Downsizers - January 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin I'm sorry to hear that you reason is sick I remember those days and even when they are older, I can't sleep for worrying about them. I'm glad his test was negative but this sounds pretty painful what he is going through. I agree with @azkunk - I hope you give yourself permission to take a break.
  • 363days
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Congrats on the 2 pounds - maybe being out of the stressful apartment has changed the way your body is holding on to food and helping with the desire to binge. That is a huge accomplishment, it feels so good when there is more and more time between episodes.
  • 363days
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    1/127088
    1/13-4678
    1/14 4325
    1/15 2186
    1/16 7507
    1/17 10738
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    eak84jobmc2l.jpg
    i886ziqk3xhu.png
    7i7wa57lu6cm.png
    7qnp86v99jlz.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    5rs518zquffy.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    vbpb9fr544yg.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @lindamtuck2018 3.56 %
    2nd @Kali225 3.33%
    3rd @TheMrWobbly 2.72 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @lindamtuck2018 8.2 Lbs
    2nd @Kali225 6.3 Lbs
    3rd @TheMrWobbly 6.0 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @curvycalorie
    @carriestrine
    @Fat2Fit_Kat
    @Sripalbhansali
    @SMcFall0215
    @kandi3570
    @363days
    @ireadlabelsdammit
    @davidji82

4y3p7mn60smv.png
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @lindamtuck2018 🤩🤩🤩
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,404 Member
    Options
    Awesome job @lindamtuck2018, @Sripalbhansali and @363days for being our teams top losers ....Congrats you three :):):)
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Big congrats to @lindamtuck2018, @Sripalbhansali and @363days for your awesome losses this week!
    ire1oasauva9.jpeg
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Also congratulations to @Sripalbhansali and @363days . I was so excited to see @lindamtuck2018 win the week that I forgot to mention you. Great job 🤩
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @lindamtuck2018, @Sripalbhansali and @363days for your great losses!! Congratulations to everyone else who made the list!! :):)
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Weigh in:

SW: 259.4
    PW: 251
    CW: 248.6

Hi all, here for Monday check in. Not much has happened in the past week. I'm still going well with my plan. I bought a packet of fresh blueberries to add into the breakfasts, did me 5 servings which was good. It's nice to have another loss, I was 250.4 yesterday so to step on for first time and see that was surprising. I did weigh in about 45 mins later than I usually do. I am still very dubious on my scales - does anyone have any recommendations for scales? I'm in the UK so won't have some of the shops you do but, Amazon recommendations would probably be the most cross Atlantic accessible place as could likely get it from the UK site too.

Have a great week everyone :)
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Weight check in
    PW 314.4
    CW 311.8
    loss 2.6

Logging - yes
    exercise - yes ( had the Covid test - I don't have it!)
    steps - 6145

So, I lost 2.6, but this is over a two week period and I usually lose this or more over a one-week period. I think maybe I am not able to deal with grains very well, which is what I had suspected. As a result, starting tomorrow (had little in the pantry so just ate a grain), I will be on a no grain or very limited grain diet. Perhaps to really experiment this coming week, I will completely go no grain to see how the results change. Then perhaps I can switch again to one grain the following week and then I will have a full comparison.

Anyway, on happier news I don't have Covid, so I was able to go out for a walk yesterday.

@lindamtuck2018
    Congratulations on your weight loss! For being not only #1 on our team, but for all teams!
    That is a wonderful accomplishment.

Congratulations also to @Sripalbhansali and @363days for your super loss as well!
    You have all done a great job!!!

I hope everyone has a super week!
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Steps

1/14 - 12,006
    1/15 - 2,199
    1/17 - 8527
  • scribb
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Weight check in
    PW 314.4
    CW 311.8
    loss 2.6

Logging - yes
    steps - 6145

So, I lost 2.6, but this is over a two week period and I usually lose this or more over a one-week period. I think maybe I am not able to deal with grains very well, which is what I had suspected. As a result, starting tomorrow (had little in the pantry so just ate a grain), I will be on a no grain or very limited grain diet. Perhaps to really experiment this coming week, I will completely go no grain to see how the results change. Then perhaps I can switch again to one grain the following week and then I will have a full comparison.

Anyway, on happier news I don't have Covid, so I was able to go out for a walk yesterday.

@lindamtuck2018
    Congratulations on your weight loss! For being not only #1 on our team, but for all teams!

Congratulations also to @Sripalbhansali and @363days for your super loss as well!

Amazing loss. Well done
  • scribb
    Options
    mszoueb wrote: »
    Weigh in:

Hi all, here for Monday check in. Not much has happened in the past week. I'm still going well with my plan. I bought a packet of fresh blueberries to add into the breakfasts, did me 5 servings which was good. It's nice to have another loss, I was 250.4 yesterday so to step on for first time and see that was surprising. I did weigh in about 45 mins later than I usually do. I am still very dubious on my scales - does anyone have any recommendations for scales? I'm in the UK so won't have some of the shops you do but, Amazon recommendations would probably be the most cross Atlantic accessible place as could likely get it from the UK site too.

Great loss
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Steps 1/17: 12,329
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,508 Member
    Options
    Just got back from a 7.91 mile walk ... It is 70 degrees outside ... way to nice to sit in the house even though it was suppose to be my rest day :)

I don’t know how you do it. How do you work through the pain? I need hints as I am useless to walk any distance with the pain.

cabman wrote: »
    Hmm. My most did not go.

SW 94.8
    PW 94.6
    CW 94.1

Awesome loss!
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Not a great week or weekend. Spent most of the week recovering from shin splints and the weekend trying to recover from a migraine. I have given up on January's goals and I am just going to try to make it through the rest of the month without gaining.
    CW 166.4
    PW 167.4
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,508 Member
    Options
    mszoueb wrote: »
    Weigh in:

Congrats on the loss! This meal plan is really working for you. I bought my scales off Amazon. It is a 1byone scale. They seem to work good. I know some people mentioned renpho before.

lelbarou wrote: »
    Weight check in
    PW 314.4
    CW 311.8
    loss 2.6

Logging - yes
    steps - 6145

@lindamtuck2018

Yay on the loss and not having covid. How is your sore throat now? I am glad you are walking again. The weather has been ok for walking except for the freezing rain we had the other day.
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 569 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I am able to do pretty well when I'm at home when it comes to food even though we have some junk in the house (my husband's). My daughter loves to bake, so that's hard as well because of the smell! This past weekend, we took an unexpected trip. I brought some healthy snacks, but had to eat at or get takeout or fast food from restaurants for those two days. Man, this is tough when I'm not at home!

My son drove back to college (almost 8 hours away) on Saturday morning. Well, his new standing desk that we got him when he was home (due to pandemic) last year wouldn't fit in his truck. It fit in my SUV, so my husband, daughter and I packed up and drove there with him. My son is in his first apartment, so it was a blessing in disguise to have to go there because my husband was able to come and see our son's apartment for the first time. We drove the almost eight hours back last night. No exercise for me Saturday or Sunday, 15+ hours in the car and restaurants make me not want to step on the scale this morning. I'm tired, but I'll be getting on the treadmill after writing this message. I already miss my kiddo:)

Congrats to all who lost this week! A big congrats to @lindamtuck2018, @Sripalbhansaliand @363days this week!

@mari_moulin
    It's so hard when your child is sick:( Hope he starts to feel better soon.

@scribb
    Happy belated birthday!

@rlaskey2
    I love salmon but rarely buy it. I saw some at Sam's Club yesterday and almost bought it. I will next time. There are different kinds and not sure if one is better than the other.

@Beautyofdreams
    I love @lindamtuck2018 's response to you. It sure can be frustrating to wake up the next morning and wonder why in the world a binge happened. I just started reading the book Brain Over Binge. I think someone here mentioned it, and I got it from the library.

@lelbarou
    Glad your test was negative:)

@jimboden3
    Thanks for the tips on the overnight oats. I've only tried them once. I have been wanting to try them again, so I think I will this week:)

@DawnCumm
    An even hundred! Amazing! Congrats!

@azkunk and @draby2011
    I know how exhausting it is being a healthcare worker during these trying times. My husband works in the ER, and I see how tired he is both mentally and physically. He comes home and says that he feels like he's in a Covid contamination chamber. Most of his patients in the ER these days have Covid. Hang in there.

This discussion has been closed.