Downsizers - January 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,527 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    I am off again today and I am quite enjoying it. Today I am having my second COVID vaccine, going grocery shopping and prepping for the next 2 days of work. I stepped on the scale this morning and was down over another pound today. I think like @lelbarou put it, I had been holding on to some weight and it seems to be releasing. I am now into my 3rd week of this new work assignment/schedule and I am feeling less stressed.

It’s nice to have a few days off. Make sure you take some me time. Isn’t the feeling you get when the weight starts to move wonderful. Do you think the stress affected your weight loss?
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Steps 1/19: 20,084
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post January 19
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 138oz
    Steps 9005
    Exercise Chest/Back Lift & 30 min treadmill

Today both my nieces are here as my sister in law went back to work this week. Not gonna lie, I was nervous about handling 4 young kids by myself, but it's been a great day so far, just very busy. Got a bit of a break finally after taking my son to preschool and putting the girls down for naps. Even the baby is sleeping right now, how lucky haha.

I've been talking about how I wanted to get back into lifting weights so yesterday was day 1. I'm pretty sore today after taking 5 months off but that's expected. I don't want to get burnt out again like last time so I have just 2 days a week planned.
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

1/19 steps = 2,529
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Yep. I would definitely check the reoccurring charge on your daughter's phone. Especially if it is not part of her phone plan, and is a call someone is making and charging to her phone.

@azkunk
    I get it about free trials. One of the things I've noticed is they are getting shorter, and shorter. Five or seven days, not thirty!!
  • eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Eaturpasta
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    PW:169.4
    CW:170.0
    SW 197.0
    LTG 155.0
    LTD(loss to date) 27.0
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 ooohh that sounds so yummy. I'm putting it on the grocery list.
    @mari_moulin Just curious - do you know how quick before you start to see the change in inches? It sounds like it would be hard to go by the scale once a person starts working out...
    @Bluetail6 This has happened to me several times in the past and even with a credit card I don't use so I hadn't been checking it - great advice
    @rlaskey2 - Thumbs up!
    @azkunk - a second vaccine - good for you. I'm so glad you have it, with the work you are doing for everyone else!
    @lelbarou How exciting!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,214 Member
    Options
    @363days here is the recipe for the cheese and chicken poblano pepper recipe https://www.wholesomeyum.com/stuffed-poblano-peppers-recipe/
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    1/20
    Food logged.
    Under calories.
    No exercise today. :(

Stepped on the scale and had lost 2 of the 3 pounds gained from binge eating. Even though have raised calories to maintenance for the week, am actually eating around 1300 calories per day which is 360 less than maintenance. Evidently, am in the habit of eating fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Now to reintroduce the exercise habit. Glad we have the habit tracker. It is a visual reminder of the promises made to ourselves.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN: Week 3 (Wednesday)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    🥤 96 oz. Water ✔️
    🍽 Under Calories ✔️
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS
    WED 1/20: 13,630 (kickboxing) + 16,230 = 29,860
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    @363days
    Yep. Not surprised!!
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    @lelbarou
    I love your idea of adding cocoa to ricotta!! :)
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Yesterday's steps 12,866
    Tuesday's steps 10,006
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post January 19
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 138oz
    Steps 9005
    Exercise Chest/Back Lift & 30 min treadmill

Today both my nieces are here as my sister in law went back to work this week. Not gonna lie, I was nervous about handling 4 young kids by myself, but it's been a great day so far, just very busy. Got a bit of a break finally after taking my son to preschool and putting the girls down for naps. Even the baby is sleeping right now, how lucky haha.

I've been talking about how I wanted to get back into lifting weights so yesterday was day 1. I'm pretty sore today after taking 5 months off but that's expected. I don't want to get burnt out again like last time so I have just 2 days a week planned.

Taking care of 4 young kids has to burn a lot of calories.

eaturpasta wrote: »
    Eaturpasta
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    PW:169.4
    CW:170.0
    SW 197.0
    LTG 155.0
    LTD(loss to date) 27.0

I know you are frustrated with the gaining and losing of the same few pounds. Try to be very on point with your tracking for a few weeks and see what happens. I know it is hard for you to weigh and measure everything with your job but measure everything when at home. If you can pre weigh food you are taking to work try it. I know it is a lot easier for me I know as I don’t work. Do the best you can.
    CHECK IN: Week 3 (Wednesday)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    🥤 96 oz. Water ✔️
    🍽 Under Calories ✔️
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS
    WED 1/20: 13,630 (kickboxing) + 16,230 = 29,860

🔥🔥🔥

Bluetail6 wrote: »
    The struggle is real...

So, I have been futzing around with my calories, macros, and micros. I had my diary set at losing 2 lbs. a week since I started 9/1/20. It gave me the arbitrary 1200 calorie minimum per day. About a month ago I moved my calorie goal to 1350. I just felt like I wanted more calories. 1200 is hard when I have certain micronutrient goals I want to meet, if I don't happen to exercise that day. Anyway, today I was futzing around again, and thought, well, I'll see what MFP gives me for a goal of losing 1.5, 1, or 0.5 lbs. per week.... Well, to my surprise, losing at a rate of 1.5 lbs., or even 1 lb. per week, it gives me the same 1200 calorie goal... I set my loss to 0.5 per week and it gave me 1240 calories!!!

I just hadn't made the personal connection of, as my weight goes down, it is going to take less calories, of course, to stay in a deficit.

Sheesh. I then started thinking about my goals outside of weight loss. This is something that really helped me see that, if I don't exercise on a day, and eat more than the very low, it seems to me calories for half pound a week loss, so what. Weight loss slows down, so what.... As long as the general trend is down. I'm good. I'm better than good. I'm losing weight on my terms, and enjoying the ride, if you will.

I am entering a place, 10 lbs. to a normal weight range, that I haven't seen for years... I'm excited, I'm grateful, I know my hard work is paying off.

The first major goal is in my crosshairs.... Lee :)<3

You are doing so well with your journey. I think losing weight on your terms is very important. Weight loss is never linear so you have to look at the overall trend. I think a lot of people losing weight needs to adopt your insight. Just curious, do you use a weight trending app?

1/20
    Food logged.
    Under calories.
    No exercise today. :(

Stepped on the scale and had lost 2 of the 3 pounds gained from binge eating. Even though have raised calories to maintenance for the week, am actually eating around 1300 calories per day which is 360 less than maintenance. Evidently, am in the habit of eating fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Now to reintroduce the exercise habit. Glad we have the habit tracker. It is a visual reminder of the promises made to ourselves.

I know the bloat from binge eating is not a good feeling. It is great when it starts to go down. Great job on using the habit tracker. It is something I need to be using.

lelbarou wrote: »
    Jan. 20
    logging - yes
    exercise - yes (walking)
    Steps - 8607

I'm starting to see patterns in weight loss.
    I know @363days, you mentioned the weight wasn't moving.
    I think we are all different, but I'm notice I have times weight is holding for a couple weeks
    and then releasing after. I think this can partly be things like sodium, but our bodies have some kind of rhythm which that is their own and we have to just be patient with them. It will happen.

@lindamtuck2018 and @azkunk
    I think you both asked about reading and cooking. I am trying to find ways to make bean soups that I like. I made a lentil soup (so thick it's almost a stew) that I really like. I'm reading a book called the new corporation. It's based on a documentary by the same name. It's quite interesting. Also, I like biographies, so I have to pick up a book at the library called : Can't hurt me. It's the story of a man who had a very traumatic childhood but became one of the most inspirational people in the military. He is a navy seal as well as having many decorations and honors.

Idea for protein:
    If some of you need more protein in your diet, but don't like meat or other sources, and you do like dairy, then ricotta cheese is a good option. In 125 grams of ricotta you have about 300 calories and 55 grams of protein. I just had 250 grams which is a whopping 600 calories BUT now I've me my protein quota for the whole day! I just hit 99 grams of protein. As a result, I can eat lighter food the rest of the day like fruit, veggies, beans etc.

A nice way you can eat ricotta is either with unsweetned cocoa or with vanilla extract. You can add a few tablespoons of cocoa power or some vanilla and then mix in some stevia which is a no calorie natural sweetener and it's just delicious! Kind of a sweet protein. It's so delicious.

Anyway, that's a protein tip I have.

I hope everyone has a great day!

I need to start reading things with more substance. I have never tried eating ricotta unless it is in something. I find it hard to eat cottage cheese but maybe ricotta would be easier.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Wednesday’s Check In
    Steps: 3,171 ❌
    Tracked: ✅
    Sleep: ✅
    Water: ✅
    Healthy snacks: ✅

My am off in a few minutes to get some blood work done for next week’s doctors appointment. I have a diabetic check and hopefully she will have something else to try and lower this nerve pain. I am tired of it controlling my life. It’s a long story but we ended up eating McDonald’s last night. I was very surprised that I didn’t gain any water weight today. I am going to drink extra water today so hopefully it doesn’t show up tomorrow on my weigh in day. Just to note, I have everything under control for tonight’s supper. 😂

Have a super day!

• Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post January 20
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 120oz
    Steps 9213
    Exercise 20mins walking/jogging intervals on the treadmill

By the time my nieces left yesterday evening I had 6000 just from being active with all the kids. I did a little walking and jogging on the treadmill after the kids went to bed and it took 20mins to get the rest of my steps.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,214 Member
    Options
    Update on me .... I am on the mend ... I just have a headache now ...I slept most of the day away yesterday :) .. I called PT and told them I need to cancel for now I have too many medical issues at this time ...They said call us back when you want to re start .... I wasn't impressed with them so I am not sure if I will be returning ... this isn't an injury it is something I was born with (hip dysplasia)
This discussion has been closed.