Calories: under
    Exercise: yes (stationary bike)
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Jen_967 wrote: »
    vicky2767 wrote: »
    @Jen_967 51 pounds, that’s terrific. 👏🏻

Thank you! It sure doesn’t come off like it does to put it on.

So much easier to put it on
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for tues 1/5
    Tracked yes
    Calories over
    Exercise took a rest day

• osier5
    osier5 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes, under
    Exercise: yes, yoga and a walk
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Jan Wk 1 - Tues, 1/5

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: None

I am reading this book where the main characters are high-powered, in-shape characters who are both successful yet trying to reconcile their pasts with a potential for a clean start for their future. Reading it, I was getting jealous of their “size zero” physique, muscles and so forth... but I need to remind myself that I am me, no one else. My current normal may be size 16. I’ll never be a size zero, and that is okay. I need to be healthier for me - and only me.
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Tuesday
    Calories: yes, under
    Exercise: yes, walking
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 12760 steps
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in
    Starting weight : 284
    Current weight this morning: 282
    Whoop whoop 2lb loss!!

Way to go! Nice loss! 😊
  • Jen_967
    Options
    KymRobyn wrote: »
    Is it too late to join this month?

@AB0215
  • Jen_967
    Options
    Daily Post
    Tuesday
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes- walking for 40 mins
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Tuesday

Calories: yes
    Exercise: 1 hour weight lifting, 30 mins walking

• AB0215
    Options
    Jen_967 wrote: »
    KymRobyn wrote: »
    Is it too late to join this month?

@AB0215
    We need starting information which would have been a weigh in from last week.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Jan Wk 1 - Tues, 1/5

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: None

I am reading this book where the main characters are high-powered, in-shape characters who are both successful yet trying to reconcile their pasts with a potential for a clean start for their future. Reading it, I was getting jealous of their “size zero” physique, muscles and so forth... but I need to remind myself that I am me, no one else. My current normal may be size 16. I’ll never be a size zero, and that is okay. I need to be healthier for me - and only me.

@southgirl94 I've been attending these therapy type webinars aimed at self help, some for self care but some are also for mindfulness. They talk about being "right where you are" and we can only do what WE can do be who WE are and comparing ourselves to others isn't helpful. I find that this thinking is really helping me get myself back on track. Also, the self care webinar series that I've been attending has really reminded me that what we're doing here is self care. We must care for our bodies the same way we would need to care for our mind and even others. It's all connected and it's weird how thinking this way has really helped me to see it all differently and has really been bringing me back to a place where I can stick to the plan and work on the healthy habits I let go of this last year.
  • AB0215
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Question: I'm curious. Did anyone make New Year's Resolutions?

Me personally, I don't. I did make new goals at the start of the year. I feel that goals are important but I think the New Year New Me attitude isn't overly helpful to me. It's like once the year being new wears off, I'm old again and then I let go.

I was watching a youtube video from someone trying to lose 100 lbs and she said, New Year's Resolutions don't help, if you fall off the wagon, you wait until a new month, new week, whatever to start again, but then she goes "please for the love of God, don't wait until the New Year to get back on the wagon" and it really made me think. we probably all do that. It's more helpful if we start again the next DAY if we fall off the wagon, one day won't kill us, but waiting until the next week or month really isn't going to help. I've decided to take those words and remember them when I have a bad day. Start again the next day or even the next meal. Consistency is key, but one bad day or meal won't ruin all of that. Stick with it, you're worth it.

Also, I've got a couple of goal setting worksheets if anyone is interested.
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xEnp-RnsMsv0iXoqpwCaqVhBKhxy60Mq?usp=sharing
  • osier5
    osier5 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 Thank you for the worksheets! I love New Years and the idea of a fresh start to a new year. I like to reflect over the previous year and think about how I want the new year to be different. However, I've given up setting traditional New Year's Resolutions because I always failed within the first couple of months!
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Username: nebslp
    Weigh in week: January week 1
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's weight: 228.2
    Todays Weight: 228.8
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I need to revise my earlier post🙂
    Username: nebslp
    Weigh in week: January week 1
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's weight: 228.2
    Todays Weight: 228.2

I’m sorry if it caused extra work to change my current weight but I wanted to be accurate. Thank you 😊
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »

Me personally, I don't. I did make new goals at the start of the year. I feel that goals are important but I think the New Year New Me attitude isn't overly helpful to me. It's like once the year being new wears off, I'm old again and then I let go.

I was watching a youtube video from someone trying to lose 100 lbs and she said, New Year's Resolutions don't help, if you fall off the wagon, you wait until a new month, new week, whatever to start again, but then she goes "please for the love of God, don't wait until the New Year to get back on the wagon" and it really made me think. we probably all do that. It's more helpful if we start again the next DAY if we fall off the wagon, one day won't kill us, but waiting until the next week or month really isn't going to help. I've decided to take those words and remember them when I have a bad day. Start again the next day or even the next meal. Consistency is key, but one bad day or meal won't ruin all of that. Stick with it, you're worth it.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xEnp-RnsMsv0iXoqpwCaqVhBKhxy60Mq?usp=sharing

Thank you for this post! Printed and plan on writing out my goals
  • Jen_967
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    AB0215 wrote: »

Thank you for this post! Printed and plan on writing out my goals

For me personally, I didn’t make any resolutions this year. (First year ever). But I never stick to them anyway.
    I will def use to goal setting worksheets. Thanks so much!
This discussion has been closed.