Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post February 17
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 75oz
    Steps 9011
    Exercise 40min Treadmill

Had a last minute grocery run scheduled with my mom after taking my son to preschool. Went to Costco and Whole Foods and got some needed things. Was gone the whole time he was at school and forgot about taking a drink so my water intake was lower then usual for the day. Will correct that for today because I think I can tell. My kids are sitting behind me playing Wii and I'm at the counter drinking coffee. It's a good morning haha. Have a great day everyone.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 2/17: 15,896
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday
    CW: 235.2
    PW: 237.6
    YTD: -11.4
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Oh goodness Linda! Do you two different kinds of nerve pain at the same time!???
    You have the diabetic nerve pain, but you also have nerve pain from your back like me?
    OH BOY!

If you need more medication, then you should get it!
    I hate it when doctors don't listen to you. We should have a voice in our own care!

I wonder if you also have sciatica? Or just a blocked nerve...I find my coccyx is bothering me so I bought a special seat cushion from amazon! I'm trying to do anything that might help!

I'm glad the grandkids are coming and that gives a lot of joy!

I'm sorry for your husband. Having teeth pulled is terrible. Poor guy!

You are awesome Linda and deserve much better! I'm hoping life will roll you a seven soon!
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    2/17 Steps 4,061
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams you would never know you are exhausted, the way you are out shoveling or doing something else that is strenuous. I'm so happy for you and I hope you see results very soon.
    @lindamtuck2018 nerve pain is the worst, and in the US they have really cut back on pain meds, and although I understand the reason why, I have heard many people who have not found anything to help with the pain. My brother used to ride bulls and he has had two hip replacements, spent the summer in the hospital from being thrown, and more....he lives daily in pain and is unable to get the medication he needs to help him. I saw a topical nerve pain on Amazon - I had no idea they even made anything like that, and I'm not sure how it would work, but it might be worth a try. My mom has nerve pain and she bought Emu cream and said it helped her. I'm so happy you are having family around you. It sounds like things are opening up!
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @lelbarou Like the new pic! In Tulsa, we have many outdoor things and many of them are free. As I've said before, there are places to just sit outside and listen to music. I'm finding that is one of the things I miss the most, being outside and people watching while listening to music. It was sunny today!!! Wow the sun makes all the difference in my mood! I went to the print shop and even the staff were all talking about how happy they were to be working again. Most businesses have been closed since Saturday. Yippee.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Check-in for Wednesday 2/17

Check in daily:
    Water (90oz):
    Steps (9K):
    Macros (P-105/ C-115/ F-40): ✅✅✅
    Exercise 3x /wk: ✅❔❔

Yesterday was a good day and the scale was back in the right direction. The weather has been good here and I took some me time in the late afternoon sun sitting on my patio. Nothing like a little sunshine to clear the winter blues.
  • azkunk
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 steps for 2/17= 9480
  • azkunk
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - that quiche sounds amazing. I think I will google a recipe and make it 🤤

@scribb - pretty impressive steps!

@lelbarou - I know that I need to exercise but I hate it. My health coach sent me a podcast about setting habits which said make a plan to do something even if it’s just putting on your shoes to start building the habit. If you do more, great. So my goal is to get my bands out 3 days this week. That’s a great idea to pre-log your food. You got this!

@missGYST - a loss is a loss. Stick to your plan and you will see a bigger number next week

@lcfa5317 - that sounds like a lot to go trough for a walk. I hope it warms up soon.

@Beautyofdreams - epo is an amazing medication. I hope you qualify for it.

@heatherbluebell - I hope you enjoyed your walk today

@draby2011 - HA likely more from caffeine withdrawal. I take Excedrin Migraine and it works. There is something magical about that combo of caffeine, Tylenol and aspirin

• azkunk
    Options
    @Tazaria87 - you post made me get up and refill my water bottle

@lindamtuck2018 - I’m sorry that you didn’t get the news you wanted. I hoped the visit from your daughter and granddaughter cheer you up.

@888Angie888 - nice loss🤩

@draby2011 - I hired a Heath coach a couple of months ago just for diet (I hate exercise) and it has really helped me to stay focused. I’m excited for you 😁
  • heatherbluebell
    heatherbluebell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    @draby2011
    That’s so exciting! It sounds like this coach is really great. I remember years ago realizing that one of my issues is that I also don’t eat enough. It’s counter intuitive! LOL

@lindamtuck20
    I’m so sorry to hear about your pain. It must be very frustrating that it’s been progressively getting worse, yet you’re not getting much help/answers. I hope you get some relief soon. Certainly time with your grandchildren is probably a good distraction.

@megan_smartiepants1980
    How did the CT/icky dye go? When do you expect to get the results?

@azkunk
    Oh my, sitting on the patio in the sun sounds SOOOOO wonderful right about now! I’m jealous!
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    @missGYST I'm so excited for you and the fun trip you have planned. I will be living vicariously through you, as I haven't been able to ski this year, so be sure and share all of the yummy details and how you got yourself in shape for it.
    I keep meaning to get back to you on this, but as you can see I'm woefully behind! So it remains to be seen if this is going to work, but I added to my home gym collection. I already have the kind of resistance bands that hook over a door, so I've been using those to mimic the pull of having to use your poles to get over flat sections. Then I got a small aerobic step and I've been doing step-ups and a mini box jump. I have a jogging trampoline so I try to run on that for a while (the last few days haven't happened) and lastly and probably the most fun, I got a slide board. I saw it in-store clearanced for $24 and figured why not?! It mimics the lateral movement really well and I found that the same muscles in my hips and thighs that get tired skiing are getting tired using this, so I hope it's going to help. So Park City here we come... in another 3 weeks so hopefully I'll be in better shape! :D:D:D

• heatherbluebell
    heatherbluebell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in
    Heatherbluebell
    Thursdays
    PW: 372.0
    CW: 368.6 (-3.4)
    LTD: 71.4

@megan_smartiepants1980
    My steps for 02/17 = 4,349

I’m happy to see the scale going down again after a few big gains the last few weeks. I’ve made a lot of food this week and pre-portioned it out. It’s not the healthiest options per se, but it’s more healthy than not eating or ordering in, AND I find when I make an effort like this, it actually improves my motivation. It’s something I can build on.

I found myself yesterday just shy of my step goal, and there I was brushing my teeth at night, marching in place to reach my goal. Yay!!!! I have a follow-up with my dietician tomorrow, my monthly appointment with my psychologist, followed by my annual physical. I’m kinda excited for it! LOL. I know I’ve lost about 40ish pounds since I was last weighed there, and that’s exciting. I actually go to my GP’s virtual Zumba class, so she knows I’ve been working on my health this year.

I bought new magnetic fridge menu thing, both weekly and monthly, hoping the combination will help with my motivation. I also bought this water bottle that has motivational things and times on it, helping one to drink more water through out the day. So… looking forward to more NSVs in the near future.

My focus right now is leaving the 360 pound decade. I’ve been here since October, and have renewed motivation to cross over into the 350s. 😊
  • azkunk
    Options
    @missGYST - you sound very determined to get into ski shape. It will definitely pay off. Good luck.

@heatherbluebell - you are making amazing progress, you will be in the 350s in no time. Keep up the great work!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,277 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - that quiche sounds amazing. I think I will google a recipe and make it 🤤

@scribb - pretty impressive steps!

@lelbarou - I know that I need to exercise but I hate it. My health coach sent me a podcast about setting habits which said make a plan to do something even if it’s just putting on your shoes to start building the habit. If you do more, great. So my goal is to get my bands out 3 days this week. That’s a great idea to pre-log your food. You got this!

@missGYST - a loss is a loss. Stick to your plan and you will see a bigger number next week

@lcfa5317 - that sounds like a lot to go trough for a walk. I hope it warms up soon.

@Beautyofdreams - epo is an amazing medication. I hope you qualify for it.

@heatherbluebell - I hope you enjoyed your walk today

@draby2011 - HA likely more from caffeine withdrawal. I take Excedrin Migraine and it works. There is something magical about that combo of caffeine, Tylenol and aspirin

I actually didn't make it today .... came home from my CT scan ...took a walk and felt like crap the rest of the day

This recipe is keto but you could always add a crust or whatever ...https://www.wholesomeyum.com/recipes/caprese-crustless-quiche/
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,277 Member
    Options
    @draby2011
    That’s so exciting! It sounds like this coach is really great. I remember years ago realizing that one of my issues is that I also don’t eat enough. It’s counter intuitive! LOL

@lindamtuck20
    I’m so sorry to hear about your pain. It must be very frustrating that it’s been progressively getting worse, yet you’re not getting much help/answers. I hope you get some relief soon. Certainly time with your grandchildren is probably a good distraction.

@megan_smartiepants1980
    How did the CT/icky dye go? When do you expect to get the results?

@azkunk
    Oh my, sitting on the patio in the sun sounds SOOOOO wonderful right about now! I’m jealous!

It went better this time around .... he injected me with contrast ...last time I was nauseous and was gagging ....this time I didn't do that but I felt sick later this afternoon .... I know I already I have a 2nd hernia and I have kidney stones ... I have to go back tomorrow afternoon to pick up the report/CD for my Surgeon (hernia) which I see on the 25th
This discussion has been closed.