Downsizers - January 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 Congrats on the 2 pounds - maybe being out of the stressful apartment has changed the way your body is holding on to food and helping with the desire to binge. That is a huge accomplishment, it feels so good when there is more and more time between episodes.

You are right on that. I started gaining and really struggled with the binge eating in August. That is exactly when the stress started happening at the old apartment. When in therapy I discovered stress is my number one trigger of binge eating. Overall, my eating has been pretty good so far but it has only been a week. Let’s hope.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the congratulations. I know it was mostly water but I did eat way better than I did for the last few months. So for that I am proud.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    iradi8 wrote: »
    I am able to do pretty well when I'm at home when it comes to food even though we have some junk in the house (my husband's). My daughter loves to bake, so that's hard as well because of the smell! This past weekend, we took an unexpected trip. I brought some healthy snacks, but had to eat at or get takeout or fast food from restaurants for those two days. Man, this is tough when I'm not at home!

My son drove back to college (almost 8 hours away) on Saturday morning. Well, his new standing desk that we got him when he was home (due to pandemic) last year wouldn't fit in his truck. It fit in my SUV, so my husband, daughter and I packed up and drove there with him. My son is in his first apartment, so it was a blessing in disguise to have to go there because my husband was able to come and see our son's apartment for the first time. We drove the almost eight hours back last night. No exercise for me Saturday or Sunday, 15+ hours in the car and restaurants make me not want to step on the scale this morning. I'm tired, but I'll be getting on the treadmill after writing this message. I already miss my kiddo:)

Congrats to all who lost this week! A big congrats to @lindamtuck2018, @Sripalbhansaliand @363days this week!

@mari_moulin
    It's so hard when your child is sick:( Hope he starts to feel better soon.

@scribb
    Happy belated birthday!

@rlaskey2
    I love salmon but rarely buy it. I saw some at Sam's Club yesterday and almost bought it. I will next time. There are different kinds and not sure if one is better than the other.

@Beautyofdreams
    I love @lindamtuck2018 's response to you. It sure can be frustrating to wake up the next morning and wonder why in the world a binge happened. I just started reading the book Brain Over Binge. I think someone here mentioned it, and I got it from the library.

@lelbarou
    Glad your test was negative:)

@jimboden3
    Thanks for the tips on the overnight oats. I've only tried them once. I have been wanting to try them again, so I think I will this week:)

@DawnCumm
    An even hundred! Amazing! Congrats!

@azkunk and @draby2011
    I know how exhausting it is being a healthcare worker during these trying times. My husband works in the ER, and I see how tired he is both mentally and physically. He comes home and says that he feels like he's in a Covid contamination chamber. Most of his patients in the ER these days have Covid. Hang in there.

I just downloaded the book you are reading. I have kindle unlimited and it was there. That’s a long drive. Restaurant food is really high in sodium so if you do gain you are probably retaining water. I remember those first apartment days well. It certainly gives you mixed feelings.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Sunday’s Check In
    Steps: 4,206 ✅
    Tracked: ✅
    Sleep: ✅
    Water: ✅
    Healthy snacks: ✅

As I suspected I had a gain this morning. I know it is from the jiggs dinner and the water weight will disappear over the next few days. I have to cook it once in awhile as it is a taste of home. I am about to put some soup in the slow cooker. My husband cut up all the vegetables last night so it is not going to be much of an effort to get it done.

We didn’t get as much done as we planned this weekend so today I have to try and finish up. I finally have my appointment today with the eating disorder clinic for my 18 month follow up. I thought it was 2 years for some reason but with all the delays in the appointment it is getting closer to 2 years mark.

Enjoy your Monday!

• DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Morning all from Cal. Hope everyone is doing well. Going to start making meal preps for lunch to help keep me on target. what is you best take-a-way meals?

1/17/21 steps = 2123 : (

Just can't seem to get time to walk, need to make this a priority.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    mdmubpzf7wos.png
    Well done team! We made the top three!
    Congrats to @Sripalbhansali and @363days
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,862 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I still need steps from the following people .... I will be zeroing them out tonight if I do not have them

@Sripalbhansali 1/10 1/12-1/16
    @Z1ORtza 1/15 & 1/16

• Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post January 17
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 120oz
    Steps 3317
    Exercise Rest Day

Spent a good family day at my parents house yesterday. My sister in law is going back to work so I will be watching her girls once a week again. The kids are excited to play together more again.

My husband and I are planning on trying some new recipes this week. We've been trying to find foods to add to our rotation for more variety. Tonight is a yellow curry chicken and veggies.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN: Week 3 (Sunday)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    🥤 96 oz. Water ✔️
    🍽 Under Calories ❌
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS
    SUN 1/17: 6,234
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    It had been a little while since I took a progress picture, so I took one and made a little collage of my total progress. Hopefully it's alright if I post it here. 3xuyznqdi7t2.jpg

Best thing I’ve seen today!!! Thank you for sharing! Amazing job!!!
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options

It had been a little while since I took a progress picture, so I took one and made a little collage of my total progress. Hopefully it's alright if I post it here. 3xuyznqdi7t2.jpg

Awesome job. Way to go
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Jan 18, 2020)
    CW: 218.3
    PW: 218.3
    Starting Weight: 240

Hmmm - I'm starting to feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. It seems like I've seen this on my scale again as the only thing I've lost over the week is 7 days! Actually, I was petty good on exercise and diet until yesterday - we took the kids to the Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel exhibit following lunch out at the Twisted Ranch restaurant (their choice) which is known for a menu full of variety of Ranch dressing on everything - not exactly healthy fare but I did the best I could. Then we found out my wife's cousin was in town for the day so we met them for dinner (heated outdoor dining). I got the Asian Kale salad with Salmon - it was delicious but a little heavy on the dressing and salt so I think I paid for it today. Anyway, I'm hoping to snap back tomorrow and will double my efforts this week so I can make real progress before the month is out.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options

What a great change. Your progress really shows! Thank you for sharing. :)
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I still need steps from the following people .... I will be zeroing them out tonight if I do not have them

@DawnCumm 1/14 & 1/15
    @draby2011 1/16
    @Z1ORtza 1/15 & 1/16
    @eaturpasta 1/15 & 1/16

OK, I suck!!! I totally thought I entered my steps each day. Luckily I do have my tracking tool.

1/14 = 9,628
    1/15 = 3,174
  • Case0099
    Case0099 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    CW 213.2
    PW 213.6
    LTD 31.8
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options

@DawnCumm 1/14 & 1/15
    @draby2011 1/16
    @Z1ORtza 1/15 & 1/16
    @eaturpasta 1/15 & 1/16

16: 7,836
    17: 7,951
This discussion has been closed.