• SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,829 Member
    Start weight, January 1, 2021: 132.0
    December 1, 2020 – 135.6
    November 6, 2020 – 140.8
    October 2, 2020 – 147.8
    September, 14, 2020 – 153.0

My calorie rule for January UAC
    Defining, for myself more than anything, what is the definition of my daily calorie goal. For Oct and Nov, I used 1430 and not eating back exercise. December, I raised that to 1480 with no additional calories for exercise. For January, I am going to try a blended rule; either Food calories under 1480, or Net calories (ie Food minus exercise) under 1200. So, if my exercise burns less than 280 on a given day, there is no added calories. BUT, if I exercise more, I have the option additional food OR if I overeat, I have the option of exercising more to not use a pass day. This flexibility was not something I allowed in my previous rounds. Once I exceeded my goal calories, regardless of my exercise burn. Also, I am defining that I am using the MFP estimate for the caloric burn from exercise. I know I could get different numbers elsewhere, but I am going to use only the one source – good or bad.
    Date: 1/1
    Exercised?: Yes, PM: Solo walk 0:56:56 at 13’58” pace for 4.07 miles, avg HR 133 BPM; 5 min planks/pushups
    Calories?: Yes, 1422/1480 – 284 exercise (1138 net)
    Tracked?: Yes
    Rings closed?: Yes
    TDEE: 2078

Date: 1/2
    Exercised?: Yes, PM: Indoor cycle 31 min; 0:26:34 Solo walk/jog at 11’59” pace for 2.21 miles, avg HR 157 BPM; 3 min mixed plank; 1 min sit up (20), 1 min squat (28), 1 min knee push ups (21)
    Calories?: Yes, 1537/1480 – 455 exercise (1082 net)
    TDEE: 1971

Date: 1/3
    Exercised?: Yes, AM: Indoor cycle 15 min; 1:14:55 Solo walk at 14’53” pace for 5.03 miles, and HR 121 BPM; 4 min mixed planks; 1 min situp (20), 1 min squat (31)
    Calories?: Yes, 1424/1480 – 494 exercise (930 net)
    Rings closed?: No, Stand
    TDEE: 2018

Date: 1/4
    Exercised?: Yes, AM: Elliptical 20 min; 6 min mixed planks
    Calories?: Yes, 1459/1480 – 180 exercise ( 1279 net)
    Rings closed?: No, Move
    TDEE: 1817

Date: 1/5
    Exercised?: Yes, PM: Indoor cycle 30 min; 4 min mixed planks, 1 min situp (21), 1 min squat (32); 0:57:55 Solo Walk at 14’15” pace for 4.06 miles, avg hr 121 BPM
    Calories?: Yes, 1458/1480 – 528 exercise ( 930 net)
    TDEE: 2240

Date: 1/6
    Exercised?: Yes, PM: Indoor cycle 35 min; 4 min mixed planks, 1 min situp (21), 1 min squat (36), 1 min scap pushup pike (10) (341 20/60), Elliptical 12 min; 0:25:01 Solo walk at 15’30” pace for 1.61 miles, avg HR 119 BPM (420 21/60)
    Calories?: Yes, 1480/1480 – 512 exercise ( 967 net)
    TDEE: 2120

Date: 1/7
    Exercised?: Yes, PM: 1:25:51 Solo walk at 13’43” pace for 6.26 miles, avg HR 130 BPM; 5 min mixed planks; 1 min situp (22), 1 min squat (35)
    Calories?: Yes, 1386/1480 – 423 exercise ( 963 net)
    TDEE: TBD

Remaining passes: 3
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,578 Member
    1/7
    Exersized-?yes
    Caleries?-yes
    Logged?-yes
  • fossil9078
    fossil9078 Posts: 130 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • Lilutz
    Lilutz Posts: 389 Member
    Yes x 3. 45 minutes HIIT
  • allisond8
    allisond8 Posts: 39 Member

0 pass days used
  • hollyroregon
    hollyroregon Posts: 9 Member
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?Yes
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    @SimonsChange Hello Simon!! I am so glad to see your post!
  • pamjsa
    pamjsa Posts: 149 Member
    Exercise: ✔️ 30 minutes on stationary bike, 15 minute core workout
    Calories: ✔️
    Tracking:✔️
  • RoseyandReady
    RoseyandReady Posts: 256 Member
    Pass 2/3 needed. I'm back on track and will enter Jan. 8th.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,511 Member
    PASS DAY 1

Crap, over 104 calories and no exercise.

Exercise:no
    Calories: not too bad but over 104
    Tracked, yes

So good news is I am being honest with myself and tracking very diligently. I got derailed today with 2 final job interviews unexpectedly this morning so skipped my normal exercise routine. The nice news is that people are very interested in my skillset. So really I should not be so hard on myself, especially during this time.

The good news is while it's a temporary slip, I still have confidence in myself and strive to chase my goals tomorrow. And, I am determined to not let the stressful news or anything else get in my way.
  • GigiDoma
    GigiDoma Posts: 445 Member
    SModa61 wrote: »
    Since you are re-addressing that question from yesterday, I thought I would move my latest response to here, Day 7. I responded that I understood that one had to report every third day, but was then corrected. This morning, not sure what I was doing, but I came across what had put that idea in my mind. So now I am very confused:

4. CHECK IN.

Post in the "Sign-in" threads of this forum at least once every three days (preferably daily) to let the moderator know that you're still doing the challenge and that you haven't slipped up. Even if you are checking in only every three days, you still have to account for ALL days during the month. SIGN-INS ARE LISTED UNDER THE DISCUSSION SECTION - click on "All Discussions" if you don't see the current sign-in date displayed on the list. They're all there!

I thought we had to at least post every 3rd day as well! I really like posting daily and prefer it, but sometimes I can't because I am so busy! I write down all my food and exercise each day on a post it note. Then at end of the day, I will post in the UAC for the day. The post it note helps me NOT forget anything I ate that day. We only have one PC in the house, no laptop! My husband goes to bed early and I cant post always late at night because the light from our computer room wakes him up as the computer room is attached to our bedroom! If I post on the 3rd day, then I have 3 post it notes wrote out for 3 days! When I am not posting in here, I am still keeping track daily!
  • GigiDoma
    dewit wrote: »
    @ginadomaszewicz I only read your post on Jan 4th today. What's ging on? PM me, if you'd prefer. Hugs to you. 🤗

I just! about made it! Whithin the calories, but at the border line. This inspite of a 40 min HIIT and a 45 min walk. But! I did not have a glass of wine from that 🍾 we opened the other night. Had water with Mg instead 😀.

I think YOU might be the only one that noticed I have been missing! Thanks for wondering about me and I am OK! I have been interviewing like crazy! I am still looking for a nanny job and now have 6 families I currently am talking with. I really hope I get the one job with a lady named Carly. Her family checks every box for me! So please say a prayer for me that I land her job! I also have clients hair to attend to, we just had a new Granddaughter born on January 1st and was working on putting all the holiday decorations back in their tubs for next year. Its just ALOT going on right now, but I am tracking and exercising. I am hoping things let up real soon! Thanks my friend. <3
  • GigiDoma
    Yes, x's 3 - zumba and possibly taking sweet pup for a late walk...but for now - just zumba. Adding free weights in. I am adding in some planks.
    I am avoiding all media except for weather reports and such... If you are prayerful - scroll down for my prayer request for a friend:

would you pray for Mireya? Young woman hospitalized with serious pneumonia after - you know what...covid. Not doing well - in a medically induced coma.

I will add her to my prayer list! Is she a friend of yours?
  • GigiDoma
    Date: 1/7
    Exercised: Yes, today was cleaning, moving Christmas bins down to the basement for storage.
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
    Pass Days: 2 left

• DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    @MaltedTea good call. That might be the only way I manage to get one 🙈
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Yes,yes,yes

2 passes left
  • SimonsChange
    SimonsChange Posts: 230 Member
    @SimonsChange Hello Simon!! I am so glad to see your post!

Thanks Rick, I'm glad to be back and to make some great changes this year!
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,262 Member
    January 7, 2021

Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Pass day 0/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records)