Options

Replies

• lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I would like to respond to some posts:

@scribb - nice loss and good steps!

@heatherbluebell
    I very much related to your story. I also have been battling health issues as a result of my weight. Also, I have trouble with fitting in chairs at the theater etc so it limits my ability to go out and enjoy different activities. I have also had to get the dreaded seat belt extender. I feel embarrassed sometimes about how I am spreading onto someone else's seat on an airplane and taking up what is supposed to be their space. Thank God most people or basically everyone I have sat next to is so polite and kind and doesn't make me feel badly about this.

@Bluetail6 and @lindamtuck2018
    Thank you for your concern over my knee. I don't worry too much unless the pain threshold is over a 5 out of 10. It's normal that I have some pain unless I am very consistent my knee clinic exercises. I appreciate your kind comments and caring attitude.

@Tazaria87
    I think you are the person who put up the recipe about the broccoli soup If I recall? Thank you!
    It was AWESOME. Also, I varied it and made another version except with spinach too.
    Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recipe. Really tasty!

@littleflutterby
    Hi Tanya. I'm sorry you have been experiencing pain and light-headedness. This sounds very difficult and unpleasant. I think you are doing a great job! Our bodies sometimes hit plateaus and regroup so I hope you don't feel at all worried about this. It will happen next week since it didn't this week. I get what you mean about being all or nothing. I have this tendency too. It's good to remember that weight is physics. If you take in less, you will lose. You cannot alter the law of this, so it WILL come off. It's just a waiting game. I try to be patient and remember if not now, then soon it will happen. I guess I'm a nerd! Ha Ha! Physics! LOL

@iradi8
    Congratulations on hitting the 50 pound mark! Just AWESOME!

@Beautyofdreams
    I saw your post. First of all, you deserve huge kudos and a big hand for losing 70 pounds! Holy Guacamole! That is just AMAZING! I'm reading a book and he talks about putting cookies in your cookie jar. Here he means cookies as accomplishments and your cookie jar as your mind or thought process. The fact that you have lost 70 pounds is a HUGE cookie! You have a massive amount of proof that you are a successful person! What other cookies do you have that you can put in your cookie jar? Some cookies will be small, and some will be big, but they all fill up your cookie jar. When you feel doubtful, then recall all the cookies in your jar. Relive the success and the feeling this success has brought you. You have proof that you are a successful person. How many other successes can you think of both big and small???? I bet there is a lot! Fill up that jar and remember your cookies when you feel down!

@jimboden3
    I like your coloring idea. Very creative and interesting!

@lindamtuck2018
    Hi Linda. I suppose everyone is different, but I find protein rather than carbs keeps me full during the night. I often have a 1/2 cup cottage cheese or a tin of tuna if I'm really hungry at night. I know some people say bananas are good and help with sleep. Another idea is I mix 1 cup unsweetened almond milk with 3 tbsp cocoa powder and some stevia. In case you are thirsty this could help and the cocao is very satiating! Best of luck finding a snack that works for you!

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,485 Member
    Options

What diet plan are you following? ie keto, calorie counting, WW

I am counting calories and doing intermittent fasting. I am thinking of stopping the fasting for now and spread my calories evenly throughout the day to see if it helps my hunger.

• 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Steps 2/2: 13,125

Looking back, it has been a whole week since I last met my goal of 15,000 steps. Time to 'step it up' (I know...pretty lame...).🙄
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,068 Member
    Options
    Just got done doing Richard Simmon's Broadway Blastoff video for 30 minutes and will be going on our walk later after daughter's classes :) It is cooler today and cloudy (love this weather) :)
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    I would like to respond to some posts:

@Tazaria87
    I think you are the person who put up the recipe about the broccoli soup If I recall? Thank you!
    It was AWESOME. Also, I varied it and made another version except with spinach too.
    Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recipe. Really tasty!

It was indeed me. You're welcome! I've made it with spinach before too. I love that it's pretty versatile and can be changed to suit people's tastes.
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Hello, happy Wednesday - I don't think I did an introduction in my first post, but I'm Kat - a nickname for my middle name, thanks to my sister who didn't like my first name. :D I just turned 47, live in NYC, and I've recently returned to college for a marketing degree. Unfortunately, I haven't budged since I gave my re-start weight but I'm back to doing the things I should be doing. I guess I just have to be patient and wait for the results to start.

CW: 208.6
    PW: 208.6
    SW: 231.8
    Now that we found what pushed you to begin your journey let’s learn about your plans.

I basically use MFP to set up my calories and macros, keeping my carbs low but not keto low. I don't eat back any calories that I earn from exercise. My exercise is home-based now, with exercise bands, a jogging trampoline, a step, free weights, and YouTube videos.

• Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @missGyst, welcome Kat. How exciting to go back to college. Wishing you success in your goals.

@lelbarou, Laura, thank you for the cookie analogy. I sometimes forget to be grateful for all the things that I have gotten to do over my life. This has helped me realize that I have achieved many little goals and while I might not succeed at everything that I try, at least I will gain new experiences.

I am following the calorie counting set up from MFP. I don't really pay too much attention to the macros but try to eat 60-80g protein, 40g fat and the balance in carbs. I do not drink soda. It is a trigger food for me and makes me want starchy or sugary carbs that never fill me up. I do try to eat the suggested fiber goal each day and only drink water or tea.
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    2/2 Steps 11,267
  • heatherbluebell
    heatherbluebell Posts: 86 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I have to be careful with formal ‘diets’ because of my disordered eating, so what I’ve been doing is focusing on small things I can do. Here are some of them:
    • Don’t drink pop at home
    • Drink more water. It started with 48 oz/day and I got up to around 96 oz, but I’m back to 48 after losing my momentum
    • Eating balanced meals – focusing on veggies and healthy protein
    • Focus on the 80/20 principle of eating healthy 80% of the time, and having whatever without judgement 20% of the time. That said, I use MFP to track calories, and when I want to have an unhealthy high calorie thing, I plan for it and rarely go over my calories for the day (at least before I fell off the wagon).

@lelbarou
    I admit, I totally have struggled with the same thing of being worried of encroaching on other people’s space because of my size. It leads to being even more uncomfortable on a airplane trying to keep out of other people’s space. I lost a lot of weight a few years ago, and went to Florida on a trip. I didn’t have to use a seat belt extender, I rode rollercoasters at Universal Studios (which I love) and OMG, I attended Zumba convention!! That was the whole reason why I went there. I was a Zumba instructor at the time, and spent 3 days doing Zumba with people from all over the world! I want SO MUCH to get back to that point again. But that’s over 100 pounds away still. The nice thing is, I’ve been there before so I KNOW I an get back there again!

My daily check-in.
    It seems easier to report on the day before, considering a few of my goals involve the evening... so, that's what I'm going to start doing. So, yesterday:
    ✔️48 oz. water/day
    ✔️ One healthy snack/day
    ✔️ In bed by 10:30 three nights this week. 1/3
    ✔️ Check in daily with this group
    ❌ 4,000 steps

@megan_smartiepants1970
    My steps since the beginning of Feb:
    • Feb 1: 2,222
    • Feb 2: 2,910
    • Feb 3: I'll report tomorrow
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

2/2: 10739
    2/3: 9515
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,068 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

2/2: 10739
    2/3: 9515

Did you have 0's for 1/31 and 2/1?
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    What diet plan are you following (ie. keto, calorie counting, WW)?

45zo77krujwm.png

Basic calorie counting is currently working for me as long as;
    • I make sure I'm regularly in a calorie deficit (calories eaten < calories burned)
    • I try to get enough protein and fit in strength training (weight lifting) to minimize muscle loss and raise my metabolism

Maybe I'll need to revise or refine my approach when I hit a plateau but for right now the numbers on the scale are still on a slow, somewhat bumpy, but downward coast so this simple approach is working for me.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Yesterday's steps 14,512
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @azkunk, @Megan_smartiepants1970, @lelbarou
    Thanks for the snack ideas

@mari_moulin
    So glad to see you getting those gym sessions done. I know you love Zumba so have you been doing that online at all?

@lelbarou
    So glad your knee and foot have improved. Hopefully, you back gets better soon!

@Tazaria87
    Well done meeting all your daily goals!
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @888Angie888
    I am confident you can reach your step goal.

@missGYST
    You are doing all the necessary things to lose weight so it will happen. Those pounds will start to drop.

@heatherbluebell
    I love those goals. I especially like the sleep goal. You have made me think about mine. Mine is to get 7 hours every night but that is not doable so I think I am going to change it to 5 nights. Thanks for the idea!

@jimboden3
    Slow is good. That is my approach right now also. I like the exercise colouring you posted.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in
    Steps 4,234 ✅
    Sleep ✅
    Water ✅
    Track ✅

I have a telephone dietitian’s appointment by phone in 10 minutes so I have to be quick. It is my diabetic dietitian not the eat disorder one. I loved reading everyone’s approach to their eating plan. Thanks for sharing.

I still only got one “walk” in the hallway yesterday but I did 12 laps instead of 10. I will do one as soon as my appointment is over and one after lunch. It’s meal planning day!

Off to make a coffee so I am fully awake for the appointment. Have a fantastic day!
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Feb. 3 check in
    logging - yes and under
    exercise - yes - walking
    steps - 8197

So, I took my walk, but my foot is still a little bothersome. I think I will give it a few more days. If it's still bothering me, I might go to the chiropodist. I have been offered and accepted a part-time permanent teaching position. It isn't a ton of hours, but it puts me on a higher seniority list. This means I get more consideration for other jobs I apply to from now on so it's a win-win.

I got a super nice email from my brother and I was in shock. He is a very guarded person and we have never really been close. This was the first time in ages where he sort of lowered his guard and was sharing with me. I was really happy about this.

I hope everyone has a great day!
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post January 3
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 94oz
    Steps 9014
    Exercise 40min treadmill

I'm still pretty sore from boxing and from lifting weights. So, I'm wondering if I won't show a loss this week because I bet I'm retaining water. We will see Saturday. Time to drink my coffee and work on the grocery list for tomorrow.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Steps 2/3: 20,660
This discussion has been closed.