam is exited to join us. It will be nice to get some fresh snowy air.

My eating has not been the best and I’m not doing good with my water and logging. Had burger king last night out of sheer laziness to cook. I got home late from another appointment and couldn’t be bothered. The scale is down 1 lb since Saturday and I’m struggling to get it moving. I’m still working out (today is rest day). It feels good to get out for my runs in the morning. I can wait for the gyms to open again fingers crossed 🤞🏻 I miss strength training.

Any way that’s it. I’m sorry I’ve not been active as I promised. I’m trying.

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Sunday - 8577
    Monday - 19,597
    Tuesday - 17,492

• 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 229 Member
    Hi Linda Will update my weight on Friday please.

Sorry for the late notice.
    Hope you have fully recovered now.
    Xx
This discussion has been closed.